PDA

View Full Version : Dear Washington Huskies pity partiers:

The Maestro
9/10/2008, 10:35 AM
There is definitely a lot of national buzz about what happened at the end of your game last week. Some say it sucks and the ref was an idiot. Some say the letter of the law means he had to throw the flag. And some say you still botched it with the blocked extra point. Having said that, I keep hearing a theme and another controversial Pac 10 officiated game from the past. Oklahoma at Oregon. People are comparing the two. So let me just say this to you....

NOT!

EVEN!

CLOSE!

For starters, your season was over before it began. Your mediocrity was a foregone conclusion. Some say our loss kept us out of a shot at the BCS title game.

Secondly, in the OU game, we recovered the kick and the game should have been over. End of story. Had Locker been more Barry Sanders like and handed the ball to the ref, AT BEST, you kick the extra point and the game goes to overtime. Nothing decided.

Bottom line, I don't want to have to relive OU-Oregon everytime there is a bad call in a college football game. Nothing can compare to what we endured and Washington's ending SURE AS HELL doesn't come close.

And if you keep looking in the rearview mirror at last week you are gonna be run over by the Mack truck coming to town this weekend.

califsooner
9/10/2008, 11:15 AM
A M E N..........nothing like the bottom line, low down dirty 'ol truth!!!! And I agree with something else, this weekend will be a Mack Truck hitting Husky stadium.....and so glad I will be there to enjoy.

BornandBred
9/10/2008, 11:28 AM
Bingo. At best this was a poor rule being implemented. We go jobbed. Big difference.

8timechamps
9/10/2008, 11:30 AM
And if you keep looking in the rearview mirror at last week you are gonna be run over by the Mack truck coming to town this weekend.

They could be looking directly through the front window...and it still wouldn't matter...they're gonna get run over.

If I'm a Huskie fan, I'm praying that my team does let this stupid incident go...otherwise, what would be a bad loss could turn into a national embarassment.

OKLA21FAN
9/10/2008, 11:32 AM
:gary:

sooner94
9/10/2008, 11:43 AM
I have to admit I am enjoying a PAC 10 team bitching about a really bad call at the end of a game that cost them a win, or at least a chance to win.

huskylawyer
9/10/2008, 11:48 AM
Honestly, I haven't heard anyone say that what happened to us is on par with what happened to you guys.

Also keep in mind that Oregon is easily the most despised team in the Pac-10 by the other pac-10 schools. It isn't even close. Most pac-10 fans sided with OU during the debacle you went through because nobody likes Oregon, despite conference allegiance.

Have a safe trip to Seattle and we are looking forward to a good (and hopefully competetive) game. Let's hope the horrible pac-10 refs don't screw things up for either team.

TheUnnamedSooner
9/10/2008, 11:51 AM
Did someone say party?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/10/2008, 11:56 AM
Honestly, I haven't heard anyone say that what happened to us is on par with what happened to you guys.

Also keep in mind that Oregon is easily the most despised team in the Pac-10 by the other pac-10 schools. It isn't even close. Most pac-10 fans sided with OU during the debacle you went through because nobody likes Oregon, despite conference allegiance.

Have a safe trip to Seattle and we are looking forward to a good (and hopefully competetive) game. Let's hope the horrible pac-10 refs don't screw things up for either team.Why is oregon u so despised? I would have thought the leader in that dept. would be Usuc, with all their conduct violations that go unpunished, and their stranglehold on recruiting?!?!?

The Maestro
9/10/2008, 12:03 PM
Why is oregon u so despised?

No one likes a highlighter with an attitude...

huskylawyer
9/10/2008, 12:07 PM
Why is oregon u so despised? I would have thought the leader in that dept. would be Usuc, with all their conduct violations that go unpunished, and their stranglehold on recruiting?!?!?

Oregeon is despised for so many reasons:

- those god awful uniforms are an embarassment to the pac-10
- they sucked for 75 years, yet they talk as if they have dominated the pac10 for their entire existence and have some amount of tradition (cross country tradition? Sure. Football tradition? No chance.)
- they don't "act like they've been there" when they have any amount of success
- the worst venue for a visiting pac-10 team period with respect to being hassled. I've traveled everywhere, and Oregon fans are by the worse.
- Belloti is an arrogant @#$@#$
- Phil Knight (head of Nike) is their biggest supporter, even though he didn't even go to Oregon

Again, easily the most despised team in the pac-10.

The Maestro
9/10/2008, 12:10 PM
Heh...cfn.com said Washington needs Gordon Riese in the replay booth to have a shot.

Oh, and apparently through two games Washington's D is ranked 113th.

We better freaking get our act together on the road this year. I am sorta scared just based on last year at Colorado, Iowa State and Texas Tech...oh, and in my backyard in Glendale. This team has something to prove on the road.

BornandBred
9/10/2008, 12:12 PM
I think with more experience, Sammy B and co. will be much better on the road. Youth is a big killer in a hostile environment.

virginiasooner
9/10/2008, 12:26 PM
I have a co-worker who is a fill-in ref for the ACC, and we discussed this the other day. He thought it was wrong that the ref's call took away a chance to tie the game, and thought the penalty should have been assessed at kickoff, but he also says it's the ref's call. He also said that said ref who made said bad call feels about an inch tall right now. But do you honestly foresee ANY OU football team hosting, and then returning, a Pac 10 team for the remainder of our lives? I'm 48, and it ain't happening as long as I live.

