PDA

View Full Version : ABC SUX

humblesooner
9/8/2008, 10:03 AM
For those of you in Oklahoma, it sounds like you got the whole game. Those of us in other parts of the country (Houston) only got the first three quarters.
I can't stand when ABC changes to "a more competive game".

Dear ABC,
If I wanted to see a more competitive game, I wouls subscribe to Game Plan and watch the more competitive game.

We had Game Plan a few years back and the problem is that, even though the OU game is carried by Game Plan, if it is the primary ABC game in your area and ABC decides to go to another game, you CAN NOT watch the rest of the OU game on Game Plan.

I wish we would NEVER have another game shown on ABC.

On top of all that, ABC still is not showing all of their games in HD. They own the premier Sports Broadcasting company (supposedly) in the world and still are not showing all major events in HD.

r5TPsooner
9/8/2008, 10:06 AM
What gets me is that if we play on Fox Net, we're in HD.

I'd rather be on Fox the rest of the way. At least ESPN gives us the feed in HD against UW.

JohnnyMack
9/8/2008, 10:10 AM
ABCs lack of HD broadcasts for their games is a joke. The Big XII deserves better service.

Taxman71
9/8/2008, 10:10 AM
I am awed by the fact that ABC even owns non-HD cameras, etc. It is freakin' September of 2008! PBS shows some dumb kid show in HD every morning, but we watch the #4 team against a BCS conference foe in SD....not to mention everyone has an HDTV now which makes SD look worse than it did on my 1989 Goldstar 20 inch.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/8/2008, 10:22 AM
I was visiting some friends in Colorado and lost the game in the third quarter. Sucked. Thank you ABC!!!! YOU SUCK!

manida
9/8/2008, 10:33 AM
yeah, only 3 qtrs were shown here in Albuquerque------pissed!

Getem
9/8/2008, 10:42 AM
Besides the lack of HD, their SD is as bad as I've seen. High school games on local networks have better PQ. And it wasn't just Cox compressing the signal, I was watching the OTA digital feed.

Mac94
9/8/2008, 10:44 AM
We lost the 4th Quarter in Austin, TX, too.

Hot Rod
9/8/2008, 10:59 AM
I don't know if some of you watched the highlights on sportscenter, but the highlights were in HD. Go figure.

soonermix
9/8/2008, 11:07 AM
and on espn 360 the OU game was blacked out... i was so angry i almost needed a new tv... luckily i didn't have anything good to throw close by

somebody needs to get punched in the stomach for that decision...

olevetonahill
9/8/2008, 11:12 AM
I just Noticed ! Its nOObs and Libs doing the Bitchin :P
the rest of us figured this out years ago.:D

IowaSooner26
9/8/2008, 11:13 AM
and on espn 360 the OU game was blacked out.

Where did you have that problem? I opened up espn360 loaded the game then hooked my 'puter up to my tv and viola 4th quarter in home. Although the picture was crap at least I got to watch it. That was in Southwest Iowa.

TexasLidig8r
9/8/2008, 11:17 AM
WAIT!

Doesn't ABC own ESPN?

And.. doesn't ESPN have a well known bias. .nay.. HATRED .. against OU?

Coincidence? I think not!

ABC conspired with the talking heads at ESPN to turn away from the OU game with the hopes that fewer people would watch the game, hoping that OU would receive fewer votes in the AP poll.

It's a conspiracy I tell you!

humblesooner
9/8/2008, 11:31 AM
I just Noticed ! Its nOObs and Libs doing the Bitchin :P
the rest of us figured this out years ago.:D

Actually, I'm only a nOOb in posting. I've been around these boards for 10+ years.
And I'm not just now figuring it out, I'm jest blowing out again.
Being in Oklahoma, you get the whole game. Heck, you even get to see it recorded if you went to the game.
No such luck here. What I don't understand is why ABC doesn't look in to picture-in-picture technology and let us see the game we wanted to begin with.
Or, at least let us buy the game on Game Plan and watch the end of it if we want to.

Even though you are making fun of us (and yes I did see the :D ), you have to hope that we never have a game televised by ABC, too.
Will they be 100% HD by the 22nd century?

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/8/2008, 11:38 AM
3 1/2 quarters in South Texas as well. It sucked!!!

sooner518
9/8/2008, 12:05 PM
I wish I could get ESPN 360, but apparently they dont get along with Comcast. Im not sure why that has any relevance to a digital stream over the internets, but it does.

Anyone want to provide me with a way to get ESPN360 and I will gladly spek you. :D

Laelaface
9/8/2008, 12:13 PM
Look I'm in Okc and the last minute or two just froze on me, have dish. Had audio problems sporadically throughout the game. I was F#$^in floored when I saw it was in SD. So, sorry to hear people lost it, but man that sucks it was in SD. I got the TV I have for games man!!!! Where is the love?

Mac94
9/8/2008, 12:24 PM
Lidig -

It's the same ol BOMC!!! ;)

olevetonahill
9/8/2008, 12:26 PM
Actually, I'm only a nOOb in posting. I've been around these boards for 10+ years.
And I'm not just now figuring it out, I'm jest blowing out again.
Being in Oklahoma, you get the whole game. Heck, you even get to see it recorded if you went to the game.
No such luck here. What I don't understand is why ABC doesn't look in to picture-in-picture technology and let us see the game we wanted to begin with.
Or, at least let us buy the game on Game Plan and watch the end of it if we want to.

Even though you are making fun of us (and yes I did see the :D ), you have to hope that we never have a game televised by ABC, too.
Will they be 100% HD by the 22nd century?

Thats My jorb to make fun :D
And yer right I h8 Abc with a passion , Befor I got Tulsa Networks I was in the same Boat.
If you have Dish or Drect. theres No reason to NOT get In state Locals .
Just sayin

CK Sooner
9/8/2008, 12:47 PM
WAIT!

Doesn't ABC own ESPN?

And.. doesn't ESPN have a well known bias. .nay.. HATRED .. against OU?

Coincidence? I think not!

ABC conspired with the talking heads at ESPN to turn away from the OU game with the hopes that fewer people would watch the game, hoping that OU would receive fewer votes in the AP poll.

It's a conspiracy I tell you!

Texas Sucks

olevetonahill
9/8/2008, 01:05 PM
saxet Sucks
And so does lid :D
Oh and Fixed;)

deweydw
9/8/2008, 01:14 PM
ABC does this every year they broadcast an OU game. They did this a couple times last year. I hopped in my car and listened on the radio and went and got a Whatachicken meal. :chicken:

My vote: ABC sux....

The Washinton game will be on ESPN. So when we're up by 35 at the end of the 3rd quater. They'll be looking for another game.

humblesooner
9/8/2008, 01:23 PM
Thats My jorb to make fun :D
And yer right I h8 Abc with a passion , Befor I got Tulsa Networks I was in the same Boat.
If you have Dish or Drect. theres No reason to NOT get In state Locals .
Just sayin

We tried the Dish once when cable sucked. I had to watch the Hollis Price Final Four game with rabbit ears because it was raining in Houston that night. The day my one year contract expired, I turned it off and went back to cable. While I was on dish, cable replaced all the lines in our area with fiber optics - underground. The only time our cable has gone out since was during Hurricane Rita. But then I didn't have electricity, so I never knew.

I think the simple answer is for ABC to stop carrying any games. They have enough ESPN's to carry every game every weekend anyway.

As I titled this thread - ABC SUX.

SOFSooner
9/8/2008, 01:25 PM
Imagine finding out that AFN (Armed Forces Network) will be showing my favorite team in the universe, starting the game at 2130 hours and going through 3 quarters only to have the numbnuts think that I want to watch a football team from North Carolina and Mississippi play. I was saying a few #*@! at the producers who thought that brilliant play up. There are few things to enjoy here in Kosovo, you would think that I could watch a whole OU game without someone making a stupid move like that. I have a whole base of Missouri fans here (the NG unit is from Missouri) and they think that Missouri actually won last year. Hopefully I will get to watch more OU football this year. BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!

olevetonahill
9/8/2008, 01:27 PM
We tried the Dish once when cable sucked. I had to watch the Hollis Price Final Four game with rabbit ears because it was raining in Houston that night. The day my one year contract expired, I turned it off and went back to cable. While I was on dish, cable replaced all the lines in our area with fiber optics - underground. The only time our cable has gone out since was during Hurricane Rita. But then I didn't have electricity, so I never knew.

I think the simple answer is for ABC to stop carrying any games. They have enough ESPN's to carry every game every weekend anyway.

As I titled this thread - ABC SUX.

Like I said I H8 abc also to.;)
But I dont watch Tee Vee much Just the OU games so I got Sat. Course I live in the Boonies. so Its My only Choice . Ive never Lost signal for More than Maybe 30 Minutes in the worst storms .

KsSooner
9/8/2008, 01:35 PM
In Wichita the announcers said that they would be going to the other game but after the commercial we still had OU. First time they haven't switched games, last year they did.

OUrules
9/8/2008, 02:17 PM
I was on DirecTV with Gameplan. They were showing the Penn State game locally (Fla.), so I lucked out and got the whole game. Missed the last 45 seconds though cause I had to Tivo it. Damn it a lot of crap happened in that last 45 seconds!! I needed to set it to go longer but forgot....never again..