PDA

View Full Version : Don't Rush the Field at East Carolina!

sooner59
9/9/2008, 10:46 PM
They just showed a clip on ESPN of East Carolina fans rushing the field after the win over WV. It spotlighted a cop/security guard that basically body slammed a student and then PUNCHED him 3 times! And this guy reared back and really laid into this kid 3 times....no love taps. East Carolina already put out an apology and said they recognize that fans were just trying to celebrate the big win with the team and that they do not condone such excessive force and that kind of force will not be tolerated. Not much condolence for the kid that got MMA'd by John Law.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3578424

mojorisen2014
9/9/2008, 10:50 PM
reminds me of when sooner magic returned to norman after the nebraska game in 2000 when the cops got trigger happy with the mace when the fans rushed the field

Harry Beanbag
9/9/2008, 11:13 PM
reminds me of when sooner magic returned to norman after the nebraska game in 2000 when the cops got trigger happy with the mace when the fans rushed the field

Do not compare the football programs of Oklahoma and East Carolina ever again. TIA.

JLEW1818
9/9/2008, 11:19 PM
hahaha!

Pricetag
9/9/2008, 11:22 PM
I saw a bit about this on GMA this morning. There are a couple of parties to blame here.

First, the folks in charge of the whole thing. From what they said this morning, the security officers had orders to "try to keep people off the field." WTF? When you're dealing with that kind of numerical mismatch, and you issue such vague orders, you're just asking for trouble.

Second, the security officers on the field. They should have known that once people started spilling over en masse, and they were hopelessly outnumbered, that they should have started looking around for people in danger rather than trying to subdue whatever one kid they could get their hands on out of the hundreds.

A little forethought would have gone a long way.

KingBarry
9/10/2008, 01:02 AM
Do not compare the football programs of Oklahoma and East Carolina ever again. TIA.

Technically, he was not comparing the two football programs, he was comparing the amateurish lack of training and unprofessionalism of the "law enforcement" that was providing "security" during the game.

And from what I can see, the comparison is pretty apt.

LoyalFan
9/10/2008, 01:05 AM

Yeah, cuz that's like comparing us to Boise State or sumpin'.

LF

SoonerKnight
9/10/2008, 01:43 AM
Being in LE I can tell you that unless the cop was pushed he really should not have beat the kid down. If he was pushed and the kid was drunk and rowdy well games over but the cops gonna think game on!

HopeSpringsEternal
9/10/2008, 04:04 AM
There are rednecks with badges and guns everywhere. Until there are requirements stricter than graduating 8th grade and a pulse for these bozos this kind of thing will happen. That guy should be fired... promptly. It probably won't happen though.

StoopTroup
9/10/2008, 04:46 AM
They just showed a clip on ESPN of East Carolina fans rushing the field after the win over WV. It spotlighted a cop/security guard that basically body slammed a student and then PUNCHED him 3 times! And this guy reared back and really laid into this kid 3 times....no love taps. East Carolina already put out an apology and said they recognize that fans were just trying to celebrate the big win with the team and that they do not condone such excessive force and that kind of force will not be tolerated. Not much condolence for the kid that got MMA'd by John Law.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3578424

Yep. Poor kid got the brunt of a bad decision but when your given direct orders like that Officer did...there is only one thing on his mind.....

rZBA0SKmQy8

Sooner Stew
9/10/2008, 08:14 AM
F*ckin Pigs can eat sh*t

85sooners
9/10/2008, 08:29 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^hahaha

OUMallen
9/10/2008, 08:33 AM
A little forethought would have gone a long way.

Ding!

tfoolry
9/10/2008, 10:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwK4lkl_Ai0&watch_response

bonkuba
9/10/2008, 10:27 AM
F*ckin Pigs can eat sh*t

I am hoping you are joking here....if not you are a fool.

bonkuba
9/10/2008, 10:30 AM
While I don't condone this behavior at all........they do ask that you not go on the field don't they? Again, not that the kid should get beat or anything.....but damn.....just stay off the field and you wont get your *** kicked :D

Boomer.....
9/10/2008, 10:41 AM
Officer Chaney?

mojorisen2014
9/10/2008, 02:22 PM
Technically, he was not comparing the two football programs, he was comparing the amateurish lack of training and unprofessionalism of the "law enforcement" that was providing "security" during the game.

And from what I can see, the comparison is pretty apt.

Thank you

mojorisen2014
9/10/2008, 02:23 PM

In no way shape or form I was comparing the 2 programs. I cant believe that thought even crossed your mind.

BoulderSooner79
9/10/2008, 04:59 PM
Hey, maybe this is the way they should handle excessive celebration from the players. No flags, just have security try to stop them :D

LoyalFan
9/11/2008, 05:50 AM
F*ckin Pigs can eat sh*t

OK. If ever you hear someone breaking into your rented double-wide during the wee hours call someone who thinks like you. After all, you don't want "pigs" in your home, now do you?
Jeebus!

LF
Disgusted in soon-to-be storm-ravaged San Antonio.