PDA

View Full Version : Enough is enough!

Sooner24
9/6/2008, 10:58 PM
I am sick of the stinking security at the ballgame. The lines are a mile long, trying to get into the stadium, while they conduct full cavity body searches but today was the topper for me. We wait in the line for about ten minutes and finally make our way to the front when the security guy says sorry you can't take that empty bottle in with the cap on it. I went nuts and said fine I will just go to another line. I go get in another mile long line, with the bottle cap in my pocket, and have to wait while another idiot opens every binocular case and checks to make sure they aren't fakes filled with alcohol. Finally after he had checked four or five and slowed the line down to a crawl I yelled "Hey buddy we are just trying to get into a football game not the airport." My youngest son told me later to thank the terrorist and I told him the terrorist just gave Boren and Castiglione the excuse to do this. I think after all these years this is the last season for me. On top of the high ticket prices, the rip off prices of concessions and the ridiculous security at the games I think after this year they can just do it all without me. After I sleep on it I might cool off but I don't know. :mad:

Flagstaffsooner
9/6/2008, 11:01 PM
Ouch, they're checking the binocular flasks. Im out.

GottaHavePride
9/6/2008, 11:02 PM
Or try a new tactic:

Show up to the game with your ticket and your wallet. Nothing else. You'll get through security in about 15 seconds.

Curly Bill
9/6/2008, 11:03 PM
I find that one's house, with one's recliner is a great place to watch a game. Less hassle, no lines, no traffic or parking problems, etc...

...not to mention that food and beverages are more reasonably priced.

47straight
9/6/2008, 11:14 PM
Does OU freak out if you bring an SLR camera? We couldn't get into the Fiesta Bowl with one. It was "professional" according to the photography experts checking tickets.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/6/2008, 11:17 PM
1 student 50-yard line ticket---- $22.00
Semi-cold water bottle---- $3.00
A Bob Stoops signature white visor---- FREE!! (Unless the fraternity *********s stole yours)
Watching the Sooners advance to 2-0, Priceless.

Edit: In response to negspek, I "insulted" fraternities because they "steal" the merchandise placed on seats. They walk out of the stadium with stacks of shirts/hats. Really? Who needs 5 of the same shirts?

Piware
9/6/2008, 11:24 PM
Were you there the night the kook blew himself up on the North Oval. I wasn't but had family members sitting in the stadium and they felt the impact from the explosion. Everytime you go through a security line, please keep in mind that booze in your bino case is the least of their worries - and should be yours too.

Besides, what do you need besides your ticket and some cash. Those will fit in your pocket.

r5TPsooner
9/6/2008, 11:26 PM
I find that one's house, with one's recliner is a great place to watch a game. Less hassle, no lines, no traffic or parking problems, etc...

...not to mention that food and beverages are more reasonably priced.

I'm starting to think that as well, and the pi$$er is only a few feet away.:D

Sooner24
9/6/2008, 11:30 PM
Or try a new tactic:

Show up to the game with your ticket and your wallet. Nothing else. You'll get through security in about 15 seconds.

I don't know what line you get in that takes 15 seconds to get in but it's not on the north side of the stadium. I take an empty bottle to fill up so as not to pay the inflated prices for something to drink and that's it. My new tactic might be not spending any money going to the games and staying home.

bluedogok
9/6/2008, 11:31 PM
We usually only make one game a season in Norman, it hasn't been that bad but we didn't make one up there last season, just the CCG in San Antonio. We will find out at the Tech game this year.

We went to baseball games this year at Minute Maid and Shea and the security wasn't too bad. We will probably make a Dallas game this season, my wife wants to go to a game there since it is the last season for Texas Stadium but it wasn't that bad there a couple of years ago.

I still don't get the bottle cap ban though.....

