PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Oklahoma Football Vault

r5TPsooner
9/9/2008, 10:10 AM
My wife went to Sam's Club yesterday and picked up a book/collectible called Oklahoma Football Vault, The History of the Sooners that they had in stock.

The book is hard a cover, and also has a hard cover protective sleeve which is super nice and makes the book slide out only one way. The book is from the very beginning to the present and is just super nice. There are a ton of collectible inserts, pictures, post cards and more. The quality of this book is outstanding and is priced at $30.

A must have collectible for OU football fans and I have yet to see anything like this on the market. I have never seen this for sale, not even in Norman las weekend, so I just wanted to give you guys a shout out on this sweet book, which I plan on making as a collectible on my wall in the OU room on a shelf.

$30 may seem steep but this is extremely well made and the quality seems 2nd to none. I bet it ways between 2-3 pounds as well.

The author is Kenny Mossman, Forward is by Bob Stoops, Afterward by Barry Switzer.

If this book has been mentioned before, I apologize in advance.

OUSuperman
9/9/2008, 10:18 AM
I noticed the UT version at Costco in Austin. I bought it in June as one of my buddy's wedding gifts. I wasn't sure if there was an OU version. Good to know we have one, can't wait to get my hands on it!

WestAustinSooner
9/9/2008, 10:51 AM
I'll wait until the next BCS National Championship, so that will be included. I figured I won't have to wait too long.

SbOrOiNaEnR
9/9/2008, 11:17 AM
In the Barnes & Noble in Norman, in the "Sports" section on the shelves, they had the Whorns version, the Arkansas version, but no OU one.

Fortunately, I saw a huge stack of them behind the counter when I went to check out.

SwitzerIsMyKing
9/9/2008, 12:08 PM
The Book Store by the stadium is selling signed copies. Great book!

stoopified
9/9/2008, 12:25 PM
I( got mine in August.I even started a thread about how great it was but no one seems to care.

TheUnnamedSooner
9/9/2008, 03:13 PM
I( got mine in August.I even started a thread about how great it was but no one seems to care.

That was because YOU started the thread ;)

KingBarry
9/9/2008, 10:40 PM
I have a birthday coming up. I will have to ask for one of those. Would be nice if the family would go the extra yard and get me a signed copy!

SoonerKnight
9/10/2008, 02:20 AM
That was because YOU started the thread ;)

Now that is funny!!!!!! I would give ya spek but :rolleyes: