PDA

View Full Version : Wells now doubtful for tOSU-SUC game

sooner59
9/11/2008, 12:37 PM
Ohio State is toast.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3581744

iwannabelikesam
9/11/2008, 12:50 PM
I think there are two scenarios. Because Wells is such a stud, Tressel is trying to mess with USCs gameplan. Either Wells is 100% or near 100%, and they are just faking them out about the injury. The second scenario is tht Wells will not play because he really is hurt pretty bad but they want USC to have to gameplan around Wells maybe playing.

KingBarry
9/11/2008, 12:51 PM
Does this sound like "mind games" against SUC, or are they really so confused?

JLEW1818
9/11/2008, 12:52 PM
Well if your Pete Carrol you plan that Wells is 100%. If he ends up not playing, then bam , they will crush them even more.

85sooners
9/11/2008, 12:52 PM
:pop:

KantoSooner
9/11/2008, 01:00 PM
I think there are two scenarios. Because Wells is such a stud, Tressel is trying to mess with USCs gameplan. Either Wells is 100% or near 100%, and they are just faking them out about the injury. The second scenario is tht Wells will not play because he really is hurt pretty bad but they want USC to have to gameplan around Wells maybe playing.

You assume that Tressel has the necessary cognitive ability to try and mind maze Petey.
He does not. His impending doom has robbed him of anything other than shambling forward like an animal to the abbatoir.

OSU will be slaughtered like dull beasts.

Pieces Hit
9/11/2008, 01:06 PM
Woody Hayes woulda just punched them.

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/wildcoaches.html

Ah - the good ole days.

JLEW1818
9/11/2008, 01:36 PM
So does everybody think that Ohio State is really horrible ?? Or do ya'll just think USC is REALLY good? Seems like everybody is saying its going to be a blowout. If thats so than USC really scares me this year.

sooner59
9/11/2008, 01:45 PM
I think USC is a solid football team deserving of a #1 ranking (at the moment). Plus, they are playing at home and they typically play really well in big games. Ohio State has not been playing particularly well in big games in the last few years. They did own UT in Austin, but they were Vince-less. They did beat Michigan. But other than that, they just beat up on lesser talent. With Wells' injury, I just can't see them getting off to a good start at USC. And USC tends to steamroll when they gain the momentum in big games. I think Ohio State loses this game and at least one more down the road. USC plays all of their tough games at home, so they could go through unscathed. But as we learned last year from Stanford, they can be snuck up on....but Ohio State isn't going to sneak up on anyone, especially USC.

KantoSooner
9/11/2008, 02:03 PM
Frankly, to date this season (and that's not much to go on, but this is a 'bellowing board' - I don't get paid for this ace analysis....) the class in the race are USC and OU. UGA, Fla and OSU are all capable, OSU the least so out of that group. I think either OU or USC take any of the others right now. Between the top two, it is, in my mind, an 'on any Saturday' kind of deal.

The Maestro
9/11/2008, 02:03 PM
USC beat a really bad Virginia team. It was over in 11 minutes and the Cavs basically laid down. Everyone has a woody about that game. It really proves that Virginia is bad and USC is good. Nothing else. Virginia followed it up with a 16-0 win over Richmond. So does that mean Richmond's D is as good as USC's? Hardly, but no need to get so jazzed about USC...yet.

Ohio State is saving Terrelle Pryor for this game. See Dennis Dixon and Vince Young against USC. I honestly believe that. It will be his coming out party.

Hot Rod
9/11/2008, 02:19 PM
Regardless, it better be a good game. Eh, who cares? OU will be on!

stoops the eternal pimp
9/11/2008, 02:44 PM
:pop:

never a more true word has been spoken-STEP

soonerinabilene
9/11/2008, 04:14 PM
I think TOSU's defense keeps them in it whether Wells plays or not. Its a sore toe. If hes a gamer, he will play.

HopeSpringsEternal
9/11/2008, 04:20 PM
If Pryor is the real deal then it could be a game for a while. If the Emperor has no clothes and Wells is indeed out, they will be crushed. Either way USC wins it going away. The Trojan defense is pretty darn fast this year.

