PDA

View Full Version : OU Doc & other Doctor types: I have a headache

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/9/2008, 04:50 PM
I've had it for about 2 weeks. Even if I take Aleve, Advil or Tylenol it is still faintly there. One night I took a Lortab and still had it in the morning.

At first I thought it might be sinus headache, but my nose isn't stuffy or anything. It doesn't feel bad enough to be a migraine.

Thoughts?

Hamhock
9/9/2008, 04:52 PM
i'm fairly certian it is a subdural hematoma.

nice knowing you.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/9/2008, 04:53 PM
2 words...oxy contin

Whet
9/9/2008, 04:55 PM
brain cloud!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/9/2008, 04:55 PM
2 words...oxy contin
oxy contin makes me itch. Who am I, Rush?

stoops the eternal pimp
9/9/2008, 04:56 PM
ohh..glad I don't have side effects when I use it....

olevetonahill
9/9/2008, 05:00 PM
I would get it checked out as soon as you can.
My last ex kept having Headaches and after we DEvorced her brain assploded
They cut into her head and Fixed her up But she was Off from then on .
I was talking to her one day after the Surgery and she Got all Bitchy( Kinda why shes an ex)
I told her the Docs shoulda done the world a Favor and snipped that Bitch part out .

crawfish
9/9/2008, 05:31 PM
I think it's a tumor.

CK Sooner
9/9/2008, 05:33 PM
I think it's a tumor.

Don't say something like that unless you know what your talking about.

Mandibleclaw
9/9/2008, 05:35 PM
Do you have a history of blood pressure problems? Can you get it checked?

crawfish
9/9/2008, 06:02 PM
Don't say something like that unless you know what your talking about.

Don't reply unless you understand the setup...

Turd_Ferguson
9/9/2008, 06:09 PM
Do you have a history of blood pressure problems? Can you get it checked?what's bp gotta do with a headache? I'm curious?

StoopTroup
9/9/2008, 06:10 PM
It might be a big booger.

Turd_Ferguson
9/9/2008, 06:17 PM
It might be a big booger.heh. I runned out of bp med's two day's ago and started get'n a headache last night. I thought it might be the Natty.....or a booger, so I was just curious.

StoopTroup
9/9/2008, 06:19 PM
I bet it's spider eggs hatching.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/southyorkshire/content/images/2007/06/06/spiders_paul_muscroft_470x365.jpg

Ardmore_Sooner
9/9/2008, 06:23 PM
It might be a big booger.

Chase Daniel, Ph.D. can fix that right up.

olevetonahill
9/9/2008, 06:26 PM

Ya outa Neg him fer that :rolleyes:

mdklatt
9/9/2008, 06:38 PM
I
At first I thought it might be sinus headache, but my nose isn't stuffy or anything.

I had a similar situation awhile back. I called to make a doctor's appointment, and the triage nurse said to try a decongestant. I told her I had no sinus symptoms. She insisted that I try a decongestant and call again in a couple of days if that didn't work. It did work.

Penguin
9/9/2008, 06:54 PM
Lortab? Good Lord, I wouldn't mess around with that junk.

Penguin + painkillers = waking up 2 weeks later in a drug dealer's hotel room in Tijuana

lexsooner
9/9/2008, 06:54 PM
I've had it for about 2 weeks. Even if I take Aleve, Advil or Tylenol it is still faintly there. One night I took a Lortab and still had it in the morning.

At first I thought it might be sinus headache, but my nose isn't stuffy or anything. It doesn't feel bad enough to be a migraine.

Thoughts?

Need more details. Is the pain located in any particular place in your head? Does it throb, or is it more constant? Any balance or vision problems? Nausea? Any other associated symptoms? Any blood pressure problems?

Mandibleclaw
9/9/2008, 07:12 PM
what's bp gotta do with a headache? I'm curious?

Sometimes people with high blood pressure have the following symptoms:

Headache

Dizziness

Blurred vision

Nausea

CK Sooner
9/9/2008, 07:14 PM

Don't give people medical advice when your a..

You feel in the blank.

CK Sooner
9/9/2008, 07:16 PM
Ya outa Neg him fer that :rolleyes:

I would :D

He said "OU Doc, or other Doctor types.

That guy is neither. :texan:

Penguin
9/9/2008, 07:19 PM
Crawfish gave me a kidney once. Damn thing didn't work.

CK Sooner
9/9/2008, 07:19 PM
Crawfish gave me a kidney once. Damn thing didn't work.

I'm not surprised :D

Turd_Ferguson
9/9/2008, 07:52 PM
My head aches on my left side....and it throb's...a little.:confused:

soonerbrat
9/9/2008, 08:14 PM
Don't give people medical advice when your a..

You feel in the blank.

i don't want to feel anyone's blank

CK Sooner
9/9/2008, 08:17 PM
My head aches on my left side....and it throb's...a little.:confused:

Mine does to, I guess we all have tumors.

This sucks. :(

RacerX
9/9/2008, 09:34 PM
It's not a tumor! It's not a tumor at all!

Geez.

