PDA

View Full Version : What if ... Ryan Broyles

anglachel
9/7/2008, 09:31 PM
What if Ryan hadn't been suspended last season? Would the spark he adds to our offense have been enough to get us a win at either CU or TT? If we had won either of those games, we'd have played OSU for all the marbles.

OUmillenium
9/7/2008, 09:33 PM
no

bluedogok
9/7/2008, 09:37 PM
Suspension or not, wasn't Broyles pretty much redshirted last season because of the WR talent already on the team? I didn't think it was in the plans for him to play last season even before the gas incident.

A fully committed Malcolm Kelly would have helped. If only he would have had Mark Clayton's attitude and work ethic to go along with that ability.

anglachel
9/7/2008, 09:40 PM
According to the coaches, he was the only true freshman expected to play last year. He wasn't expected to start or anything, but he was expected to play. If he had come out last year like Saturday, he would've earned significant time.

I'm not making a case for my hypothesis, just posing the question seems interesting.

sooner59
9/7/2008, 09:59 PM
If a frog had wings it wouldn't bump it's butt on the ground every time it jumped. Would he have made a difference? We will never know. But he screwed up and it didn't happen. But its a new season and he is here now, so let's hope he learned his lesson and he continues to make big plays and save us in tough situations like he did Saturday.

JLEW1818
9/7/2008, 10:01 PM
M Kelly was there. Then Iggy then Manny , JG

JohnnyMack
9/7/2008, 10:07 PM
I'm not making a case for my hypothesis

No, no you're not.

soonerhubs
9/7/2008, 10:15 PM
Well according to the General Systems perspective, the pattern of Broyles' not stealing gas would have recursed up to a concept of the team not losing Sam or DeMarco in Lubbock. This process would have led to OU being convinced of their greatness in which we would have lost the Big 12 championship game. As a side note, a random Toad, named Leopold, in Pakistan would have lived another 5 days.

Posting while studying the "Aesthetics of Change"= Not a good pattern. :D

KingBarry
9/7/2008, 10:20 PM
Why are you guys so hard on anglachel?

That is a very reasonable supposition. Broyles is a dynamic playmaker. Of course we will never know what he would have added to the 07 Sooners, but he may well have brought some life to a team that just suffered some `flatness`for unexplained reasons, from time to time.

Consider how tantalizingly close the Sooners were to the BCS Championship last year. Then consider that there is only one other school out there that suffers from the same BCS-bowl doldrums that we do, and that that school would have been our opponent.

Yeah, one player might have made the difference last year.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/7/2008, 10:25 PM
I didn't read a post hard on the poster..just most don't agree with him..how many games has broyles played in anyway...i know the answer but it seems like most talk about him like he's played a season...

Curly Bill
9/7/2008, 10:27 PM
I didn't read a post hard on the poster..just most don't agree with him..how many games has broyles played in anyway...i know the answer but it seems like most talk about him like he's played a season...

Yeah, but if we'd had him last year we could have won the Super Bowl...

...and the World Series. :P

CK Sooner
9/7/2008, 10:30 PM
Yeah, but if we'd had him last year we could have won the Super Bowl...

...and the World Series. :P

The Giants would of had NO chance.

On that note. I always thought it would be awesome to scrimmage a pro team I know we would get destroyed, but it would be sweet. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
9/7/2008, 10:35 PM
he probably has the cure for cancer as well

Curly Bill
9/7/2008, 10:36 PM
he probably has the cure for cancer as well

Fantastic, and I also heard he has a plan for energy independence.

adoniijahsooner
9/7/2008, 11:22 PM
How bout, what if Broyles plays the rest of this year the way he did saturday; do we score under 40 all year?

CK Sooner
9/7/2008, 11:25 PM
How bout, what if Broyles plays the rest of this year the way he did saturday; do we score under 40 all year?

Most likely over.

It depends if everyone else plays good.

swardboy
9/8/2008, 07:23 AM
Ugh...the TT game. Don't fumble......

swardboy
9/8/2008, 07:48 AM
Ugh...the CU game. Don't fumble....

stoops the eternal pimp
9/8/2008, 08:03 AM
What if Ryan Broyles was one of us?

RacerX
9/8/2008, 08:52 AM
WWRBD?

stoops the eternal pimp
9/8/2008, 08:58 AM
"Ask not what Ryan Broyles can do for you...but what you can do for Ryan Broyles."

JohnnyMack
9/8/2008, 09:27 AM
Fantastic, and I also heard he has a plan for energy independence.

Yeah, he just steals it. :D

boomersooner28
9/8/2008, 10:09 AM
What if....Tom Brady (before he was broken) was our QB last year, we had the Dallas Cowboys offensive line, AD in the backfield, Randy Moss and TO at WR, Tony Gonzalez at TE, and the Steelers Defense? What could have been. :rolleyes:

anglachel
9/8/2008, 10:45 AM
Sheer comedy genius. Which of you is Jerry Seinfeld?

I remember now why I don't post often.

soonerhubs
9/8/2008, 10:52 AM

Relax. It's just a little humor, and Jerry is too busy making not funny commercials for Microsoft.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/8/2008, 10:57 AM
I bet Ryan Broyles can tell a good joke

stoops the eternal pimp
9/8/2008, 12:26 PM
This just in..Ryan Broyles has declared Ben Mauk eligible for the 2008 season

boomersooner28
9/8/2008, 12:39 PM

Sorry. Yes we can be assheads. :)

Jimminy Crimson
9/8/2008, 12:55 PM
Bumping Broyles down to the next class (aka this year) might help us in the long run.

Stealing gas = blessing in disguise? :confused:

CK Sooner
9/8/2008, 12:55 PM
Bumping Broyles down to the next class (aka this year) might help us in the long run.

Stealing gas = blessing in disguise? :confused:

I guess it was.