PDA

View Full Version : McCain backtracking on smear tactics

Sooner02
9/10/2008, 03:16 PM
This guy's a real winner.:rolleyes:

McCain Ad Featuring Katie Couric Removed From YouTube

A new ad from Sen. John McCain relates to Sen. Barack Obama's recent "lipstick on a pig," comment. The video also features a comment from CBS' Katie Couric (see below for that backstory). The official McCain video on YouTube can no longer be accessed, as the message reads, "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by CBS Interactive Inc." We hear CBS is pursuing the issue. But like most things on YouTube there are duplicates:

The clip is from one of Couric's Reporter's Notebooks back in June when she criticized the media for some of the coverage of Sen. Hillary Clinton's campaign. The McCain ad, which was hastily produced for the Web, implies Couric is being critical of the Obama campaign. A more complete quote from Couric's June Notebook:

"Like her or not, one of the great lessons of that campaign is the
continued and accepted role of sexism in American life, particularly in the
media."

> Update: A CBS News spokesperson tells TVNewser: "CBS News does not endorse any candidate in the presidential race. Any use of CBS personnel in political advertising that suggests the contrary is misleading."

The Maestro
9/10/2008, 03:23 PM
Yes, I am sure John McCain himself masterminded this plot.

Back to the grassy knoll...

olevetonahill
9/10/2008, 03:27 PM
This guy's a real winner.:rolleyes:

You are a Moran.:rolleyes:

NormanPride
9/10/2008, 03:33 PM
Meh.

SoonerStormchaser
9/10/2008, 03:47 PM
I swear this guy is 20xx's gay twin...

Sooner02
9/10/2008, 04:02 PM
I swear this guy is 20xx's gay twin...
Oh, that's creative.

olevetonahill
9/10/2008, 04:09 PM
Oh, that's creative.

More Creative than your Spin on the Article , Moran.:rolleyes:

Jerk
9/10/2008, 04:12 PM
The crowed chanted 'no more pit bulls' after Obama's joke. Barry could have explained what he really meant to the crowd, but did not. He only tried to state that the joke wasn't about Palin after the McCain commercial made it an issue. Here it is from your own rag:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/09/09/ohio_crowd_says_no_pit_bull.html

Curly Bill
9/10/2008, 06:26 PM
Oh, that's creative.

...but even better, is that it's true.

Frozen Sooner
9/10/2008, 07:28 PM
Knock it off with the personal attacks.

Sooner02
9/11/2008, 12:50 AM
Ah come on, that's all he's got. You don't think anything substantive would actually come from him do you? Besides, no personal attacks would reduce his post count, and we sure don't want that do we?

Blue
9/11/2008, 12:52 AM

One thing I suspect will become more common without the **** you feature er...I mean spek feature.:D

olevetonahill
9/11/2008, 01:13 AM
Ah come on, that's all he's got. You don't think anything substantive would actually come from him do you? Besides, no personal attacks would reduce his post count, and we sure don't want that do we?

Come on Bait me Master !:D

olevetonahill
9/11/2008, 01:14 AM

Cry like a baby again to some one
Ho
;)

Harry Beanbag
9/11/2008, 07:58 AM
One thing I suspect will become more common without the **** you feature er...I mean spek feature.:D

Yep. Especially since we seem to revel in allowing troublemakers to come back again and again and again with different handles.

OklahomaTuba
9/11/2008, 09:02 AM
This has to be a joke.

After everything the donks have tried to do to Sarah Palin the last two weeks, no one can seriously be stupid enough to get upset at McCain trying to smear Obama over a political ad.

Its like Obama is the Vince Young/Crissy Sims of politics now.

Mandibleclaw
9/11/2008, 09:15 AM
There has been phony outrage on both sides, the republicans are better at fear and smear. It was stupid of John McCain to ever suggest he was going to run a honorable campaign, he saw he was gonna lose this election and handed the job to Steve Schmidt(Karl Rove's love child). It's unfortunate that republicans don't run government as well as they campaign, then I would vote for them.

OklahomaTuba
9/11/2008, 09:59 AM
I do have to say, Obama's implosion has been entertaining to watch.

But considering the childish & immature insults the donks seem to be fond of during the great one's implosion, calling McCain's honor into question is laughable at best.

Scott D
9/11/2008, 10:05 AM

they were pretty common with it, the only difference now is they'll be out in the open.