PDA

View Full Version : Who the H*** is Lisa Horne?

achiro
9/10/2008, 02:07 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/pgStory?contentId=8541436&MSNHPHMA#sport=COLLEGE%20FOOTBALL&photo=8541106
:rolleyes:

CK Sooner
9/10/2008, 02:08 PM
A ****

SoonerStormchaser
9/10/2008, 02:12 PM
What a crock of bull****!

olevetonahill
9/10/2008, 02:15 PM
Shes pulling **** outta her ***.
That yainch aint Been to any games has she :mad:

cheezyq
9/10/2008, 02:24 PM
So, her reasoning is that because we ARE in the top 10 every year and it has become part of our annual expectations, we are as a result a bunch of annoying fans? As Dr. Evil so succinctly put it....

Riiiiiight.

snp
9/10/2008, 02:25 PM
She lists some of the biggest fanbases to entice people to go and post this around the message boards. Posters click the link, thinking there might be something substantive behind it, and are fooled when this POS is present.

But we still give her a bunch of hits and the image that people care what she writes. If you wish someone to fail, don't spread their link around.

r5TPsooner
9/10/2008, 02:27 PM
Personally, I see it as a badge of honor.

CK Sooner
9/10/2008, 02:28 PM
She lists some of the biggest fanbases to entice people to go and post this around the message boards. Posters click the link, thinking there might be something substantive behind it, and are fooled when this POS is present.

But we still give her a bunch of hits and the image that people care what she writes. If you wish someone to fail, don't spread their link around.

What he said.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/10/2008, 02:29 PM
I missed the OSU section bitching about how they don't get any local media love...I think that counts for a lot.

SoonerTroll
9/10/2008, 02:38 PM
wow, she just wants every fan base to feel angry, what a beach

Lott's Bandana
9/10/2008, 02:40 PM
Lisa Horne is a football addict who actually understands the nuances of the x's and o's of football. She is currently going into her second year as a contracted college football sportswriter for FOXSports.com.

She has been published and quoted on many websites, including MSN.com, SI.com, SeattleTimes.com, BCSfootball.com, TrojanWire.com, ESPN.com, and Steroid Nation. She has done live college football commentary for FOXSports.com and also has a blog, "Straight Talk From the Left Coast."

Lisa was just ten years old when she told her daddy that she would be the first woman to cover the Super Bowl, and she ended up fulfilling her ultimate wish by doing live commentary of Super Bowl XLII on February 3rd, 2008 for MSN.com and FOXSports.com.

By the way, it's true. Chicks dig the long ball.

http://bleacherreport.com/users/19606-Lisa-Horne

She claims to be "from the Left Coast". Must be a Cal fan since suc and Stanford(?!!) is on the list, along with the obvious national powers.

CK Sooner
9/10/2008, 02:40 PM
wow, she just wants every fan base to feel angry, what a beach

:D

KingBarry
9/10/2008, 03:32 PM
Come on guys, cut her some slack.

"Their fans demand the Sooners be ranked in the top 10 on reputation alone, and think beating North Texas 79-10 is impressive but losing to Colorado is a fluke."

Look inside yourselves. That's as close to on the mark as any statement I've ever read about Sooner fans. That's just the way we are. At least me, and all my friends. And most of the people on this board.

And furthermore, that was really just a top 10 list of the past 15 years or so, I don't think she did any research. She was just looking for an angle.

Breadburner
9/10/2008, 03:42 PM
Wut a cank....!!!!

CK Sooner
9/10/2008, 03:42 PM
Wut a cank....!!!!

:confused:

cheezyq
9/10/2008, 04:06 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/users/19606-Lisa-Horne

She claims to be "from the Left Coast". Must be a Cal fan since suc and Stanford(?!!) is on the list, along with the obvious national powers.

Yikes. Choose a better pic if your gonna represent, geez.

CK Sooner
9/10/2008, 04:08 PM

Wow, I just noticed that.

Disgusting.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/10/2008, 04:17 PM
Dood, bitch got tore up by the ugly stick!

CK Sooner
9/10/2008, 04:18 PM

bri
9/10/2008, 04:28 PM
Reading this thread (not to mention this forum), I have no idea how we ended up on that list. :D

NormanPride
9/10/2008, 04:39 PM
And why the hell aren't we #1? We're way more obnoxious than those other *******s!

StoopTroup
9/10/2008, 04:51 PM
This was look on a good day with lots of filters and soft lighting. :D

http://img.fannation.com/upload/user_profile/image/401/006/full/Lisa_Avatar_Hawaii.jpg

Bourbon St Sooner
9/10/2008, 05:02 PM
You mean beating N Texas 79-10 is not impressive?!! I'll be sure to save that for LoSUr fans this weekend.

btw, she was spot on about all the other fan bases of course.

SbOrOiNaEnR
9/10/2008, 05:15 PM

What is that, a Party Pic from 1986? She makes Jenni Carlson look like Megan Fox.

CK Sooner
9/10/2008, 05:19 PM
What is that, a Party Pic from 1986? She makes Jenni Carlson look like Megan Fox.

Megan is a god.

