PDA

View Full Version : Chronic bad breath

8timechamps
9/10/2008, 11:51 AM
I drop my kid off at school every morning, and there is another dad that I talk to (usually about sports...what else would two dudes that really don't know each other talk about?).

Nice guy, loves college football, etc. The only thing is, his breath smells like he farted in a jar of sauerkraut, closed the lid, put the jar in the sun for about 5 hours, then ate the entire jar.

I try to talk to him from an angle that keeps me out of the direct path of his facial butthole, but it doesn't matter where I stand, it seeps into "my general area".

I've done the "want some gum" trick (to which he replied, "I don't chew gum because of some dental work.").

At first I thought he just had the worst morning breath I've ever encountered untl I saw him last week picking up our kids. In a shocking turn of events, I found that it was actually worse in the afternoon (think rotten eggs covered in hot garbage), I didn't think that was possible.

I'm to the point now that if I see him when I drop off or pick up my kid, I don't get out of the car.

How is this guy married? More importantly, did he marry someone without th sense of smell?

crawfish
9/10/2008, 11:54 AM
Have you tried mints? Sneaking a shot of binaca in his mouth while he's talking? Gas mask?

8timechamps
9/10/2008, 11:55 AM
Have you tried mints? Sneaking a shot of binaca in his mouth while he's talking? Gas mask?

Binaca? BINACA? The Binaca would probably burst into flames about 2 inches from his mouth.

Maybe a shot of Pine Sol.

Mandibleclaw
9/10/2008, 11:59 AM
I'm sure you are looking for a tactful solution here but even Ann Landers would find this one tough. Since your friendship is just casual it would be hard to say something about it considering the embarrassment it might cause him. But it still leaves you only two choices really, avoid further contact or bring the subject up as gingerly and nicely as you can.

8timechamps
9/10/2008, 12:02 PM
I'm sure you are looking for a tactful solution here but even Ann Landers would find this one tough. Since your friendship is just casual it would be hard to say something about it considering the embarrassment it might cause him. But it still leaves you only two choices really, avoid further contact or bring the subject up as gingerly and nicely as you can.

If it were someone I knew a little better, I'd just tell them that their breath smelled like ***. As you mentioned, I don't know him that well...

Here's how I've envisioned the conversation

Fartmouth: So, how about that crazy call in the Washington/BYU game?

Me: Yeah, that was nuts. Those PAC-10 refs stink.

Fartmouth: That's for sure!

Me: Hey, you know what else stinks?

crawfish
9/10/2008, 12:03 PM
Binaca? BINACA? The Binaca would probably burst into flames about 2 inches from his mouth.

Maybe a shot of Pine Sol.

Flames may not be a bad thing in this case.

frankensooner
9/10/2008, 12:22 PM
I used to sit next to a buddy back in the day in class. I would be like you want some Certs, no really, you WANT some Certs.

picasso
9/10/2008, 12:23 PM
"zactly" breath?

olevetonahill
9/10/2008, 12:26 PM
Ya Bunch of Punannies .
Tell the dude stand 3 or 4 feet away Cause his Pie Hole aint Pie in it , It has **** .
Either way you Win . He stands far enough away (or gets His teeth cleaned or whatever ) Or He wont talk to you again .
WTF have you Lost ?

Mandibleclaw
9/10/2008, 12:33 PM
I used to sit next to a buddy back in the day in class. I would be like you want some Certs, no really, you WANT some Certs.

I think you found your solution, this is a winner.

soonermix
9/10/2008, 01:42 PM
just talke to the dude like normal and next time you get a wiff of the nasty just step back if he says anything say "dude what died in your mouth here have a f-ing mint"

it might embarrass him more knowing somebody (everybody) thinks his breath smells like rotting death and nobody will step up and tell him.

silverwheels
9/10/2008, 01:45 PM
1IECGQV3Wr4

King Crimson
9/10/2008, 02:13 PM
i used to work for an old Italian chef and his breath was awful sometimes. i loved the guy but man he used to blow you away with some noxious smells (combined inevitably with chain smoking Marlboro 100's).

