9/8/2008, 11:02 PM
Haha, I blocked images. PWNED!

****er.
I would neg you.

:les: BUT I CAN'T!!!

SoonerBOI
9/8/2008, 11:02 PM
Is something wrong in my control panel, or is spek gone? :confused:

Here, I'm sharing my last remaining bar.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/5461/repbarskn1.gif (http://imageshack.us)

GottaHavePride
9/8/2008, 11:04 PM
Help!!!

I need somebody...

HELP!

Not just anybody...

HELP!

CK Sooner
9/8/2008, 11:05 PM

How do you still have SPEK!!!!?

:D

StoopTroup
9/8/2008, 11:07 PM
SPEKpwned

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/5461/repbarskn1.gif

SoonerStud615
9/8/2008, 11:08 PM

CK Sooner
9/8/2008, 11:10 PM

I know. :D

Rogue
9/9/2008, 05:39 AM
Bump.
Just cause.
Because.

olevetonahill
9/9/2008, 06:41 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/79/234059664_f243417714.jpg

I think I married that one Night .:eek:

sooneron
9/9/2008, 07:23 AM
With the spek gone, I am wondering how many posts I am going to accidentally report.

:confused:

olevetonahill
9/9/2008, 07:26 AM
With the spek gone, I am wondering how many posts I am going to accidentally report.

:confused:

Dude I tried to spek Ya and reported Ya instead MY bad :O

sooneron
9/9/2008, 07:26 AM

http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=idspekyougf1.jpg

BudSooner
9/9/2008, 07:33 AM
heh

heh

heh

heh

heh

HEH.

and I mean that in a "I just fell off my bed laughing, that is my new signature" kind of way. :D:D:D

heh

heh

heh

heh

hah, i mean huh, i mean heh.

heh

Heh...

Sorry...

I was having to move fast before some noob decided to interfere. :D

heh

heh

heh

heh

heh

heh

heh

heh

heh

heh

heh

Meh.

Dang, thanks jed. :D

heh

heh

heh

heh

double heh

heh

heh

heh

heh...

...I mean IN!

heh

HEH

SpiderModpwned

HEH.

HEH

heh

HEH!

And by Heh, I mean Heh!

sooneron
9/9/2008, 07:36 AM
heh

soonerbrat
9/9/2008, 07:57 AM
I liked it because me and my buds used it as kind of an instant message system. Hell, it's easier to use than the message system.

i was going to spek you for that, then...i couldn't.

soonerbrat
9/9/2008, 08:01 AM
heh.

soonerbrat
9/9/2008, 08:01 AM
the only reason I paid to be a sponsor was so I could read who was giving me spek.

Turd_Ferguson
9/9/2008, 08:07 AM
the only reason I paid to be a sponsor was so I could read who was giving me spek.heh

OU4LIFE
9/9/2008, 08:08 AM
well it sucks IMO.

There were a lot of posts that I would give spek to instead of replying. It's a good way to gauge your efforts. It's also faster than replying.

I'd neg this thread if I could.

all of you morons that gorked up spek for the rest of us, thanks a lot.

man, this place is becoming like The Fock, just trying to suck all the fun out of the experience. I think my sponsorship may be done here.

Turd_Ferguson
9/9/2008, 08:08 AM
well it sucks IMO.

There were a lot of posts that I would give spek to instead of replying. It's a good way to gauge your efforts. It's also faster than replying.

all of you morons that gorked up spek for the rest of us, thanks a lot.heh

sooneron
9/9/2008, 08:09 AM
well it sucks IMO.

Now I have to keep hitting refresh on a thread to see if you laughed at my hilarious posts.:(

soonerbrat
9/9/2008, 08:11 AM
well it sucks IMO.

man, this place is becoming like The Fock, just trying to suck all the fun out of the experience. I think my sponsorship may be done here.

agree. i would've spekked that to you but i can't.

sooneron
9/9/2008, 08:13 AM
agree. i would've spekked that to you but i can't.

and I would have spekked you to show you that I concur with your spekking him.

It's just like a 1970's orgy or key party at this point.

SteelClip49
9/9/2008, 08:19 AM
As a recovering red spekster...I do know now, as a green spekster that the red shows what true ignorance someone has said very little or many times. It shows who is legit and who is not legit. While some red spekkers mean well, like me in the past, you are looked down upon everytime something is posted whether it is good or bad....as if this guy truly means what he says. I have been healed thanks to the Olevet's belief in me and the green spek I regained shows there has been such a positive change.....if I can change we can all change and I all of a sudden feel naked without my green vibe that I tried so hard to get back. BRING BACK THE SPEK!!!!!! Do it for me, do it for your fellow long time and loyal posters. I believe!!!!! <<<<waves lighter.

olevetonahill
9/9/2008, 08:29 AM
As a recovering red spekster...I do know now, as a green spekster that the red shows what true ignorance someone has said very little or many times. It shows who is legit and who is not legit. While some red spekkers mean well, like me in the past, you are looked down upon everytime something is posted whether it is good or bad....as if this guy truly means what he says. I have been healed thanks to the Olevet's belief in me and the green spek I regained shows there has been such a positive change.....if I can change we can all change and I all of a sudden feel naked without my green vibe that I tried so hard to get back. BRING BACK THE SPEK!!!!!! Do it for me, do it for your fellow long time and loyal posters. I believe!!!!! <<<<waves lighter.

I do Believe you are #4 to say that I turned you Red and Brot you Back to the Good Side
I may be Like a few others and decide that 20 Bucks a Month aint worth the Sponsors forum or Playing Poker :rolleyes:

OUMallen
9/9/2008, 08:29 AM
I think some posters were abusing it...

Yup. I never complained to admin because I kind of found it funny/sad, but I was definintely a victim of spek abuse...I could be on a Disney PSA about being yourself and having self-esteem in the face of gratuitous negspek bullying...

Boomer.....
9/9/2008, 08:30 AM

Heh.

StoopTroup
9/9/2008, 08:32 AM
Amen

olevetonahill
9/9/2008, 08:33 AM
Yup. I never complained to admin because I kind of found it funny/sad, but I was definintely a victim of spek abuse...I could be on a Disney PSA about being yourself and having self-esteem in the face of gratuitous negspek bullying...

But you did become a better Poster .:P

stoops the eternal pimp
9/9/2008, 08:37 AM
And I gave you green Mallen like I did other new guys to keep you here and things settled...I think all of us went thru the same thing

olevetonahill
9/9/2008, 08:39 AM
And I gave you green Mallen like I did other new guys to keep you here and things settled...I think all of us went thru the same thing

Yup and I ddint Cry did You ?
:rolleyes:

soonerbrat
9/9/2008, 08:39 AM

pot/kettle

OKLA21FAN
9/9/2008, 08:41 AM
http://www.robotswillkill.com/graffiti/04162007174312spek0537om6.jpg

soonerbrat
Mallen is the one that went back and negged my month-old posts from his stupid park harvey thread.

olevetonahill
pot/kettle

Yup
I Negged the Boy fer cryin about ****ing Himself Outa a deposit and Then He Negged you
I did start Greenin him again a few days ago .;)

soonerbrat
9/9/2008, 08:42 AM
Yup
I Negged the Boy fer cryin about ****ing Himself Outa a deposit and Then He Negged you
I did start Greenin him again a few days ago .;)

i negged him for calling you stupid or making fun of you or something and my comment was "that's not nice"..that was a legitimate negspek. I hardly ever negged anyone.

olevetonahill
9/9/2008, 08:43 AM
Mallen is the one that went back and negged my month-old posts from his stupid park harvey thread.

yup

Fraggle145
heh

soonerbrat
I think Mallen is a big crybaby.

OKLA21FAN
9/9/2008, 08:44 AM
i negged him for calling you stupid or making fun of you or something and my comment was "that's not nice"..that was a legitimate negspek. I'll never neg anyone anymore.

fixed it

Fraggle145
9/9/2008, 08:45 AM
red light green light was something you had to suffer through as a newb/n00b. It was a way to try to get rid of all the spek whiners. personally if you whine about spek i think it should just have been disabled for you.

I liked my spek bar and I think this sucks. :mad:

Harry Beanbag
9/9/2008, 08:46 AM
This will be awesome. Instead of telling a poster in private how much of a tard you think they are, we'll just do it out in the open forums. Sweet!

When on a crusade to demand change, people rarely think ahead to the unintended consequences that change may bring about. And yes, this message has multiple meanings to different people.

olevetonahill
9/9/2008, 08:47 AM
i negged him for calling you stupid or making fun of you or something and my comment was "that's not nice"..that was a legitimate negspek. I hardly ever negged anyone.

and everyone Knows im a nice guy ,;)

soonerbrat
9/9/2008, 08:48 AM
red light green light was something you had to suffer through as a newb/n00b. It was a way to try to get rid of all the spek whiners. personally if you whine about spek i think it should just have been disabled for you.

and people had the option to turn their own spek off...IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT TURN IT OFF.

soonerbrat
9/9/2008, 08:49 AM
fixed it

i'd spek you for that

BUT I CAN'T

olevetonahill
9/9/2008, 08:50 AM

Its MY fault . I told sooner02 In a Neg the
1st rule Of spek Is dont cry about it
the 2nd Rule was Dont Neg Me . Guess He cried to the High Heavens LOL
:D :rolleyes:

OKLA21FAN
9/9/2008, 08:51 AM
i'd spek you for that

BUT I CAN'T

but if you could, would it be red or green???!!!??? :pop:

olevetonahill
and people had the option to turn their own spek off...IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT TURN IT OFF.

some Of em even had the option to NOT get Bained :eek:

TexasLidig8r
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!!!!!

Amateurs.

Having survived an unholy spek jihad which took me to a lovely over 1,000,000 in burnt orange spek...

Rest in pieces.. spek beyonces.

soonerbrat
9/9/2008, 08:52 AM
but if you could, would it be red or green???!!!??? :pop:

green baby, green.

olevetonahill
9/9/2008, 08:52 AM

Amateurs.

Having survived an unholy spek jihad which took me to a lovely over 1,000,000 in burnt orange spek...

****in :texan:
only reason you Got green was beano took Pity on yer lame ***:rolleyes:

OKLA21FAN
9/9/2008, 08:53 AM

Amateurs.

yeah, but you liked it!!!!

and wore it like a badge of honor!

soonerbrat
9/9/2008, 08:58 AM

Amateurs.

green

OUMallen
9/9/2008, 09:09 AM

True, and it was much appreciated, but I wasn't a new guy. I mean, hazing n00bs is a way of messageboards all over the intarwebs, but I have been on this board for years. Don't my little red stars symbolize that?

Vet- Nope, I didn't complain either. I just smothered your negspek with kind, green spek! :D Besides, it wasn't really you I was referring to...I could tell you were just messing with me/having fun. It was a different poster that was threatening me with it.

In any event, I didn't complain to Phil or other mods. Just part of it; you might get negabused, but you don't let Mack answer that for ya.

soonerbrat
9/9/2008, 09:42 AM
True, and it was much appreciated, but I wasn't a new guy. I mean, hazing n00bs is a way of messageboards all over the intarwebs, but I have been on this board for years. Don't my little red stars symbolize that?

Vet- Nope, I didn't complain either. I just smothered your negspek with kind, green spek! :D Besides, it wasn't really you I was referring to...I could tell you were just messing with me/having fun. It was a different poster that was threatening me with it.

In any event, I didn't complain to Phil or other mods. Just part of it; you might get negabused, but you don't let Mack answer that for ya.

you didn't smother my negspek with kind, green spek.

TexasLidig8r
9/9/2008, 09:50 AM
yeah, but you liked it!!!!

and wore it like a badge of honor!

I certainly did !

I thought it was deliciously ironic that if you were really, really bad.. your spek turned to burnt orange.

Ah..good times.. good times indeed.

I also thought it laughable that the numerous "anonymous" profanity laced negspek I used to get... magically disappeared faster than a mid 30 year old man living with his mommy when the anonymous feature was done away with. :D

OU4LIFE
9/9/2008, 10:01 AM
that's why I always signed my spek.

frankensooner
9/9/2008, 10:09 AM
No reason for me to do poles anymore if I can't spek participants. That kind of does away with any reason for my sponorship. OH, well. It was nice knowing you guys. I will probably turn up at the tailgates from time to time.

OKLA21FAN
9/9/2008, 10:11 AM
that's why I always signed my spek.

as did i

but I don't think i evar Neg lid anyway. In fact, you can probably count on 1 hand of all my negs (and those went to some okie lite poster [hairGel]

stoops the eternal pimp
9/9/2008, 10:13 AM
i have never negg'd a soul......and now I ll never get a chance..I ll die a neg virgin

colleyvillesooner
9/9/2008, 10:20 AM
No reason for me to do poles anymore if I can't spek participants. That kind of does away with any reason for my sponorship. OH, well. It was nice knowing you guys. I will probably turn up at the tailgates from time to time.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/2084/612capturetombstone03zj4.jpg

shaun4411
9/9/2008, 10:31 AM
I certainly did !

I thought it was deliciously ironic that if you were really, really bad.. your spek turned to burnt orange.

Ah..good times.. good times indeed.

I also thought it laughable that the numerous "anonymous" profanity laced negspek I used to get... magically disappeared faster than a mid 30 year old man living with his mommy when the anonymous feature was done away with. :D

i noticed it too.. though on occasion, id still get neg from olevet, with gibberish as the comment. what a sweetie.

crawfish
9/9/2008, 10:59 AM
I've negged everyone in this thread.

In my mind.

Including me.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/9/2008, 11:00 AM
I've negged everyone in this thread.

In my mind.

Including me.

bastard-step:D

OUMallen
9/9/2008, 11:04 AM
you didn't smother my negspek with kind, green spek.

That was a late-evolving tactic. Neg me now and I'll greensmother you.

NYC Poke
9/9/2008, 11:16 AM
I am in total agreement. It means absolutely nothing and it's easy to get caught up in petty fights over disrespek. I must admit to being guilty of that myself.

Um . . . when was that?

Did all the leftover spek get donated to charity or anything? I'd hate it if it just went to waste.

OUMallen
9/9/2008, 11:21 AM
Um . . . when was that?

Did all the leftover spek get donated to charity or anything? I'd hate it if it just went to waste.

Went to spekless children in Africa. I sent mine to Sophie.

http://www.personaldemocracy.com/files/textchild.png

Howzit
9/9/2008, 11:26 AM
colleyville, honest question, when did you become such a dickhead?

OU4LIFE
9/9/2008, 11:28 AM

I'm sure this answer has something to to with you and a Dallas lunch.

Howzit
9/9/2008, 11:29 AM
No, he was ok then.

Whet
9/9/2008, 11:34 AM

Hey Howzit - that reminds me of when I went to the swimming pool, CVS was already there:

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/5808/swimmingpooluu7.jpg

Veritas
9/9/2008, 11:40 AM
Hey Howzit - that reminds me of when I went to the swimming pool, CVS was already there:

He was slimmer then ;)

frankensooner
9/9/2008, 11:46 AM
I always pictured him taller.

sooneron
9/9/2008, 11:54 AM
This will be awesome. Instead of telling a poster in private how much of a tard you think they are, we'll just do it out in the open forums. Sweet!

You

Are

Retarded

colleyvillesooner
9/9/2008, 12:03 PM

I was just messing around. I always am when I post pics, and I don't get to use that one very often. I got to use it twice on the same poster in one day.

No one on here should take me seriously if I come of as being a dickhead. Everything I do is in fun. There's only a couple of posters that truly rile me up but I try my best to ignore them.

Anyway, please post more Howzit. You're silliness is in great need around here lately...

colleyvillesooner
9/9/2008, 12:03 PM

He was slimmer then ;)

I always pictured him taller.

:mad:

see what happens when you guys make me sad...

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/5470/errorpf5.jpg

colleyvillesooner
9/9/2008, 12:08 PM
I'm sure this answer has something to to with you and a Dallas lunch.

We don't have those anymore... I know you guys miss the threads though.

stoopified
9/9/2008, 12:14 PM
There goes 1.8 million points,bye bye.

Howzit
9/9/2008, 12:19 PM
Anyway, please post more Howzit. You're silliness is in great need around here lately...

I was going to...but then I saw there's no more spek.

BigRedJed
9/9/2008, 12:19 PM
You can still fling poo.

colleyvillesooner
9/9/2008, 12:21 PM
I was going to...but then I saw there's no more spek.

heh.

colleyvillesooner
9/9/2008, 12:22 PM
You can still fling poo.

Oh, um, you, uh, didn't get "the memo" did you?

TexasLidig8r
9/9/2008, 12:24 PM
No one on here should take me seriously if I come of as being a dickhead. Everything I do is in fun. There's only a couple of posters that truly rile me up but I try my best to ignore them.

I don't MEAN to rile you up.. .ok.. ok.. well.. maybe I do. ;)

colleyvillesooner
9/9/2008, 12:27 PM
I have to stop myself halfway though any of your OU/TEX posts. I almost jump on that hook every. time.

setem
9/9/2008, 12:39 PM
THIS IS GAYER THAN WHEN GAY CAME TO GAY TOWN!

Why should the the whiney few take precedent over the happy masses?

BOOOOO! HISSSS! BOOO!!!!

http://www.healthline.com/blogs/diet_nutrition/uploaded_images/Colorful-vegetables-755879.jpg

Pick your weapon of choice people!

soonerbrat
9/9/2008, 01:05 PM
that veggie stand looks good enough to eat...too good for throwing

OU4LIFE
9/9/2008, 01:10 PM
look at those ****ing peppers.

TexasLidig8r
9/9/2008, 01:11 PM
I have to stop myself halfway though any of your OU/TEX posts. I almost jump on that hook every. time.

I'm gonna be hooking some noobs this year.. and probably some old time vets too! :D

Howzit
9/9/2008, 01:18 PM
look at those ****ing peppers.

I'm calling BS. Your eyes are glued to the cucumbers. Admit it.

tbl
9/9/2008, 01:44 PM
Well this..... sucks. I used spek to kep track of threads, as well as my awesomeness.

birddog
9/9/2008, 01:57 PM
Well this..... sucks. I used spek to kep track of threads, as well as my awesomeness.

good luck finding your way around now, what with your 1.2 million posts.:D

Tulsa_Fireman
9/9/2008, 03:04 PM
good luck finding your way around now, what with your 1.2 million posts.:D

heh jihad

Fraggle145
9/9/2008, 03:34 PM
I'm gonna be hooking some noobs this year.. and probably some old time vets too! :D

oh btw did I say heh?

Whet
9/9/2008, 04:10 PM
I've been giving spek all afternoon!

tbl
9/9/2008, 04:14 PM
This seriously sucks. Spek was one of the things that set this board apart from other boards. Now it just feels plain... I totally disagree with Phil on this one, and I'd be interested to know who were the whiners that prompted this.

Whet
9/9/2008, 04:16 PM
You sayin' this is now just like most every other board?

Tulsa_Fireman
9/9/2008, 04:21 PM
This seriously sucks. Spek was one of the things that set this board apart from other boards. Now it just feels plain... I totally disagree with Phil on this one, and I'd be interested to know who were the whiners that prompted this.

Why, so we can neg 'em to Bolivia?

heh.

heh JIHAD. :P

tbl
9/9/2008, 04:21 PM
Cept for all the morans. ;)

Harry Beanbag
9/9/2008, 05:19 PM
You

Are

Retarded

Thanks! See how fun that was? :texan:

Scott D
9/9/2008, 05:50 PM

When on a crusade to demand change, people rarely think ahead to the unintended consequences that change may bring about. And yes, this message has multiple meanings to different people.

doesn't change a thing for me. I still call people ****ing morons in posts. :)

olevetonahill
9/9/2008, 06:32 PM
doesn't change a thing for me. I still call people ****ing morons in posts. :)

you dickwad :)

Rogue
9/9/2008, 06:41 PM
Still a pretty tame meltdown. Except for PG.

When the take away our spek, only outlaws will have spek.

Turd_Ferguson
9/9/2008, 06:42 PM
you dickwad :)post reported

OUMallen
9/9/2008, 06:57 PM
Still a pretty tame meltdown. Except for PG.

When the take away our spek, only outlaws will have spek.

double heh.

Curly Bill
9/9/2008, 09:20 PM
well it sucks IMO.

I've stated the same. :(

Curly Bill
9/9/2008, 09:22 PM
I do Believe you are #4 to say that I turned you Red and Brot you Back to the Good Side
I may be Like a few others and decide that 20 Bucks a Month aint worth the Sponsors forum or Playing Poker :rolleyes:

Yup, only $5 outta my pocket but the main reasons I was parting with that are gone.

Curly Bill
9/9/2008, 09:24 PM

That's because trolls are OK, but SPEK apparently is not. I mean...WTF?

Soonerus
9/9/2008, 09:25 PM
dropping spek is a mistake....

CK Sooner
9/9/2008, 09:27 PM
Phil we beg you, bring the Spek back.

Curly Bill
9/9/2008, 09:28 PM
dropping spek is a mistake....

Ah come on Rus, there has to be what...2 or 3 people that are just happy as **** about it. :rolleyes:

Soonerus
9/9/2008, 09:30 PM
Ah come on Rus, there has to be what...2 or 3 people that are just happy as **** about it. :rolleyes:

True, all of the nOObs...

Curly Bill
9/9/2008, 09:31 PM
True, all of the nOObs...

Yup, nOObs and trolls, the protected classes now.

CK Sooner
9/9/2008, 09:32 PM
Spek may be gone, but I will never forget the memories we had, the nights together and the days when I was lonely and sad. NO ONE can take those memories from us, NO ONE.

I am nothing without you, please come back! :(

CK Sooner
9/9/2008, 09:32 PM
Yup, nOObs and trolls, the protected classes now.

Soonersn :D

Soonerus
9/9/2008, 09:33 PM
Yup, nOObs and trolls, the protected classes now.Certainly long-timers seemly are encouraged to leave...

Curly Bill
9/9/2008, 09:34 PM
Certainly long-timers seemly are encouraged to leave...

Yup, and sponsors too.

Curly Bill
9/9/2008, 09:35 PM
Yup, and sponsors too.

Now if I can just get on Paypal and figure out how to cancel mine. :O

Rogue
9/9/2008, 09:47 PM
I'm just a poor student sponsor. Don't want to be too high and mighty about it. I renewed one day and spek was gone the next. I'd still probably have renewed, but I wish the spek was back.

Whet
9/9/2008, 09:50 PM
Now if I can just get on Paypal and figure out how to cancel mine. :O

From PayPal:

Q How do I cancel a recurring payment I have with a merchant?
A Here's How:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click Profile at the top of the page.
3. Click the Recurring Payments link in the Financial Information column.
4. Find the merchant whose agreement you want to cancel, and click the View Payment link.
5. Click the Cancel button and follow the online instructions.

olevetonahill
9/9/2008, 09:54 PM

Look in the Pole you can see who is Glad its gone :rolleyes:

Curly Bill
9/9/2008, 10:00 PM
From PayPal:

Q How do I cancel a recurring payment I have with a merchant?
A Here's How:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click Profile at the top of the page.
3. Click the Recurring Payments link in the Financial Information column.
4. Find the merchant whose agreement you want to cancel, and click the View Payment link.
5. Click the Cancel button and follow the online instructions.

Thanks a bunch, I'd SPEK ya if I could, but that's kinda what got me to this point in the first place. :D

CK Sooner
9/9/2008, 10:07 PM
Look in the Pole you can see who is Glad its gone :rolleyes:

Breadburner and MandibleClaw.

HAHA :D

birddog
9/9/2008, 10:27 PM
I'm just a poor student sponsor. Don't want to be too high and mighty about it. I renewed one day and spek was gone the next. I'd still probably have renewed, but I wish the spek was back.

the first mistake was making spekkers available to non-sponsors as well. hell i bet 9 out of 10 people became sponsors just to identify anonymous spekkers.

Soonerus
9/9/2008, 10:28 PM
the first mistake was making spekkers available to non-sponsors as well. hell i bet 9 out of 10 people became sponsors just to identify anonymous spekkers.

I doubt that...not a factor in my decision, I just wanted to support the board...

Curly Bill
9/9/2008, 10:29 PM

Yup, that was one of my main reasons for doing it.

Curly Bill
9/9/2008, 10:30 PM
I doubt that...not a factor in my decision, I just wanted to support the board...

Well, you see how you've been rewarded for that. :P

birddog
9/9/2008, 10:30 PM
132 people on the south oval tonight and everyone of us is anticipating the next change to the board that will officially close the doors on this place forever.

Soonerus
9/9/2008, 10:31 PM
Well, you see how you've been rewarded for that. :P

I know but I was not really looking for a reward...

CK Sooner
9/9/2008, 10:31 PM
I will become a sponsor if they bring Spek back.

Write it down.

CK Sooner
9/9/2008, 10:32 PM
132 people on the south oval tonight and everyone of us is anticipating the next change to the board that will officially close the doors on this place forever.

What do you think it will be?

birddog
9/9/2008, 10:32 PM
ok, i'll write it down on my sticky note.

calvin klein will be a sponsor when they bring spek back.

Curly Bill
9/9/2008, 10:33 PM
I will become a sponsor if they bring Spek back.

Write it down.

I'll renew the one I'll be cancelling in the next day or so. ;)

birddog
9/9/2008, 10:33 PM
What do you think it will be?

http://www.connexion.org/?cid=G4&altlanding=1&gclid=CN6T34Ol0JUCFRJexwod_xlW6g

Harry Beanbag
9/9/2008, 10:35 PM

Heh

Curly Bill
9/9/2008, 10:36 PM

LOL

and

heh

Harry Beanbag
That's because trolls are OK, but SPEK apparently is not. I mean...WTF?

This board made their bed with trolls long ago.

CK Sooner

Are you a registered member?

birddog
9/9/2008, 10:38 PM
Are you a registered member?

i'm a big phan. think about the amount of members you could get, especially if you added spekker ability to that site.

gold, i tell ya!

CK Sooner
9/9/2008, 10:39 PM
i'm a big phan. think about the amount of members you could get, especially if you added spekker ability to that site.

gold, i tell ya!

I might be interested.

I will think about it. ;)

OU-HSV
9/9/2008, 10:45 PM
Man have I missed some posts in here since last night

OU-HSV
9/9/2008, 10:57 PM
It was for maybe the first month or so. Then it became a tool of hidden vindictiveness and spent a great deal of time as that tool. And it was used in pretty malicious manners by a quite a few people, whether it was as a "joke" or not. From top to bottom the feature spent most of the time it was an option being abused. Perhaps if people weren't being dickheads with it for pretty much the entire time it was around it'd still be around now.

Wasn't me. I mostly spread the green.
I could probably count on one hand the number of neg bombs I dropped. Well, counting the whorns' occasional stupid comments maybe I'd have to count with both hands, but you get the drift of what I'm saying.

Anyways, as I said, we'll all live. Let the posting carry on.

Soonerus
9/9/2008, 11:04 PM
I gave very few reds...a ton of green...

Sooner02
9/9/2008, 11:29 PM
So that's what you're referring to. I just made one post about being bombed by a ton of negs for one semi-political post I made. I wasn't "whining" about it. And no I didn't cry to anyone, you can ask the moderator. I just neg'd back.

I'm glad it's gone, pretty pointless and childish.

Curly Bill
9/9/2008, 11:31 PM
So that's what you're referring to. I just made one post about being bombed by a ton of negs for one semi-political post I made. I wasn't "whining" about it. And no I didn't cry to anyone, you can ask the moderator. I just neg'd back.

Thou doth protest too much!

CK Sooner
9/9/2008, 11:32 PM

Cry me a river.

Curly Bill
9/9/2008, 11:33 PM
Cry me a river.

Oh he was. :P

Sooner02
9/9/2008, 11:35 PM
Oh he was. :P
Yup, I'm stained in tears.

Curly Bill
9/9/2008, 11:36 PM
Yup, I'm stained in tears.

Did you pee on yourself just a little? I know how you Brack supporters are.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/9/2008, 11:41 PM
I miss my red badge of courage.

CK Sooner
9/9/2008, 11:41 PM

Curly I think me and you were separated at birth.

We agree on everything.

Curly Bill
9/9/2008, 11:42 PM
Curly I think me and you were separated at birth.

We agree on everything.

I'm speechless...

...and skeered. :eek:

CK Sooner
9/9/2008, 11:43 PM
I'm speechless...

...and skeered. :eek:

:D :D :D

:cool:

Curly Bill
9/9/2008, 11:45 PM
:D :D :D

:cool:

Only 6 more post for my fifth star, then in a day or two I'll cancel my sponsorship and be back down to 4. :(

Sooner02
9/9/2008, 11:45 PM
Luckily I made it to the restroom in time. At least we don't have to wear diapers like you McBush folks.

CK Sooner
9/9/2008, 11:46 PM
Luckily I made it to the restroom in time. At least we don't have to wear diapers like the McBush folks.

:mad:

Curly Bill
9/9/2008, 11:46 PM
Luckily I made it to the restroom in time. At least we don't have to wear diapers like the McBush folks.

This might be the lamest post I've ever seen. Good work.

Harry Beanbag
9/9/2008, 11:47 PM
Luckily I made it to the restroom in time. At least we don't have to wear diapers like you McBush folks.

Lame, try again. http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif

Curly Bill
9/9/2008, 11:47 PM

...and you took a long time to reply. So all that thought and this is what you got?

Sooner02
9/9/2008, 11:48 PM
yee-haw

Curly Bill
No wonder that cat whined about neg spek, I can see that he probably was getting a lot of it.

CK Sooner
No wonder that cat whined about neg spek, I can see that he probably was getting a lot of it.

Harry Beanbag
9/9/2008, 11:49 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/bush.gif
yee-haw

Wow. This is even lamer.

CK Sooner
9/9/2008, 11:50 PM
Wow. This is even lamer.

I know, he edited it out like we wouldn't find out.

Curly Bill
9/9/2008, 11:50 PM
Wow. This is even lamer.

He's a sheep.

Harry Beanbag
9/9/2008, 11:51 PM
He's a sheep.

He must like aggies a lot then.

CK Sooner
9/9/2008, 11:51 PM
He's a sheep.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll169/sapfida/sheep.jpg

Scott D
9/10/2008, 12:40 AM
Wasn't me. I mostly spread the green.
I could probably count on one hand the number of neg bombs I dropped. Well, counting the whorns' occasional stupid comments maybe I'd have to count with both hands, but you get the drift of what I'm saying.

Anyways, as I said, we'll all live. Let the posting carry on.

Actually my favorite part of this entire angst is the fact that it's likely the biggest complainers were generally the ones who were most likely to go on the 'attack' with the red dots. Seems to me that a lot of people let their 'identity' get too tied up in the feature, thereby robbing it of the fun way it was meant to be.

In the entire time it was around I probably gave a negative to a handful of people generally with an explanation, unless it was a newb who deserved it for something stupid on the football forum. And, anytime I negged Big Red Ron, I signed it from NickZepp. ;)

The "spek jihads" by sponsors were mildly amusing...culminating with the "neg horns into oblivion week" before the RRS. Then again, those dumb bastards wore that as a badge of honor and actually tried to accumulate more negs than each other during that week. But, then again they ARE horn fans.

Seems also that politics seemed to have brought out the worst in people not only in what they say publically to each other. But even moreso in what they were saying where they thought nobody else could read it. And apparently even making it transparent to who was sending those negs to everyone didn't even make a slight dent in the abuses of it.

We pretty much ran the gamut of ways to abuse it on this site from doleo and yermom giving each other insanely high numbers early on to slapfights between people over stupid ****. To serial whiners hiding behind negs, and then running to the mods about how the person they may have been baiting in the first place finally responded to their stupid **** in kind trying to get someone else banned.

Also, I wasn't singling you out man. Your post was just the one I was responding to in general.

BigRedJed
9/10/2008, 07:38 AM
Dead-on assessment.

sooneron
9/10/2008, 07:45 AM
I miss my neg hammah sometimes.

http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=neghammahbj1.jpg

Rogue
9/10/2008, 07:46 AM
Again I say if the whiners don't want spek the whiners should have turned theirs off. Whiners = sponsors, mods, n00bs, whoever was being a ***** about spek. The vocal minority has seized control and screwed this place up for the rest of us.

I get a kick out of those in the spek threads saying it isn't a big deal.
It's a small deal that made this place better and now it doesn't.
If it was no big deal, then it should be no big deal to turn it back on and tell the whiners to unplug their spek or quit crying.

soonerbrat
9/10/2008, 08:27 AM
Again I say if the whiners don't want spek the whiners should have turned theirs off. Whiners = sponsors, mods, n00bs, whoever was being a ***** about spek. The vocal minority has seized control and screwed this place up for the rest of us.

If it was no big deal, then it should be no big deal to turn it back on and tell the whiners to unplug their spek or quit crying.

SPEK

or heh...

whatever means I agree.

Howzit
9/10/2008, 08:27 AM
This might be the lamest post I've ever seen. Good work.

You have obviously missed my 15,000 some-odd posts.

BigRedJed
9/10/2008, 08:29 AM
Dude, don't be so hard on yourself. I would say at least 2,000 of those were worth reading.

tbl
9/10/2008, 08:32 AM
Nailed it Rogue.

I, like I believe most people here, rarely, if ever, negged my fellow Sooners. There have been MANY times I disagreed with people, especially politically, but never negged for it. The only exceptions would be noobs and whorns (or whoever the opposing team was that week that would bring an influx of their stupid fans in).

Scott D
9/10/2008, 01:12 PM

Well see we need to differentiate here. I wasn't a whiner about it, I never sent mods or Phil a pm or email or led a crusade to get rid of it. People liked it, I understood that, it's always fun when it's light hearted. However, the same people that took advantage of abusing it are the same ones who whined about how it was abusive towards them.

Clearly it's a big deal to a apparently vocal amount of people. And people probably fall into three groups, those who are really upset it's gone. those who are a bit upset about it, but it doesn't really bother them. and those who are glad it's gone. Hell, maybe some of the whiners even made a concerted effort to sabotage the entire thing because they were stuck on page 17 or some other stupid ****.

Too many people are being affected by a damned message board addon that has no bearing on their life. Then again, too many people felt the need to define themselves by it. Just remember good old Helander making a point to say "EARNED Reputation" in his meltdown post because he hated the fact that at one point vbookie allowed you to bet it.

So I guess what I'm saying Rogue, is maybe if people weren't being ****heads to each other on the board, you'd still have the reputation feature around to be the fun addon it was intended to be.

Howzit
9/10/2008, 01:25 PM
Dude, don't be so hard on yourself. I would say at least 2,000 of those were worth reading.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Harry Beanbag
9/10/2008, 05:29 PM

I'll agree with ya. :)

StoopTroup
9/10/2008, 05:32 PM
I just had "SPEK" put on the license plate of my Harley. Thanks Phil! :D ;)

BigRedJed
9/10/2008, 05:32 PM
No we don't.

NYC Poke
9/10/2008, 06:03 PM
He's a sheep.

Don't try to pin him on us. I always took my neg spek like a lamb . . . er, ah . . . man.

Curly Bill
9/10/2008, 06:08 PM
SPEK

or heh...

whatever means I agree.

SPEK to you too

...and heh

Curly Bill
9/10/2008, 06:08 PM
You have obviously missed my 15,000 some-odd posts.

...and here's another heh

Curly Bill
9/10/2008, 06:11 PM
I just had "SPEK" put on the license plate of my Harley. Thanks Phil! :D ;)

...and you deserve a heh too. :D

Curly Bill
9/10/2008, 06:11 PM
Don't try to pin him on us. I always took my neg spek like a lamb . . . er, ah . . . man.

...and another heh.

Rogue
9/10/2008, 06:47 PM
ScottD, thanks for that response.

I've seen lots of changes at sf.com over the years. Most have been improvements. I love the new arcade and casino stuff. I really enjoyed betting vcash (don't remember betting spek much if at all) and I obviously was a fan of the spek.

Yeah, it's not a big deal in my real life. But I come here to get away from that. It's not even a big deal with regard to Sooner Football, which is what brought me in the first place. But on the SO, the Fark boards, and some of the more subtle parts our our little online world in here it WAS a big enough deal that we have a front page worth of new threads that are all "on fire" with pages and pages of responses. Most of the responses are from a few of us (Curly, OV, Rus, and me) that want it back. Many more are from others who agree and a handful from those who don't agree. So, it's obviously not an insignificant deal that will go away if it's ignored long enough. It'll die down though, like the loss of vcash did. I don't know what happened there, maybe there was a week's worth of meltdowns while I was out of town or something.

I don't know what all the whining was about or the nature of the "abuse" of spek was exactly. It's probably the same kind of abuse we see in PEEMs and in public responses though unless spek was somehow used very differently than other features.

Too bad, really. I don't have many opinions about how this place is run. But I do have an opinion about this. And I wish we had the option to have our spek back. Or the option to turn our spek off. It's all about choices really. And love. It's about love too. And beef jerky. Yeah, it's really all about beef jerky but love and choices are nice sometimes.

olevetonahill
9/10/2008, 06:52 PM
I loves My beef jerky:hot:
I can almost get as Kinky as an aggie :O

Scott D
9/10/2008, 07:08 PM
ScottD, thanks for that response.

I've seen lots of changes at sf.com over the years. Most have been improvements. I love the new arcade and casino stuff. I really enjoyed betting vcash (don't remember betting spek much if at all) and I obviously was a fan of the spek.

Yeah, it's not a big deal in my real life. But I come here to get away from that. It's not even a big deal with regard to Sooner Football, which is what brought me in the first place. But on the SO, the Fark boards, and some of the more subtle parts our our little online world in here it WAS a big enough deal that we have a front page worth of new threads that are all "on fire" with pages and pages of responses. Most of the responses are from a few of us (Curly, OV, Rus, and me) that want it back. Many more are from others who agree and a handful from those who don't agree. So, it's obviously not an insignificant deal that will go away if it's ignored long enough. It'll die down though, like the loss of vcash did. I don't know what happened there, maybe there was a week's worth of meltdowns while I was out of town or something.

I don't know what all the whining was about or the nature of the "abuse" of spek was exactly. It's probably the same kind of abuse we see in PEEMs and in public responses though unless spek was somehow used very differently than other features.