OU86
9/10/2008, 12:29 PM
Phil Knight (head of Nike) is their biggest supporter, even though he didn't even go to Oregon

Not that it matters much, but I'm almost positive he ran for one of Bowerman's UO track teams. I agree those all green home unis are an abomination though, but had no idea that UO or Bellotti were so reviled in the west.

FWIW, I've been watching CFB a long time (1st OU game 1970) and TW is a good coach - more successful at Stanford than either Bill Walsh or Dennis Green. But he has had an amazing run of bad luck since his 1st year at ND. Given a chance, I think he'll turn things around. His luck is due to change, and when it does, watch out. I just hope it's not this week.

Everybody wants whoever's team is hot today. The other day I saw a Husky musing on one of their boards whether Pinkel would leave Mizzou for UW. Two years ago a majority of Tiger fans thought Pinkel was an idiot and wanted him gone. If UW fires Ty and hires someone else, that someone may do well next year b/c UW has young talent that will have a year's experience and an easy schedule. That doesn't mean that person will be better for UW in the long run. Just look at Rick N.

shaun4411
9/10/2008, 12:29 PM
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn100/Amstarlite/StewiesSexyParty.gif
Did someone say party?

badger
9/10/2008, 12:47 PM
Not that it matters much, but I'm almost positive he ran for one of Bowerman's UO track teams. I agree those all green home unis are an abomination though, but had no idea that UO or Bellotti were so reviled in the west.

It's true. Never an outstanding runner, but Knight's goal was business-minded not elite runner status-minded. If it matters, he also went to Stanford biz skewl. He's donated substantial amounts to both Oregon and Stanford.

From the outside looking in, it's like Phil Knight is loved by UO alumni and students (a la T. Boner at OSU), but also demands control and a say in how his investment is going.

jwlynn64
9/10/2008, 01:12 PM
Nothing can compare to what we endured and Washington's ending SURE AS HELL doesn't come close.

Why not ask Missouri Fans how they feel about giving CU 5 downs. At least as bad as what we got up in Oregon.

badger
9/10/2008, 01:16 PM
Why not ask Missouri Fans how they feel about giving CU 5 downs. At least as bad as what we got up in Oregon.

Hmmmm...cuz... Chase Daniel eats... ;)

r5TPsooner
9/10/2008, 01:25 PM
Why is oregon u so despised? I would have thought the leader in that dept. would be Usuc, with all their conduct violations that go unpunished, and their stranglehold on recruiting?!?!?

The owner of Nike is teh devil.

The Maestro
9/10/2008, 01:30 PM

Good example, but opposite. That screw job landed CU in the title game and kept Missouri from going, what, 5-6???

Scott D
9/10/2008, 01:46 PM

but does Missouri fan feel worse about 5 downs, or the kick save in the endzone by Nebraska?

OU86
9/10/2008, 01:50 PM
but does Missouri fan feel worse about 5 downs, or the kick save in the endzone by Nebraska?

Or just about being Missouri fans?

Scott D
9/10/2008, 01:56 PM
that sir, should be a given.

JohnnyMack
9/10/2008, 02:52 PM
I had never watched the replay until just a minute ago. It is, without a doubt a penalty. Period. End of discussion. Regardless of the emotion of the situation the onus is on Jake Locker and no one else. He screwed up. I feel a little bad for him, but in the end the refs called it right.

SOONERnTx
9/10/2008, 03:26 PM
Oregeon is despised for so many reasons:

- they sucked for 75 years, yet they talk as if they have dominated the pac10 for their entire existence and have some amount of tradition (cross country tradition? Sure. Football tradition? No chance.)
- the worst venue for a visiting pac-10 team period with respect to being hassled. I've traveled everywhere, and Oregon fans are by the worse.
- Phil Knight (head of Nike) is their biggest supporter, even though he didn't even go to Oregon

So your pretty much saying that Oregon is the Texas A&M of the pac 10

badger
9/10/2008, 03:53 PM
So your pretty much saying that Oregon is the Texas A&M of the pac 10

A&M, eh? Let us compare and contrast, shall we???

Well... A&M's football unis are ok, but the yell leaders decked out in all white while the Corps of Cadets decked out in "play soldier" unis is kind of weird.

A&M loves their tradition... of doggies as high ranking military generals, statues of guys that didn't do shizzle except stand there, and having 12 guys on the field leading to game ending penalties. AAAAAAA! whoop whoop whoop :rolleyes:

There is a spirit that is far worse plaguing Aggie - they THINK they have class, but don't. It's far more annoying, like people call you sluts while they are the biggest closet whores in the world, instead of out-in-the-open sluts acting trashy. Kind of like that :D

They have a new tradition - they yell at everyone, opposing, innocent bystander, etc. to "UNCOVER," at every single cheering moment. I've heard it is awful. For OU fans attending the A&M game this year - SIT IN AN OU FAN SECTION. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SIT ELSEWHERE... unless they continue losing in which case there will be no A&M fans around to bother you :D

Well, that Fran was da debil... but Sherman is fine. He dresses weird, though :D

Didn't he, or is Wikipedia wrong? Meh, A&M has an association of "Former Students," because once an aggie, it sticks to you like a plague for the rest of your life.

I don't think we hate aggie any more than anyone else - although that T. Boone in OSU is starting to get on my windy nerves :mad: