PDA

View Full Version : Political threads pledge

Okla-homey
9/7/2008, 01:51 PM
In the interest of board peace and love, from this point until 11/4*, I won't start any more political threads. I will, however, respond if my guy is attacked or information put forth by others is false and/or misleading.

This will be difficult because I enjoy politics and political debate. I'll settle for reading what's posted and crafting responses to political threads begun by others. Nevertheless, my sense is this is what people here want, and I want to be cooperative member of OUr little community.

*After 11/4, if we have a winner; meaning it doesn't go into extra innings like 2000, I won't start any either.

I reserve the right to post observations on international events and national security affairs. Oh, and if they ever find Bigfoot or Batboy, I'm all over it.

There you have it. Carry on.

Rogue
9/7/2008, 02:11 PM
Did someone tell you that you were starting too many?
You DO start your fair share and I'll be amazed if you can pull this off; just wondering what prompts this insight and change of behavior.

I like the political threads, but I understand that the others on the SO might get miffed when the whole front page is full of them.

Don't know if it would be worth having a separate forum for politics or not; the SO would be kinda weird without politics, but it's kinda weird when it's 90% politics too.

Okla-homey
9/7/2008, 02:15 PM
Did someone tell you that you were starting too many?
You DO start your fair share and I'll be amazed if you can pull this off; just wondering what prompts this insight and change of behavior.

I like the political threads, but I understand that the others on the SO might get miffed when the whole front page is full of them.

Don't know if it would be worth having a separate forum for politics or not; the SO would be kinda weird without politics, but it's kinda weird when it's 90% politics too.

No one said anything, but you can kind of tell from subtle cues from folks. As far as 90% politics goes, its the political season and its natural there should be a bunch. Nevertheless, I'm on the wagon.

Veritas
9/7/2008, 02:36 PM
Dude, I hope you're not reading "subtle cues" from me. Start all the threads you want as far as I'm concerned. My interest is in keeping the partisans on the board from reaching critical mass as we approach election day.

Okla-homey
9/7/2008, 02:44 PM
Dude, I hope you're not reading "subtle cues" from me. Start all the threads you want as far as I'm concerned. My interest is in keeping the partisans on the board from reaching critical mass as we approach election day.

Not at all my friend. Just trying to do my part. A little unilateral disarmament if you will.

olevetonahill
9/7/2008, 02:48 PM

Can I still Bait Rus ? :D

Scott D
9/7/2008, 03:29 PM
Can I still Bait Rus ? :D

you act like that's a challenge. Rus is living proof that you can be dumb as a rock and be qualified to stand in a suit in a courtroom.

Then again, that sums up lawyers as a whole imo. :)

olevetonahill
9/7/2008, 03:43 PM
you act like that's a challenge. Rus is living proof that you can be dumb as a rock and be qualified to stand in a suit in a courtroom.

Then again, that sums up lawyers as a whole imo. :)

I just dont wanna get bained again fer Baitin the Dude ;)

Scott D
9/7/2008, 03:54 PM
I just dont wanna get bained again fer Baitin the Dude ;)

it's not like you need to speak on anything political to bait him.

olevetonahill
9/7/2008, 04:00 PM
it's not like you need to speak on anything political to bait him.

I had him so Mad One Night He threatend to Kill me :D :D :D :D
we Both got some time off :cool:

CK Sooner
9/7/2008, 04:04 PM
I had him so Mad One Night He threatend to Kill me :D :D :D :D
we Both got some time off :cool:

You got banned?! :eek:

olevetonahill
9/7/2008, 05:38 PM
You got banned?! :eek:

Ive done time In hole Twice Now :O

BudSooner
9/7/2008, 05:49 PM

MUST RESIST TEMPTATION......... :D

r5TPsooner
9/7/2008, 06:35 PM

Come talk to me when you do real time biatch.:D

Harry Beanbag
9/7/2008, 06:41 PM
I still don't understand why there can't be a politics forum. I've heard the reasons for it, but I still don't buy it. Oh well, it's not my board and it doesn't bother me in the slightest to have 20 political threads on the first page of the SO.

r5TPsooner
9/7/2008, 06:45 PM
I still don't understand why there can't be a politics forum. I've heard the reasons for it, but I still don't buy it. Oh well, it's not my board and it doesn't bother me in the slightest to have 20 political threads on the first page of the SO.

I agree. The Blender (no offense to those of you who use it sparingly) but that seems like as logical a place as any.

Assign 1 or 2 mods to that place alone, and it seems like it would work. Every other site I visit that's a message board has one of these and it has cut down on a lot of nastiness and bickering.

However, it's not my board and it doesn't bother me in the slightest to have 10-20 political threads on the first page of the SO. I just look at the person who starts the thread and I pretty much know what direction it's gonna go, so I pick and choose as wisely as one can.

Curly Bill
9/7/2008, 06:49 PM
Totally not in favor of a separate political forum. Besides, take politics off the SO right now and there's not much else there.

r5TPsooner
9/7/2008, 06:50 PM
Totally not in favor of a separate political forum. Besides, take politics off the SO right now and there's not much else there.

Not true. "What are you listening to now" is always there... always.

Curly Bill
9/7/2008, 06:52 PM
Not true. "What are you listening to now" is always there... always.

Well, there's that and......er, well there's that. :D

Harry Beanbag
9/7/2008, 07:48 PM
Besides, take politics off the SO right now and there's not much else there.

That's another discussion altogether right there.

OKC-SLC
9/7/2008, 08:19 PM
In the interest of board peace and love, from this point until 11/4*, I won't start any more political threads. I will, however, respond if my guy is attacked or information put forth by others is false and/or misleading.

This will be difficult because I enjoy politics and political debate. I'll settle for reading what's posted and crafting responses to political threads begun by others. Nevertheless, my sense is this is what people here want, and I want to be cooperative member of OUr little community.

*After 11/4, if we have a winner; meaning it doesn't go into extra innings like 2000, I won't start any either.

I reserve the right to post observations on international events and national security affairs. Oh, and if they ever find Bigfoot or Batboy, I'm all over it.

There you have it. Carry on.

I am hereby on record as vehemently opposed to this decision.

Agree with your opinions or not, yours are well thought out and fact-based political posts.

StoopTroup
9/7/2008, 08:23 PM
I am hereby on record as vehemently opposed to this decision.

Agree with your opinions or not, yours are well thought out and fact-based political posts.

I have to agree also.

I think beating a dead horse gets old but when Sarah was picked...we got so much new material.

It hasn't been exhausted yet IMO. :D :pop:

Rogue
9/7/2008, 09:06 PM
Really I don't see that Homey will be posting any less, just STARTING less threads. I daresay that in every political thread, both guys will be attacked and someone will say something that he will find false or misleading.

I remember when Homey baned himself. No 'Good Morning' threads from Homey. Bad times.

StoopTroup
9/7/2008, 09:16 PM
Really I don't see that Homey will be posting any less, just STARTING less threads. I daresay that in every political thread, both guys will be attacked and someone will say something that he will find false or misleading.

I remember when Homey baned himself. No 'Good Morning' threads from Homey. Bad times.

Thanks. :D ;)

http://z.about.com/d/coins/1/0/j/0/-/-/Rust_Quarter_Filled_Die_Obv_400.jpg

Scott D
9/7/2008, 09:31 PM

it can be argued that even with politics here there's not much worthwhile to read.

JohnnyMack
9/7/2008, 09:34 PM
Meh. Homey figures enough mud's been slung towards the left and now that it starting to come back in force towards the right he says he'll take the high road in some silly effort to make it look like he's a beacon of morality in this whole thing. :rolleyes:

olevetonahill
9/7/2008, 09:36 PM
Meh. Homey figures enough mud's been slung towards the left and now that it starting to come back in force towards the right he says he'll take the high road in some silly effort to make it look like he's a beacon of morality in this whole thing. :rolleyes:

Are you baiting Him ???????? :eek: :D

r5TPsooner
9/7/2008, 09:40 PM
Are you baiting Him ???????? :eek: :D

Hook, line, and sinker.

Jimminy Crimson
9/7/2008, 11:49 PM
This is horrible, this idea.

Fraggle145
9/8/2008, 01:29 AM
The only thing that ever got to me was the constant poll updates... Its like complaining that OU isnt ranked number one in September. Who cares :confused: Now when it gets within a few weeks that would be a lot more salient.

KingBarry
9/8/2008, 03:45 AM
when Sarah was picked...we got so much new material.

I second this guy. I can not speak enough about Governor Palin.

In fact, I love her so much for purely irrational reasons that I can finally, finally understand (a little bit) how the Dems feel about Obama.

r5TPsooner
9/8/2008, 10:10 AM
I have to agree also.

I think beating a dead horse gets old but when Sarah was picked...we got so much new material.

You can also add Bristol to the mix. Yes, she's been "tapped" in the literal sense obviously, but with her breast size, we'll have material for weeks.;)

Veritas
9/8/2008, 10:16 AM
You can also add Bristol to the mix. Yes, she's been "tapped" in the literal sense obviously, but with her breast size, I'll have spankin' material for weeks.;)
Fixed. :)

SoonerInKCMO
9/8/2008, 10:29 AM
You can also add Bristol to the mix. Yes, she's been "tapped" in the literal sense obviously, but with her breast size, we'll have material for weeks.;)

Fixed. :)

Ashley Biden >>>>> Bristol Palin.