Soonrboy
9/9/2008, 09:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BANkMaLJaY4

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/9/2008, 09:55 PM
Ok it doesn't throb. it is dull sometime over my right eye, sometimes in the middle of my forehead. Sometimes, as M will attest, after I drink a margarita or sangria, it feels like a bug crawling on my face.

Right now it doesn't hurt and ironically I had some adult beverages earlier. It usually hurts at night and in the morning,

The contant headache began at the outset of the RNC. ;)

proud gonzo
9/9/2008, 10:13 PM
F2wH8iNMeW4

Penguin
9/9/2008, 10:16 PM
Ok it doesn't throb. it is dull sometime over my right eye, sometimes in the middle of my forehead. Sometimes, as M will attest, after I drink a margarita or sangria, it feels like a bug crawling on my face.

Right now it doesn't hurt and ironically I had some adult beverages earlier. It usually hurts at night and in the morning,

Sounds like you need a brain transplant. Fast.

OKC-SLC
9/9/2008, 11:30 PM
SBSB, it's hard to tell what this might be. There are certain types of headaches (cluster headaches) that can occur near or behind the eye that can be worsened by alcohol, but these are typically more severe than this sounds and often happen in the middle of the night. Tension headaches are probably the most common (and most likely in your case) but these are usually in the back of the head. They can be worse in the pm and am. You're right--it doesn't sound much like migraine. In my experience I've found headaches to be among the most frustrating things to workup because rarely is a diagnosis clear.

If you've had any medication changes recently, think about them. But I'd probably see your doc to review those types of things as well as other things that may be related to headaches. At some point it might be reasonable to do a CT of the head to look at the brain and look at vascular structures. Also to make sure that your brain isn't enlarging with all the knowledge imparted upon you during the RNC. ;)

soonerboomer93
9/10/2008, 06:43 AM
it's your third eye, trying to break free

Boomer.....
9/10/2008, 07:24 AM
My wife had something similar a while back. It was a headache that lasted weeks or a month or two. It was stronger at times, but was almost always there. We tried every type of pain killer but nothing worked. It just magically went away one day.

soonerbrat
9/10/2008, 07:29 AM
I think she needs to get her eyes checked, sounds like an eye strain headache

proud gonzo
9/10/2008, 09:08 AM
could be. I used to get those before i got glasses. And I can always tell when it's time to get new lenses because my head starts hurting again.

SoonerInKCMO
9/10/2008, 09:19 AM
I think she needs to get her eyes checked, sounds like an eye strain headache

could be. I used to get those before i got glasses. And I can always tell when it's time to get new lenses because my head starts hurting again.

Yep, that's what I thought as soon as she mentioned it's behind one of her eyes. I get them a lot from staring at this stupid computer all day.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/10/2008, 12:07 PM
It's not eye strain. I went to the eye doctor earlier this year because this happened before. My eyes are 20/20 after my LASIK. I just wear glasses that are +1.00 sometimes to sharpen things.

Today it doesn't hurt anymore so maybe it is getting better.

batonrougesooner
9/10/2008, 03:31 PM
The +1.00 needed to sharpen things may be an indication it could be your eyes. Not distance but near. That is where you can get your eye strain headaches as well.

Just go in and get it checked out. Go see your primary doc or possibly the ED. The ED may or may not be able to fully answer your questions. But some of the bigger things will be considered and/or investigated.

Trying to figure this thing out on the internet is useless.

soonerbrat
9/10/2008, 03:39 PM
The +1.00 needed to sharpen things may be an indication it could be your eyes. Not distance but near. That is where you can get your eye strain headaches as well.

Just go in and get it checked out. Go see your primary doc or possibly the ED. The ED may or may not be able to fully answer your questions. But some of the bigger things will be considered and/or investigated.

Trying to figure this thing out on the internet is useless.

figuring things out on a message board on the innerwebs is useless?

great. i've been doing it all wrong.

batonrougesooner
9/10/2008, 03:40 PM
figuring things out on a message board on the innerwebs is useless?

great. i've been doing it all wrong.

For things like this it is. Just sayin.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/10/2008, 04:26 PM
Who's the ED? The glasses are needed because of my astigmatism.

mdklatt
9/10/2008, 04:36 PM
Who's the ED?

Certainly not me. :texan:

stoops the eternal pimp
9/10/2008, 04:38 PM
I know nothing about ED

NormanPride
9/10/2008, 04:46 PM
Calling Howzit!

proud gonzo
9/10/2008, 05:30 PM
heh

lexsooner
9/10/2008, 06:29 PM

My guess it is a vascular headache, because alcohol has an effect on it. Plus, the headache is worse in the morning and at night. Best advice: go see your doctor.

sooner_born_1960
9/10/2008, 06:43 PM
It's not eye strain. I went to the eye doctor earlier this year because this happened before. My eyes are 20/20 after my LASIK. I just wear glasses that are +1.00 sometimes to sharpen things.

Today it doesn't hurt anymore so maybe it is getting better.
It's the 'monia

I'm glad you're feeling better.

soonerbrat
9/11/2008, 07:28 AM
Who's the ED? The glasses are needed because of my astigmatism.

i think he means the emergency department?
aka the emergency room.

but i'm not positive

proud gonzo
9/11/2008, 10:25 AM
tapeworm