PDA

View Full Version : Yo TUSooner (or anyone else familiar with teh fudz in N'awlins)

Viking Kitten
9/9/2008, 06:03 PM
My mom and I are heading that way next weekend, assuming Ike doesn't beat us to the punch. So what are your favorite dining recommendations for visitors? We're looking at a place called GW Fins, the Times-Picayune web site recommends it. Yes? No? I've been to Arnauds and Court of Two Sisters. Both yummy. What about Antoine's? Too touristy?

Any new or off-the-beaten path places you can think of?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/9/2008, 06:08 PM
If the original Chris' Steak House or Ruth's Chris is still there, you ought check it out.

mdklatt
9/9/2008, 06:23 PM
I went to a gumbo place just a block or so away from the cathedral that was pretty good. I think it might have been called the Gumbo Place. :confused:

However, when they tell you that the file gumbo is really spicy, don't listen. They must have to cater to yankee tourists who think a bell pepper is spicy.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/9/2008, 10:24 PM
My favorite Nawlins place is the Acme Oyster House. For beer Crescent City Brewery is tasty. For a chain, Bubba Gump's isn't too bad.

Oh and you have to go to Cafe Du Monde for beignets.

Try to go over to the Musician's Village. Along the way you will see remnants of Katrina, but it is amazing to see what they have done in that area. If you see Harry Connick Jr give him a kiss for me.