PDA

View Full Version : UW without two starters this weekend

Collier11
9/10/2008, 05:54 PM
A walk on playing safety, wow! This better be a 4 td victory, they are horrible with these players

http://www.kndo.com/Global/story.asp?S=8980302&nav=menu484_5_1

CK Sooner
9/10/2008, 05:56 PM
Sammy B better tear them up.

Was Polk the starting tailback?

StormySooner-IN
9/10/2008, 06:15 PM
We could barely do anything last year on the road.

Let's hope this changes Saturday night! :)

Collier11
9/10/2008, 06:22 PM
Sammy B better tear them up.

Was Polk the starting tailback?

yes

CK Sooner
9/10/2008, 06:29 PM
yes

Ok.

califsooner
9/10/2008, 06:38 PM
Well, what was looking like a pretty tough game before the year started, even though WE are playing on the road......is starting to look pretty ugly. As much as we'd like an exciting game (victory) and especially being in attendance, I guess I better not complain even if it's over by half. I'm out here on the west coast and happen to know the Pac-10 a little bit, and this game has all the makings of a route. I also know this year's OU squad may of handled them pretty easily regardless, and for someone who doesn't get to too many OU games......I still would like some game excitement past the half. If not, I still hope to see some faithful at some sort of establishment afterward!!!!

Collier11
9/10/2008, 06:44 PM
Ill be in town all weekend and will be out at all hours of the night ;)

califsooner
9/10/2008, 06:52 PM
Uh-oh, nice.....sounds just like my kind of partier too, which could be a dangerous thing!!! Sweet Especially after a nice victory too. lol

cvsooner
9/10/2008, 07:27 PM
Yeah, West Virginia was supposed to be a piece of cake, too.

This game has all the classic signs of a trap. On paper, we should cream them.

I hope the renewed emphasis on excellence in all venues is taken to heart.

I want it over by halftime. No late finishes, no mercy, no letup. Take Stoops' philosophy and put it into practice: "I want to score as early and as often as I can."

Boomer!

califsooner
9/10/2008, 07:37 PM
Deep down that's all I want too.......prob just being overconfident, and better watch what I ask for as well!!! But, we should all know that WVU was no way a gimme, only their coaching situation got people all excited......can't forget they were a win away from the title game. Anyway, no more talk of that mess.......no mercy this week and I see half a hundred no problem guys!!!!! Call off the dogs and maybe 54-13.

S O O N E R!!!

goingoneight
9/10/2008, 07:57 PM
I absolutely loved the point that Sittler made in the Tulsa Rag this morning. This is the perfect storm for another one of those embarassments ala WVU, BSU, OSU 2001... I sure as hell hope the staff and players haven't already bought into this false hype. If we made ISU look good, we can certainly make Jake Locker look All-Pro. Pat White actually completed passes against us for crying out loud.

illinisooner
9/10/2008, 08:41 PM
If we come out strong and roll the Huskies by 30 points or so... I'll get my national title hopes up. But until we can play well on the road, I'm still skeptical. There was an article in the Daily today saying not to worry about the game, and went on to mention "if the Sooners don't drop passes, play sloppy defense, etc (basically everything we did wrong in our road games last year) that we will win easily." Well, until we prove those things won't happen on the road, let's reserve judgement on this team and hold off on those hotel reservations for Miami. FWIW, I think it's gonna be alot like the OSU-UW game last year: They stick around for a while, Locker creates some upset hope, but talent wins out in the end and the score will be like 35-13.

JLEW1818
9/10/2008, 08:45 PM
Gotta take what we can. I had a dream the other night the score was 28-3 OU. I'm not sure what part of the game we were in

huskylawyer
9/10/2008, 10:37 PM
Polk was a 4 star freshman RB, however, he hasn't looked very good this year. Frankly, Freeman has looked better (and our other freshman RB), so from a production standpoint, I'd say we are stronger with freeman based on how the RBs have looked to date...

Gonna be a tough game for my Dawgs regardless...

OU_Sooners75
9/10/2008, 10:51 PM
Polk was a 4 star freshman RB, however, he hasn't looked very good this year. Frankly, Freeman has looked better (and our other freshman RB), so from a production standpoint, I'd say we are stronger with freeman based on how the RBs have looked to date...

Gonna be a tough game for my Dawgs regardless...

Before the start of the season, you did not think it was going to be easy, did you?

BoulderSooner79
9/10/2008, 10:54 PM
Yeah, West Virginia was supposed to be a piece of cake, too...

Wrong. I don't think many people thought WVU would be easy. Now if you had said CU, that was a classic trap game and we got snared.

JLEW1818
9/10/2008, 11:02 PM
lol lets not even bring that one up.!

ouwasp
9/10/2008, 11:17 PM
with all due consideration to our california friend, I DO hope this game is a blowout by half. Let a dog hang around, especially on the road and with an "us-against-the world" attitude, then you have something like Iowa St last year. That's not fun...

Also, you 40+ type folks remember the '78 OB...missing starters indeed. Those fill-ins turned out to be better....

Collier11
9/10/2008, 11:47 PM
If we win by a legit 21 or more I will be happy, anything that looks like 38-17 or better will be good in my book. I want to see us shut down a mobile qb and see how our secondary looks, they werent bad at all last week especially after the 1st half.

I think if our secondary solidifies we will dominate all the way thru uterus but if they dont we will struggle with ut and kstate

KingBarry
9/11/2008, 03:52 AM
Also, you 40+ type folks remember the '78 OB...missing starters indeed. Those fill-ins turned out to be better....

Yes, I am 40 plus, and why would you bring that Orange Bowl game up on a family board?

swardboy
9/11/2008, 04:30 AM
Hang a hundred!