PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call! Who's going to Warshington?

badger
9/7/2008, 07:01 PM
IN! We will be there early and stay late.

CK Sooner
9/7/2008, 07:03 PM
I wish.

Ardmore_Sooner
9/7/2008, 07:07 PM
I'm in! Leavin Thursday morning! (Thank God for only having MW classes! :D)

SoonerForever
9/7/2008, 07:39 PM
We will be up for 8 days starting Friday.....staying Downtown Seattle....trying to get in on a party boat over to the stadium....SoonerForever

auto
9/7/2008, 08:22 PM
Leaving on Wednesday, was staying at the Alexis, they screwed up my reservations, now at the Edgewater. Begging all our Seattle clients for free passes:D

I hope VIP gets boat info to me before I leave.:rolleyes:

colleyvillesooner
9/7/2008, 08:39 PM
Arrive wed, leave Sunday.

Don't forget FXMcroys on Friday night.

sooner59
9/7/2008, 08:49 PM
Unfortunately, I have the MCAT that day. So ill watch it on ESPN. But ill be screaming at the tv if that counts.

schlanker
9/7/2008, 08:52 PM
My brothers and I will be there. We are flying to Portland on Thursday to party w some friend then we are staying downtown at the Hilton. Should be a fabulous time.

auto
9/7/2008, 09:02 PM

I am thinking Union on Friday night.

Collier11
9/7/2008, 09:04 PM
In!!! Getting to Seattle Thursday around 430 and not sure yet when I am coming back cus the airline has cancelled my flight twice now and moved my departure up to saturday, ha! Probably end up leaving late sunday or sometime monday...staying at a college buddies house.

Anyone else flying out thursday at 1:26 on united 523?

StoopTroup
9/7/2008, 09:08 PM
Out.

I have to much to do right now.

A few weeks ago I thought it might be possible but that has all changed.

Hope all who go have a great time.

Boomer Sooner ! ! !

Oldnslo
9/7/2008, 09:11 PM
In. Definately.

going to Vegas on Wed. Up to Seattle on Friday night.

boomersooner82
9/7/2008, 09:13 PM
IN! Getting there Thursday night. Tickets in nosebleed section, but we should have a great view of the bay.

KingBarry
9/7/2008, 09:59 PM
Can not do it. Work just makes it impossible. The wife and I have had Seattle and the surroundng moutains at the top of our to-do list, and combining it with the Sooners would have been once in a lifetime.

ANY other weekend in the football season and I would be there. Why did we have to play UDub this week?

Primo
9/7/2008, 10:58 PM
I shall be present!:D

Lott's Bandana
9/7/2008, 11:08 PM
Gotta see the game in my all-time fav city...had hotel rezzies for a year. Look out Halibut!

Sooner98
9/7/2008, 11:08 PM
I'm there. Arriving Thursday, sightseeing on Friday, OU game Saturday, Seahawks/49ers game Sunday. Woo hoo!

SoonerSeattle
9/7/2008, 11:17 PM
I'll be there! :D
Had it on my calendar for years.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/7/2008, 11:30 PM
Leave Tuesday, return 2 weeks later...

We are pre-evacuating from Ike...

LibertyValance
9/8/2008, 12:20 AM
Teeing it up at Sahalee on Friday...:texan:
Watching the beatdown of UDub on Saturday...http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/bob.gif
Partying and getting stinking drunk in Sammamish on Saturday night...:pop:
Flying back to the SF Bay Area on Sunday...http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/kerry.gif
Giving my Pac-10-lovin' employees extra work on Monday...:texan:

JLEW1818
9/8/2008, 12:33 AM
Opening Line against Washington

Oklahoma - 20
Washington +20

http://www.madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php

WA. Sooner
9/8/2008, 06:07 AM
Been waiting on this one since 1987. That is when I moved up here to the great northwet.

IronSooner
9/8/2008, 06:59 AM
I'll be there with OUMonster. Can't wait.

soonermagicgirl
9/8/2008, 08:01 AM
I will be there in spirit...

SoonerStormchaser
9/8/2008, 08:52 AM
Would have gone with teh wife...but then I got word that we might be getting activated cause of Ike...so we're staying put.

OKLA21FAN
9/8/2008, 08:55 AM
IN! We will be there early and stay late.

but will you be loud?

(or do you need a Tshirt to remind ya!)

badger
9/8/2008, 09:05 AM
but will you be loud?

(or do you need a Tshirt to remind ya!)

I was seriously considering wearing at least one piece of new OKC NBA gear up there one of the days (not gameday of course, one of the other days) until I saw the logo. WAY too much orange... and weirdness.

In any event, sounds like we'll have good crimson representation up north. If yo could, post where you're gonna be sitting too. We'll be in the upper deck, home side.

WA. Sooner
9/8/2008, 10:00 AM
West endzone

WA. Sooner
9/8/2008, 10:11 AM
News just said the weather is going to be 72 and sunny

auto
9/8/2008, 10:31 AM
News just said the weather is going to be 72 and sunny

Anyone know of backpack camera rules at the stadium? I want to bring the equipment and get some great shots.

badger
9/8/2008, 10:41 AM
Well, the Husky apparently won't be there (http://gohuskies.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/090508aaa.html):(

Info on how to get to the game, via UW official site. (http://gohuskies.cstv.com/ot/transportation.html)

Background on the stadium (http://gohuskies.cstv.com/facilities/husky-stadium.html) (yay! shade!)

What you're allowed to bring in. (http://gohuskies.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/wash/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/day-of-game06) (Cameras yes, camcorders no)

They have a number to call for accessibility, 206-543-2230 (although that number is usually for elevator passes, so hopefully the person on the other end will be nice). They should be able to answer the "backpack camera" question.

colleyvillesooner
9/8/2008, 10:44 AM
sec 12 Row O

califsooner
9/8/2008, 11:35 AM
IN BABY!!! Don't get to see the boys much living in SoCal......so been waiting for this one big time. Flying out Friday and home Sunday after the beatdown. Driving from Tacoma area with a friend to the game debating on pre-game plans?? For sure wanna get to the 'U District' area and maybe catch some ND/Michigan and/or other games on the tube before hitting the stadium. Would love to tailgate with some Sooner fans......just not sure alot of us will be in the parking lot for pre-game, but not positive?

Also, im hoping my section 53 is loaded with our fans since I found out UW sold some of the section to OU along with all the end zone area behind that huge track. But I do know our fans are scattered everywhere up in 49, 51, 53, etc.....and yes, weather supposed to be pretty nice still. Can't wait!!!!

colleyvillesooner
9/8/2008, 11:44 AM
Here's the thread for the Friday night meetup

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119224

TheUnnamedSooner
9/8/2008, 12:16 PM
In. Leaving Thurs morning!

Sooner98
9/8/2008, 12:23 PM
West endzone

Wait, the game got moved to Stillwater?

badger
9/8/2008, 12:50 PM
Wait, the game got moved to Stillwater?

Wait.... is this another one of those stadiums that puts the sun in players eyes instead of the spectators :confused:

WA. Sooner
9/8/2008, 01:34 PM
Wait.... is this another one of those stadiums that puts the sun in players eyes instead of the spectators :confused:

yes

badger
9/8/2008, 01:42 PM
yes

:mad: well that sucks for our players. good thing the stadium's kind of shady, then... right?

califsooner
9/8/2008, 02:02 PM
Heres an ok view.....i think. Our fans our behind that end zone along with the upper deck on the left in the sun, and the team is on the shady sideline. Keep in mind....its 445 start and could be a slight difference. Even though the sun goes down way late out there in the summer.

http://www.autumnspectacle.com/Stadiums/Husky%20Stadium.jpg

califsooner
9/8/2008, 02:07 PM
Here's the opposite side.........

http://portalsso.vansd.org/pls/portal/docs/1/1358892.JPG

Sooner24
9/8/2008, 02:09 PM
Any of you WA people know if this would be worth the trip on Friday?

http://www.graylineseattle.com/sightseeingtours.cfm/mode/detail/product_id/1317

85sooners
9/8/2008, 02:14 PM
no

Sooner24
9/8/2008, 02:19 PM
no

Elaborate.

colleyvillesooner
9/8/2008, 02:33 PM
Very no...

AZSOONER
9/8/2008, 02:34 PM
I was until my father in-law punked out on me.

soonerbred
9/8/2008, 04:08 PM
Going on Thursday and staying at Waterfront Marriott - are there any fun sportsbars within walking (short) distance?

I will have two extra tickets once we get to Seattle - in the OU section - probably upper deck section 50 - if anyone is interested please let me know.

Our seats are in Section 2, Row EE

TahoeSOONER
9/8/2008, 04:17 PM
BOOMER! Cascade Mountains, lush moutains with waterfalls, on Friday. Lots of trees changing in North West in September, I really recommend a drive with some green (if you know what I mean). Huskie season on Saturday, 49ers and Seahawks on Sunday. Then back to Tahoe....life is good. SOONER!

TahoeSOONER
9/8/2008, 04:19 PM
BOOMER! Cascade Mountains, lush moutains with waterfalls, on Friday. Lots of trees changing in North West in September, I really recommend a drive with some green (if you know what I mean). Huskie season on Saturday, 49ers and Seahawks on Sunday. Then back to Tahoe....life is good. Sec 43 will be lOUd! Pac 10 will suffer even if they beg for just a half a hundred. SOONER!

califsooner
9/8/2008, 04:21 PM
It looks like there's a Fri hangout at FX McRory's steak house for dinner, but I'm most likely gonna hit up that place before the game and get some good grub. If I'm correct, it looks like it's 5 miles from the stadium?? I'm hearing traffic after the games there is rough too.

colleyvillesooner
9/8/2008, 04:24 PM
It looks like there's a Fri hangout at FX McRory's steak house for dinner, but I'm most likely gonna hit up that place before the game and get some good grub. If I'm correct, it looks like it's 5 miles from the stadium?? I'm hearing traffic after the games there is rough too.

I'm not sure how many people are eating there or just meeting up after dinner time, like 8 or 9. Should be a good time.

califsooner
9/8/2008, 04:35 PM
Oh, I gotcha. Seems like a good place when I looked it up and peaked my interest for Saturday before/after the game......since I'll be in Tacoma on Friday and a little far to drive in. I just want to get near campus as early as I can on Saturday and be close to the stadium as possible, and that place opens at noon. Then wanna head to the game with some ample time to deal with the many parking options I see which looks crazy still.

birddog
9/8/2008, 04:57 PM
IN! be there friday afternoon.

auto
9/8/2008, 05:49 PM
Just called the stadium, looks like they don't mind camera w lenses, just no tripods.

soonersweetie
9/8/2008, 08:50 PM
couple of questions

where is everyone parking? and does anyone know what time people start gathering for tailgating, etc? I don't see Husky fans as the type that start tailgating at 8am for a 6pm game. I could be wrong.

I know the husky website says that parking near the stadium fills up around 90 min prior to gametime. Well, I know I want to be there earlier than that. But is noon too late? Is 8am too early? I really don't want to be in the stacked parking if there is an option for something different. I hated that set up at the Rose Bowl...must be a Pac 10 thing.

Any advice?

Thanks

EstablishedSooner1967
9/8/2008, 09:18 PM
I will be there... Thursday... checking the city out... Friday Vancouver, Friday night Seattle out with the boys! Sat. Kicking A@@ and chewing bubble gum and I am all out of bubble gum... Sat. night-Seattle night life, Sunday sight seeing and boating of the lake, Monday recovery and flight home!

MHSooner
9/8/2008, 09:50 PM
Leaving Friday morning early with 2 other die hard sooners:O ...

westcoast_sooner
9/9/2008, 12:19 AM
I'll be there. Flying in on Friday afternoon, and staying with my niece and her husband. They've already got the tickets. Unlike Autzen a couple of years ago, I understand that the crowd there is friendly to the visitors. Should be a lot of fun.

the_edge
9/9/2008, 01:02 AM
I'll be there with bells on, but I live here, so it's easy. :)

badger
9/9/2008, 10:25 AM
I'll be there with bells on, but I live here, so it's easy. :)

Sorry, noisemakers aren't allowed :(

It appears that banners and "signs on sticks" aren't allowed either, so there goes the "Pac 10 Refs Suck" sign ideas :(

soonerbrat
9/9/2008, 10:47 AM
sign on a stick.

WestAustinSooner
9/9/2008, 10:48 AM
Arriving Seattle around Noon Thursday from Austin via Houston. Staying at the Andra in Belltown. Sightseeing on Thursday and Friday - especially Pike Place market and "the Troll." Probably hit Pioneer Square as well. We're going to the Met on Friday, but maybe we'll stop by FXMcCrory's after that.

We're doing the Ivar's Salmon House brunch and boat to the Stadium on Saturday. Yippeee! We may try to hit Jillian's late if anyone is still there.

More sightseeing Sunday. We don't leave until Monday!

Funny, my Mom always called it "Worshengton."

soonerbrat
9/9/2008, 10:54 AM
nope. going to vegas the day after.

califsooner
9/9/2008, 12:20 PM
I'm sure hoping lots of OU season ticket holders received tix in section 53 at UW this week, since that's the section that I'm in and havn't heard anyone who's also in 53......even though I did hear OU was alotted that section, but it seems my fellow message boarders on here on in and around 49, 51 in the upper deck pretty close to 53 anyway......besides most fans most likely being in 1-12 behind the end zone. Regardless, sounds like we are scattered everywhere and with a nice contingent at the game.......so let's do this this week!!!! :-)

auto
9/9/2008, 12:30 PM
I'm sure hoping lots of OU season ticket holders received tix in section 53 at UW this week, since that's the section that I'm in and havn't heard anyone who's also in 53......even though I did hear OU was alotted that section, but it seems my fellow message boarders on here on in and around 49, 51 in the upper deck pretty close to 53 anyway......besides most fans most likely being in 1-12 behind the end zone. Regardless, sounds like we are scattered everywhere and with a nice contingent at the game.......so let's do this this week!!!! :-)

Section 9 Row G, these seat looks like ***.:pop:

soonerbrat
9/9/2008, 12:32 PM
does anyone need tickets? there's a pair on my bulletin board at work. $66/each on the OU side

WestAustinSooner
9/9/2008, 02:59 PM
CalifSooner:

I am in section 53, row KK, seat 17-18. I bought my tickets directly from Wash. ticket office and requested this section. Reason being, they are the most scenic seats available in the stadium. You're overlooking the end-zone portion of the stadium, so your field angle is not bad. But, you'll be overlooking Lake Washington to your left and you'll be able to see the Cascade Range and downtown Seattle from the seats as well. It will be a spectacular view.

I'll be with my sexy wife, and I'll be wearing an OU coaches polo and red OU hat. Give us a holler!

auto
9/9/2008, 03:03 PM
CalifSooner:

I am in section 53, row KK, seat 17-18. I bought my tickets directly from Wash. ticket office and requested this section. Reason being, they are the most scenic seats available in the stadium. You're overlooking the end-zone portion of the stadium, so your field angle is not bad. But, you'll be overlooking Lake Washington to your left and you'll be able to see the Cascade Range and downtown Seattle from the seats as well. It will be a spectacular view.

I'll be with my sexy wife, and I'll be wearing an OU coaches polo and red OU hat. Give us a holler!

Yep, that's what I should have done. Maybe I will get some great shots of the player

soonerpike697
9/9/2008, 04:28 PM
I'll be in Portland on Friday and Saturday I'll be in Seattle to watch Tyronne get dominated...

trey
9/9/2008, 04:30 PM
seattle thurs-monday. staying at the w. sooners sat. seahawks sun.