Curly Bill
9/6/2008, 11:32 PM
I'm starting to think that as well, and the pi$$er is only a few feet away.:D

Exactly! How could I have forgotten the pi$$er? :D

Sooner24
9/6/2008, 11:36 PM
Were you there the night the kook blew himself up on the North Oval. I wasn't but had family members sitting in the stadium and they felt the impact from the explosion. Everytime you go through a security line, please keep in mind that booze in your bino case is the least of their worries - and should be yours too.

Besides, what do you need besides your ticket and some cash. Those will fit in your pocket.

If they were checking for anything besides people trying to get in with a bottle of pop, water or a hidden flask it would be one thing but they aren't. They just want to make sure you spend extra money on their high prices food and drink.

Soonerus
9/6/2008, 11:38 PM
I sat in the press box today and I swear I could have carried a machine gun in without a problem...they are so lax on those guys it is pathetic....no waits either just cruise in in a special line...

r5TPsooner
9/6/2008, 11:38 PM
Exactly! How could I have forgotten the pi$$er? :D

I NEVER drink when I go to games because of the hassle. So, I just wait until I get home, pour myself a drink and watch the game again on DVR.

I've had 3-4 already and not one trip to the can.

OU is up 14-0 BTW.:D

Sooner24
9/6/2008, 11:39 PM
We usually only make one game a season in Norman, it hasn't been that bad but we didn't make one up there last season, just the CCG in San Antonio. We will find out at the Tech game this year.

We went to baseball games this year at Minute Maid and Shea and the security wasn't too bad. We will probably make a Dallas game this season, my wife wants to go to a game there since it is the last season for Texas Stadium but it wasn't that bad there a couple of years ago.

I still don't get the bottle cap ban though.....

Funny thing my wife, who doesn't go to the games said, well they do that so you can't fill it up and throw it as far as you could with the cap on but the thing is all the pops and bottles of water you buy in the stadium have the bottle caps on.

Curly Bill
9/6/2008, 11:39 PM
I NEVER drink when I go to games because of the hassle. So, I just wait until I get home, pour myself a drink and watch the game again on DVR.

I've had 3-4 already and not one trip to the can.

OU is up 14-0 BTW.:D

Hope we can hang on for the win. ;)

bluedogok
9/6/2008, 11:47 PM
If they were checking for anything besides people trying to get in with a bottle of pop, water or a hidden flask it would be one thing but they aren't. They just want to make sure you spend extra money on their high prices food and drink.
That is how all entertainment stuff is anymore, it's not just the stadium. The days of bringing a cooler full of stuff is over (it was that way at some stadiums). There is money in it to be exploited, and exploiting is what they do best. It isn't going to change, if you don't want to spend the money, don't, you can get up from your seat and go to water fountain (required by plumbing codes) and get a drink or don't drink anything at the game or stay at home.
Yeah, the prices they charge are ridiculous but there aren't that many games that I go to anymore (due to distance, I used to go to most games with my dad when I lived in OKC) so it isn't that big of a deal to me.

bluedogok
9/6/2008, 11:50 PM
Funny thing my wife, who doesn't go to the games said, well they do that so you can't fill it up and throw it as far as you could with the cap on but the thing is all the pops and bottles of water you buy in the stadium have the bottle caps on.
At the pro stadiums that I have been to they take them off the water and beer "bottles" (the aluminum bottle shaped ones), at Shea they even had a sign that all caps will be removed.

r5TPsooner
9/6/2008, 11:54 PM
Hope we can hang on for the win. ;)

I'm skeered.

chad
9/7/2008, 12:04 AM

Not to be rude, however...
Either you, or your family member have blown the story way out of proportion. The kid had enough explosives to kill himself, but not blow him apart to an unrecognizable state. The bench was broken, but not scattered all over the place into splinters. There was no explosion crater. In fact, OU was able to pressure wash the area after the investigation and install a new bench without doing any major repairs to the area.

People in the stadium (myself included (50 yard line 15 rows up) could hear the explosion. Most everyone blew it off as a ruf/neks gun that went off at the wrong time, or a loud firework. No one outside a 30yard radius of that guy was in any grave danger, and you probably couldn't feel it more than a block away (no glass shattered in the vicinity)

With that said, I'm sure the incident has impacted the security at the gates. I'd be willing to bet that homeland security has more to do with it than the university.

soonerboomer93
9/7/2008, 12:58 AM
at Mizzou last year, south end zone, no line going in

this year for the first game, west entrance, line moved though in about 2 minutes

I bought waters inside, I'm not going to stress about a couple extra bucks, especially when buying water on the street is the same price as the stadium

okienole3
9/7/2008, 08:14 AM
Just say no to the YSG

RiddlerOK
9/7/2008, 08:46 AM
Either you, or your family member have blown the story way out of proportion. The kid had enough explosives to kill himself, but not blow him apart to an unrecognizable state. The bench was broken, but not scattered all over the place into splinters. There was no explosion crater. In fact, OU was able to pressure wash the area after the investigation and install a new bench without doing any major repairs to the area.

People in the stadium (myself included (50 yard line 15 rows up) could hear the explosion. Most everyone blew it off as a ruf/neks gun that went off at the wrong time, or a loud firework. No one outside a 30yard radius of that guy was in any grave danger, and you probably couldn't feel it more than a block away (no glass shattered in the vicinity)

With that said, I'm sure the incident has impacted the security at the gates. I'd be willing to bet that homeland security has more to do with it than the university.

Agreed Chad. I was sitting over in section 23 and all I could hear was the explosion. It sounded a bit muffled and not scary enough to frighten people in our section. Also, it didn't shake anything on our side however, it did get our attention enough to question whether it had been a bomb.

stoopified
9/7/2008, 09:04 AM
I think they are REASONABLY sure thatconcession stand pop and water don't contain liquid explosive or nerve,chemical agents in them.Just me BUT if security checks keep a terrorist(foriegn or domestic) from blowing up my beloved Owen Field and/or killing me or my fellow Sooners ,I can LIVE with it.

zeke
9/7/2008, 09:23 AM
I am sick of the stinking security at the ballgame. The lines are a mile long, trying to get into the stadium, while they conduct full cavity body searches but today was the topper for me. We wait in the line for about ten minutes and finally make our way to the front when the security guy says sorry you can't take that empty bottle in with the cap on it. I went nuts and said fine I will just go to another line. I go get in another mile long line, with the bottle cap in my pocket, and have to wait while another idiot opens every binocular case and checks to make sure they aren't fakes filled with alcohol. Finally after he had checked four or five and slowed the line down to a crawl I yelled "Hey buddy we are just trying to get into a football game not the airport." My youngest son told me later to thank the terrorist and I told him the terrorist just gave Boren and Castiglione the excuse to do this. I think after all these years this is the last season for me. On top of the high ticket prices, the rip off prices of concessions and the ridiculous security at the games I think after this year they can just do it all without me. After I sleep on it I might cool off but I don't know. :mad:

Wow, you had to wait 10 whole minutes...then went nuts on the security guy (who was doing his job) then get in another line and start yelling at another security guy who is doing his job.

Oh my, what a terrible inconvenience you suffered.

Yes, I think that the gates should be thrown open and let the good folks file through. No checks cause I don't want to be bothered, I don't mind drunks anyway, heck, its just a few of them who puke on others or scream constant obscenities. Who cares if a guy carries in a little bomb either. Probably be in another section and wouldn't get ME. YES that's it. FIRE THE SECURITY GAURDS BECAUSE THEY BOTHER ME AND IT TAKES 10 MINUTES TO GET IN.

StoopTroup
9/7/2008, 09:26 AM
Security is over done.

We pay quite a bit to go to every game.

OU Football has become expensive entertainment and not allowing folks to enter and re-enter has changed the mood of the Fans IMO.

The thing is...I can't think of anything that would keep me from getting into the game to watch The Sooners. If you are unhappy and think your not being treated well...you should stay home. I was pretty unhappy when they envoked the "No Re-entry" rule a few years ago. I got over it.

I show up with money and a ticket now. I try to keep the spending down by carrying an empty water bottle in and refilling it at the water fountain but sometimes you just want something cold and have to pay up. The consession lines can be pretty slow but if you time them right and not wait till half you can get through them pretty quick.

If anyone was a problem with the searches...I would think it would be Women. As I was entering yesterday I heard the Security Person say that one of the Ladies purse was oversized and that she reserved the right to turn her away at the gate for it. It's like having a bag that won't fit in the aircraft bag bin. :eek:

I'm glad the kid who blew himself up didn't get into the Stadium and hurt someone besides himself. I'll always be sad that he did that to himself and created the fallout he did from it.

Anytime I think I'm uncomfortable and it's just not worth going through all of the trouble it takes to see a Sooner Game...I can run by the Handicap Section of the South EZ and quickly change my attitude. You want to see some hardcore Sooner Fans? Stop by there. They are some of the Greatest.

Just Sayin'

ST

Charla
9/7/2008, 09:48 AM
Maybe you could of ran the statue of liberty play with your water bottle.

StoopTroup
9/7/2008, 09:56 AM
Maybe you could of ran the statue of liberty play with your water bottle.

Kids...kids....lol

Sooner24
9/7/2008, 09:57 AM
Security is over done.

We pay quite a bit to go to every game.

OU Football has become expensive entertainment and not allowing folks to enter and re-enter has changed the mood of the Fans IMO.

The thing is...I can't think of anything that would keep me from getting into the game to watch The Sooners. If you are unhappy and think your not being treated well...you should stay home. I was pretty unhappy when they envoked the "No Re-entry" rule a few years ago. I got over it.

I show up with money and a ticket now. I try to keep the spending down by carrying an empty water bottle in and refilling it at the water fountain but sometimes you just want something cold and have to pay up. The consession lines can be pretty slow but if you time them right and not wait till half you can get through them pretty quick.

If anyone was a problem with the searches...I would think it would be Women. As I was entering yesterday I heard the Security Person say that one of the Ladies purse was oversized and that she reserved the right to turn her away at the gate for it. It's like having a bag that won't fit in the aircraft bag bin. :eek:

I'm glad the kid who blew himself up didn't get into the Stadium and hurt someone besides himself. I'll always be sad that he did that to himself and created the fallout he did from it.

Anytime I think I'm uncomfortable and it's just not worth going through all of the trouble it takes to see a Sooner Game...I can run by the Handicap Section of the South EZ and quickly change my attitude. You want to see some hardcore Sooner Fans? Stop by there. They are some of the Greatest.

Just Sayin'

ST

He could have snuck the explosives in but they would have made sure to take his bottle of water from him as he entered.

StoopTroup
9/7/2008, 10:00 AM
He could have snuck the explosives in but they would have made sure to take his bottle of water from him as he entered.

Hey 24...

I think it all sucks too...but I can't let it get me down cause...

I'm a Sooner!

Hope your feeling better this morning.

BTW...I didn't really take a water bottle in because of the last strip search. :D

They found it. ;)

looch
9/7/2008, 10:05 AM

I was fairly close to the bomb when it detonated. Also work with departments that have to manage these issues.

They do a great job and I appreciate them. When there's a question leave the item at home cause if they have a question....

bri
9/7/2008, 10:22 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2097/2631216414_7216317a5c.jpg

Sooner24
9/7/2008, 10:32 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2097/2631216414_7216317a5c.jpg

Uber spek!

bri
9/7/2008, 10:52 AM
I just think it shows just how much things have come to a head when the powers that be have made the gameday experience so radically altered and intolerable that a great fan like you is seriously considering not going to games anymore. That'd be like Phil giving up on games; simply insane.

