PDA

View Full Version : What are your expectations this season?

Soonermagik
9/7/2008, 07:33 PM
After seeing the team play a couple of games what are your expectations for this year?

CK Sooner
9/7/2008, 07:33 PM
National Championship.

JLEW1818
9/7/2008, 07:36 PM
A National Championship. If that is not your goal then what the hell is?

soonerspudman
9/7/2008, 07:41 PM
Defeating a small country.

AzianSooner
9/7/2008, 07:42 PM
just like other year, win big 12 then. hmm BCS... hmm... OH GOD.. PLEASE HELP the SOONERS.

KC//CRIMSON
9/7/2008, 07:52 PM
Homer expectations or realistic expectations?

CK Sooner
9/7/2008, 07:59 PM
Homer expectations or realistic expectations?

Realistic

adoniijahsooner
9/7/2008, 08:09 PM
Realistically, I think we should be in the national championship game, but Kansas State, and Okie Lite concern me, because they are on the road. Missouri doesnt worry me at all, I cannot see them stopping our offense.

soonervegas
9/7/2008, 08:31 PM
Big 12 championship and a BCS win. If that BCS win happens to be in the NC game that would be cool too.

GottaHavePride
9/7/2008, 08:33 PM
Crush our enemies, drive them before us, and hear the lamentations of their women.

;)

sooner59
9/7/2008, 09:05 PM
I believe we have a chance to go undefeated. I also think we could lose one game and sneak into the MNC. I worry about K-State away and Okie lite away. I don't worry about home games. We all know anything can happen in Dallas. I think we have Mizzou's number. I like our chances, but the team can only think of Washington. One game at a time...

yermom
9/7/2008, 09:09 PM
anything short of winning the Super Bowl and i'm going to be disappointed

olevetonahill
9/7/2008, 09:09 PM
MNC.

StoopTroup
9/7/2008, 09:11 PM
Beating Washington and seeing Sam post another 400 yards this week.

This question is a little pre-mature for me.

I think it fits better after the whorns are destroyed.

StormySooner-IN
9/7/2008, 09:12 PM
Big 12 title. BCS game. Waiting to see how we do on the road.

If we blow Warshington away..then I'll be a little more convinced about our road games. Either way, K state and the okie lites concern me, too....

Lets just go one game at a time.

SOONERnTx
9/7/2008, 09:16 PM
We win Championships! #8 will be here soon!

ouwasp
9/7/2008, 09:28 PM
I have hopes and I have expectations...

They're not the same. If the Sooners ever start laying the wood on D and special teams, maybe my hopes can become more likely.

SbOrOiNaEnR
9/7/2008, 09:42 PM
Certainly, we want to continue to compete for championships, and always win the Big 12 in a good way.

r5TPsooner
9/7/2008, 09:43 PM
After seeing the team play a couple of games what are your expectations for this year?

ask me again after our first road game.

KC//CRIMSON
9/7/2008, 09:46 PM
Realistic

10-2

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/7/2008, 09:51 PM
A National Championship. If that is not your goal then what the hell is?

Exactly what I said when someone asked me this same question on Friday.

JLEW1818
9/7/2008, 09:56 PM
That is the thing about Oklahoma football, we actually can look in the mirror and tell ourselves that we have a chance to win a NC every year.

90% of the league cant

JLEW1818
9/7/2008, 09:59 PM
Big 12 title. BCS game. Waiting to see how we do on the road.

If we blow Warshington away..then I'll be a little more convinced about our road games. Either way, K state and the okie lites concern me, too....

Lets just go one game at a time.

I think KSTATE will be a hard one for some reason.

Curly Bill
9/7/2008, 10:23 PM
I think we can win the World Cup and the Tour de France.

BudSooner
9/7/2008, 10:53 PM
I have little doubt Sammy can drive Bin Laden out of any cave with enough footballs thrown into those caves, he can do eeeeeet!
Bob Stoops can create world peace, certainly, while also turning around this fine nations economy and solving the nations illegal immigrant problem by kicking them and the horns out.

The defense will be so powerful that it cures blindness, wipes out cancer and allows an average of only 2pts a game.

In short, from this day forward the Sooners will embark on a 79 game winning streak, then afterwards...Bob Stoops accepts the POTUS for life.

Certainly. ;)

Soonermagik
9/7/2008, 10:55 PM
Knowing that we lose a lot of guys next season really puts the pressure on Stoops to perfrom this year IMHO.

