PDA

View Full Version : Can't remember which thread it was but I bet a pizza that McCain would have lead

Big Red Ron
9/8/2008, 01:40 PM
after the conventions and then I think it was good ol' KC that said "pizza for everyone, cus I was wrong.

McCain has a 10 point lead in the latest Gallup poll and an average 4 point lead in the others combined.

Just giving it up to myself. :D

olevetonahill
9/8/2008, 01:46 PM
after the conventions and then I think it was good ol' KC that said "pizza for everyone, cus I was wrong.

McCain has a 10 point lead in the latest Gallup poll and an average 4 point lead in the others combined.

Good On ya
I said somewhere also that JSM would Win In a landslide .
So I gota awhile before I find out If im right :cool:

KC//CRIMSON
9/8/2008, 01:50 PM

You? Giving it up to yourself? Naw?

Because thus us the one that I just happened to see. I wasn't looking for polls. I would bet a pizza that McCain wikk have the kead after Palin and his speech are accounted for in the next polls.

Just for the record, the very next poll that came out after the speech/Palin was accounted for, your old man was still behind. And you know it.

Ron and facts have a long history of not liking each other.

Big Red Ron
9/8/2008, 01:50 PM
Good On ya
I said somewhere also that JSM would Win In a landslide .
So I gota awhile before I find out If im right :cool:Oh, I put a $100 bet out there for that. I think it was just for fun though, I wouldn't really make [you know who you are] pay up.

:D

Big Red Ron
9/8/2008, 01:52 PM

and just for the record, the very next poll that came out after the speech/Palin was accounted for, your old man was still behind. And you know it.

Ron and facts have a long history of not liking each other.My bet was after the convention, not after Palin. Facts and you seem to consistently be at odds.

r5TPsooner
9/8/2008, 01:53 PM
:pop:

Okla-homey
9/8/2008, 01:55 PM
I'm waiting til the second week of October to call it...but its sure looking like Obam-over.

Unless someone finds an amateur secks tape of Gov. Palin doing the crew of a west slope oil rig. Then, it'll be close and we could have 2000 all over again.

Big Red Ron
9/8/2008, 01:58 PM

I can't help the fact that I'm right so often. ;)

King Crimson
9/8/2008, 02:00 PM
i don't think it was me.

i don't remember betting anyone, anything....and i while i was on the board with a few whiskys under my belt a couple times in the last weeks i'm not that sold on Obama running away with this to go that way. i remember BRR throwing out the wager....but in the immortal word of Skynard, I ain't the one.

at least i don't think so.

r5TPsooner
9/8/2008, 02:00 PM
I'm waiting til the second week of October to call it...but its sure looking like Obam-over.

Unless someone finds an amateur secks tape of Gov. Palin doing the crew of a west slope oil rig. Then, it'll be close and we could have 2000 all over again.

No fears. That secks tape is locked up in my safe under lock and key. My wife unit doesn't even have the combination.

King Crimson
9/8/2008, 02:01 PM
Palin doing the crew of a west slope oil rig.

near as i can tell, that would only enhance her appeal 'round here. :D

KC//CRIMSON
9/8/2008, 02:01 PM
Big Red Ron - Because thus us the one that I just happened to see. I wasn't looking for polls. I would bet a pizza that McCain wikk have the kead after Palin and his speech are accounted for in the next polls.

Where does it say "convention?" Can't find it? Neither can I? What were you saying about facts again? I can't remember.

And McDesperate didn't move into any lead until yesterday, you know, three days and three polls later after the convention ended.

your baiting skills need some work.....

olevetonahill
9/8/2008, 02:02 PM
near as i can tell, that would only enhance her appeal 'round here. :D

Well Hell Yea.:hot:

soonerscuba
9/8/2008, 02:02 PM

I shant be making bold predictions other than the economy and the map favor Obama this time around.

I think that you misunderestimate the messiah's ability to rally money and votes.

r5TPsooner
9/8/2008, 02:03 PM
Where does it say "convention?" Can't find it? Neither can I? What were you saying about facts again? I can't remember.

And McDesperate didn't move into any lead until yesterday, you know, three days after the convention ended.

Try checking the date of the post with regards to the date of the post and date of the convention.

I'd do it myself but that's too much effort.

Just sayin.

olevetonahill
9/8/2008, 02:03 PM

And McDesperate didn't move into any lead until yesterday, you know, three days after the convention ended.

Now KC what thread ? Bump it and Let us all judge this . Im gettin Hungry fer Pizza.:pop:

KC//CRIMSON
9/8/2008, 02:29 PM
Look who disappeared.

Don't forget the breadsticks!

badger
9/8/2008, 02:32 PM
OH. MY. GAWWWWWD :mad: :mad:

Are you, or are not Sooner football fans? Have you, or have you not paid attention to Sooner football the past 10 or so years, or even more.

Do. Not. Ever. List. En. To. The. Polls. :mad: Baaad, Sooner fans. How. Dare. You. Speak. Of. The. Polls. :mad:

Now, because we are short on time here, please discipline yourself. The usual NCAA self-disciplinary measures will do. The NCAA will get back to you in 8-12 weeks to determine whether more punishing is necessary.

Civicus_Sooner
9/8/2008, 04:00 PM

And McDesperate didn't move into any lead until yesterday, you know, three days and three polls later after the convention ended.

your baiting skills need some work.....
Maybe I'm stupid but doesn't the convention end after "his speech?"

Looks like you're looking for a loophole.

Convention and the last speech of the convention seems pretty much like the same thing to me.

olevetonahill
9/8/2008, 04:10 PM
Heres the thread, Yall decide.:D
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2385756#post2385756

KC//CRIMSON
9/8/2008, 04:17 PM
Maybe I'm stupid but doesn't the convention end after "his speech?"

Looks like you're looking for a loophole.

Convention and the last speech of the convention seems pretty much like the same thing to me.

He said the next poll after the convention (which ended on Thursday.) Friday would be the next poll. Saturday which wasn't the next poll Obama was still in the lead. McCain didn't take the lead until Sunday, which wasn't the next poll. Are you following along yet?

Your bossman is looking for a loophole.

King Crimson
9/8/2008, 04:20 PM
pretty ambiguous as posted. though, i don't think a man should ever, EVER shemp on a bet made of pizza. or any bet; but pizza especially.

i saw a pole after the RNC that had Obama +8% and now he's -10%?

18% change did not happen in the last 3 days. admittedly, those are extremes...outliers....c'mon.

r5TPsooner
9/8/2008, 04:22 PM
How bout:

Ron buys the pizza and KC buys the beer?

Problem solved, teh win.

Getem
9/8/2008, 04:23 PM
In BRR's defense, he did say after "Palin and HIS speech", meaning McCain's. Add in that most of the polls are rolling 3 days, and that would make today's the first poll in which all the data is from after McCains speech on Thursday. A quote from the Gallup poll (showing McCain +5) right now:

These results are based on Sept. 5-7 interviewing, and are the first in which all interviews were conducted following the completion of the GOP convention. Immediately prior to the convention's Sept. 1 start, Aug. 29-31 interviewing showed McCain with 43% support among registered voters, compared with 49% today. Thus, Gallup credits McCain with a six-point convention bounce.

Tada.

olevetonahill
9/8/2008, 04:27 PM
How bout:

Ron buys the pizza and KC buys the beer?

Problem solved, teh win.

Yup then everyones happy But BRR and KC :D

KC//CRIMSON
9/8/2008, 04:30 PM
In BRR's defense, he did say after "Palin and HIS speech", meaning McCain's. Add in that most of the polls are rolling 3 days, and that would make today's the first poll in which all the data is from after McCains speech on Thursday. A quote from the Gallup poll (showing McCain +5) right now:

Tada.

The Gallup polls are daily and those are the ones we've been going by. Make no mistake, BRR meant the next poll as if Palin and McCain were turning the tide overnight. Besides, it's not like were talking about a real bet anyway.

Tada!

olevetonahill
9/8/2008, 04:34 PM
The Gallup polls are daily and those are the ones we've been going by. Make no mistake, BRR meant the next poll as Palin and McCain were turning the tide overnight. Besides, it's not like were talking about a real bet anyway.

Tada!

