PDA

View Full Version : A task that is from God...

JohnnyMack
9/9/2008, 09:42 AM
9H-btXPfhGs

God wants you to have a pipeline.

LS_VduCWhzM

Thoughts? And please little lemmings, let's stay on target here. Save your Jeremiah Wright comebacks and let's discuss whether or not this woman is a kook or not. Thanks.

OU4LIFE
9/9/2008, 09:52 AM
so, she's a kook for asking people to pray for unification?

or is this just a weak attempt to paint her in the same light as reverend Wright?

JohnnyMack
9/9/2008, 09:56 AM
or is this just a weak attempt to paint her in the same light as reverend Wright?

Fail. Sit right there, I'm going to neg you.

sooner n houston
9/9/2008, 09:58 AM
Palin used mostly traditional evangelical language when she spoke at a June ceremony for future mission workers at the Wasilla Assembly of God. A video of her talk was posted on the church Web site, then turned up elsewhere on the Internet.

Noting that her oldest son, Track, an Army private, is being sent to Iraq this month, Palin asked the audience to pray for military men and women. She also asked for prayer "that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending them out on a task that is from God."

"That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for - that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan," she said.

She spoke about her responsibilities as governor, including job creation, and said she was trying to win support for a multibillion-dollar pipeline that would bring natural gas from Alaska's North Slope to the lower 48 states.

"I think God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get that gas line built," she said. "So pray for that."

Still, she said the state needed more than just economic development.

"Really, all of that stuff doesn't do any good if the people of Alaska's heart isn't right with God," she said. "Your job is going to be to be out there reaching the people - hurting people - throughout Alaska and we can work together to make sure God's will be done here."

-----------------------------------------------------

Don't see a problem here. Do you?

OU4LIFE
9/9/2008, 09:59 AM
man, that negging didn't bother me as much as I thought it would.

JohnnyMack
9/9/2008, 10:01 AM
man, that negging didn't bother me as much as I thought it would.

:les:JUST YOU WAIT 'TIL PHIL CAVES AND TURNS IT BACK ON!!! IMMA COMING AFTER YOU!!!!!

OU4LIFE
9/9/2008, 10:04 AM
should I sit here and wait?

Hot Rod
9/9/2008, 10:04 AM
She said "pray" for these things. Doesn't mean that they are the will of God. Just because you pray to God for something to come to pass doesn't mean it's in His will. Prayer is also a way of finding the will of God, not getting God to change His will for your own agenda. In this case, it seems that she's asking people to pray and see if this is the answer to a solution.

C&CDean
9/9/2008, 10:08 AM
Jeez JM. I pray for a Sooner victory every Saturday morning.

yermom
9/9/2008, 11:03 AM
then you are a kook too ;)

mdklatt
9/9/2008, 11:09 AM
Prayer is also a way of finding the will of God

How does that work?

mdklatt
9/9/2008, 11:10 AM
I pray for a Sooner victory every Saturday morning.

Let's neg dean into Boliva for the last 4 bowl games. :mad:

TexasLidig8r
9/9/2008, 11:13 AM
9H-btXPfhGs

LS_VduCWhzM

Thoughts? And please little lemmings, let's stay on target here.

Lemmings? Please...

JMack... again, Jesus Christ could come down to earth and run as McCain's running mate and you would still vote democrat. You always will. Whichever candidate the Dems would have nominated, you would have supported... have you ever voted for a Repub for a national office?

Don't think I'm bustin' on you personally.... there are many, many, many people on both sides of the aisle who put party before the nation as a whole.

yermom
9/9/2008, 11:15 AM
the sad thing is that this kinda crap is going to get JSM elected

mdklatt
9/9/2008, 11:16 AM
Jesus Christ could come down to earth and run as McCain's running mate

Just like those arrogant pubz, refusing to give Jesus top billing. :D

Animal Mother
9/9/2008, 11:18 AM
9H-btXPfhGs

LS_VduCWhzM

Thoughts? And please little lemmings, let's stay on target here. Save your Jeremiah Wright comebacks and let's discuss whether or not this woman is a kook or not. Thanks.

I see you've learned to not ask for much.

JohnnyMack
9/9/2008, 11:21 AM
Lemmings? Please...

JMack... again, Jesus Christ could come down to earth and run as McCain's running mate and you would still vote democrat. You always will. Whichever candidate the Dems would have nominated, you would have supported... have you ever voted for a Repub for a national office?

Don't think I'm bustin' on you personally.... there are many, many, many people on both sides of the aisle who put party before the nation as a whole.

If Jesus showed up riding a dinosaur, I'd vote for him.

I looked back and on a national level I voted:

1996 - Clinton
2000 - Gore
2004 - Against Bush

I did not vote for Jim Inhofe or John Sullivan. But way back in 1995 I did vote for Steve Largent.

Hot Rod
9/9/2008, 11:27 AM
How does that work?

Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven

JohnnyMack
9/9/2008, 11:29 AM
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven

Our Father, who is art in heaven...

I got nuthin'

Hot Rod
9/9/2008, 11:32 AM
Our Father, who is art in heaven...

I got nuthin'

It's cool man. LOL

Veritas
9/9/2008, 11:43 AM
Yes, but would you vote for Jesus too? ;)

Sooner24
9/9/2008, 11:45 AM

I looked back and on a national level I voted:

1996 - Clinton
2000 - Gore
2004 - Against Bush

I did not vote for Jim Inhofe or John Sullivan. But way back in 1995 I did vote for Steve Largent.

You and Stoops are both riding losing streaks.

You should vote for :gary:

achiro
9/9/2008, 11:02 PM
Glad to see you are keeping up with that whole policies only thing you were whining about the other day.:rolleyes:

KC//CRIMSON
9/9/2008, 11:05 PM
I don't trust Eskimos!

Alaska? Isn't that in Canada?

def_lazer_fc
9/9/2008, 11:25 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e376/def_lazer_fc/1249843669_l.jpg

SouthFortySooner
9/9/2008, 11:33 PM
..."some peoples prayers are NOT answered because... they ask amiss". jes sayin