PDA

View Full Version : 9/6 Tailgate --- THANK YOU!!!!

MomOfAnOhioSoonerFanatic
9/9/2008, 01:23 PM
I just had to log on again and say a huge THANK YOU to everyone that welcomed the 3 UC fans traveling with the 1 OU fan to your tailgate last Saturday. Mark has gone on and on talking about what a great time he had, how great the fans were, and how great you all were. For a while I thought he was going to put a "for sale" sign in our yard and move us to Norman! Cade had such a wonderful time -- I got to see the pictures that Mark took and he just looked awe struck! I hope he behaved himself and thanked you all in person. Dean, Lisa, and Emily (and everyone else they met) -- thank you again!!! Please please please keep in touch! Send us an email and keep us posted!!!! Cade's already talking about taking another trip for a game next fall ----

Sherri
[email protected]

CK Sooner
9/9/2008, 01:26 PM
There is no place better to be on gameday.

birddog
9/9/2008, 01:46 PM
glad they had a good time. nationally we have a rep for being spoiled, idiotic fans but most of the visiting fans have nothing but great things to say about us once they actually see it for themselves.

good luck to the bearcats!

birddog
9/9/2008, 01:46 PM
also, if you can, post some of his pics.

what did he enjoy the most? etc.

tommieharris91
9/9/2008, 01:58 PM
Post here a little more often then. Of course, you're always welcome to just read the posts. We're glad everyone had a good time.

MomOfAnOhioSoonerFanatic
9/9/2008, 02:46 PM
How do I post pictures??

swardboy
9/9/2008, 02:55 PM
How do I post pictures??

Well, let's see....first we'll need your social security #

:D JUST KIDDING!!!!!
Some tekkie help here.

Boomer.....
9/9/2008, 02:57 PM
How do I post pictures??

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1721004&postcount=162

This should explain how. If you have any questions, ask.

CK Sooner
9/9/2008, 02:57 PM
nm

swardboy
9/9/2008, 02:59 PM
All I know is, after you download the pics to your computer:
*I use www.imageshack.us - It will instruct you what to do
*Click the "insert image" icon above the reply box
*Do what it says
Overly simplified, I know

MomOfAnOhioSoonerFanatic
9/9/2008, 07:39 PM
I've got some pictures loaded on imageshack, now I just need to figure out what to do next. Do I just put the entire link in a post??

swardboy
9/9/2008, 07:49 PM
When you go to the reply box at the bottom of this page, click on the "Insert Image" icon above it (just hover your cursor over the next to last icon and it will identify it with a pop up window). A window will open for you to type in the url address of the picture (or copy and paste) and insert it in the reply box. Do this for each pic.

I'm so unqualified to explain this...hope it helps.

birddog
9/10/2008, 08:42 AM
sooooo, mom, did you learn up on how to post pics last night?

MomOfAnOhioSoonerFanatic
9/10/2008, 08:54 AM
Hopefully this works --- if you can't click on the link, you can at least copy and paste it or type in it.

Some things he did/said about his weekend:

When his plane landed he called me on his dad's cell phone. He said "Mom, I'm in Oklahoma. I 'm going to go touch the dirt."

He got all excited when Dean and Lisa showed him what to do when the band played the fight song.

He was thrilled with being able to walk around on the field on Friday. He had his dad pick some grass so that he could bring it home. It's in a sandwich baggie next to his bed.

He missed his first regualar season football game. So, this Saturday will actually be his first game of the season, the team's second. He says he is going to score and when he does he wants me to take his picture. He's going to make the O U sign with his hands for the picture.

The entire trip was just awesome for him --- I can't say enough about how much fun he had.

Sherri

MomOfAnOhioSoonerFanatic
9/10/2008, 08:55 AM
http://profile.imageshack.us/user/SherriHume/

oops --- forgot the link ---

Boomer.....
9/10/2008, 09:08 AM
Great pics! Glad they had fun.

RacerX
9/10/2008, 09:18 AM
http://profile.imageshack.us/user/SherriHume/

And that is what being a kid and a fan is all about.

swardboy
9/10/2008, 09:34 AM
What a hoot.....hope you can get the red clay washed out of his clothes.

sooneron
9/10/2008, 09:42 AM
Great pics. I'm glad they had a good time. No football experience compares with seeing a kid's face at his first game.

Lott's Bandana
9/10/2008, 09:54 AM
It truly makes a HUGE difference in fan experience when the host team has a friendly, welcoming attitude toward their guests.

The Air Force game a few years ago was, to me, the standard for which all away-game visits should be like.

Very glad we were amicable hosts...after all, look what we get to be a part of!