PDA

View Full Version : Cincy = classless

soonersam
9/7/2008, 07:36 PM
The statue of liberty play and the time out to score at the end pissed me off. Then going for 2 really showed his team how important it is not to lose by 26. I'm sure Bob loved walking out to mid field 20 different times.

After the Statue of Liberty Play, I'm glad we blew them out!!!!!

birddog
9/7/2008, 07:37 PM
here we go again!

AzianSooner
9/7/2008, 07:38 PM
They have freedom to do whatever they want. We WON!

swardboy
9/7/2008, 07:40 PM
C'mon now...didn't you feel good seeing us stop the Statue? Admit it.....

Curly Bill
9/7/2008, 07:41 PM
Another ridiculous post about getting our feelers hurt because they had the audacity to run the Statue of Liberty.

soonersam
9/7/2008, 07:42 PM
was good not to see 6 points on it......

"Looks like your going to have a sell out today Bob"

Ardmore_Sooner
9/7/2008, 07:44 PM
I sure hope we never run any type of trick play ever again. We might offend somebody.

Fake punt vs KSU 2001
Fake field goal @ Mizzou 2002
Fake punt @ Bama 2003

We sure were classless at those games too huh?

Curly Bill
9/7/2008, 07:47 PM
I think from here on out we should request a list of the plays our opponent might run. Any we don't approve of, well...they can't run them.

CK Sooner
9/7/2008, 07:47 PM
was good not to see 6 points on it......

:confused:

Ardmore_Sooner
9/7/2008, 07:48 PM
I think from here on out we should request a list of the plays our opponent might run. Any we don't approve of, well...they can't run them.

Nothing but isos and tosses from now on. I like it, it'll make the games that much quicker!

Jeronimo
9/7/2008, 07:49 PM
i thought the end of the game, the clocked stopped because UC got a first down. if i remember right, the clock stops for first downs, doesnt it? i dont think they called timeout. I may be wrong though. I'll have to watch the replay.

if it was a result of a 1st down, then why not go for a another play? switch the tables and ask yourself. I dont know if Bob would worry about it, but you still got a play, you still got a play. might as well try.

besides, OU won by 26. sheesh, what the hell else do you guys want?

Curly Bill
9/7/2008, 07:49 PM
Nothing but isos and tosses from now on. I like it, it'll make the games that much quicker!

Before you go too far we better go back and check to make sure no one's ever scored on us using those plays. If so it could bring up all kinds of bad memories. :D

CK Sooner
9/7/2008, 07:50 PM
I feel bad for the guy who started this thread. :D

Ardmore_Sooner
9/7/2008, 07:52 PM
Before you go too far we better go back and check to make sure no one's ever scored on us using those plays. If so it could bring up all kinds of bad memories. :D

That means no more field goals either. Or safeties, so that means no more defense!

tommieharris91
9/7/2008, 07:52 PM

We should never use the forward pass again.

royalfan5
9/7/2008, 07:53 PM
After watching Nebraska last year, I get pissed every time the other team runs a play. Just so much potential for hurting the feelings of Husker fans. Dives, traps, 5 yard outs, etc,.

badger
9/7/2008, 07:59 PM
An effort to get on Sportscenter, because if it succeeded, it definitely would have... of course, they could have just planned to run a 97 yard kickoff return back for a TD and avoid the Statue altogether, but you have to give them credit for trying!

...and credit our defense even more for sticking with assignments and tackling that shizzle for a loss :D

r5TPsooner
9/7/2008, 08:00 PM
The statue of liberty play and the time out to score at the end pissed me off. Then going for 2 really showed his team how important it is not to lose by 26. I'm sure Bob loved walking out to mid field 20 different times.

After the Statue of Liberty Play, I'm glad we blew them out!!!!!

:rolleyes:

:pop:

bluedogok
9/7/2008, 08:14 PM
It might help to learn to read through the posts before starting new threads....sometimes the thread topics do not match the discussion going on.
This subject has been sufficiently beaten....http://forum.austinrat.org/images/smiles/deadhorse.gif

Cincy coach claiming we were twisting QBs broken ankle (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119428)

SoonerObsession
9/7/2008, 09:34 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about how dirty they were playing. Seemed to me like they were constantly trying to pick a fight and mouth off at our players.

Breadburner
9/7/2008, 09:37 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about how dirty they were playing. Seemed to me like they were constantly trying to pick a fight and mouth off at our players.

I thought the exact same thing.....

olevetonahill
9/7/2008, 09:44 PM
i thought the end of the game, the clocked stopped because UC got a first down. if i remember right, the clock stops for first downs, doesnt it? i dont think they called timeout. I may be wrong though. I'll have to watch the replay.

if it was a result of a 1st down, then why not go for a another play? switch the tables and ask yourself. I dont know if Bob would worry about it, but you still got a play, you still got a play. might as well try.

besides, OU won by 26. sheesh, what the hell else do you guys want?

