PDA

View Full Version : NFL - 09/07/08

bluedogok
9/7/2008, 01:36 PM
At the half of the 12:00 games
CIN - 0
BAL - 10
Mark Clayton has a 42 yard TD run on a double reverse.

KC - 3
NE - 7
Brady out with knee injury in 1st quarter.

NYJ - 13
MIA - 7
Favre with two TD passes, 2 pt. attempt on second TD failed.

HOU - 3
PIT - 21

JAX - 7
TEN - 10

DET - 14
ATL - 21

SEA - 7
BUF - 17

TB - 10
NO - 7

STL - 0
PHI - 21

oumartin
9/7/2008, 01:38 PM
Watched the Clayton run on t.v. Looked pretty impressive

bluedogok
9/7/2008, 01:40 PM
I have the Pats-Chiefs game on the big screen (with the Pats radio on Sirius) and the game mix on the small TV. I just saw it on the half highlights, looked pretty good. Even the Pats radio announcers were impressed by Clayton's run.

StormySooner-IN
9/7/2008, 02:21 PM
My dad got a call from his brother earlier.

He just got a free ticket to the Colts game tonight in the new stadium. I got left behind. :( :mad:

OH well....still excited to see the Browns, Colts....and esp AD and the Vikes tomm night!! :D

The Maestro
9/7/2008, 02:56 PM
Pennington now with a chance to beat the Jets. Fish down 6 with 1:43 with no timeouts.

bluedogok
9/7/2008, 02:59 PM
Pats win over the Chiefs 17-10, Brady went out with a knee injury and Croyle went out with a shoulder injury.

Falcons beat Lions 34-21, Michael Turner (ATL) 220 yards rushing.

Steelers beat Texans 38-17

StormySooner-IN
9/7/2008, 03:05 PM
Pennington now with a chance to beat the Jets. Fish down 6 with 1:43 with no timeouts.Did ya see all that? Dang, they were close....

bluedogok
9/7/2008, 03:08 PM
Yep, if you are going to get a PI penalty, get your moneys worth. There is no way he should have been able to catch the ball if you are going to mug him. Take your yards and get another chance. Ginn has All-World potential but seems to have half a football brain.

Rogue
9/7/2008, 03:29 PM
Dallas' passing game looks sharp. I've been worried about the run game with the loss of a key OLman.

Because of the weirdness that is fantasy football, as a lifelong Cowboys fan I'm rooting for Derek Anderson as Cleveland's QB and TO who is my least favorite Cowboy of all time. So, I want them to get huge yards and lots of touchdowns, but I bet the "under" too so I don't want too much scoring. Weird times since free agency and fantasy football.

bluedogok
9/7/2008, 04:09 PM
They said Brodney Pool was out for Cleveland today because of concussions, hopefully he gets better soon.

Rogue
9/7/2008, 04:39 PM
Where the heck is Anquan Boldin? He's caught 0 for 0. :mad:

TUSooner
9/7/2008, 04:51 PM
Dear Fox: Please fire at least four of your studio commenatators; I don't even care which ones. The world does not need half of the retired NFL players yakkking about the games (and over each other) with their stale, inane opinions. They just don't have that much to say that's worth hearing.
TIA.

TUSooner
9/7/2008, 04:53 PM
Pennington now with a chance to beat the Jets. Fish down 6 with 1:43 with no timeouts.

I thought he beat the Jets a lot when he played for them. :confused: :O

The Maestro
9/7/2008, 05:19 PM
Boldin doing better now...man, the Cards have talent. Just gotta learn how to win. They have forced 4 turnovers, yet they only lead by 3. A crazy organization that just can't creating a winning atmosphere.

Rogue
9/7/2008, 05:21 PM
Yay! Boldin getting some stats now. Thanks Maestro.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/7/2008, 05:23 PM
Kurt Warner sucks is the reason Cardinal WRs cant get the stats....I ve got Fitzgerald...at least he has a TD

The Maestro
9/7/2008, 05:28 PM
Kurt Warner sucks is the reason Cardinal WRs cant get the stats....I ve got Fitzgerald...at least he has a TD

Well, he's no Leinart! :)

Cards just ran one in on 4th...up 20-10. I think these Cards could make the playoffs cause the NFC West is so bad.

bluedogok
9/7/2008, 07:06 PM
Dear Fox: Please fire at least four of your studio commenatators; I don't even care which ones. The world does not need half of the retired NFL players yakkking about the games (and over each other) with their stale, inane opinions. They just don't have that much to say that's worth hearing.
TIA.
I was watching the F1 race this morning up until the games started so I missed all of the pre-game shows. NFL halftimes are so short that they don't have much time to talk with all of the commercials they try to stuff in there. Plus with Sunday Ticket, I switch to another game at the half or at the end of a game.

tommieharris91
9/7/2008, 07:31 PM
Both Tommie Harris and Dusty Dvoracek are playing for the Bears tonight. I thought Tommie was injured.

