PDA

View Full Version : Car accident question

Shneeg11
9/8/2008, 11:47 PM
So, I was broadsided today by hefner and rockwell..... I drive an '03 passat, and I don't want to get it fixed by anyone but cable. seeing as how I've never had to go through this process (I'm young), can the other driver's insurance company tell me that I can't get it fixed there due to cost?

TIA

olevetonahill
9/9/2008, 12:07 AM
So, I was broadsided today by hefner and rockwell..... I drive an '03 passat, and I don't want to get it fixed by anyone but cable. seeing as how I've never had to go through this process (I'm young), can the other driver's insurance company tell me that I can't get it fixed there due to cost?

TIA

No .
Their Ins Cannot tell you what to do . If the Car was Tboned Its totaled .
Make em Replace it .
Sorry this got Lost in all the cryin about spek;)

olevetonahill
9/9/2008, 12:08 AM
Oh and are You Ok ? Go to the Doc AM,
Your gonna be sore as Hell and Need some Med Help . Trust me on that .

olevetonahill
9/9/2008, 12:09 AM
Another Oh
Peem Phil and Let him Sue them Bastages .;)

Penguin
9/9/2008, 12:15 AM
Not sure about Oklahoma, but in Texas, you choose where you get the car repaired.

Personally, I use one repair shop in town that doesn't report anything to Carfax. ;)

Shneeg11
9/9/2008, 12:16 AM
haha, I know I'm going to be sore, but I'm fine, just p***ed. I meet with the claims adjuster in the AM and I was just wondering what to expect. Thanks Vet. I posted this knowing it would get lost in the shuffle, I'm upset about spek too, I enjoyed having all of the green dots.

Penguin
9/9/2008, 12:20 AM
Also, please get checked out. Even if you refused medical treatment at the scene, a visit to the ER will still be covered. It's all related to the wreck.

mdklatt
9/9/2008, 12:21 AM
In the accident I was in (my car was barely six months old :mad:), the other guy's insurance company, Progressive, went out of their way to make sure I was satisfied. So, I can highly recommend being effed in the ay by a driver who has Progressive.

Of course, I also had Progressive so maybe they gave me special treatment?

Shneeg11
9/9/2008, 01:23 AM
ya, I have progressive, but the driver at fault has all state

olevetonahill
9/9/2008, 02:42 AM
ya, I have progressive, but the driver at fault has all state

The "Good hands People " who will let you Fall thru their Fingers
Call Phil . Call Rus , Oldnslo Hell Call Lid But DO NOT TALK TO THEM .
Dayum sure dont sign a release
:mad:

Oldnslo
9/9/2008, 09:07 AM
yeah, call me. 918.582.0582

if the other side's insurance is being a collection of tools, you can go against your own coverage. You'll pay the deductible up front, but get it back when the two companies work it out. You'll also lose the opportunity to claim the lost value to the car due to it being in an accident. OTOH, you'll be treated better by your own company then the other d00d's.

that's the excerpt on property damage. as with all excerpts, many details are omitted, some of which might matter to you.

what of your personal injury?

olevetonahill
9/9/2008, 09:12 AM
yeah, call me. 918.582.0582

if the other side's insurance is being a collection of tools, you can go against your own coverage. You'll pay the deductible up front, but get it back when the two companies work it out. You'll also lose the opportunity to claim the lost value to the car due to it being in an accident. OTOH, you'll be treated better by your own company then the other d00d's.

that's the excerpt on property damage. as with all excerpts, many details are omitted, some of which might matter to you.

what of your personal injury?

Help him out bro . If he will Listen LOL

Oldnslo
9/9/2008, 11:10 AM
All I can do is give the advice, Vet. Ain't up to me to take it, too.

Hamhock
9/9/2008, 11:16 AM
who are hefner and rockwell? which one was driving?

Hamhock
9/9/2008, 03:28 PM
who are hefner and rockwell? which one was driving?

btw, this is exactly the type of post that would have caused you all to rain down spek on me because of my superior wit.

Pieces Hit
9/9/2008, 03:46 PM
you'll wanna see a chiropractor in a week...

I'm not a doctor but I play one on tv.

SoonerJack
9/9/2008, 05:43 PM
I was the meat in a car sandwich about two weeks ago. The KU grad that hit me was from Illinois and used some insurance company I had never heard of "Mercury". I think it is Latin for "Feet Draggers". It looks like they are going to pay for the repairs but are quibbling over using real BMW parts. They want to use korean knock-offs. I disagree.

I must say, I was less than pleased when my insurance agent didn't recommend that I go ahead and work the claim through them and then work out the details later.

I totally agree about seeing a dr. Even if you don't feel bad, at least get checked out, some xrays etc. Better safe than sorry. Worry about your bod and not your ride.

Shneeg11
9/9/2008, 05:56 PM
I went to the Dr., I'm completely fine, and All-state admitted that it was 100% the other driver's fault today b/c, "She doesn't understand the general rules of driving", so I go in to let them see the car tomorrow morning before I take it to cable! I think all worked out well, and was very easy, almost too easy really, is it supposed to be like that?

olevetonahill
9/9/2008, 06:03 PM
I went to the Dr., I'm completely fine, and All-state admitted that it was 100% the other driver's fault today b/c, "She doesn't understand the general rules of driving", so I go in to let them see the car tomorrow morning before I take it to cable! I think all worked out well, and was very easy, almost too easy really, is it supposed to be like that?

you shouldnt have to Take it anywhere but to your Body shop. Make them come to you. Call Oldanslo.
Do not sign any Med releases , Ya never know when some thing will come up .

Shneeg11
9/9/2008, 07:07 PM
Good to know, I appreciate it, I take it Oldandslo is an attorney? I will definitely be giving him a call if the need arises, so far it's going pretty well

Penguin
9/9/2008, 07:29 PM
And if an Army recruiter shows up with a contract, boy howdy, don't sign it!

They'll try to get you while you're still loopy!

bonkuba
9/9/2008, 07:38 PM
I have heard of folks only getting market value for their car......glad you were satisfied. Seriously it happens all the time.....especially if it happens when your car is failry new (owe more than it is worth).

soonerbrat
9/9/2008, 08:05 PM
btw, this is exactly the type of post that would have caused you all to rain down spek on me because of my superior wit.

heh