It was from a 1st down they Put 3 seconds back on the clock . I thot they shoulda put 4 But I aint a Zebra;)

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/7/2008, 09:50 PM
/On thread topic

I was watching the game while Mr. Gal was making popcorn or something and I said, "Whoooa!" and he said "What?" and I said "That guy just bitch-slapped our player right in front of the ref!!!!" This was in the first half of the game as I recall. And the first of those personal foul penalties.

yep, classless. /as you were

soonerhubs
9/7/2008, 09:59 PM
It feels nice to see Harris and Dvoracek side by side again. I didn't see a thread for it, and since this was a repeat topic from earlier today, I thought I'd give the thread a purpose. :D

goingoneight
9/7/2008, 10:38 PM
I sure hope we never run any type of trick play ever again. We might offend somebody.

Fake punt vs KSU 2001
Fake field goal @ Mizzou 2002
Fake punt @ Bama 2003

We sure were classless at those games too huh?

I tell you, Nebraska sure was offended when Garrett Hartley took the fake FG for a first down at Lincoln a few years back. Bob Stoops must be classless, too then, eh?

Sooner98
9/7/2008, 11:01 PM
OMG how dare they try to score points on us!! Don't they know that it is completely classless for anyone to use trick plays against OU, or to try and score a meaningless touchdown against us, even though they are losing?? This won't be forgotten when we visit them in 2010!!!11!!eleven!!!11@!1 :mad: :mad: :mad:

aurorasooner
9/8/2008, 09:27 AM
The impression I got was that Cincy came in Norman not only with a good game-plan but with the attitude that they weren't going to be pushed around & they were doing everything they could extra to intimidate us & they finally pizzed us off. I watched the DVR replay yesterday (until ABC pulled their usual "bonass coverage") & there were extra head pushes, leg pulls, leg twists all over the place. Overall a very good physical OOC prep game for Big 12 conference play, as we'll be in the same situations on the road next week in Seattle, & especially with K-State in the Rotten-Apple , as well as with Muschamp's Texass D, with aTm on the road, & possibly with the Aggies in Stoolwater.
It'll be interesting to see if we play well on the road next week, & hopefully we won't play like cheet as we did last year in Boulder. Udub is going to be pizzed-off all week after the way that game ended Saturday as if they needed another reason to be emotionally sky-high to play us in Seattle. Our players will need to keep their heads together next week, as the PAC-10 refs will be looking for any legit excuse to flag us for retaliation. (I guess the PAC-10 is still screwing visiting teams over by having only local conference zebra crews). Hopefully, we'll get a quality or at least a halfway decent and fair PAC-10 crew to call this game so it won't be a repeat of the cheatin' fiasco at Whoregon.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/8/2008, 09:29 AM

Bob should have said "YEah thats unusal."

Jeronimo
9/8/2008, 10:39 AM
It was from a 1st down they Put 3 seconds back on the clock . I thot they shoulda put 4 But I aint a Zebra;)

lol, i figured he might not be so mad if he knew what was really going on.

bonkuba
9/8/2008, 02:04 PM
It feels nice to see Harris and Dvoracek side by side again. I didn't see a thread for it, and since this was a repeat topic from earlier today, I thought I'd give the thread a purpose. :D

Heh.....spek!:D

......and yes it did look good last night. Dusty still has the running mascara look :eek: :D

85sooners
9/8/2008, 02:10 PM
After watching Nebraska last year, I get pissed every time the other team runs a play. Just so much potential for hurting the feelings of Husker fans. Dives, traps, 5 yard outs, etc,.lol

badger
9/8/2008, 02:27 PM
Hmm... Nebrasky... positive... thoughts...

Here you go! Nebraska has the all-time active Football Bowl Subdivision winningest percentage-wise coach! 1.000! 100 percent wins!

The closest? THREE losses outta Boise State from that Pederson dude. That would take Pelini THREE WEEKS to botch in order to equal, which probably won't happen, given the streak he's going at now. After that? Pete Carroll, with an incredible 14 loses! It would take Bo Pelini more than one season to accumulate that many losses!

He is has an astounding 100 percent record in bowl games. Who else among active coaches can say that? That's right - NONE THAT YOU CAN THINK OF IN TWO SECONDS.

In short, Pelini is the all-time active winningest percentage-wise 1-A football coach. Therefore, Nebraska is awesome. End of discussion.

:rolleyes: well, if they're not disillusioned enough to say it themselves...

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/8/2008, 03:06 PM
Actually if he lost his next three, he would be barely above Boo Blake ;) 1 Loss would drop him below the win percentage leaders ;) Face it..Pellini may be God..oh hell he is

badger
9/8/2008, 03:15 PM
Actually if he lost his next three, he would be barely above Boo Blake ;) 1 Loss would drop him below the win percentage leaders ;) Face it..Pellini may be God..oh hell he is

I was being a disillusioned Husker for two seconds, cut me some slack ;)

Un-de-feat-ed, un-de-feat-ed, Pe-li-ni is un-de-feat-ed!

:rolleyes: This is going to last one, two weeks tops.

Wishboned
9/8/2008, 07:50 PM
Last winter a friend invited me to go to New York with her. She wanted to see the sights...Times Square, the Empire State Building...the Statue of Liberty...

I told her to get screwed.

mdklatt
9/8/2008, 08:17 PM
i thought the end of the game, the clocked stopped because UC got a first down. if i remember right, the clock stops for first downs, doesnt it? i dont think they called timeout.

They definitely didn't call a timeout.

AAABearcat
9/9/2008, 11:43 AM
I am mystified why running a statue of liberty play causes so much anquish. I admit I don't know much about Oklahoma football; but basically; why is this a big deal?
Congrats on moving up to #3; Good luck the rest of the season.

Pieces Hit
9/9/2008, 11:48 AM
It's kinda like someone waiting for a quarterback's broken leg to heal up, kicking them in the old break, and asking if it hurt.

Frozen Sooner
9/9/2008, 12:32 PM
I am mystified why running a statue of liberty play causes so much anquish. I admit I don't know much about Oklahoma football; but basically; why is this a big deal?

Without diagramming the play, it looked exactly like the play that Boise State used to win the Fiesta Bowl in 2007 against us.

That being said...HOW DARE YOU RUN A PLAY WE'VE SHOWN SUSCEPTIBILITY TO IN THE PAST WHEN YOU'RE IN A CLOSE BALL GAME?!?!?!?!

I mean, goodness gracious, it's a play designed to use our speed and athleticism agaisnt us. Fortunately, either this year's team is more disciplined than the 2006 team or they've just seen the damn thing enough times that they recognize the tips.

AAABearcat
9/9/2008, 01:09 PM
Without diagramming the play, it looked exactly like the play that Boise State used to win the Fiesta Bowl in 2007 against us.

That being said...HOW DARE YOU RUN A PLAY WE'VE SHOWN SUSCEPTIBILITY TO IN THE PAST WHEN YOU'RE IN A CLOSE BALL GAME?!?!?!?!

I mean, goodness gracious, it's a play designed to use our speed and athleticism agaisnt us. Fortunately, either this year's team is more disciplined than the 2006 team or they've just seen the damn thing enough times that they recognize the tips.

Thanks for the explanation; but begs the question, What play could you run that hasn't resulted in a score against Oklahoma? Taking a knee is the only one that I could think of.:confused:

birddog
9/9/2008, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the explanation; but begs the question, What play could you run that hasn't resulted in a score against Oklahoma? Taking a knee is the only one that I could think of.:confused:

i can't speak for the people it bothered but the play was magnified because it was a game winner in a very entertaining bowl game. and it was a play you hardly ever see, let alone a play that wins a game in OT.

we have some fans that overreact sometimes.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/9/2008, 01:16 PM
After watching Nebraska last year, I get pissed every time the other team runs a play. Just so much potential for hurting the feelings of Husker fans. Dives, traps, 5 yard outs, etc,.

Dude. I would so spek you right now.

sooner518
9/9/2008, 01:51 PM

Actually, we gave up a TD on a knee during the Blake years...... :D :D

birddog
9/9/2008, 01:55 PM
Actually, we gave up a TD on a knee during the Blake years...... :D :D

and during halftime.

soonerpike697
9/9/2008, 05:08 PM
Don't get your panties in a wad, people run trick plays, you forget they still may be trying to impress a machine at the end of the season, the extra points could make or break their bowl...

soonerpike697
9/9/2008, 05:16 PM

We have a lot of clowns in our stands. You know the type, love the school though they've never stepped foot in a classroom. On the other hand I must say Cinci had some pleasant fans to speak to. I met the parents of your fullback #35 his parents were really nice people I hope they had a good time...

CK Sooner
9/9/2008, 05:49 PM
Don't get your panties in a wad, people run trick plays, you forget they still may be trying to impress a machine at the end of the season, the extra points could make or break their bowl...

nOOb

soonerpike697
9/10/2008, 05:28 PM
nOOb

Pretty sure it says bench warmer next to your name jerkoff, and why are you defending this Dbag anyways???

CK Sooner
9/10/2008, 05:30 PM
Pretty sure it says bench warmer next to your name jerkoff, and why are you defending this Dbag anyways???

:D

:texan: