PDA

View Full Version : A Sam B question

olevetonahill
9/7/2008, 03:28 PM
Do Yall think He would Be the QB he is Now If Josh wasnt His Coach ?
WE all Know the young Man has Great Talent , But I believe Josh Helped Bring it Out .
Im dayum Glad , Josh is here.

badger
9/7/2008, 03:30 PM
WE all Know the young Man has Great Talent , But I believe Josh Helped Bring it Out .

I would love to give Josh all the credit in the world, but I'm sure gameday experience, working out in the weight room, regular conditioning and self discipline are also factors in Sam's improvement.

I'm sure Sam would credit Josh and Josh would credit Sam. Perhaps we should agree with them on this one :)

Rogue
9/7/2008, 03:31 PM
Yes, I do. He started as a freshman after the RBomar fiasco. He may not be as savvy as he is already, but I think he'd win the job regardless of who is QB coach is. Chuck Long would have done a decent job with him. Seriously.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/7/2008, 03:32 PM
His O line is 90 % the reason he is the QB that he is

olevetonahill
9/7/2008, 03:32 PM
I would love to give Josh all the credit in the world, but I'm sure gameday experience, working out in the weight room, regular conditioning and self discipline are also factors in Sam's improvement.

I'm sure Sam would credit Josh and Josh would credit Sam. Perhaps we should agree with them on this one :)

Oh Hon I agree with you
Like I said Sam Is Great , I just think Josh brot out that extra edge to him .
Im dayum glad we Have em Both.;)

JLEW1818
9/7/2008, 03:34 PM
Coaching can only do so much for players (sometimes that is a lot). You have to work hard on your own and have mental skills. Josh didn't make Sam have the best passing efficiency in the nation last year. He sure did help, but in the end, it's up to the Quarterback. And not to mention a bad *** offensive line. He will be good in the NFL because he will have a NFL offensive line.

olevetonahill
9/7/2008, 03:35 PM
Yes, I do. He started as a freshman after the RBomar fiasco. He may not be as savvy as he is already, but I think he'd win the job regardless of who is QB coach is. Chuck Long would have done a decent job with him. Seriously.

I aint Dissin the Young Man at all .
Like I said I think with Josh being His QB coach that he brought Out that Intangible Factor.
Helped him step Up to a Higher Plane than I think he would have under anyone else.

badger
9/7/2008, 03:35 PM
Yes, I do. He started as a redshirt freshman one year after after the RBomar fiasco, because we all remember that Paul Thompson is so awesome that he stepped in after switching back to QB from wide receiver the year before for the good of the team and led us to a Big 12 championship, so I would never dream of leaving PT out of the QB discussion because ENA is so d@mn awesome. Wow, I have a man crush on PT. He is such a team player and we'll never forget what he did for Oklahoma.

:mad: Um... I fixed something for you. :mad:

olevetonahill
9/7/2008, 03:37 PM

Yup PT was a Great Sooner Also.
Im happy as hell to have the Auto G Pic of Him in #12:D

stoopified
9/7/2008, 04:00 PM
I think Josh should indeed get credit for Bradford's developement.I think Josh was born to coach and Sam is very coachable.Josh is the type of player who makes a great coach BECAUSE he wasn't physically gifted as a player.Players who have to work hard for excellence know how to pass on that knowledge and work ethic.

Killerbees
9/7/2008, 04:21 PM

Of course he wouldnt be the same QB. Josh is a great coach, he proved it with the difference in PT. Its not all Josh though, the coach can just show the player what he needs to do, Sam is the one doing the work in accomplishing what goals Josh sets for him. Having a great O-line, WRs, and RBs also helps set Sam up for success. Thats right its a TEAM effort, not just one person.

StormySooner-IN
9/7/2008, 04:45 PM
off topic.........why do all of olevets threads keep getting 1-star? Lol.