KC//CRIMSON
9/10/2008, 05:19 PM
Reading this thread (not to mention this forum), I have no idea how we ended up on that list. :D

No shizt. I bet she's been lurking on here for years.

soonerpike697
9/10/2008, 05:33 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/pgStory?contentId=8541436&MSNHPHMA#sport=COLLEGE%20FOOTBALL&photo=8541106
:rolleyes:

While I do believe we deserve to be top 10 this season, she raises a good point. Do something meaninful in a BCS game, I'm tired of looking at that Rose Bowl Trophy I want some new swag...

snp
9/10/2008, 05:57 PM
While I do believe we deserve to be top 10 this season, she raises a good point. Do something meaninful in a BCS game, I'm tired of looking at that Rose Bowl Trophy I want some new swag...

How is that a good point? Even my friends who don't follow college football can point that out. It's regurgitating the same crap that's been said by many others.

47straight
9/10/2008, 05:59 PM
The only real problem with the list is that the whorns aren't on there.

Animal Mother
9/10/2008, 06:19 PM
[quote=CK Sooner;2395053]Megan is a god.

schwing !!!!!

Remembering Tom Stidham
9/10/2008, 06:39 PM
Her name is actually Lena Horne.

CK Sooner
9/10/2008, 06:44 PM
schwing !!!!!

Your welcome :D

SteelClip49
9/10/2008, 06:58 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/writer/Lisa-Horne-FOXSports.com-College-Football-Contributor?authorId=321

Southern Cal grad....and her golden retriever must be smarter than her.

I also submitted a response so we can have an "intelligent" debate when it comes to arrogance. Here is what I posted and I know it's not the best but perhaps something that will make her want a piece of me.

"Arrogance is ever so present at USC....where fans came out of nowhere in 2002 and acted like USC has always been on top. Be careful because very soon....USC will just have to forfeit some national titles.

Perhaps you should do a Top 10 Ugliest Females In The Sports Broadcasting/Internet Industry....and you would surely be #1,

If you don't respond to this then it shows you can't debate with me. Instead of hiding and making BS accusations about Oklahoma, why don't we have an intelligent debate and I will surely own you."

DrZaius
9/10/2008, 08:04 PM
You guys are crazy...She is the best, finally someone to point out the bull**** for everyone else to read. She spews hate and contempt for everyone on the list. That is kinda hot. To those who got their feelings hurt because she mentions our beloved OU I have something for you..... KISS IT jackass. I am unbelievably pissed about our last several bowl games and you should be to.

cheezyq
9/10/2008, 08:10 PM
You guys are crazy...She is the best, finally someone to point out the bull**** for everyone else to read. She spews hate and contempt for everyone on the list. That is kinda hot. To those who got their feelings hurt because she mentions our beloved OU I have something for you..... KISS IT jackass. I am unbelievably pissed about our last several bowl games and you should be to.

Eh, I don't have a problem with us being on the list, but you gotta pick a better reason than "we expect our team to be in the top 10 every year on reputation alone". Based on our reputation for BEING in the top 10 every year, I'd say that's a reasonable expectation from fans.

Weak.

Sauce.

sooner59
9/10/2008, 08:15 PM
All she did is take 9 of the most tradition rich schools (Clemson doesn't count) and stick them in a list. Well of course those schools will have annoying/arrogant fans....not all of the fans, but there are some at all of those schools including ours, its no big deal. These schools (again, not Clemson) have actually done things on the field throughout the years to gain swagger about themselves. Fans have certain expectations and a pride for their team. She says obnoxious...fine, she could easily stop covering sports and get away from it, because it happens in every sport at every level. Why be a reporter if you are just going to whine and put down fan bases? She needs to stick to actual sports coverage and grow up and be a real reporter/analyst. Oh yeah....and she desperately needs a life. Its just a stupid idea for a story. I just read it and said, "Duh." It doesn't upset me at all, in fact in glad we are on it, because I love being arrogant about our team, lol.

DrZaius
9/10/2008, 08:18 PM
clearly she did this to get a response from posters or posers which ever. She is like the bad cop on any sports radio show good cop bad cop duo. They are only there to get callers to call in. She hooked you guys good and is just reeling ya in.

stoopified
9/10/2008, 08:44 PM
Exept for Clemson all the teams she named are heavyweights in CFB history.Coincidence?

bri
9/10/2008, 08:53 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/writer/Lisa-Horne-FOXSports.com-College-Football-Contributor?authorId=321

I also submitted a response so we can have an "intelligent" debate when it comes to arrogance. Here is what I posted and I know it's not the best but perhaps something that will make her want a piece of me.

"Arrogance is ever so present at USC....where fans came out of nowhere in 2002 and acted like USC has always been on top. Be careful because very soon....USC will just have to forfeit some national titles.

Perhaps you should do a Top 10 Ugliest Females In The Sports Broadcasting/Internet Industry....and you would surely be #1,

If you don't respond to this then it shows you can't debate with me. Instead of hiding and making BS accusations about Oklahoma, why don't we have an intelligent debate and I will surely own you."

Wow, you sure showed her. "I'm going to insult you, then say that if you don't respond to me it's because I'm obviously far more smartically superior to you!"

Your internet c*ck is bigger than some chubby chick blogger's. Have a cookie, Sport. You earned it.

KC//CRIMSON
9/10/2008, 09:26 PM

This and losing bowl games is why we made the list.

Scott D
9/10/2008, 10:14 PM
any writer who lists being quoted on blogs and message boards as highlights of their accomplishments aren't worth reading in the first place.

Leroy Lizard
9/11/2008, 01:18 AM
The degree of jerkdom of a fan base is related to two factors:

1. How often your team wins.
2. How often your team's most bitter rival beats the tar out of you.

For the most part, fans are fans everywhere you go. The degree of jerkdom is probably about the same... except in Austin and Southern California.

Leroy Lizard
9/11/2008, 01:21 AM
By the way, you can bet that whichever team Lisa Horne roots for, it is composed of the classiest bunch of fans anyone can desire.

Crucifax Autumn
9/11/2008, 02:01 AM
Stupid twit..and in my world the letter I is pronounced A

Theskipster
9/11/2008, 08:15 AM

So your brilliant plan to prove that Oklahoma fans aren't obnoxious was to be an incredibly obnoxious Oklahoma fan?

Good thinking.

RacerX
9/11/2008, 09:31 AM
Personally, I see it as a badge of honor.

Agreed.

RacerX
9/11/2008, 09:34 AM
Wow, you sure showed her. "I'm going to insult you, then say that if you don't respond to me it's because I'm obviously far more smartically superior to you!"

Your internet c*ck is bigger than some chubby chick blogger's. Have a cookie, Sport. You earned it.

:Dhttp://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

birddog
9/11/2008, 09:35 AM
i think it's lena horn.

Piware
9/11/2008, 09:54 AM
So your brilliant plan to prove that Oklahoma fans aren't obnoxious was to be an incredibly obnoxious Oklahoma fan?

Good thinking.

That will show her, by golly!! :eek:

rainiersooner
9/11/2008, 03:56 PM
Wow - she's got a really fun job! Neato!!!

Beef
9/11/2008, 04:29 PM

BUT SHE'S *** UGLY, GAWDDAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:texan: :texan: :texan:

soonerpike697
9/11/2008, 05:28 PM
How is that a good point? Even my friends who don't follow college football can point that out. It's regurgitating the same crap that's been said by many others.

Regurgitated or not it's unquestionably correct, are you not tired of losing meaningful games???

snp
9/11/2008, 05:44 PM
Regurgitated or not it's unquestionably correct, are you not tired of losing meaningful games???

So? Grass is green but if I were writing an article about landscaping I wouldn't get any credit for writing that. Repeating what has been said 1000 times for some filler in an already terrible article will not get you credit. It's not original or insightful.

Theskipster
9/11/2008, 07:33 PM

I take it you don't find Big 12 Championships or the RRS meaningful.

CK Sooner
9/11/2008, 07:34 PM

BudSooner
9/12/2008, 02:25 PM
Yeah, where the hell is texas and Oregon for that matter?

soonerpike697
9/15/2008, 05:49 PM

Not anymore I want titles sorry I hold my school to higher standards...

boomrsoonr
9/16/2008, 09:09 AM
Lisa is a USC homer. Always has been, always will be. Occasionally, she'll write something that makes her look like she's impartial. But then she turns around and writes something that makes her look like what she is. A Condom poster child.

Oh, and according to her, Bush did absolutely nothing wrong (that can be proven) and for sure, Petey didn't know about it.

CK Sooner
9/16/2008, 09:20 AM
Not anymore I want titles sorry I hold my school to higher standards...

Those are still meaningful though.

soonerpike697
9/16/2008, 11:00 AM
Those are still meaningful though.

They're nice wins but I think the program we have requires victories tied to the Bowl Championship series, I just think Stoops really owes us a quality post season victory. Not trying to ruffle any feathers not trying to put him down he's done a phenomenal job, there's a reason I followed him to Seattle this weekend and will be going to college station in a few weeks and maybe Manhattan Kansas too. You can also count me in for the Big XII and I was at the Fiesta Bowl last year and I'll be at whatever bowl we land in this year and I am already making plans for the trip to Miami. I love my almamater and I just feel like it deserves a post season victory that's not the holiday bowl or whatever it was we took against Oregon, Thoughts???

Jason White's Third Knee
9/16/2008, 12:01 PM

Hey, they cropped out the flannel tank top. What else do you want?

Jason White's Third Knee
9/16/2008, 12:04 PM
I just think Stoops really owes us a quality post season victory.

And he better give it or he ain't my coachy no more.

The Maestro
9/16/2008, 12:44 PM
Lisa Horne may have a point. I just watched The Herd on ESNPU. He was having folks call in and tell them who their coach was and he would decide if they needed to be fired or not based on merits not considered by a fan too close to think logically.

The last caller said he was calling about a coordinator. Brent Venables.

ugh...the guy was such a redneck.

85sooners
9/16/2008, 01:35 PM
:eek:
:eek: