PDA

View Full Version : New Cotton Bowl Pics

GoSoonersGo
9/10/2008, 10:14 AM
http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=stands&Number=5690091&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

badger
9/10/2008, 10:21 AM
Soooo... no more blue seatbacks, eh? Does this mean they will start selling 'em instead? Also, does this mean less butt room per ticket?

If they were REALLY clever, they would have seatbacks in both crimson and orange and allow fans to rent the seatback of their team color (lol if they get the color of orange wrong, angry face times infinity if they get the color of crimson wrong).

Lott's Bandana
9/10/2008, 10:36 AM
Soooo... no more blue seatbacks, eh? Does this mean they will start selling 'em instead? Also, does this mean less butt room per ticket?

If they were REALLY clever, they would have seatbacks in both crimson and orange and allow fans to rent the seatback of their team color (lol if they get the color of orange wrong, angry face times infinity if they get the color of crimson wrong).

Badge, teh seatbacks actually went away last year and make a HUGE difference in the amount of room available. It was significantly more comfortable, roomy and when we stood up on every play, we all stood on teh bench in front of us...not worried about the damm blue cast-iron seatbacks crippling us for life each time we move.

Didn't seem like it would be, but a really major improvement in the overall RRS experience...

fadada1
9/10/2008, 10:45 AM
classy with the non-glare bleacher seats. don't blow your budget on keeping customers comfortable.

OUstud
9/10/2008, 11:04 AM
Bleachers>chairs. Although I will miss the glorious times when there's more light blue than orange on the UT side :D .

badger
9/10/2008, 11:05 AM
Badge, teh seatbacks actually went away last year and make a HUGE difference in the amount of room available. It was significantly more comfortable, roomy and when we stood up on every play, we all stood on teh bench in front of us...not worried about the damm blue cast-iron seatbacks crippling us for life each time we move.

Didn't seem like it would be, but a really major improvement in the overall RRS experience...

Ah, see last year was the first year I didn't attend since 2001 in some form or another. I still remember big blue ugly seatin' (which would slowly appear during the second half as OU pulls away, lol)

sooner518
9/10/2008, 11:24 AM
wow i knew they were renovating but i didnt know they were adding so many seats. 92,000 + thats gonna be crazy

soonerspudman
9/10/2008, 12:31 PM
The place is going to F'n rock this year.

The Maestro
9/10/2008, 01:03 PM
Just think how empty the Texas section will look now in the 4th quarter!

Lott's Bandana
9/10/2008, 01:16 PM
An open post to whomever I discussed this with at the Tailgate:

I didn't realize they were enclosing the endzones, I just thought they were improving the facilities and concourses...

I can't remember who I said this to, but I obviously was misinformed!

*self-negheh*

badger
9/10/2008, 01:26 PM
An open post to whomever I discussed this with at the Tailgate:

I didn't realize they were enclosing the endzones, I just thought they were improving the facilities and concourses...

I can't remember who I said this to, but I obviously was misinformed!

*self-negheh*

It was kind of cute - a couple of years ago they did their own enclosing of the endzones, hehe. Basically, with a hot ticket like OU-Texas, you gotta get as many butts in seats as possible, right? Thus, they just stacked a few extra bleachers around the jumbotron... Sooner Vision South, whatever you wanna call that turn-your-head-around-to-see screen.

As an endzone camper stuck on the ground and unable to see anything for five years until the trip to the box, I definitely LOL'd at that. Whether or not this new stadium...um... enclosing of the endzones is any better, time will tell. I expect full reports from those of you making the trip!

DrZaius
9/10/2008, 01:45 PM
It will do until we move to the new cowboy stadium...that will be the end all.

silverwheels
9/10/2008, 02:06 PM
It will do until we move to the new cowboy stadium...that will be the end all.

I hope that never happens.

KingBarry
9/10/2008, 03:55 PM
I'm pretty much an advocate of JerryWorld, but this might change my mind.

It definitely has an old school charm.

NormanPride
9/10/2008, 04:34 PM
Wow. That place is going to be deafening.

StoopTroup
9/10/2008, 04:55 PM
Just think how empty the Texas section will look now in the 3th quarter!
FIXED :D

YWIA

A Sooner in Texas
9/10/2008, 09:14 PM
It looks great, but you can put lipstick on a pig and it's still.......

never mind.

:D

silverwheels
9/10/2008, 09:46 PM
No, it's not state-of-the-art like JerryWorld, but you only have to be there for 4 hours out of the year. Suck it up and deal with it or wear your skirt to a bar and watch it. Or stay home.

KC//CRIMSON
9/10/2008, 09:47 PM
wow, you really can polish a turd!

jwlynn64
9/10/2008, 11:14 PM
If they are considering a move to the new Cowboy's stadium, they should just change it to a home and home. It would never be the same. JMO

bonkuba
9/11/2008, 12:14 AM
Honestly, it looks like they just wiped the **** off the ****ter.....

I mean the place sucks....and sucks BAD. But I do love going there.....well until I get there and say to myself "Damn this place is a ****hole..........then my Sooners run out and I forget about what I said.....or maybe it was the warm cheap beer.......hmmmmmm;)

poke4christ
9/12/2008, 08:20 AM
I'd really like to hear everyone's opinion of the place after this year's RRR game. Jerry world is great, but I think I might like the idea of the cotton bowl better since you get the state fair with it. (talking about the OSU vs. Tech game).

Disclaimer: before I hear any "copying OU vs. UT" stuff I just want to add that this whole thing started by the state fair/Cotton Bowl Comittee coming to us because they wanted more big games to bring people in for the fair. Then Jerry stepped in to the discussion as well.

Taxman71
9/12/2008, 08:51 AM
I don't understand why people revere Wrigley Park, Fenway Park, old Yankee Stadium, etc. while dissing on the Cotton Bowl. They are all old and only retained because of their unique atmosphere. As stated, who cares how nice the CB is when you only spend 4 hours a year there.

Also, I would rather the game move virtually anywhere within a 4 hour driving distance from Norman than go home and home. That would be a disaster.

Soonermagik
9/12/2008, 10:41 AM
I don't understand why people revere Wrigley Park, Fenway Park, old Yankee Stadium, etc. while dissing on the Cotton Bowl. They are all old and only retained because of their unique atmosphere. As stated, who cares how nice the CB is when you only spend 4 hours a year there.

Also, I would rather the game move virtually anywhere within a 4 hour driving distance from Norman than go home and home. That would be a disaster.

I agree!!! You spend 4 hours of your life once a year in the place, it's not like we play there every week.

I like the tradition, so I say we stay. Plus, the cotton bowl made some improvements!!

josh09
9/12/2008, 03:42 PM
Wow, i thought it was a totally different stadium. Pretty nice repairs.

StoopTroup
9/12/2008, 03:54 PM
Wow, i thought it was a totally different stadium. Pretty nice repairs.

It's just proof that you can paint a turd...

poke4christ
9/12/2008, 05:19 PM
Maybe they should just forget about the cotton bowl and move the state fair over to Jerry World.

Statalyzer
9/12/2008, 05:28 PM
I'm really glad they did this. This game is unique and should NEVER be moved.

Big Red Ron
9/12/2008, 05:30 PM
not worried about the damm blue cast-iron seatbacks crippling us for life each time we move.

word

Charla
9/12/2008, 06:00 PM
It's just proof that you can paint a turd...

Just make sure you pick it up on the good end otherwise you'll get crap on your hands. I hope that we do a little more renovating in Oct. when we paint it RED and turn it Black n Blue.

ousooners182
9/13/2008, 06:06 AM
who knows wat we will do..hopefully we rob boone pickens

Big Red Ron
9/13/2008, 03:59 PM
Maybe they should just forget about the cotton bowl and move the state fair over to Jerry World.
:rolleyes:

StoopTroup
9/13/2008, 04:16 PM
Just make sure you pick it up on the good end otherwise you'll get crap on your hands. I hope that we do a little more renovating in Oct. when we paint it RED and turn it Black n Blue.

I'm pretty sure we usually go down there to win every year.

Moving it out of that ****hole isn't exactly what I want to see happen.

I think they have plenty of money and room to build a decent Stadium.

What were seeing done isn't going to keep the tradition alive IMO.

They are going to lose this game to another venue....it might not happen next year or even in 5 years...but someone will get around to screwing it up because they didn't commit to building a new Stadium.