PDA

View Full Version : Political Threads

Veritas
9/7/2008, 11:57 AM
We have six more months of this BS: two months until the elections, four months after for the losing partisans to whine and moan about it.

So I'm going to put the (my) moderation criteria out in the open for you ticklefighters to be aware of going forward.

Thread Locking
I hate locking threads because it's such obvious moderation. IMO a good moderator is like a good sound guy: you never really notice him, but everything runs smoothly. That said, sometimes its the best thing for the board, so any thread where the posts become about the posters rather than the thread subject will likely be locked. As for the posters involved...

Personal Attacks
This will earn you a 14 day vacation. However, it's obvious that personal attacks are usually a response to baiting, so...

Baiting
This be treated as stalking and will earn you a 90 day vacation. Some of you get quite a kick out of winding up other posters in the hopes they'll snap and get baned. Tolerance for this crap will be very very low.

Warnings
Everyone gets one warning.

Please try to be cool to each other, even if you think the other poster is a retarded idiot suffering from delusions that are causing them to politically support the love child of Satan and Saddam Hussein.

Just so my personal politics are out in the open, I'm not a member of any political party. The only issues I care about are economics and foreign policy. I would vote for the love child of Satan and Saddam Hussein if he (she?) demonstrated a clear and applicable understanding of both.

Edit:
The thread hider I wrote:
http://www.anovasolutions.com/so_annoying_political_th.user.js
Obviously this works to hide any thread that bugs you. coughwayltchough

Link to the thread that has instructions:
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119057

PhilTLL
9/7/2008, 12:01 PM
You should put the link for the Greasemonkey applet here. It's delightful.

JohnnyMack
9/7/2008, 12:13 PM
Why don't you guys just make an "Election 2008" forum and then delete it on Nov. 5th?

Veritas
9/7/2008, 12:21 PM
Why don't you guys just make an "Election 2008" forum and then delete it on Nov. 5th?
The reason I got made a mod during the last election was because I suggested that idea to the powers that be and offered to moderate the forum. IMO it's a decent idea but not something I have the ability to make reality.

Also, I'll add the polithread killer link to my original post.

StoopTroup
9/7/2008, 12:29 PM
I'll read all that once I get back from Elk Hunting with Sarah.

Is that baiting?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/7/2008, 01:08 PM
If someone is posting some pathetic horsesh*t that shows he/she is a whiny victim, or otherwise believes in nannystatism, or abridgement of freedom, and chooses to espouse some leftist jerkw*d politician, said person should be called out, baited, and duly insulted....and, you mods ought to "Let 'er Rip".

GottaHavePride
9/7/2008, 01:38 PM
Yeah, THAT'll work. Because if we allow THAT, we have to allow them to fire back at any "nazi fascist right-wing neo-con jerkw*ds" that they see, and then everybody and their weiner dogs are reporting posts crying to mods to ban people.

Because, frankly, LAS is better at starting **** than you are, and HE'S a Republican. Yet somehow he seems to get lumped in with the "lefties". And he's been very well behaved recently. Heck, I can't even REMEMBER how many times he and Tuba got banned before you even registered on this board. You can't have it both ways.

9/7/2008, 03:09 PM
Yeah, THAT'll work. Because if we allow THAT, we have to allow them to fire back at any "nazi fascist right-wing neo-con jerkw*ds" that they see, and then everybody and their weiner dogs are reporting posts crying to mods to ban people.

Because, frankly, LAS is better at starting **** than you are, and HE'S a Republican. Yet somehow he seems to get lumped in with the "lefties". And he's been very well behaved recently. Heck, I can't even REMEMBER how many times he and Tuba got banned before you even registered on this board. You can't have it both ways.No, it should be open, both ways. LAS is a lefty republican. It shouldn't come as a surprise to you how he gets lumped.

Rogue
9/7/2008, 03:24 PM
Let me get in here before THIS get locked. :D

Mods have their work cut out for them, but hey, they're mods so I'm not feeling sorry for ya. Glad you're trying to do it and not me. Thanks for the ground rules. Baiting will be hard to moderate, IMO. Heck, I think I've baited Homey before I realized I was baiting him. Just arguing about military and politics and stuff.

It's really not that hard if everyone keeps the personal attack/defense out of it. Focus on the issues, those actually IN the races, and it should work just fine.

V, regarding your issues, those are the ones that really matter in the POTUS election versus the hot button emotionally charged issues like babies and God and my 2nd amendment rights that are more important in the congressional elections. I see where it's easier for you to keep a cool head.

tommieharris91
9/7/2008, 03:25 PM
If someone is posting some pathetic horsesh*t that shows he/she is a whiny victim, or otherwise believes in nannystatism, or abridgement of freedom, and chooses to espouse some leftist jerkw*d politician, said person should be called out, baited, and duly insulted....and, you mods ought to "Let 'er Rip".

No, it should be open, both ways.
Are you really this two-faced?

9/7/2008, 03:26 PM
They should "Let er rip". Death threats should be reported to the police. That's pretty much all the mods should do, IMO.

Scott D
9/7/2008, 03:27 PM
I still think you should just ban JohnnyMack and Okla-Homey until the election is over, or they do some Nebraska Wrasslin style mansecks with each other on "Political Dorks Gone Wild" hosted by Rush Franken.

9/7/2008, 03:27 PM
Are you really this two-faced?Haha, look who's talking!

olevetonahill
9/7/2008, 03:45 PM
I still think you should just ban JohnnyMack and Okla-Homey until the election is over, or they do some Nebraska Wrasslin style mansecks with each other on "Political Dorks Gone Wild" hosted by Rush Franken.

But Verytittays has to do the refin . :hot:

Scott D
9/7/2008, 03:55 PM
only he and rf5 would be qualified. :)

proud gonzo
9/7/2008, 04:23 PM
This policy is going swimmingly already--well done, sirs!

SoonerBorn68
9/7/2008, 04:26 PM
Veritattys knew this thread was full of fail before he posted it.

He was just hoping we'd call each other names in this thread instead of the others. :D

Rogue
9/7/2008, 04:52 PM
There should be a list of who's baned somewhere.
So I don't try to PM Olevet when he's on probation. ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
9/7/2008, 04:58 PM
, and then everybody and their weiner dogs are reporting posts crying to mods to ban people.

Leave Vet's dog outta this..:D

Sooner_Bob
9/7/2008, 09:47 PM
:mack: People who report posts are whiney little babies . . . read it, ignore/respond to it and move on.

I've said a thousand times, while something posted on here may royally chap my hide and irritate the living crap out of me, nothing that I read here will ever ruin my life or ruin my day. If there are people out there like that they need to move on and/or get a life. If something posted on here upsets you that much, neg the heck out of the poster, respond and move on. I've gotten into way too many worthless/endless arguments on here to ever have to worry about stuff anymore. It just ain't worth it.

Chosing to post here implies that you're chosing to put up with the normal message board bravado.

Most of us are adults. Confrontation is a part of life. Stupid people saying stupid things is a part of life. Road rage is a part of life. Discussing politics is a part of life. Disagreeing is a part of life.

:bsmf: It's just the internets!!!

VeeJay
9/7/2008, 09:53 PM
Kudos to you, Bob for a post that is spot on.

Sooner24
9/7/2008, 09:58 PM
:mack: People who report posts are whiney little babies . . . read it, ignore/respond to it and move on.

I've said a thousand times, while something posted on here may royally chap my hide and irritate the living crap out of me, nothing that I read here will ever ruin my life or ruin my day. If there are people out there like that they need to move on and/or get a life. If something posted on here upsets you that much, neg the heck out of the poster, respond and move on. I've gotten into way too many worthless/endless arguments on here to ever have to worry about stuff anymore. It just ain't worth it.

Chosing to post here implies that you're chosing to put up with the normal message board bravado.

Most of us are adults. Confrontation is a part of life. Stupid people saying stupid things is a part of life. Road rage is a part of life. Discussing politics is a part of life. Disagreeing is a part of life.

:bsmf: It's just the internets!!!

Amen! :D

proud gonzo
9/7/2008, 10:17 PM
:mack: People who report posts are whiney little babies . . .
I agree completely. Thunderous applause, Bob.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/7/2008, 10:27 PM
i m reporting your post bob

SouthFortySooner
9/7/2008, 10:40 PM
entertain me peoful!

Scott D
9/7/2008, 11:35 PM
fwiw, I've written posts that made bob go cry. I know this because I heard from one person who told another person who heard it from someone else that bob was crying at 31 flavors.

olevetonahill
9/7/2008, 11:53 PM
fwiw, I've written posts that made bob go cry. I know this because I heard from one person who told another person who heard it from someone else that bob was crying at 31 flavors.

You are always Pickin on people Ya dayum bully:mad:

;)

Scott D
9/7/2008, 11:55 PM
I know, I'm a bully..now quit trying to bait me olevet.

olevetonahill
9/7/2008, 11:59 PM
I know, I'm a bully..now quit trying to bait me olevet.

But Im a Master :D

Scott D
9/8/2008, 12:11 AM
what you do in the privacy of your outhouse is none of my bidness :)

olevetonahill
9/8/2008, 12:16 AM
what you do in the privacy of your outhouse is none of my bidness :)

I got a 2 holer
1 fer me an 1 fer company.

Fraggle145
9/8/2008, 01:42 AM
save the tittays? :confused:

Sooner_Bob
9/8/2008, 11:02 AM

Dang it . . . that was supposed to stay between us man . . . :(

olevetonahill
9/8/2008, 11:22 AM
Dang it . . . that was supposed to stay between us man . . . :(

Hes such an insensitive prick. :mad:

Scott D
9/8/2008, 08:52 PM
yes, yes I am.