Husky Penguin
9/9/2008, 06:11 PM
I live in Seattle, will be in the season tix area.

califsooner
9/9/2008, 06:53 PM
Oh nice WestAustin......I did the same thing once I heard 53 was also alotted to OU. Yeah, the lake to the left and up a little bit as well for us, so the seats are decent for sure. Look forward to it and will also be lookin' for y'all!!!!

proudsoonergal
9/9/2008, 07:34 PM
I'm in! I'm flying from Houston to Seattle late Thursday, spending Friday sightseeing in SEA since I've never been there, and then meeting up with my parents/aunts/uncles on Friday night or Saturday morning to go to the game. My uncle got the tickets, so I have no idea where we are sitting.

I've been looking forward to this ever since they announced it a few years back. Really, one of the best ways to travel around the country is to follow the Sooners....although I'm pretty tired of Phoenix: O .

OK2LA
9/9/2008, 07:48 PM
In

Sooner_09
9/9/2008, 07:50 PM
Everyone who is going better represent us good, and watch out for sonics fans

soonersam
9/9/2008, 07:50 PM
I'm now out but I have two tickets waiting at will call that someone can pick up.... There two tix I got from the university tix office. IM me if you need'em

FutureSoonerMom
9/9/2008, 10:31 PM
Section 43 - five of us there! I know you can't have signs on sticks but I plan to bring a few non-sticky signs anyway :) I grew up here and haven't been to a UW game since I was college age - but then again, there hasn't been a GOOD reason to go till now! Hope to see you all there. We may be bringing an RV for tailgating - everyone is welcome to stop by, just look for the OU flags!

KaiserSooner
9/9/2008, 10:49 PM
Yep. Getting there Thursday, leaving Sunday.

Lott's Bandana
9/9/2008, 11:03 PM

Cal,

FX's would not be considered close to the stadium. It is close to two others, Qwest and Safeco, but Husky Stadium is in a much diff place. If FX's is about 6:30 on a clockface, HS is about 1:30, with downtown being the center. Good place before the game, but plan to get over to the campus with some time to spare for traffic.

See ya there...

soonerboomer93
9/9/2008, 11:46 PM
In

as long as Ike does ****up flights on Thursday, I'm leaving Houston around noon, be in Seattle in time for rush hour

Some frozen guy has my ticket, so i'm not sure where I'm sitting. I will be at the firday night gathering, i'm in for the seahawks game since I'm not frying out until monday (depandant on Ike).

mikeb
9/10/2008, 12:35 AM
Maybe someday we could afford a trip to see the SOONERS play an away game like this. But for now we have to rely on all of our sooner faithfull to be loud for us. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Everybody yell loud and have a great time............................SOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

KingBarry
9/10/2008, 12:54 AM
Like some others, I have been waiting for this game ever since it was announced. Now I can`t go due to work.

Really sucks.

SoonerKnight
9/10/2008, 01:41 AM
I wish I could go! But I have to work as well.

huskylawyer
9/10/2008, 01:52 AM
I hope everyone has a great and safe time in Seattle! I was at the Norman game and I was amazed at how nice and hospitable the sooner fans were (and how HOT your women were :) ). I rolled deep with quite a few husky fans and we splurged on a house driveway parking spot that was a stone throw away from the stadium. 99.99% of the Sooner fans were awesome. Great experience and great time (though I did walk into a bar one night and I felt like Eddie Murphy when he walked into that redneck bar in 48 hours :eek:!).

Some advice:

1) Skip the troll in Fremont. Very overrated. However, Fremont is a cool neighborhood if you know where to find the beer and food though.

2) If you are a young (20s- early 30s) hipster that wants to kick it, hit up Belltown Friday or Saturday nights (strip of 1st and 2nd Ave in downtown Seattle). Lots of eye candy, alcohol, etc. on first ave. If you are a little older hit up Black Bottle for some smoking 30-40 year old ladies (dress well; no jerseys lol)

3) FX in Pioneer square has a decent bar with TVs and big screen, but it is NOT close to husky stadium. Consider hitting "The Ram" in University Village. It is relatively close to the stadium (if you don't mind long walks...and you can walk to the stadium). It has plenty of TVs. The downside is it is PACKED, therefore you gotta get there hella early. Jillians near Lake Union is another sports bar option.

4) Top of the line restaurants:
- Expensive Steak Houses: El Gauchos (you feel like Frank Sinatra when you walk in), The Met (old school and old money), and Capital Grill (new kid on the block)
- Good Food (moderately expensive): Palace Kitchen, Lolas, dahlia Lounge (the place Tom Hanks ate with Meg Ryan in sleepless in Seattle)

5) For big games, we tailgate and party like rock stars, so if you want to get parking and tailgate near the stadium, come relatively early (6+ hours before game time at least since it is a late afternoon start).

6) Some things to do:

- Roundtrip ferry ride to Bainbridge Island is relaxing
- Pike Place Market
- Seahawks game on Sunday (awesome atmosphere and stadium)
- Space Needle
- EMP (Rock and Roll; Hendrix Museum)
- Rent canoes at the arboretum (at U-Dub)
- Golden Gardens Park in Ballard (watch the boats go through our mini panama canal, i.e., the locks)
- Lots of good food (IMHO, only behind Chicago, New York and L.A. in terms of restaurant quality and diversity)

7) Things to avoid IMHO: The troll, Bellevue (east side suburb), the sculpture park, highways (traffic SUCKS).

Again, have fun!

califsooner
9/10/2008, 08:18 AM
Lott's-- good info about FX and the location. I know it's near those 2 other stadiums in downtown area.....but I did mapquest that puppy and came up with 4.75 miles away from Husky stadium. You also could be warning me about the distance compared to the possible traffic which is a nice heads up, definitely want to avoid that and so mayby I'll find a spot down in the 'U District' on campus before the game and be much closer. I also wanna find a good spot to hang out after the victory with other fans if possible as well.

SoonerMom-- thx for the tailgate invite. :-) I'll be with 1 friend out there in her car and may need a spot to hang before the game with some friendly folks......will be looking for your flags possibly!! lol One more day of work today, but it finally hit me y'day how excited I am for this game/trip!!!!

califsooner
9/10/2008, 08:28 AM
WestAustin----No joke, I'm in row MM.......most likely 2 rows behind ya in seats 10-11. I'll be with an asian female friend who will have on a red long sleeve shirt with OU right in the middle, just bought for this game. lol Not sure what I'll be sporting, but maybe a red OU hat since I need to pick up one anyway. Time to rock section 53........

badger
9/10/2008, 08:32 AM
A thought...
Pac 1o fans are wonderful when they travel to our place, no question. Once we arrive at their house or play them in a bowl, however, it's a different story.

We have had a history of Pac 10 fans not being exactly nice. There was UCLA in 2005 (had a gun chanting "F*** the Sooners" long after the game was over), Oregon in 2006 (trash and trash talking thrown at Sooner faithful) and of course, that game that never happened, where even the kids got in on the adult's acts by holding up the sign, "Even if you win, you still have to go back to Oklahoma."

:mad: As such, since we've discussed before/after game plans, where we're sitting and such, the final question: What happy, evil thoughts will be on your mind when UW fans try to make your experience miserable. We don't say them out loud, of course, since we're too nice, but we think them just the same. I'll start:

"Wow, that Rick Neuheisel really had an awesome win over Tennessee two weeks ago."

"Yeah, we went to Rose Bowl in 2003 and beat Washington State. You all should do that some time... beat Washington State, I mean."

califsooner
9/10/2008, 08:38 AM
Hmmm, how about.........'looks like that Fire Ty Willingham campaign is off to a great start.'

Great thread idea Badger.......

badger
9/10/2008, 08:45 AM
Hmmm, how about.........'looks like that Fire Ty Willingham campaign is off to a great start.'

Great thread idea Badger.......

there have been a lot of new threads lately, so i don't just wanna keep starting new ones.

"(looks at scoreboard) I bet you could be back out at your party boat in less than five minutes and drunk in less than seven."

califsooner
9/10/2008, 08:49 AM
LOL......Oh man, and I just read all the ones from the 'Pac-10 Refs' thread. I thought it was too damn early to laugh that hard. I love you guys man!!!

'refs spank their children in public?'.........greatest thing ever.

Lott's Bandana
9/10/2008, 10:02 AM
A thought...
Pac 1o fans are wonderful when they travel to our place, no question. Once we arrive at their house or play them in a bowl, however, it's a different story.

We have had a history of Pac 10 fans not being exactly nice. There was UCLA in 2005 (had a gun chanting "F*** the Sooners" long after the game was over), Oregon in 2006 (trash and trash talking thrown at Sooner faithful) and of course, that game that never happened, where even the kids got in on the adult's acts by holding up the sign, "Even if you win, you still have to go back to Oklahoma."

:mad: As such, since we've discussed before/after game plans, where we're sitting and such, the final question: What happy, evil thoughts will be on your mind when UW fans try to make your experience miserable. We don't say them out loud, of course, since we're too nice, but we think them just the same. I'll start:

"Wow, that Rick Neuheisel really had an awesome win over Tennessee two weeks ago."

"Yeah, we went to Rose Bowl in 2003 and beat Washington State. You all should do that some time... beat Washington State, I mean."

How about:

When verbally assaulted, haul out a mini-football and toss it into the air as high as you can....then keep walking. Have your friend alongside simply drop a yellow hankie.

Well choreographed, this could be catastrophic.

badger
9/10/2008, 10:16 AM
How about:

When verbally assaulted, haul out a mini-football and toss it into the air as high as you can....then keep walking. Have your friend alongside simply drop a yellow hankie.

Well choreographed, this could be catastrophic.

I would spek you, but... you know :D:D:D:D

(if we keep that up, such phrases could also be catastrophic)

Lott's Bandana
9/10/2008, 10:19 AM
I hope everyone has a great and safe time in Seattle! I was at the Norman game and I was amazed at how nice and hospitable the sooner fans were (and how HOT your women were :) ). I rolled deep with quite a few husky fans and we splurged on a house driveway parking spot that was a stone throw away from the stadium. 99.99% of the Sooner fans were awesome. Great experience and great time (though I did walk into a bar one night and I felt like Eddie Murphy when he walked into that redneck bar in 48 hours :eek:!).

Some advice:

1) Skip the troll in Fremont. Very overrated. However, Fremont is a cool neighborhood if you know where to find the beer and food though.

2) If you are a young (20s- early 30s) hipster that wants to kick it, hit up Belltown Friday or Saturday nights (strip of 1st and 2nd Ave in downtown Seattle). Lots of eye candy - only if you like really, really short dresses and packs of amazing Asian women in high heels, otherwise meh. :D , alcohol, etc. on first ave. If you are a little older hit up Black Bottle for some smoking 30-40 year old ladies (dress well; no jerseys lol)

3) FX in Pioneer square has a decent bar with TVs and big screen, but it is NOT close to husky stadium. We're planning a Friday nite meet there. Consider hitting "The Ram" in University Village. It is relatively close to the stadium (if you don't mind long walks...and you can walk to the stadium). It has plenty of TVs. The downside is it is PACKED, therefore you gotta get there hella early. Jillians near Lake Union is another sports bar option.