Dayum , I was looking forward to Free Pizza and beer.:mad:

r5TPsooner
9/8/2008, 04:39 PM
Yup then everyones happy But BRR and KC :D

I'm all about sacrifices.

Getem
9/8/2008, 04:41 PM
The Gallup polls are daily and those are the ones we've been going by. Make no mistake, BRR meant the next poll as if Palin and McCain were turning the tide overnight. Besides, it's not like were talking about a real bet anyway.

Tada!

Huh, Gallup seems to think they are a rolling 3 days. But what do they know? And BRR said "after Palin and his speech are accounted for in the next polls." Which wouldn't be until a full 3 days after McCains speech. The poll on Saturday would only include 1 day of data after McCains speech, and 2 days before.

KC//CRIMSON
9/8/2008, 04:48 PM
Huh, Gallup seems to think they are a rolling 3 days. But what do they know? And BRR said "after Palin and his speech are accounted for in the next polls." Which wouldn't be until a full 3 days after McCains speech. The poll on Saturday would only include 1 day of data after McCains speech, and 2 days before.

Man, you REALLY want that pizza.

Getem
9/8/2008, 05:00 PM
Naw, I'm just energized. You know, like the bunny.

picasso
9/8/2008, 05:47 PM

don't forget that there electoral college thing there Homio. he could win that and lose the popular vote.

I have no idea. It will be tight unless something drastic happens betwixt now and then.

Big Red Ron
9/8/2008, 07:13 PM
Look who disappeared.

Don't forget the breadsticks!
Fail.

lol, some of us have real jobs that prevent us from being on here all effin day.

Thanks for doing being my research monkey. If you want to split hairs between after "his speech" and after the convention go ahead. Point was, at the time people were talking about the little bounce after Palin's speech and I was saying, after his (i.e. after the convention) they would be in the lead.

Guess what, they are.

KC//CRIMSON
9/8/2008, 07:20 PM
Fail.

lol, some of us have real jobs that prevent us from being on here all effin day.

Thanks for doing being my research monkey. If you want to split hairs between after "his speech" and after the convention go ahead. Point was, at the time people were talking about the little bounce after Palin's speech and I was saying, after his (i.e. after the convention) they would be in the lead.

Guess what, they are.

Whatev.

Maybe you and your polling company can start a new poll and see who gives a ****.

Big Red Ron
9/8/2008, 07:26 PM
Whatev.

Maybe you and your polling company can start a new poll and see who gives a ****.
lol, I only do polls that people pay for but I can tell you one thing for sure, you do or you wouldn't be arguing over it.

Plus, you just hate me, so when I'm right, especially in the context of your boy going down for POTUS...

lol

KC//CRIMSON
9/8/2008, 07:40 PM
lol, I only do polls that people pay for but I can tell you one thing for sure, you do or you wouldn't be arguing over it.

Plus, you just hate me, so when I'm right, especially in the context of your boy going down for POTUS...

lol

A bit of political banter never hurt anybody. Oh, I see what's going on here. Big Red Ron is actually Jesus. Ha! Good one.

Mixer!
9/8/2008, 07:49 PM
Can we get a mod to re-name this the "TOTAL! DOMINANCE! THREAD!", pretty please?

KC//CRIMSON
9/8/2008, 07:51 PM
Can we get a mod to re-name this the "TOTAL! DOMINANCE! THREAD!", pretty please?

PATHETIC HUMAN BEING!

Mixer!
9/8/2008, 08:09 PM
PATHETIC HUMAN BEING!

Is that a suggestion for the new thread title, or a response to my post?

Big Red Ron
9/8/2008, 09:33 PM
Can we get a mod to re-name this the "TOTAL! DOMINANCE! THREAD!", pretty please?Well, I was using a Trabor phrase so, it would be appropriate to re name it that but KC clearly got Pwn3d.

Kinda like this...

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/2787/11682eb3.jpg

KC//CRIMSON
9/8/2008, 09:45 PM
Well, I was using a Trabor phrase so, it would be appropriate to re name it that but KC clearly got Pwn3d.

Kinda like this...

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/2787/11682eb3.jpg

Polling Jesus knows how to post pics! Hallelujah!