PhilTLL
9/10/2008, 02:18 PM
Have your kid tell his kid.

Lott's Bandana
9/10/2008, 02:32 PM
I disqualify myself from opining, since I just had kimchee for lunch.

:O

olevetonahill
9/10/2008, 02:34 PM
Have your kid tell his kid.

Typical Lib. Hide behind a Kid.
Just Nut the **** up and Tell the dude .:rolleyes:

sooner_born_1960
9/10/2008, 02:34 PM
8X, you started this thread like you didn't know I read this board. I get the message.

8timechamps
9/10/2008, 02:51 PM
Ya Bunch of Punannies .
Tell the dude stand 3 or 4 feet away Cause his Pie Hole aint Pie in it , It has **** .
Either way you Win . He stands far enough away (or gets His teeth cleaned or whatever ) Or He wont talk to you again .
WTF have you Lost ?

Maybe I should just kick him in the *** and tell him to brush his teeth?

Lott's Bandana
9/10/2008, 02:55 PM
8X, you started this thread like you didn't know I read this board. I get the message.

Heh. <covering mouth>

olevetonahill
9/10/2008, 03:32 PM
Maybe I should just kick him in the *** and tell him to brush his teeth?

Something along those Lines .:D

proud gonzo
9/10/2008, 03:47 PM
If it were someone I knew a little better, I'd just tell them that their breath smelled like ***. As you mentioned, I don't know him that well...

Here's how I've envisioned the conversation

Fartmouth: So, how about that crazy call in the Washington/BYU game?

Me: Yeah, that was nuts. Those PAC-10 refs stink.

Fartmouth: That's for sure!

Me: Hey, you know what else stinks?
spek

8timechamps
9/11/2008, 10:30 PM
So I see the guy this evening at a school function. We're hanging out talking about this weekends games, and sure as the sun rises, the devil's *** crawled out of his mouth.

I think of what Olevet says, and I finally just tell the guy "Dude, you're breath is kickin'".

A moment of silence...

Then (No lie), the guys says "I'm really sorry, I have a tumor in my throat, and ever since it developed...I've had really bad breath."

What do you say to something like that?

I replied "That sucks...so, what do you think about USC giving 11 points to the Buckeyes?"

How was I supposed to know?!

proud gonzo
9/11/2008, 10:51 PM
dang

BigRedJed
9/11/2008, 10:54 PM
That's when you say "man, I feel like an ***..........still, how about a mint?"

GottaHavePride
9/11/2008, 11:04 PM
Dang.

Pwned.

Not really, that sucks for the dude. Actually I probably would have asked "so do they treat that like a tumor anywhere else or does it take a different approach?" or something.

olevetonahill
9/11/2008, 11:25 PM
So I see the guy this evening at a school function. We're hanging out talking about this weekends games, and sure as the sun rises, the devil's *** crawled out of his mouth.

I think of what Olevet says, and I finally just tell the guy "Dude, you're breath is kickin'".

A moment of silence...

Then (No lie), the guys says "I'm really sorry, I have a tumor in my throat, and ever since it developed...I've had really bad breath."

What do you say to something like that?

I replied "That sucks...so, what do you think about USC giving 11 points to the Buckeyes?"

How was I supposed to know?!

Well at least you dont think hes been eating **** sammiches with out Mustard
Did you ask him what the hell they doing to cut down the smell ?

tbl
9/11/2008, 11:55 PM
This can't be real.... Are you serious dude? You actually called him out on it and he pulled out the "I've got a tumor" card? This needs to be posted in the "here I shall admit" thread...

BlondeSoonerGirl
9/12/2008, 05:56 AM
'...Oh, wow man. I'm sorry. Is it malignant? Benign? Made out of dookie?...'

Doodoo Toomer is a good band name.

Sooner5030
9/12/2008, 07:20 AM
I disqualify myself from opining, since I just had kimchee for lunch.

I used to like kimchi, after riding the subway here I will never eat that **** again.

