PDA

View Full Version : Congrats...

Sabanball
9/7/2008, 06:22 PM
On the win yesterday. You guys really turned it up in the second half. I thought there for a while you weren't going to hit the 50 pt water mark that has seemingly become just a regular day at the office for your offense.

Looks like Washington is again fielding a pretty weak team this year, but they're usually scrappy on their home field in Seattle. I remember our lone trip out there very well, back in 1978 when we won the AP NC, we barely escaped there with a 20-17 victory after rolling them 52-0 a couple of years earlier in Tuscaloosa.

Unless a Pac 10 official(again) decides to steal this one from you guys, the "Big Red Machine" should win this one rather handily....

RTR
Boomer Sooner

CK Sooner
9/7/2008, 06:25 PM
Thanks.

I fully expect us to beat them Saturday, unless we play terrible.

swardboy
9/7/2008, 07:14 PM
I fully expect to beat them if we play terrible.

"Big Red Machine" is a bugeater term I do believe.....:mad:

Was that your bazillionth national title? :D

Sabanball
9/7/2008, 07:29 PM
I fully expect to beat them if we play terrible.

"Big Red Machine" is a bugeater term I do believe.....:mad:

Was that your bazillionth national title? :D

Dang, can't you take a compliment a little more graciously?:confused: ...Lol. I know it used to refer to the huskers, but don't you think its a more fitting title for your team? I do. In fact, I've never understood why Nebraska got that nickname in the first place--their official color is scarlet, NOT red.

Just a reminder on the MNC comment, the official NCAA record recognizes 19 NC's for us as they were determined by the major media outlets at the time. We Bama fans humbly lay claim to only 12.;)

RTR
BS

bri
9/7/2008, 07:32 PM
Well, our official color is crimson, so it doesn't fit us, either. Plus, it just makes me think that we're the Undertaker's half-brother. :D

Sabanball
9/7/2008, 08:00 PM
Well, our official color is crimson, so it doesn't fit us, either. Plus, it just makes me think that we're the Undertaker's half-brother. :D

Well, I guess we can all agree on the Cincinnati Reds of the '70s then as being the only real "Big Red Machine".:)

BudSooner
9/7/2008, 08:37 PM

Damn, that explains his "he's dead" comments.

He was speaking of the drunkard.;)

StoopTroup
9/7/2008, 08:42 PM
Well, I guess we can all agree on the Cincinnati Reds of the '70s then as being the only real "Big Red Machine".:)

BTW....I saw your pic in Fark Central.

Nice tats. :D ;)

royalfan5
9/7/2008, 08:43 PM
Dang, can't you take a compliment a little more graciously?:confused: ...Lol. I know it used to refer to the huskers, but don't you think its a more fitting title for your team? I do. In fact, I've never understood why Nebraska got that nickname in the first place--their official color is scarlet, NOT red.

Just a reminder on the MNC comment, the official NCAA record recognizes 19 NC's for us as they were determined by the major media outlets at the time. We Bama fans humbly lay claim to only 12.;)

RTR
BS

Go Big Scarlet doesn't quite roll of the tongue like Go Big Red.