BudSooner
9/7/2008, 07:45 PM
According to Yahoo sports, Brady is out for the rest of the season.

OU-HSV
9/7/2008, 07:58 PM
I'm not having a good day. My first round draft pick Tom Brady goes down, and all the early reports lean toward this being a season ending injury.
One of my RBs (Marion Barber)/my second round draft pick had a great game, then left w/bruised ribs in the 3rd qtr.
After seeing the stats that the rookie Tenn. RB Chris Johnson was putting up today, I picked him up and later I read a report that he actually left the game in the 4th qtr with a leg injury.
I have Mark Clayton, but left him on the bench cause I wanted to see how much they wold use him this week.
Anyways, it's been a rough opening weekend for my fantasy team. Bad luck for me this season already it seems.

Newbomb Turk
9/7/2008, 07:59 PM
He just got a free ticket to the Colts game tonight in the new stadium.

kind of a cool looking stadium.

r5TPsooner
9/7/2008, 08:07 PM
It was nice to see Cleveland Browns stadium again. Damn that's a nice facility right off the lake, but COOOOOOOOOLD in the winter time.

bluedogok
9/7/2008, 08:08 PM
kind of a cool looking stadium.
We saw it under construction last summer when we were in Indy for the F1 race. Like all of the newer stadiums, it dwarfs the Hoosier Dome like Reliant and the Astrodome.

BudSooner
9/7/2008, 08:20 PM
I'm not having a good day. My first round draft pick Tom Brady goes down, and all the early reports lean toward this being a season ending injury.
One of my RBs (Marion Barber)/my second round draft pick had a great game, then left w/bruised ribs in the 3rd qtr.
After seeing the stats that the rookie Tenn. RB Chris Johnson was putting up today, I picked him up and later I read a report that he actually left the game in the 4th qtr with a leg injury.
I have Mark Clayton, but left him on the bench cause I wanted to see how much they wold use him this week.
Anyways, it's been a rough opening weekend for my fantasy team. Bad luck for me this season already it seems.

I gave up on Fantasy football this year, the past 3 i've taken a beating so bad that the Dolphins were laughing at me. :D

bluedogok
9/7/2008, 08:25 PM
I didn't get any teams this year either.

OU-HSV
9/7/2008, 08:29 PM
I gave up on Fantasy football this year, the past 3 i've taken a beating so bad that the Dolphins were laughing at me. :D

Ha ha. That is pretty bad. :D

Well I don't usually do too bad, I actually got 2nd place in a 10 team league a few years ago I believe. But last season and this season, I haven't had good luck. Last year my first round pick was Drew Brees....we all know he didn't do a damn thing the first 4 weeks of the season, so I dumped him and picked up Derek Anderson (who ended up having a good season). But it just sucks when a first round pick goes wasted.

bluedogok
9/7/2008, 09:05 PM
On NBC at the half they said reports have come out that Chris Simms has been invited to come to New England about the QB position.

sooner59
9/7/2008, 09:21 PM
Im going to puke. As a Patriots fan, im depressed that the season is lost now. Brady is out and the whole team's hopes for a Super Bowl is lost for another year. And adding Christina Simms makes me want to hurl. Im changing my Super Bowl picks to Dallas vs. Indy. Although Indy isn't looking that great against Da Bears right now. Here's hoping for a Green Bay vs. Jets Super Bowl and a Jets win just to see the look on the Packers' management faces.

tommieharris91
9/7/2008, 09:57 PM
This is my first time watching Da Bears this season, and so far, I'm very impressed. I like Orton a lot more than Grossman, simply because Orton doesn't make wild throws that turn into INTs. Forte looks good. The defense has looked very effective so far. I like the way this is going.

sooner59
9/7/2008, 10:05 PM
Da Bears look like a force in the NFC so far. Anyone else think that Chicago has found a decent QB in Orton? I know he played before, be he seems much more confident now and has more awareness in the pocket and a nicer touch on the ball than Grossman. If Orton and their D keep playing like this, watch out NFC.