PDA

View Full Version : All lower level seats sold out

BigRedJed
9/10/2008, 10:34 PM
There are a few club level seats available, and a few more bleeders. They should sell out all of the tickets that they are not reserving for group sales, multigame packs and a few they are holding for game-day sales (not sure why they want to do that, but no skin off my back) tomorrow.

Everyone who has an appointment after tomorrow morning or so will be put on the season ticket waiting list. The only other NBA cities that have a waiting list for season tickets are LA, Boston and Phoenix.

Apparently, the size of the house is the only thing that keeps this franchise from being the number one team in attendance in the league this season. As it is, they will be an easy top ten. Obviously, they will need to have an improving product or risk the fans here turning fickle, but they are off to a great start.

Oh, and the average price is near the league average (far more than half of the teams are below thanks to high curve-setters like LA, New York, Miami and Dallas), and will probably put them in the top half of the league. So much for OKC not being able to pay "real" NBA dollars.

John Kochtoston
9/10/2008, 11:30 PM
There are a few club level seats available, and a few more bleeders. They should sell out all of the tickets that they are not reserving for group sales, multigame packs and a few they are holding for game-day sales (not sure why they want to do that, but no skin off my back) tomorrow.

Sacramento, when they were having a good run in the late 90s - early 00s, sold all of their seats via season ticket. Problem was, they couldn't get any one new hooked on the Kings while they were good, because it was the same old fans all the time. Now that they suck, fewer people are renewing. And, since no one else saw the team live when they were good, there's not much demand to fill those slots. The Thunder want to be sure more than 15K people have a chance to be exposed to the live product.

Lott's Bandana
9/10/2008, 11:31 PM
:( Dayum, my appointment is on Monday...

Lott's Bandana
9/10/2008, 11:37 PM
Sacramento, when they were having a good run in the late 90s - early 00s, sold all of their seats via season ticket. Problem was, they couldn't get any one new hooked on the Kings while they were good, because it was the same old fans all the time. Now that they suck, fewer people are renewing. And, since no one else saw the team live when they were good, there's not much demand to fill those slots. The Thunder want to be sure more than 15K people have a chance to be exposed to the live product.

The Kings also play in a very out-of-date arena that is in the middle of a rice-field that the fans get charged $20 to park in for a game. The Maloof Bros. failed to get the citizens to approve a new arena for them and their general suckiness is becoming a fan vacuum. Good model for the Boomers to learn from.

BigRedJed
9/11/2008, 08:49 AM
Yeah, it definitely occurred to me that having game-day available tickets would allow exposure to non-season ticket holders, and it makes sense. It's just a shame that a lot of people who, for instance, supported the Hornets as season ticket holders for two years and made this move possible won't even get a chance to buy season tickets.

Also, I think the fact that so many of the tickets were bought by corporations and sponsors actually bodes well for getting new fans in the arena. Many if not most of those companies will make tickets available to their employees and customers on a rotating basis. I remember when the Blazers first came to town and Blazers games were actually see-and-be-seen events, my company had a block of twelve seats that were made available to employees by request. I put in very often for them, but there was always someone different going.

Either way, makes no difference to me. I got the very same seats I had for the Hornets. Having a Monday appointment eneded up being a huge deal.

Lott's Bandana
9/11/2008, 08:57 AM
So BRJ, how do I get on your waiting list?
:P

BigRedJed
9/11/2008, 09:04 AM
Heh. Dude, I only got two seats this time, and one of them is for my best friend, who I'm splitting them with. I don't know about him, but my goal is to attend every single game. Also, somewhere along the way I'm taking Dean to a game.

Smaller affair than my four seats for the Hornets, which were hard to keep track of among rotating partners (I was the only one who went to every game), hard to find last-minute fill-ins for, and just a general PITA. Plus, a couple of years ago those four seats were less than six grand, this time around they would have been about nine large. :eek:

I'm just a piker. I was standing in line with some folks that were spending $50K+ for six seats, if I remember right.

BigRedJed
9/11/2008, 09:06 AM
And I heard somewhere that the Nicholson seats were $1500-$2000 per seat, per game. AND SOLD OUT.

Lott's Bandana
9/11/2008, 09:11 AM
Heh. Dude, I only got two seats this time, and one of them is for my best friend, who I'm splitting them with. I don't know about him, but my goal is to attend every single game. Also, somewhere along the way I'm taking Dean to a game.

Smaller affair than my four seats for the Hornets, which were hard to keep track of among rotating partners (I was the only one who went to every game), hard to find last-minute fill-ins for, and just a general PITA. Plus, a couple of years ago those four seats were less than six grand, this time around they would have been about nine large. :eek:

I'm just a piker. I was standing in line with some folks that were spending $50K+ for six seats, if I remember right.

Yeah, it is my understanding that a 5-year committment is required for each $10K seat....wuh.

BigRedJed
9/11/2008, 09:24 AM
Crazy, isn't it? It still remains to be seen if support will remain for the team long-term, especially if they stay in the cellar forever, but the people who said OKC can't afford NBA prices were apparently talking out of their asses.

soonervegas
9/11/2008, 12:11 PM
I have my apppointment for FRiday morning and I feel I am going to get tickets. I wanted to start out with bleeders anyway....

starrca23
9/11/2008, 01:41 PM
I'm out. I don't want drive from T-town on a regular basis for bleeders. Hopefully I can pick up some decent seats throughout the season...

bri
9/11/2008, 04:21 PM

And me, right? I get to go to one, right? I bought the t-shirt and everything! :D

BigRedJed
9/11/2008, 04:25 PM
Heh. Sure. You have to wear something with the new logo that night though.

bri
9/11/2008, 05:02 PM
Dude, that's cruel. Just because you guys have to make yourselves like the logo doesn't mean I do. ;)

John Kochtoston
9/11/2008, 10:44 PM
I have my apppointment for FRiday morning and I feel I am going to get tickets. I wanted to start out with bleeders anyway....

If you're happy with upper level, there's still about 1,500 left. Corners and ends, mostly, with odd blocks of better seats (singles and three togethers). If you have a morning appointment, you'll be fine.

soonervegas
9/12/2008, 11:51 AM
Mission accomplished. I was able to get some $20 seats the farthest seats in before it turns to the $30 seats. I am high up though. It's a start....

Big Red Ron
9/12/2008, 05:21 PM
The lottery really screwed some people. Luckily, I got to chose on the first day. I have friends that had appointments today. I can't even imagine how bummed they must have been when they saw what was left.