JLEW1818
9/11/2008, 04:21 PM
USC beat a really bad Virginia team. It was over in 11 minutes and the Cavs basically laid down. Everyone has a woody about that game. It really proves that Virginia is bad and USC is good. Nothing else. Virginia followed it up with a 16-0 win over Richmond. So does that mean Richmond's D is as good as USC's? Hardly, but no need to get so jazzed about USC...yet.

Ohio State is saving Terrelle Pryor for this game. See Dennis Dixon and Vince Young against USC. I honestly believe that. It will be his coming out party.

They were also upperclassmen. Pryor is a freshman I don't see him doing anything special.

adoniijahsooner
9/11/2008, 04:39 PM
So does everybody think that Ohio State is really horrible ?? Or do ya'll just think USC is REALLY good? Seems like everybody is saying its going to be a blowout. If thats so than USC really scares me this year.

This game will be much closer than the experts think. Ohio State's veteran linebackers and secondary will not allow usc to just run wild saturday. USC is being overhyped because they beat a broken down Virginia team on the road. I predict a score along the lines of 28-21; but no way does OSU get blown out.

JLEW1818
9/11/2008, 05:49 PM
I think there will be more turnovers in this game than expected.

wishbonesooner
9/11/2008, 06:09 PM
So the Buckeyes had nobody but a freshman that was any good at RB?

Laelaface
9/11/2008, 06:25 PM
Dang I knew I wouldn't be the first with the story
http://www.cleveland.com/sports/index.ssf/2008/09/ohio_state_football_beanie_wel.html
:)
And yeah USC by a LANDSLIDE!!!

birddog
9/11/2008, 06:27 PM
i'm sorry but this game will get ugly fast and everyone will switch to ou. i just don't see how tOSU will move the ball with slow receivers and no running game (3 rb's combined for 112 yards against ohio u).

41-17 usc. it will be eerily similar to the usc-nebraska game in lincoln last year.

JLEW1818
9/11/2008, 06:34 PM
no way, Ohio state will slow the game down.

StoopTroup
9/11/2008, 06:35 PM
I still have it as a tie. :D

the_edge
9/11/2008, 08:06 PM
I think he's going to play.

ousooners182
9/12/2008, 07:15 PM
I think Ohio State will slow the game down like someone said earlier..it will be more of a defensive slugfest then i think ppl know.

but ppl saying SUC is going to score 40-50

no way. nooooooooo way

Fiatil
9/12/2008, 07:43 PM
I feel happy that one of these horrible teams have to lose, but I feel bad about how much more deified USC will become after this game.

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 07:44 PM
I feel happy that one of these horrible teams have to lose, but I feel bad about how much more deified USC will become after this game.

Hopefully Ohio State wins.

ousooners182
9/12/2008, 07:48 PM
agreed

Fiatil
9/12/2008, 08:00 PM
Yeah, that'd be nice. There would be less fawning overall, but still more than I'd like to deal with.

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 08:41 PM
ESPN just reported that he is not suiting up.

StoopTroup
9/12/2008, 08:49 PM
Yep....he's outta there.

Suc will slaughter them unless Well's replacement suddenly gets in the zone and surprises Petey with something crazy.

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 08:51 PM
Yep....he's outta there.

Suc will slaughter them unless Well's replacement suddenly gets in the zone and surprises Petey with something crazy.

Maurice isn't a bad back.

Piware
9/13/2008, 12:07 AM
I fear tOSU and Sweater Boy are gonna be toast. But I thought Baylor would lose tonight and the Marching Manginos would slice up the Bulls like so much roast beef so what do I know?!?

Coach had the horseradish out and then that pesky field goal. Damn!

JPNSKER
9/13/2008, 12:16 AM
Maurice isn't a bad back.

Yep

osu with "beenie" = two TD loss

osu w/out "beenie" = 3-4 TD loss

I'm sorry, but osu has been riding the "we're world beaters" bandwagon for way too long. They play in a weak conference. I wouldn't be surprised if Wisconsin would beat them....

goingoneight
9/13/2008, 12:46 AM
You know what would be funny is if he showed up healthy, put up triple digit yardage and tOSU still got pwn3d.

Having said that, I'd love to see tOSU beat teh SUC.

ousooners182
9/13/2008, 01:10 AM
i want pryor to run for triple digits on them biatches