4) Top of the line restaurants:
- Expensive Steak Houses: El Gauchos (you feel like Frank Sinatra when you walk in), The Met (old school and old money), and Capital Grill (new kid on the block) Capital Grill new? I've walked passed it for years!
- Good Food (moderately expensive): Palace Kitchen, Lolas, dahlia Lounge (the place Tom Hanks ate with Meg Ryan in sleepless in Seattle) Gotta add: Icon Grill, my favorite in Wet-Town and where Angelina Jolie watched MNF in "Life or Something Like It", Palomino

5) For big games, we tailgate and party like rock stars, so if you want to get parking and tailgate near the stadium, come relatively early (6+ hours before game time at least since it is a late afternoon start).

6) Some things to do:

- Roundtrip ferry ride to Bainbridge Island is relaxing
- Pike Place Market
- Seahawks game on Sunday (awesome atmosphere and stadium)
- Space Needle (better: drinks at the top of the Renaissance
Worthington hotel on 6th...better view and no admission fee)
- EMP (Rock and Roll; Hendrix Museum)
- Rent canoes at the arboretum (at U-Dub)
- Golden Gardens Park in Ballard (watch the boats go through our mini panama canal, i.e., the locks)
- Lots of good food (IMHO, only behind Chicago, New York and L.A. in terms of restaurant quality and diversity)
- BIG AZZ R.E.I., Trader Joe's, Nordstrom
-

7) Things to avoid IMHO: The troll, Bellevue (east side suburb), the sculpture park, highways (traffic SUCKS).

Again, have fun!

Great post Counselor! I hope you don't mind my embellishments regarding my fav city in the world.

huskylawyer
9/10/2008, 11:58 AM
=Lott's Bandana;2394260]Capital Grill new? I've walked passed it for years!

There is an old Capital Grill but I meant Capital Grille on 1301 Fourth Ave, which is new (right accross the street from a new decent resteraunt; Purple). I work across the street from it and it just opened about 6 months ago. Check it out http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/Locations/Seattle/Main.asp?Location=Seattle&rid=39

Oh yea, best looking waitresses in Seattle? Joeys on Lake Union. Nice view (water and ladies)

califsooner
9/10/2008, 01:18 PM
Nice huskylaw.......looks like you got me to change my pre-game plans for the better!!! The Ram looks like a much better option for me and is definitely walking distance from parking/stadium, etc. I'll prob still head over to the stadium lot pretty early and find the Sooner fans.

Not quite sure after the game, if any, but maybe that's when FX's may be good.....but I'm sure way packed early on a Sat. night.

Lott's Bandana
9/10/2008, 01:25 PM
http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/Locations/Seattle/Main.asp?Location=Seattle&rid=39
)

That's a helluva goodlookin piece o' meat there, HL!

For me, we gots cows and pigs here in the Heartland, give me some Halibut or Copper River Salmon when I'm in the Em City! Lots of it!

nom nom nom

soonersweetie
9/10/2008, 02:59 PM
How early is too early to get to the stadium on Saturday? I don't want to get there too late, but not sure if we should be there at 8am or not either. We intend on tailgating. Does anyone know of the better spots in which to do so?

Thanks

Frozen Sooner
9/10/2008, 03:01 PM

In.

FX McRory's used to be awesome after Mariners games at the Kingdome.

Frozen Sooner
9/10/2008, 03:02 PM
How early is too early to get to the stadium on Saturday? I don't want to get there too late, but not sure if we should be there at 8am or not either. We intend on tailgating. Does anyone know of the better spots in which to do so?

Thanks

One of my dad's friends has a spot staked out between Hec Ed and the stadium, right next to the entrance to Hec Ed. Come over and if I'm there I'll give you a beer and some salmon. :D

They're UW fans, but they're OK people.

huskylawyer
9/10/2008, 03:07 PM

Thanks

For BYU, the E1 parking lot (the biggest lot for the game), was closed to non Tyee members (Tyee= U-dub booster) at 10:00 for a 12:00 game. I plan on tailgating, so I''m showing up between 10:00-11:00 AM (for a game that starts around 4). I'm guessing E-1 (you can google the parking map) will be sold out to non-Tyee members by 1:00 PM. Caveat: U-dub may have closed E-1 to ALL non-boosters...might want to call the ticket office and ask...

colleyvillesooner
9/10/2008, 03:27 PM
just landed. Why would our gate be ready?

fossil
9/10/2008, 03:30 PM
:D I have enough money to get to Albuquerque before having to turn back so guess I'll watch on ESPN. You dudes must have money to burn!!!!

soonersweetie
9/10/2008, 03:40 PM
For BYU, the E1 parking lot (the biggest lot for the game), was closed to non Tyee members (Tyee= U-dub booster) at 10:00 for a 12:00 game. I plan on tailgating, so I''m showing up between 10:00-11:00 AM (for a game that starts around 4). I'm guessing E-1 (you can google the parking map) will be sold out to non-Tyee members by 1:00 PM. Caveat: U-dub may have closed E-1 to ALL non-boosters...might want to call the ticket office and ask...

Thanks for the info. Do you know if E-1 is a grass parking lot or is it paved? I want to know if it is worthwhile to bring our canopy.

badger
9/10/2008, 03:43 PM
What th... the TYEE MEMBERS?!?!? You named your booster club after Tyrone?! Tee hee... excuse me... I need to go post on another thread :D:D:D

NormanPride
9/10/2008, 03:54 PM
I'm not sure how many people are eating there or just meeting up after dinner time, like 8 or 9. Should be a good time.

So are we just wearing sooner gear to identify ourselves, or what? Because I've seen you, like, once, and I didn't like you THAT much. ;)

Lott's Bandana
9/10/2008, 04:05 PM
So are we just wearing sooner gear to identify ourselves, or what? Because I've seen you, like, once, and I didn't like you THAT much. ;)

Just walk in and yell, "Boomer!"....heh.

califsooner
9/10/2008, 04:08 PM
soonersweetie----Be careful if you do use lot E-1, only cus I did read about stacked parking......but do believe it is paved as I saw a satellite photo. It's one of their bigger lots with required passes and some public parking as well.

I just found this for better info:

How to reach stack parking in E1
A stack method of parking (bumper to bumper) is used in E1. This means you will not be able to move your vehicle until the vehicle in front has moved. The remainder of E1 is restricted from public use. Motor home parking is also available in E1, but no overnight motor home parking is allowed.

To reach the E1 parking lot from I-5 southbound, take the NE 45th Street exit (exit #169). Turn left onto NE 45th Street. Continue east about 4/10 mile to 15th Avenue NE. Turn right and drive south on 15th Avenue approximately 6 blocks to NE Pacific Street. Turn left onto NE Pacific, staying in the left-hand lane. Continue east until the road splits. At that traffic-lighted intersection, turn left onto NE Pacific Place. At the next traffic light, turn left onto Montlake Boulevard and continue north approximately half a mile. When the road forks, bear right to stay on Montlake Blvd. Turn right at the first traffic light into the multi-lane north entrance to the large E1 parking lot.

soonersweetie
9/10/2008, 04:16 PM
I know it's stacked parking, which I really don't want. Any ideas as to where else to park that also allows tailgating?

califsooner
9/10/2008, 04:22 PM
I found these to be pretty helpful and am bringing the lot map with me for sure.

http://gohuskies.cstv.com/ot/transportation-fb-parking.html

http://gohuskies.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/wash/genrel/auto_pdf/08-fb-parking-locations

CK Sooner
9/10/2008, 04:23 PM
Do they have a message board?

n8v_ndn
9/10/2008, 04:52 PM
IN...got here 11pm ish last night. The weather is sunny and mild and no rain forecasted for the game (so far).

CK Sooner
9/10/2008, 04:55 PM
nvm

nmsoonergirl
9/10/2008, 04:57 PM
Capital Grille is a chain based out of Florida. They make fine steak, but there may be a better choice more more uniquely Seattle.

Stacked parking is weird.

The city operates a park and ride. I haven't looked into yet, but here's the website.

http://transit.metrokc.gov/up/spclevent/huskyfootball.html

Frozen Sooner
9/10/2008, 05:26 PM
What th... the TYEE MEMBERS?!?!? You named your booster club after Tyrone?! Tee hee... excuse me... I need to go post on another thread :D:D:D

Yeah, you might want to go do some research before you make yourself look really stupid on another thread. ;)

badger
9/10/2008, 07:56 PM
Yeah, you might want to go do some research before you make yourself look really stupid on another thread. ;)

too late... but that thread isn't meant to be taken seriously, so no biggie :)

colleyvillesooner
9/10/2008, 08:46 PM

Yeah, I guess. I'l most likely be in a white OU polo. With the blonde misses in tow, along with 2-5 other non messageboarders, so lets keep the nerdery to a minimum.

Name is Ben by the way, wife is Jennifer. Yep Bennifer. Go ahead and get it out of your system.

huskylawyer
9/10/2008, 10:32 PM
E1 is stacked paved parking (but next to a grass field if you want to run around a bit), but you still get plenty of room to throw down a table, chairs, a BBQ grill, etc...

soonersweetie
9/10/2008, 10:33 PM
Thanks, how long after the game is over do you have to wait (approx) to get out?

auto
9/11/2008, 01:16 AM
Just had me some off the hook food at this place http://www.chisoseattle.com/kappo/index.htm

Had drinks overlooking Elliot Bay at Sunset, I am relocating.

badger
9/11/2008, 07:29 AM
Ok, about to head out. The secret code for identifying yourself as a Sooner fan among Husky fans is yelling "Sooner" in response to someone yelling "Boomer." Once again, the code is Soon-er. S-o-o-n-e-r Sooner.

See you all there :D

colleyvillesooner
9/11/2008, 08:06 AM
Stupid 2 hour time change. :mad:

auto
9/11/2008, 08:34 AM
I am thinking the same as I wen to bed at 1:00a.m.

colleyvillesooner
9/11/2008, 09:11 AM
ouch.

Beautiful morning here though.

Lott's Bandana
9/11/2008, 09:14 AM
Just had me some off the hook food at this place http://www.chisoseattle.com/kappo/index.htm

Had drinks overlooking Elliot Bay at Sunset, I am relocating.

Such my favoritest city...yet Auto, don't be fooled! In about a month you wouldn't see the sun again until April sometime...

I can take about 3 days of that, then I gotta get some rays!

auto
9/11/2008, 10:13 AM
Such my favoritest city...yet Auto, don't be fooled! In about a month you wouldn't see the sun again until April sometime...

