PDA

View Full Version : The Soloist

KC//CRIMSON
9/11/2008, 02:22 PM
If You Run Out of Oscars, It's Because 'The Soloist' Has Them All

Here's the trailer for The Soloist the semi-real inspirational story of reporter Robert Downey Jr. finding redemption by helping schizophrenic hobo Jamie Foxx play the cello. The only way this thing could be better Oscar bait is if they painted it gold, put it in a wig and makeup, and had it give some coquettish glances to the Oscar statues. "Hey, booooooys!"

New Trailer Inside:http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2008/09/if_you_run_out_of_oscars_its_b.php

Hot Rod
9/11/2008, 04:08 PM
Looks like a good movie.

SteelClip49
4/29/2009, 09:17 AM
I saw it last night at Warren and I really didn't know what to expect. When it was all said and done, I was expecting more or a much different ending but I think we create the ending or are supposed to know what is to be expected later. The acting was brilliant and if Foxx didn't win the Oscar for Ray then this would do it. Downey, Jr.'s performance was very good and his talent has been dominant since Iron Man and will only get better. I am not sure if his performance is Oscar-worthy but his role was very good.

It was unexpected comedy, dramatic, intense, emotional and very uplifting. The music was phenomenal throughout and I must get the soundtrack.

My friend was telling me that the homeless people in the movie are real and not actors which made it more jaw-dropping and I couldn't believe what I saw and that is what is actually happening in this country.

It's a great see. You may or may not expect more when it's done but you will leave being very happy. It's a great movie and the acting is superb.

Rogue
5/1/2009, 08:55 PM
Just left the theater. This show blew me away with the real and touching depictions of mental illness and homelessness. If it doesn't walk away with a pile of awards, we're in for a year full of movie greatness.

SteelClip49
5/2/2009, 02:49 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130917

Of course, I am irrelevant ;)

Crucifax Autumn
5/2/2009, 03:12 AM
It debuted too early to win much.

theresonly1OU
5/2/2009, 08:49 AM
nice synopsis; I might have to check it out.