PDA

View Full Version : Landry Jones cracks me up!

setem
9/11/2008, 12:14 AM
I was leaving Sarkeys and he was behind me as I was heading out of the building. He had one a white hooded zip up sweat shirt with all sorts of neon designs on it. All of a sudden he whips out a Razor Scooter and heads up the stairs to the road. He hops on his ride and off he went smoothly gliding down the wet dreary roads of Norman, Oklahoma!

I thought it was pretty hilarious!

He did say "thanks bro" for holding the door up for him! Does this mean we are best friends?

Collier11
9/11/2008, 12:21 AM
youve got issues

boomersooner28
9/11/2008, 12:34 AM
oh my

meoveryouxinfinity
9/11/2008, 12:47 AM
no homo

!

:)

BASSooner
9/11/2008, 01:30 AM
I love football players but comon now, they're ppl trying to live their lives too.

I see them everyday by the way.

Leroy Lizard
9/11/2008, 01:43 AM
He had one a white hooded zip up sweat shirt with all sorts of neon designs on it.

Man, that Landry Jones is one crazy cat.

By the way, I often touched greatness by writing "F" on the homework of some of our former players. :)

setem
9/11/2008, 02:29 AM
Haha I was kidding about being best friends. I know they are not celebs or anything but I am student and a fan so it is pretty cool to rub elbows with them now and then.

I just thought it was strange he was riding a Razor Scooter!

BASSooner
9/11/2008, 02:40 AM
I was leaving Sarkeys and he was behind me as I was heading out of the building. He had one a white hooded zip up sweat shirt with all sorts of neon designs on it. All of a sudden he whips out a Razor Scooter and heads up the stairs to the road. He hops on his ride and off he went smoothly gliding down the wet dreary roads of Norman, Oklahoma!

I thought it was pretty hilarious!

He did say "thanks bro" for holding the door up for him! Does this mean we are best friends?

almost all of my classes are in that d*mn building.

I don't mind it being so far away but the fact that you can NEVER find the fricking room your lookin for pisses me off :mad:

Breadburner
9/11/2008, 02:55 AM
Haha I was kidding about being best friends. I know they are not celebs or anything but I am student and a fan so it is pretty cool to rub elbows with them now and then.

I just thought it was strange he was riding a Razor Scooter!

Did you buy a matching hoodie and razor..????

KingBarry
9/11/2008, 03:21 AM

Yes, absolutely. It could mean nothing else.

swardboy
9/11/2008, 04:37 AM
Hey, his dad has deep pockets! And he's ride is a Razor? My respect for this family just shot up (not that it was low beforehand).

Course the Porsche could have been back at the dorm......

LoyalFan
9/11/2008, 05:54 AM
I've never actually shaken hands with Landry but I did exchange farts with Mark Mangino in an elevator once. He won. I held the "Keep Door Open" button down for him as he left.
Really!

LF

BudSooner
9/11/2008, 06:47 AM
I've never actually shaken hands with Landry but I did exchange farts with Mark Mangino in an elevator once. He won. I held the "Keep Door Open" button down for him as he left.
Really!

LF
LMAO, dood..and you are alive to tell the tale??:)

UberSooner
9/11/2008, 08:40 AM
Really!

LF

I wonder how long it takes for his gas to squirm its way through his crowded intestines. I'm bettin what you smelled was the third burrito he had at his
14th birthday party.

Collier11
9/11/2008, 08:42 AM
Really!

LF

GREEN SPEK!

Scotty
9/11/2008, 09:21 AM
almost all of my classes are in that d*mn building.

I don't mind it being so far away but the fact that you can NEVER find the fricking room your lookin for pisses me off :mad:

its easy :rolleyes:

The corridor A runs north south until you get to F and corridor R crosses those before you get to corridor P which is in the center next to the lobby and then after that you run into corridor T all of which are in alphabetical order.

:D

sooner518
9/11/2008, 09:55 AM
maybe he will sit with you at the football games...

sooner94
9/11/2008, 10:01 AM
What the hell is going on with our football program? Holieway used to ride around in a limo, and Landry Jones is riding around on a razor scooter.

WTF?!?!?!;)

SbOrOiNaEnR
9/11/2008, 10:06 AM
Yes, absolutely. It could mean nothing else.

I was actually asked to be the best man in Duke Robinson's wedding after the one time I shared an elevator with him, and I said, "Good luck on Saturday." His response? "Appreciate it."

The Maestro
9/11/2008, 11:02 AM
I'm still trying to figure out what cracked you up.

Sounds more like "school girl giddy" to me.

iwannabelikesam
9/11/2008, 11:19 AM
Really!

LF

Did it go something like this?

DI8kv4pSxa8

setem
9/11/2008, 12:15 PM
Did it go something like this?

DI8kv4pSxa8

Classic!

bringit
9/11/2008, 12:17 PM
yall are practically F buddies now

:P

Fiatil
9/11/2008, 12:51 PM
Man, I feel bad. I haven' seen many football players at all around campus really, I guess that comes with being lazy and having my earliest classes be at 10:30 or 11:30. It wouldn't hurt to take a few more 'football player' classes either I don't think.

TopDawg
9/11/2008, 04:34 PM
It's not official until you two are friends on facebook.

shaun4411
9/11/2008, 04:58 PM
i used to tutor tommie harris in a math class. he was always nice and shook my hand nearly breaking it.

ratedrsuperstar
9/11/2008, 06:31 PM
a Superbowl champion see you in the grocery store and call out your name trying to get your attention instead of the other way around. He was playing with the Redskins at the time and with me being a die-hard Cowboy fan I told him he needed to go to Dallas, he said he wanted no part of playing all the home games on that carpet ! I graduated with him and played 3 years of high School football.

http://www.cogiathletics.com/dcbio.htm

Also had a Heisman trophy winner call me by name on the golf course and ask how my wife was doing, she was a cheerleader when he played. He was our ball-boy when I played.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/college/heisman/news/2000/09/24/charlie_ward/

Haven't seen him in a while because he now lives in Atlanta and I could be wrong, but I'm feel sure this guy would know me from our years of playing HS ball. Last I heard he owned 6 or 7 Burger Kings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myron_Guyton

WIth all the bad people in our world like Mike Vick it makes you feel good about the folks you have crossed paths with, you are running in good circles when this type of guys know you and your family.

illinisooner
9/11/2008, 07:26 PM
They have real classes in Sarkeys...what was he doing there? My favorite story about Sarkeys is when I was stopped by 2 people carrying luggage outside of Sarkeys asking me if it was the Sooner Hotel.

A Sooner in Texas
9/11/2008, 09:14 PM
I can't count the number of times I'd be watching Barry Switzer on TV and he'd look me straight in the eyes.

OKC-SLC
9/11/2008, 09:41 PM
a Superbowl champion see you in the grocery store and call out your name trying to get your attention instead of the other way around. He was playing with the Redskins at the time and with me being a die-hard Cowboy fan I told him he needed to go to Dallas, he said he wanted no part of playing all the home games on that carpet ! I graduated with him and played 3 years of high School football.

http://www.cogiathletics.com/dcbio.htm

Also had a Heisman trophy winner call me by name on the golf course and ask how my wife was doing, she was a cheerleader when he played. He was our ball-boy when I played.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/college/heisman/news/2000/09/24/charlie_ward/

Haven't seen him in a while because he now lives in Atlanta and I could be wrong, but I'm feel sure this guy would know me from our years of playing HS ball. Last I heard he owned 6 or 7 Burger Kings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myron_Guyton

WIth all the bad people in our world like Mike Vick it makes you feel good about the folks you have crossed paths with, you are running in good circles when this type of guys know you and your family.

Unbelievable.

Sooner13
9/11/2008, 11:43 PM
Can we take a vote for gheyest thread of the year?

texas bandman
9/12/2008, 02:27 AM
They have real classes in Sarkeys...what was he doing there? My favorite story about Sarkeys is when I was stopped by 2 people carrying luggage outside of Sarkeys asking me if it was the Sooner Hotel.

Where is Sarkey's?

Excuse my ignorance... I rarely ventured past the North Oval. But during the late 70's that's where music majors spent their lives.

iwannabelikesam
9/12/2008, 09:03 AM
Where is Sarkey's?

Excuse my ignorance... I rarely ventured past the North Oval. But during the late 70's that's where music majors spent their lives.

Far north-east part of campus. I believe it is the tallest building on campus. During my time at OU (graduated a year ago) I always heard rumors the building was going to be condemned because the ground under it had become unstable. :rolleyes: I never believed the rumors, and the building is still in use, so, yeah...:pop:

Jason White's Third Knee
9/12/2008, 09:32 AM
I can't count the number of times I'd be watching Barry Switzer on TV and he'd look me straight in the eyes.

Green spek to you sir! Oh, wait...

snp
9/12/2008, 01:59 PM
Far north-east part of campus. I believe it is the tallest building on campus. During my time at OU (graduated a year ago) I always heard rumors the building was going to be condemned because the ground under it had become unstable. :rolleyes: I never believed the rumors, and the building is still in use, so, yeah...:pop:

Isn't it the tallest building between OKC and Dallas?

SbOrOiNaEnR
9/12/2008, 02:03 PM
Where is Sarkey's?

Sarkeys wasn't built until the mid-80s, so as a late 70s OU student, you're totally forgiven for not knowing where a building that didn't exist yet was.

SbOrOiNaEnR
9/12/2008, 02:05 PM
Isn't it the tallest building between OKC and Dallas?

I think it's actually OKC and Denton...I remember hearing that once, and there are some pretty tall buildings on the TWU/UNT campuses.

hgarmorer
9/12/2008, 05:03 PM
I wonder how long it takes for his gas to squirm its way through his crowded intestines. I'm bettin what you smelled was the third burrito he had at his 14th birthday party.
HAHAHAHA that’s possibly the funniest damn thing I have ever read!!!!
My co-worker looked at me like I was crazy when I laughed my arse off.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/12/2008, 11:01 PM
It's not official until you two are friends on facebook.
Exactly. Mark Clayton and I are tight.

Q borrowed a dictionary from me once when I worked in the writing center. Now he sends me Christmas cards.

ousooners182
9/12/2008, 11:45 PM
Im cool with marcus walker and nic harris..i talk to nic online woot woot..on ou fan day 2 years ago i brought my guitar and had it signed and marcus walker was playing it now we facebook . yes amazing i know..yeah and i played stoops a song and made the paper. siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiir

goingoneight
9/13/2008, 12:57 AM
Adrian Peterson once gave me a kidney.

He said he didn't think he needed it much.

ousooners182
9/13/2008, 01:00 AM
i made love to the whole cheerleading squad..

setem
9/13/2008, 01:03 AM
Adrian Peterson once gave me a kidney.

He said he didn't think he needed it much.

You don't need kidneys when you **** excellence!

ousooners182
9/13/2008, 01:07 AM
agreed

setem
10/8/2011, 04:20 PM
The dude is still the man! We are going strong, I might even be his best man at his wedding!

swardboy
10/8/2011, 04:45 PM
Srsly?