I can take about 3 days of that, then I gotta get some rays!

I am very familar with Alaska South, as I grew up in Ak. I am just tired of the summers in Texas. I would not be shocked in a few years if I am living up here.

The sunrise was beautiful, checking out the bay with the ferrys. Incredible.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/11/2008, 10:32 AM
Gotta see the game in my all-time fav city...had hotel rezzies for a year. Look out Halibut!Give us a fishing report in the SO after you go!

auto
9/11/2008, 10:47 AM
Goint to be at pikes around 11:a.m. if anyone wants to catch a drink.

Frozen Sooner
9/11/2008, 11:05 AM
I am very familar with Alaska South, as I grew up in Ak. I am just tired of the summers in Texas. I would not be shocked in a few years if I am living up here.

The sunrise was beautiful, checking out the bay with the ferrys. Incredible.

No kidding? Where about?

Born and raised (and living now) in Anchorage.

auto
9/11/2008, 11:10 AM
No kidding? Where about?

Born and raised (and living now) in Anchorage.

Kenai for a year, FBKS for 14. Be back next summer for fishing and 20th high school reunion. Always looking for free fishing trips:D

WA. Sooner
9/11/2008, 11:11 AM
People come up here in September and see how nice it is, then in the winter when it will rain for 90+ days in a row, not so much.
If I could get the ball and chain to move I would be back in Oklahoma in a heart beat.

soonersweetie
9/11/2008, 12:08 PM
That's the part I'm looking forward to, the rain. I love the rain and all summer we have had hardly any :( Of course I've only been here since Feb., people tell me that my love of the rain will go away soon. I'm not so sure.

WA. Sooner
9/11/2008, 01:06 PM
Well you will not get rain like in Oklahoma, it will just spit on you over and over and....

PDXsooner
9/11/2008, 01:39 PM
it's not that bad. the rain is simply liquid sunshine, which gently sprinkles you throughout the winter months.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/11/2008, 04:14 PM
Having a good time. Went to Pike Street Market and the STeelhead Seafood (something like that) Great. The market shuts down around 5 pm FYI. Heading to The Herbfarm tonight and will try to go to Die Bier Stube sometime while here. Anybody tailgating or meeting up at the game?

BTW - Bad Ike! We were evacuated from the house this morning - though gone, I had my neighbor empty the ice bin and had him turn off our water. Hope the house survives - we are in Clear Lake. Hard to be on vacation and have fun...We had our cat at the vets, we haven't heard from them so we hope they took him someplace safe.

OUFAN29
9/11/2008, 10:18 PM
Count me in as one that will be there. It has been fun at work wearing Sooners stuff all week and getting dirty looks. Of course the owner doesnt like the state of Oklahoma now that he lost his NBA team.

huskylawyer
9/11/2008, 10:54 PM
Sooner fans are already here in Seattle in force. While driving home today I saw quite a few in downtown Seattle...

Good luck everyone...look forward to seeing folks on Saturday.

Go Dawgs :)

califsooner
9/11/2008, 11:04 PM
.....that is so great!!! About to call it a night in cali and fly out at 7a and then join the fun. Everyone be safe as well.

auto
9/12/2008, 12:16 AM
Have seen and talked to a ton of Sooners today.

Crucifax Autumn
9/12/2008, 01:37 AM
Unfortunately I'm a poor bastard!

Lott's Bandana
9/12/2008, 03:28 AM
I'm 9 miles from Husky Stadium and 1 mile from Trader Joe's...ahhhhhh, heaven.

colleyvillesooner
9/12/2008, 09:29 AM
yep, seen alot of sooners so far.

Taking a "duck tour" today , then probably the 8:00 ferry to bainbridge and right back to see the skyline at night, then onto FX's.

nmsoonergirl
9/12/2008, 12:01 PM
I'm at the gate at Denver International waiting to board, and most of the folks on my flight are wearing sooner gear. I think this is a good omen.

Oh, and it's really rainy and cold here.

auto
9/12/2008, 01:12 PM
Sooners staying at the Sheraton need to eat/drink at Vons, incredible food and bar atmosphere.

Frozen Sooner
9/12/2008, 03:07 PM
Just checked in to the Sea-Tac Marriott. Guess who's here? The Pac-10 refs. :)
See everyone tonight.

FutureSoonerMom
9/12/2008, 10:30 PM
You are a nicer person than I - someone like me might be tempted to slip exlax in their drinks!!

I think we are NOT tailgating tomorrow - my husband got held up (out of town for work) and I'm going to have to just pick him up on the way to the stadium. :( Will look forward to seeing all the other Sooners there though!! (It'll be like old home week for him, since he's from OK - I just married into it).

The best part about it all is not only will it be fun to watch OU kick the stuffing out of the Huskies - but I will be collecting $60.00 from co-workers foolish enough to bet on it!! Yep, gonna be a good weekend !!

TheHumanAlphabet
9/12/2008, 11:51 PM
Sorry Mrs. THA and I didn't make the do tonight. We are in our room, watching hurricane coverage and drinking wine. Hoping our home doesn't get flooded or blown away. So far sounds good, knock on wood.

colleyvillesooner
9/13/2008, 03:42 AM
good to see the few who made it. Phil, Lott, Froze and SoonerBoomer93 I believe.

Badger and Pride: :mad:

phil said he was headed back t the hotel to do some bannings. Good luck. :D