I'm thinking we have a perfect schedule to at least get to the title game.

However, if we drop 1 game (not a bowl game) I will be happy, 2 losses and I will be disappointed and 3 loses I will punch a small child in the face. :)

adoniijahsooner
9/7/2008, 11:18 PM
Knowing that we lose a lot of guys next season really puts the pressure on Stoops to perfrom this year IMHO.

I'm thinking we have a perfect schedule to at least get to the title game.

However, if we drop 1 game (not a bowl game) I will be happy, 2 losses and I will be disappointed and 3 loses I will punch a small child in the face. :)

The entire defense is coming back with the exception of Harris and Holmes, and we have bradford, gresham, murray, brown, broyles, owens, madu, tennell, and many other skill players coming back on Offense. I think next years team will be unstoppable; when you add in the fact that reesing, harrell, booger-eater, are leaving school, and I see us hard pressed to lose any games next year.

CK Sooner
9/7/2008, 11:20 PM
The entire defense is coming back with the exception of Harris and Holmes, and we have bradford, gresham, murray, brown, broyles, owens, madu, tennell, and many other skill players coming back on Offense. I think next years team will be unstoppable; when you add in the fact that reesing, harrell, booger-eater, are leaving school, and I see us hard pressed to lose any games next year.

Those are the best players in our secondary.

JLEW1818
9/8/2008, 12:03 AM
**** IT, BRING ON CHINA !

insuranceman_22
9/8/2008, 01:18 AM
Defeating a small country.

And with the no huddle, we'll be fairly quick about it!

sooner59
9/8/2008, 01:39 AM
Those are the best players in our secondary.

They are our only returning secondary starters...I don't get it.

JLEW1818
9/8/2008, 01:47 AM

The entire offensive line will be gone. You can't tell me that our o-line will be better.

KingBarry
9/8/2008, 03:01 AM
Expectation-10 plus wins (regular season) and Big XII Champs. If we get some breaks, another BCS Championship game appearance. Given our troubles in the BCS games, it is real hard for me to say I expect to win that, but I sure do hope to.

Soonermagik
9/8/2008, 08:38 AM

We lose most of our O-Line, D-Line and our best players in the secondary. Oh... and who said Gresham is coming back? If he projects to be a 1st rounder then he is gone.

Not to mention, we lose Iglesias and Johnson. Don't delude yourself, we lose the majority of our team, so this year is our best chance for a title for another few years.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/8/2008, 08:50 AM
Exactly what I said when someone asked me this same question on Friday.

expectation does not = goal.
Example:
Oklahoma State's GOAL is to win the Big XII championship. (hehehehe)
Their EXPECTATIONS are to repeat previous years: have at least 7 wins and maybe get to a better bowl, like the Alamo or Holiday bowl!

but at Oklahoma, we do EXPECT to win championships.
Realistically we should expect to win the Big XII South and be a 0 or 1 loss team.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/8/2008, 08:53 AM
We lose most of our O-Line, D-Line and our best players in the secondary. Oh... and who said Gresham is coming back? If he projects to be a 1st rounder then he is gone.

Not to mention, we lose Iglesias and Johnson. Don't delude yourself, we lose the majority of our team, so this year is our best chance for a title for another few years.

and technically Sam could leave. Not gonna happen, but he could...

Kels
9/8/2008, 09:58 AM
Prune the hedges of many small villages.

KingBarry
9/9/2008, 10:55 PM
Don't delude yourself, we lose the majority of our team, so this year is our best chance for a title for another few years.

True dat. But Coach Switzer, the real KingBarry, always said you win National Championships when you do not expect it.

goingoneight
9/9/2008, 11:04 PM
Linebacking corps tightens up a bit more and the corners get settled in means we're a real contender. Until that happens, we're just another high-powered offense with a suspect defense like most everyone else around the country. However, we're a bit better already defensively due to the line play thus far.

JLEW1818
9/9/2008, 11:18 PM
True dat. But Coach Switzer, the real KingBarry, always said you win National Championships when you do not expect it.

What was our preseason ranking during the 2000 season?

Curly Bill
9/9/2008, 11:23 PM
What was our preseason ranking during the 2000 season?

eleventy-billionth :D

JLEW1818
9/9/2008, 11:24 PM
Exactly

SoonerKnight
9/10/2008, 01:44 AM
To win it all!!!!!!!!!!! And repeat next year and then see if we can do it again the next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D