PDA

View Full Version : Identity Politics Apparently Works

Mandibleclaw
9/9/2008, 09:28 AM
When JSM announced Palin as his VP, my first reaction, it was a cheap political tactic to draw upon the angry HRC voters. No way women would sell out their principles just because a woman is the ticket, er maybe not. Apparently this surge in the polls is due to the white wimmens shift. They have no problem voting for another woman, even though she is on the opposite side of their issues.

It would never happen but Obama should drop Biden from the ticket and add Hillary.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080909/pl_nm/usa_politics_women_dc

C&CDean
9/9/2008, 09:52 AM
How is it different than black people voting for Oblama just because he's black?

People are stupid.

Mandibleclaw
9/9/2008, 10:09 AM
Well that demographic always was democratic, in the article there is a nearly 20% shift just by the naming of Palin. I once said I didn't think women were that stupid to fall for this, and I dare not say it now but draw your own conclusions. :confused:

C&CDean
9/9/2008, 10:14 AM
Dude, how many womens voted for Clinton because they thought he was hot? A ****pot.

Personally, I think women are flocking to Palin because not only is she a female, she's a good looking, soon to be powerful, confident, brash, and highly capable female. Your girl Hillary would never get the same voters Palin will. Why? Cause she's ugly and caustic. And old, and covered up with baggage.

JohnnyMack
9/9/2008, 10:14 AM
People are stupid.

Well at least there's something you and I can agree on.

JohnnyMack
9/9/2008, 10:15 AM
The more and more I think about it, the more I agree with SicEm's idea about passing a basic proficiency exam in order to be able to vote.

Mandibleclaw
9/9/2008, 10:19 AM
Dude, how many womens voted for Clinton because they thought he was hot? A ****pot.

Personally, I think women are flocking to Palin because not only is she a female, she's a good looking, soon to be powerful, confident, brash, and highly capable female. Your girl Hillary would never get the same voters Palin will. Why? Cause she's ugly and caustic. And old, and covered up with baggage.

For the record, Hillary is not my girl but I would have no problem using her to win an election, just like McCain is using Palin and women voters.

crawfish
Does it matter? Once you get past the rhetoric, both parties basically do the same thing anyway.

47straight
ever think the real problem is assuming that women who don't agree with you are against women?

Mandibleclaw
9/9/2008, 10:22 AM
ever think the real problem is assuming that women who don't agree with you are against women?

Well I will just go with what Dean said, people are stupid.

C&CDean
9/9/2008, 10:30 AM
And there we have it folks.

BigRedJed
9/9/2008, 10:46 AM
The more and more I think about it, the more I agree with SicEm's idea about passing a basic proficiency exam in order to be able to vote.
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f312/Tonito44/ThatsRacist.gif