CK Sooner
9/7/2008, 04:46 PM

Lol. :D

stoopified
9/7/2008, 04:55 PM
His O line is 90 % the reason he is the QB that he isI am assuming that you just forgot the :):):) .
If not you have lost your mind.Granted no QB is great w/o his O-line but to say they are 90% of his sucess is ludicrous in the extreme.That theory will be tested next year however when we have 5 new starters on te O-line.Under your assesment Bradford will be 1/10 as effective as this year.I'm willing to bet that you are wrong.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/7/2008, 05:00 PM
your taking yourself and me too serious pal...I just think that coaches aren't the ones making sure he's not picking himself up off the ground every play....and the 1/10 thing is wrong also...he will still have an O line in front of him no matter it being different guys

Its easy to stand tall in the pocket and have calm pocket presence when you know your not going to get hit...when Sam did take a couple of shots, he looked not so hot for quite a while before getting things back in gear...of course the whole o seemed outta whack that whole quarter

The Maestro
9/7/2008, 05:07 PM
It's a great combo. Sam, the line, the receivers and backs and the coaches.

Rogue
9/7/2008, 05:10 PM

OK. I don't think he'd have beaten out that other kid and be playing last year though. So, really I meant what I wrote. But thanks.

I see what you did there and I didn't mean to suggest that PT was a non-factor. Just that it's funny how well things turned out for us and for Sam B.

olevetonahill
9/7/2008, 05:30 PM

I haz an anonimuz Fan :D
He aint got the Balls to Neg me so he 1 stars my threads ;)

Rogue
9/7/2008, 05:35 PM
I haz an anonimuz Fan :D
He aint got the Balls to Neg me so he 1 stars my threads ;)

It's weird. Figure out who it is yet? Do you know it's a d00d?

olevetonahill
9/7/2008, 05:39 PM
It's weird. Figure out who it is yet? Do you know it's a d00d?

Naw, the Only time it bothers Me is when I start a thread about Vets or Hurt Kids .;)

badger
9/7/2008, 06:03 PM
OK. I don't think he'd have beaten out that other kid and be playing last year though. So, really I meant what I wrote. But thanks.

I see what you did there and I didn't mean to suggest that PT was a non-factor. Just that it's funny how well things turned out for us and for Sam B.

:) It's all good, but there's definitely a reason we redshirted Sammy for a year, and it was PT :)

stoopified
9/7/2008, 06:46 PM
your taking yourself and me too serious pal...I just think that coaches aren't the ones making sure he's not picking himself up off the ground every play....and the 1/10 thing is wrong also...he will still have an O line in front of him no matter it being different guys

Its easy to stand tall in the pocket and have calm pocket presence when you know your not going to get hit...when Sam did take a couple of shots, he looked not so hot for quite a while before getting things back in gear...of course the whole o seemed outta whack that whole quarterWith no smileys I can only take you literally at your word.Having done so I conclude that you are wldly inaccurrate.I suggest you watch OU's games a little closer as he has often been pressured and hit but still performs.Like any other QB if the line doesn't block,the qb can't perform well BUT as I said before there is NO WAY 90% of Sam's sucess can be attributed to the line.As for Sam having an O-line next year ,of course he will but it will be a rebuilt and inexperienced line which is unlikely to afford him the level of protection he had last year orwill have this year.

badger
9/7/2008, 06:49 PM
With no smileys I can only take you literally at your word.

:D Y SO SRS??? :D

;)

stoops the eternal pimp
9/8/2008, 04:59 PM
[QUOTE=stoopified;2389776] .I suggest you watch OU's games a little closer as he has often been pressured and hit but still performs. QUOTE]

often been pressured? ..he was sacked all of 14 times last season and rarely was put on the ground...he was pressured a lot in the bowl game and his numbers showed it...nothing against him..

Here is a comparison for ya...McCoy was sacked exactly the same amount(14) his freshman year and was considered one of the greatest freshman qbs ever...his soph year, he's sacked 27 times which leads to a lot less production..all of a sudden McCoy is in a slump and people ignore that those lots of tds and hardly any INTs had anything to do with the ol...he threw 10 less TDs(i think) and 11 more INTs last season..I think

You put Bradford in that situation last year behind Texas line, and he has the same numbers as mccoy, probably not as good, because McCoy can run with the ball decent

KingBarry
9/9/2008, 03:25 AM

So badj admits that Sam is lifting weights! (that is really the secret to success);)

ashley
9/9/2008, 07:27 AM
An old coach told me one time that to be really good you have to be really good you have to have three or four players that can play better than you can coach.
Great ones are going to be great where ever they play.

ashley
9/9/2008, 07:28 AM
Please excuse the second sentence. I majored in P.E.

olevetonahill
9/9/2008, 07:35 AM

I cant spek so
HEH

LSUdeek
9/9/2008, 08:03 AM

What about the first? heh