PDA

View Full Version : Captain America Movie Rumor

reevie
9/10/2008, 07:26 PM
So the buzz out there is that Will Smith has been offered the the opportunity to be Cap America in the upcoming movie.

Is this a good choice or not?

Frozen Sooner
9/10/2008, 07:29 PM
Bad choice.

Though there has been a black Cap in the past, it's way too much of a reinvention of the character as normally perceived.

Aaron Eckhardt (sp?) or Matt Damon would both be great for the role, though you'd probably have to give Damon elevator shoes or something.

Conveniently enough, Eckhardt doesn't have a recurring character in any DC property. :D

Getem
9/10/2008, 07:42 PM
I'd rather have a female for Capn America than a Will Smith

KC//CRIMSON
9/10/2008, 07:45 PM
Captain America Movie Rumor

Well, that certainly trumps the hell out of this:

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2008/09/guess_what_theres_this_now_gre.php

KC//CRIMSON
9/10/2008, 07:46 PM
and this: http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2008/09/harold_ramis_gives_ghostbuster.php

reevie
9/10/2008, 07:54 PM
yeah, i'm a little scared about a Ghostbusters 3 with the original cast. The plot may be about them running around their nursing home zapping little old ladies they think are ghosts.

pergdaddy
9/16/2008, 10:01 AM
No, Will Smith should not be Cap. He's a good actor, but I don't want a reinvention. I want an actor capable of being Cap. Conveniently, Eckhart wouldn't be a bad choice, but he'd have to beef up.

Ryan Reynolds has the Cap mold, but he's currently Deadpool and I"m not sure he's a serious enough actor for the role.

Oldnslo
9/16/2008, 11:23 AM
I'll put my money on Will Smith. Sure, Captain America. I'll bet he'd be great in the role.

frankensooner
9/16/2008, 12:01 PM
Only if he does it drunk, like in Hancock.

Widescreen
9/16/2008, 12:24 PM
Only if he does it drunk, like in Hancock.

Howzit is skeered of your avatar.

The Maestro
9/16/2008, 12:38 PM
Let me know when they run out of superheroes for movies.

Is creativity and originality dead?

dolemitesooner
9/16/2008, 12:43 PM
Bad choice.

Though there has been a black Cap in the past, it's way too much of a reinvention of the character as normally perceived.

Aaron Eckhardt (sp?) or Matt Damon would both be great for the role, though you'd probably have to give Damon elevator shoes or something.

Conveniently enough, Eckhardt doesn't have a recurring character in any DC property. :D

gOT SOMETHING AGAINST BALCK PEOPLE?

Hot Rod
9/16/2008, 12:43 PM
Let me know when they run out of superheroes for movies.

Is creativity and originality dead?

They gotsta to get the hype up to market their action figures, coloring books, halloween costumes, etc, etc, etc.

pergdaddy
9/16/2008, 01:38 PM
Superhero and Toyline movies = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

and at least it's better than Hollywood's idea of originality = remakes.

pergdaddy
9/16/2008, 01:39 PM
And yes, I'm a 31 year old child.

So I love these movies, plus my sons love them.

LosAngelesSooner
9/16/2008, 02:41 PM
Bad choice.

Conveniently enough, Eckhardt doesn't have a recurring character in any DC property. :DDamon is 5'11". Aaron Eckhart is 6' tall.

Damon would be a GREAT choice since he'd be believable both as the All American field general and as the skinny nerd on the beach who gets sand kicked in his face.