OU-HSV
9/12/2008, 07:24 AM
I work with some people that have this problem. I just don't understand how these people can't figure out that they have constant *** breath...if I had that problem I'd be throwing some gum in my mouth throughout the day and brushing my teeth and using mouthwash throughout the day as well. It's very disturbing that people can't tell they have this problem.

Hot Rod
9/12/2008, 07:38 AM
I work with some people that have this problem. I just don't understand how these people can't figure out that they have constant *** breath...if I had that problem I'd be throwing some gum in my mouth throughout the day and brushing my teeth and using mouthwash throughout the day as well. It's very disturbing that people can't tell they have this problem.

I'd have to agree. I wonder if mouthwash would help this gentleman. Glad we found the source though.

boomersooner28
9/12/2008, 08:34 AM
I drop my kid off at school every morning, and there is another dad that I talk to (usually about sports...what else would two dudes that really don't know each other talk about?).

Nice guy, loves college football, etc. The only thing is, his breath smells like he farted in a jar of sauerkraut, closed the lid, put the jar in the sun for about 5 hours, then ate the entire jar.

I try to talk to him from an angle that keeps me out of the direct path of his facial butthole, but it doesn't matter where I stand, it seeps into "my general area".

I've done the "want some gum" trick (to which he replied, "I don't chew gum because of some dental work.").

At first I thought he just had the worst morning breath I've ever encountered untl I saw him last week picking up our kids. In a shocking turn of events, I found that it was actually worse in the afternoon (think rotten eggs covered in hot garbage), I didn't think that was possible.

I'm to the point now that if I see him when I drop off or pick up my kid, I don't get out of the car.

How is this guy married? More importantly, did he marry someone without th sense of smell?

Try giving him colon cleanser. He could have a dirty colon.

:pop:

boomersooner28
9/12/2008, 08:37 AM
OK, just read entire thread and I should sooo not be lmfao, BUT I am LMFAO!

8timechamps
9/12/2008, 09:48 AM
UPDATE:

It's raining here today, and the wimpy school district lets all the kids come inside on mornings that it rains...anyway, I scope out the parking lot, entrance to the school...everywhere...no throat tumor anywhere I can see.

I walk my kid in, and there he is (for the purpose of this thread, and any future discussions)...I shall call him "Russ" (I will call him that, because that's his name).

Russ is talking to another parent, and he hasn't spotted me yet, so I figure I may be able to get by without attracting his attention. But, then I realize something. The dude is a close talker.

I'll admit, I was feeling pretty bad yesterday, however, once I realized that he's a close talker, my thought pattern changed. If YOU KNOW you have bad breath (doo doo tumor or not), WHY would you be a close talker?

I am pretty ignorant when it comes to medical issues that don't involve the spine, but what if Russ is talking to me and a little bit of spit flys from his mouth to mine? First, I can imagine it would feel like when you were little and would put your tounge on one of those 9 volt batteries. But what if I didn't notice it, and I develop a bad breath tumor...

Okieflyer
9/12/2008, 10:47 AM
This very thing happened to me at a football game last night. I had to literally stand up wind. Lucky it was blowing a bit. Now he wasn't a "close talker", but a "loud lot of air talker". Now, because of this thread, at least I could just ask the guy in a concerned tone whether or not he had a **** tumor. He may not know. Thanks for this wonderful thread.

Now for those that are wondering...
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fvSMRKJH80Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fvSMRKJH80Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

olevetonahill
9/12/2008, 07:23 PM
Ok 2 questions
#1 Why do you let ANY Body get that close to you ?
Dude My personal Zone is Like 4 ****ing Feet . Stay the **** back .
#2 Why dontcha Carry some of those little Face and Nose type Masksand some Mentholatim?
When ever **** for breat looks Like hes coming to Talk Just whoop one Out Rub a Little Mentholatim under yer nose and Put yer Mask on .:rolleyes:
Personaly Id just **** breath to Back the **** up . But thats Just
Cause Im a Kinder Gentler Person Now .