Too bad, really. I don't have many opinions about how this place is run. But I do have an opinion about this. And I wish we had the option to have our spek back. Or the option to turn our spek off. It's all about choices really. And love. It's about love too. And beef jerky. Yeah, it's really all about beef jerky but love and choices are nice sometimes.

I think what has amused me most about this entire thing is how many people are acting like that group of high schoolers that spent 3 years looking forward to "perks" like getting out of class 15 min early before lunch for lunch, and being first in line to get permits to park on the high school campus along with the choice lockers. Then when their senior year comes around, they find out that because of the various types of abuse the previous senior classes continually did year after year, the school has decided to change the policy because of it.

the abuses were more than likely personal attacks either on a poster or perhaps a family member. but, like I said before, the ones complaining about getting them were probably the same ones who didn't hesitate to give them in the same manner to others. you could point to a time where allegedly gdc went psycho with the negatives to horns..not so much the negs themselves, but rather the accompanying comments. Then there were the 'negspek' wars where two posters ran around basically giving negatives to each other constantly and repeatedly for no other reason than they didn't either like the other person, or didn't agree with what they may have said at one point.

maybe they'll find a way to make it more flexible in the future. but I sure wouldn't bet on the maturity level of posters increasing if they did. also, rus isn't happy unless he's either starting 20 threads about the same thing after a game, or bitching about something.

Blue
9/10/2008, 07:19 PM
I got onto PG in a thread. She negged me w/ a smartass comment. I hardly ever use the red spek. I returned it in kind w/ more than likely a vulgar response. I'm not proud of myself when I lose it(Which seems to be often lately). Spek is gone a day or so after. Was that the incident?

Just ban me and give the good peeps their spek back. Or it was something else?

Curly Bill
9/10/2008, 07:21 PM
I got onto PG in a thread. She negged me w/ a smartass comment. I hardly ever use the red spek. I returned it in kind w/ more than likely a vulgar response. I'm not proud of myself when I lose it(Which seems to be often lately). Spek is gone a day or so after. Was that the incident?

Like they'd bother to tell us commoners what really prompted an action on here. I mean beyond some vague far-reaching excuse.

Rogue
9/10/2008, 07:26 PM
Yeah, let's throw JCS under the bus and give the rest of us our spek back.

I doubt PG complained. She could take it and dish it out. It sounds like it must have been a bunch of spek complaints that piled up.

Blue
9/10/2008, 07:32 PM
I'm not blaming her I just hope somehow it wasn't my dumb comments that caused it. Sometimes I forget it's real people I get into it with on here. Real people that besides differing opinions on a message board I'm sure are good people in life.

I've solved it on my end. I just installed a breathalyser on my keyboard. Growing up is another option.

Curly Bill
9/10/2008, 07:34 PM
Yeah, let's throw JCS under the bus and give the rest of us our spek back.

Hell yeah!

Besides, he could always create a troll name and come back. In fact he'd have more say then, then he does now. ;)

Rogue
9/10/2008, 07:34 PM
Growing up is another option.

:les:Let's not do anything rash!

Curly Bill
9/10/2008, 07:35 PM
:les:Let's not do anything rash!

heh

Blue
9/10/2008, 07:36 PM
heh.

Rogue
9/10/2008, 07:37 PM
I'm like Peter Pan. Refuse to grow up and I might just have a tantrum soon.

Curly Bill
9/10/2008, 07:39 PM
I'm like Peter Pan. Refuse to grow up and I might just have a tantrum soon.

Tantrum? Why not a full-blown meltdown? :D

Stitch Face
9/10/2008, 08:01 PM
I got onto PG in a thread

Go on...

GottaHavePride
9/10/2008, 08:10 PM
I'm not blaming her I just hope somehow it wasn't my dumb comments that caused it.

Heh. I guarantee you PG didn't complain about your negspek, or pretty much any other she's ever received. She usually laughs about them.

Seriously, it was Phil's decision. As far as I know, no mods were agitating for spek to be removed, though a few of us had suggested (many months ago) that perhaps eliminating that feature of the board might solve a few problems.

stoopified
9/10/2008, 08:37 PM
Can ya bring back spek just for those who request it?

GottaHavePride
9/10/2008, 09:49 PM
I can't do anything about it either way - there's only about 3 people that both have the access and the knowledge to change those settings. I'm not one of them.

But to answer your question: I don't know. It might be possible to create separate usergroups so that one usergroup has spek enabled and the other (default) group has it disabled. Maybe.

However, even if it worked, it would be a pain in the *** for someone to manually sort all yew barstards into the right groups. And then, if anyone in that group got banned for any reason, the software would automatically dump you into the "no respek" usergroup when you got out of the hole.

I think...

So someone would probably have to go put you back into the "spek" usergroup.

Good luck talking Phil into THAT headache.

proud gonzo
9/10/2008, 10:40 PM

I'm not blaming her I just hope somehow it wasn't my dumb comments that caused it. Sometimes I forget it's real people I get into it with on here. Real people that besides differing opinions on a message board I'm sure are good people in life.

I've solved it on my end. I just installed a breathalyser on my keyboard. Growing up is another option.

it definitely wasn't that incident.

Besides, two negs is a pretty pathetic neg war attempt. ;)

r5TPsooner
9/10/2008, 11:46 PM
it definitely wasn't that incident.

Besides, two negs is a pretty pathetic neg war attempt. ;)

Indeed. We set the standard.

olevetonahill
9/10/2008, 11:49 PM

SPEK oh wait
HEH

Rogue
9/17/2008, 06:26 PM
<< It's right over there! :D :D

OU-HSV
9/17/2008, 07:43 PM
Yes! Happy for spek being back