PDA

View Full Version : Beal's the Real Deal

soonerspudman
9/7/2008, 02:18 PM
10 tackles
2 for loss
1 sack
massive disruption on almost every play

Hope he got a game ball, Beal has greatness written all over him.

SoonerProphet
9/7/2008, 02:21 PM
Seems they stood him up quite a bit like a linebacker in the old 5-2. Did it with English on a few plays too.

CK Sooner
9/7/2008, 02:22 PM
That he is.

I'm still disappointed he didn't get a spot in the intro video. :D

I expect great things from him this year.

CK Sooner
9/7/2008, 02:23 PM
Seems they stood him up quite a bit like a linebacker in the old 5-2. Did it with English on a few plays too.

I saw that. It looked like it worked too.

htownsooner7
9/7/2008, 02:38 PM
We have a formidable pass rush for sure. I'll bet its one of the best in the country. Travis Lewis played a hell of a game as well.

KRYPTON
9/8/2008, 12:01 PM
Imagine how many sacks we would have had if Cincy wasn't holding McCoy every. G. D. Play.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/8/2008, 12:34 PM
look at some Tommie Harris clips..I don't know that he played a down where he wasn't held

CK Sooner
9/8/2008, 12:43 PM
We have a formidable pass rush for sure. I'll bet its one of the best in the country. Travis Lewis played a hell of a game as well.

Austin who?

boomersooner28
9/8/2008, 12:43 PM
Beal and Lewis impressed the hell outta me. And at least these guys seem to HIT people. Even Keenan Clayton. If KC gets a clean look at ya, he's gonna bring the pain.

DrZaius
9/8/2008, 01:53 PM
Me was very pleased with the DLine Saturday. It will only get better as the season progresses. I am really looking forward to seeing the maturing of Lewis and Box play.

illinisooner
9/8/2008, 02:23 PM
I really liked the way Beal was used, a few times they had him in a spy on the RB or almost in the standup DE position. It's a great way to take advantage of his athleticism, let's remember he came to OU as a linebacker. He had one play where he was either offsides or had the best jump in the history of the world, even though he didn't get the QB.

sooner94
9/8/2008, 02:24 PM
I liked how they moved Beal around right up until the snap. I remember we did that with Dan Cody a few years ago.

Spinner? Is that what we called it?