PDA

View Full Version : Next weeks Refs?

soonersam
9/8/2008, 12:36 PM
Has the Pac 10 changed their policy that only Pac10 officials in games played in Pac10 stadiums? If so I'm guessing UDub will get a couple make up calls for the terrible unsportsmanlike call at the end of the BYU game. Or could we get a few make ups for the Oregon melt-down. Either way I'm expecting some terrible officiating like only the Pac10 can provide.

Not enough to make a difference OU rolls and TY starts updating his resume!!

OU 52
Wash 10

OKLA21FAN
9/8/2008, 12:39 PM
Not enough to make a difference OU rolls

OU 52
Wash 10

if it should make no difference, then why bring it up? :gary:

AlbqSooner
9/8/2008, 05:23 PM
if it should make no difference, then why bring it up? :gary:

Might be a budding sports commentator there. ;)

bri
9/8/2008, 05:26 PM
I always love it when people actually complain about officiating by conference. Officiating sucks everywhere.

snp
9/8/2008, 05:26 PM
Has the Pac 10 changed their policy that only Pac10 officials in games played in Pac10 stadiums?

Nope.

Plus, we got Big 12 refs when they came here.

Remembering Tom Stidham
9/8/2008, 05:31 PM
Who is televising the Washington game?

bri
9/8/2008, 05:34 PM
ESPN, 6:45pm Central.

birddog
9/8/2008, 05:36 PM
Has the Pac 10 changed their policy that only Pac10 officials in games played in Pac10 stadiums? If so I'm guessing UDub will get a couple make up calls for the terrible unsportsmanlike call at the end of the BYU game. Or could we get a few make ups for the Oregon melt-down. Either way I'm expecting some terrible officiating like only the Pac10 can provide.

Not enough to make a difference OU rolls and TY starts updating his resume!!

OU 52
Wash 10

someone needs to tell the refs they're not supposed to screw over the home team huskies like they did last weekend then.

birddog
9/8/2008, 05:37 PM
ESPN, 6:45pm Central.

sweet. a saturday night game on espn. that's pretty rare for us.

bri
9/8/2008, 05:48 PM
I think the last one we had was the "fake punt" game at 'Bama. Hopefully this one is less exciting due to excessive *ss-kickery by us. :D

AlbqSooner
9/8/2008, 05:51 PM
I think the last one we had was the "fake punt" game at 'Bama. Hopefully this one is less exciting due to excessive *ss-kickery by us. :D

I agree as long as the *ss-kickery doesn't get so out of hand that they switch to some other Farking game! :mad:

aurorasooner
9/8/2008, 05:51 PM
Not enough to make a difference OU rolls
OU 52
Wash 10 I sure hope you're right. If Washington upsets us on national TV, it will be a huge embarrassing loss probably more embarrassing than the Colorado loss last year or either of the last 2 BCS bowls. The Washington press is talking like UW has to win this game Saturday night or they won't have chance to get 6 wins and make a bowl game, and if they don't Willingham won't be back next year. The UW coaches & players have their backs to the wall and this is our 1st road game this year so if our guys take this game as a given, then I wouldn't be surprised if it's a dogfight thru the 3rd quarter. This is a no-win situation for us. If we win by 30 it's expected, & if we win by 2 TDs it'll look lame. After the last 2 BCS bowl fiascos, an upset in Seattle to a team that got crushed by Oregon & who lost to BYU would be a disaster.
SEATTLE — Repeatedly stuck watching his teams at Washington fall short, coach Tyrone Willingham may find the latest setback the toughest of all.
It could eventually be the difference between a contract extension and coaching unemployment come December. The 28-27 loss on Saturday to No. 18 Brigham Young was as ulcer-inducing as they come for the Huskies and only added more fuel to the fan dissent burning under Willingham for his inability to resurrect the Huskies’ program. Yet stability isn’t satisfactory for fans and boosters who cite Willingham’s 11-27 record. The Huskies have been close to landmark wins on numerous occasions, only to fall short in the second half or fourth quarter. When Willingham was retained for a fourth season in December, no ultimatum was issued by university president Mark A. Emmert, but the unspoken expectation was that Willingham would get the Huskies to a bowl game in 2008 or likely would not return for a fifth year.

With the stunning conclusion on Saturday, the Huskies face a difficult road to achieve the six wins necessary to be eligible for a bowl game. After hosting the Sooners, Washington has road games at Southern Cal, Arizona and California, and host Arizona State, UCLA and Notre Dame.

birddog
9/8/2008, 05:53 PM
I agree as long as the *ss-kickery doesn't get so out of hand that they switch to some other Farking game! :mad:

i'm pretty sure espn never switches. could be wrong though.

bri
9/8/2008, 05:54 PM

That's the beautiful thing about being on ESPN; there's no "other" game to switch you to. ;)

Breadburner
9/8/2008, 06:03 PM
Not to hi-jack this thread...Does anyone have an opinion on the Ryan Reynolds forced fumble that we recovered and was given back to Cincy.....

The VIIIth
9/8/2008, 06:29 PM
i'm pretty sure espn never switches. could be wrong though.

That's a great point, they may switch to a Lou Holtz soliloquy on notre dame for 5 minutes, but never to another game.

PrideAlum
9/8/2008, 07:43 PM
So, if you're betting the game consider that the sooners will have to score more than 35 to cover. Line is Wash +20 add another +7 for home field +27. Then add another +7 for Referee Home cooking. Total of +34 to overcome.

snp
9/8/2008, 07:46 PM
Not to hi-jack this thread...Does anyone have an opinion on the Ryan Reynolds forced fumble that we recovered and was given back to Cincy.....

Dumb rule but the play was called correctly. Receiver touched the ball when he was out of bounds, the play is dead.

OU_Sooners75
9/9/2008, 02:11 AM
So, if you're betting the game consider that the sooners will have to score more than 35 to cover. Line is Wash +20 add another +7 for home field +27. Then add another +7 for Referee Home cooking. Total of +34 to overcome.

I am pretty sure the best PAC-10 crew will be officiating this game. There is no way the PAC0-10 wants to screw up any other chances to play OU on the West Coast.

I think the Big 12, especially OU, made it clear after the OU/Oregon fiasco that if the officiating in the PAC-10 shows any more bias, then they will sever some future contracts with the PAC-10 schools outside of Bowl games. Until the PAC-10 changes their stance on the interconference games when it comes to officials.

I would not be surprised one bit if OU gets a little favoritism from the officiating crew in this one.

KingBarry
9/9/2008, 02:49 AM
I always love it when people actually complain about officiating by conference. Officiating sucks everywhere.

Ten years ago, if anyone had made a post like that, I would have just dismissed him. But I gotta say, I think officiating has just gone down the toilet.

Honestly, I thought the Big 8 refs were much better.

I remember how the officials just sucked the Big XIIs first year, and I kind of thought, well, we have got to merge the officials from both of the two old leagues and they have to work out some wrinkles.

It will get better. But it has not, and it seems just as bad elsewhere.

That screw job at Texas Tech was just the most disgraceful display I had ever seen, and I never thought in my whole life I would see something like that again.

Then we had Oregon.

KingBarry
9/9/2008, 02:54 AM
I think the Big 12, especially OU, made it clear after the OU/Oregon fiasco that if the officiating in the PAC-10 shows any more bias, then they will sever some future contracts with the PAC-10 schools outside of Bowl games. Until the PAC-10 changes their stance on the interconference games when it comes to officials.

I would not be surprised one bit if OU gets a little favoritism from the officiating crew in this one.

I hope you are right on both counts.

OU_Sooners75
9/9/2008, 03:14 AM
I hope you are right on both counts.

The Okie State/WSU game was reffed pretty fairly.

I wouldn't suspect anything less for this game.

As long as we come out and take control of the game early on, we should not worry about it. However, if we allow Washingotn to hang around, then we would.

We need to play our game and not worry about the refs. We should not give the refs a chance to screw us over.

FWIW, the refs got the call correct in the game between UW and BYU.

Stupid rule, but it was Locker that broke the rule.

swardboy
9/9/2008, 06:02 AM
I was very glad to see all our post-touchdown celebrations see the ball handed or tossed to the referees. Bob may have really drilled this into our kids brains.

Barry Sanders was always classy in my book for getting the ball to the ref after every touchdown.

sooneron
9/9/2008, 07:59 AM
Officiating may be horrible everywhere, but the pac 10 refs are taking it to a whole new level. The y take the crappiest refs and put them IN CHARGE of other refs. Brilliant!

I think we hit the huskies-
45-13