Not just because she's more attractive - also because, well, she's an actual adult.

SoonerInKCMO
9/8/2008, 10:31 AM
I second this guy. I can not speak enough about Governor Palin.

In fact, I love her so much for purely irrational reasons that I can finally, finally understand (a little bit) how the Dems feel about Obama.

Palin has made me understand a group of people better as well. Before her nomination, I wasn't able to understand the seething anger and hatred that seemed to ooze out of some folks every bodily orifice when they would encounter Hilary. Now I do.

SouthFortySooner
9/8/2008, 01:51 PM
...the no more political threads has become a, well, political thread... :confused:

r5TPsooner
9/8/2008, 02:22 PM
Ashley Biden >>>>> Bristol Palin.

Not just because she's more attractive - also because, well, she's an actual adult.

Stanley1 would hit it regardless.

Just sayin.:D

Frozen Sooner
9/8/2008, 05:56 PM
I'll go you one better.

I will not post a single thing of a political nature from here until the election.

I've come to realize that I'm simply working from a different set of postulates than many here. That being the case, discussion of the end results of those postulates is completely worthless and just ends up in endless wrangling.

Homey, I'll issue you a challenge:

For every post of a political nature I make between now and 11/4, I will make a $1 donation to the RNC, or the Republican candidate of my choice.

For every post of a political nature YOU make between now and 11/4, YOU donate $1 to the DNC or a Democratic candidate of your choice.

Alternately, we could also donate to the Red Cross or other charity.

I trust your personal honor to hold to the bargain if you choose to accept.

Be nice to each other in political threads, or the hammer comes down.

That is all.

Oh, and stop putting red dots on people's control panel saying cruddy things then whining to the moderators when they do it back to you. Because that's annoying as all hell.

Rogue
9/8/2008, 06:27 PM
Oh, and stop putting red dots on people's control panel saying cruddy things then whining to the moderators when they do it back to you. Because that's annoying as all hell.

Did you kill the spek because you were annoyed?
If you did, that'd be annoying as hell. :D

Curly Bill
9/8/2008, 06:31 PM

ditto

Rogue
9/8/2008, 06:33 PM
I'm not trying to start any rumors. Just coincidentally notice Mike's post after the spek was lost.

Okla-homey
9/8/2008, 06:59 PM
I'll go you one better.

I will not post a single thing of a political nature from here until the election.

I've come to realize that I'm simply working from a different set of postulates than many here. That being the case, discussion of the end results of those postulates is completely worthless and just ends up in endless wrangling.

Homey, I'll issue you a challenge:

For every post of a political nature I make between now and 11/4, I will make a $1 donation to the RNC, or the Republican candidate of my choice.

For every post of a political nature YOU make between now and 11/4, YOU donate $1 to the DNC or a Democratic candidate of your choice.

Alternately, we could also donate to the Red Cross or other charity.

I trust your personal honor to hold to the bargain if you choose to accept.

Be nice to each other in political threads, or the hammer comes down.

That is all.

sorry. too hard to enforce. Just about everything has some political implications, thus it would too difficult to decide if a contemplated post warranted contribution to the kitty, cuss jar, etc. I will, however, eschew ad hominum attacks.

I'll stick with not starting any political threads. But I reserve the right to finish 'em. Like BHO is finished, sitting there all glum and wishing he had chosen Kathleen Sebelius as his running mate which would have been checkmate and prevented JSM from picking your awesomeful Governor as his comrade in the struggle to end world-wide Obamism.:D

In the end, BHO will have only himself to blame on 11/4 when he comes up short. Not pervasive racism, not crooked voting machines, not hanging chads. Just damn poor judgment. Rookie mistake? Mebbe so, but if a knucklehead in Tulsa could see it coming, then WTF is he paying his advisors for?

StoopTroup
9/8/2008, 08:01 PM
Once she actually starts answering the media's questions instead of having them "Mack Browned"...I might agree that Obama made a mistake.

I'm just a knuclehead from Tulsa who sees her Governess not standing up for herself.

To many folks spoke for her IMO.

If she's the tough hard-nose decision maker they make her out to be...then let's see it.

I just see a very nice Lady who is in over her head right now.

Again...I'm just a knuclehead from Tulsa though.

JohnnyMack
9/8/2008, 08:49 PM
Again...I'm just a knuclehead from Tulsa though.

True.

Frozen Sooner
9/8/2008, 08:54 PM

ditto

If I had the power to turn off reputation I would have done it months ago. The fact that it was still operational today should give you an idea that I don't.

Scott D
9/8/2008, 08:56 PM
now you people need to respect how much juice I got.