And I understand some people's hard-on for "security concerns", but let me assure you all; I have met Sooner24, and while he is a gentleman and a scholar and an all around neat guy, he's not MacGruber. He ain't gonna be able to explodey the stadium with an empty bottle. :D

jwlynn64
9/7/2008, 11:13 AM
Sooner24, I go to most of the home games (usually sit in section 101) and I usually wait until about 30 minutes before game time to go in. I have rarely had to wait more than a minute to get through a line and get into the stadium. I generally do not take anything into the stadium but the few time that I have taken a water bottle in or some snacks, I have gotten in with out problems (except for the time my wife had them in her purse.)

Chad, I was at the game that the kid blew himself up (section 101 again) and the bleachers shook and everyone around me knew something was wrong. We all saw the immediate flood of trooper around the stadium and there was much speculation, around me at least, about leaving for fear that the stadium was going to collapse.

I don't think that they whole bomb thing was overblown. I think that it was a nail bomb so there wouldn't need to be a large explosion to do a lot of damage.

GottaHavePride
9/7/2008, 12:04 PM
Wouldn't they have found nails all stuck in everything if it had been a nail bomb? That would have taken a lot of work to repair.

I was at the game the kid blew himself up, too. I was with the running band in the south endzone stands at the time. I didn't hear ANYthing. After a while we started to notice a commotion up in the NW corner, but yeah, didn't even hear it go off.

yermom
9/7/2008, 01:34 PM
i agree that it seems like a lot of this is to sell more concessions

on the other hand, i think i waited 2 minutes in line, but i avoid the North gates at all costs.

if i was running security and saw someone leave one line after getting to the end and being denied entry and then going to another i'd be doing a pat down or something

OUstud
9/7/2008, 01:54 PM
And this is my first year sitting in the SS, and I don't know if it has been like this in the past, but EVERY time, no matter how much stuff I'm carrying, I have to show my ticket and ID. Which leads to a long line and a partially-spilled drink. I had my sunglasses on and the security guard told me I had to remove them so she could be 100% sure I was that young man in the ID picture. Ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Sooner24
9/7/2008, 02:08 PM
I just think it shows just how much things have come to a head when the powers that be have made the gameday experience so radically altered and intolerable that a great fan like you is seriously considering not going to games anymore. That'd be like Phil giving up on games; simply insane.

And I understand some people's hard-on for "security concerns", but let me assure you all; I have met Sooner24, and while he is a gentleman and a scholar and an all around neat guy, he's not MacGruber. He ain't gonna be able to explodey the stadium with an empty bottle. :D

If I still had the bottle cap and a piece of dental floss who knows. :eek:

olevetonahill
9/7/2008, 02:29 PM
Im just gonna say that when I do get to Make it to Games . Ive spent a butt load Of Bucks already. a few more aint gonna break me;)
Im usually so Into the Game I dont think about anything else. Ill Buy a water from the dude what goes around sellin em .
Then Drink My self sillier back at the Tailgate.
The No reentry thing Kinda succs But Hell when I leave I aint going Back anyway
Just sayin

jkjsooner
9/7/2008, 02:56 PM
I was there when the guy blew himself up. In fact, I believe that was the last game I've attended. Anyway, we all knew it was not Ruf Nek gun and it did get everyone's attention.

I'm sure the bomb wasn't very strong but it doesn't have to be very strong to kill several people crammed in a stadium.

I'm not convinced that the stadium wasn't the intended target. I think there's a chance he was putting the backpack bomb together on the bench and it went off accidentally. In either case, the fact that he was close to the stadium wasn't just a coincidence. He either intended harm or wanted attention....

soonergregmsw9802
9/7/2008, 03:32 PM
That kid tried to gain entry to the stadium at two different entrances. Because he had the backpack with him the security guards would not let him in. The bomb was not large, but it is pretty clear that he wanted to get into the stadium then when he couldn't he committed suicide.

I know that some may doubt that he tried to get into the stadium, I can understand. My source for that information is a family member who worked security at OU games from 1998-2002. He was not working at the time of the bombing, but was told by two friends that did work gates that they denied the kid with the backpack entry. Just what I know.

BTW, I was in student section with a friend, heard the explosion, just thought someone went crazy with the base drum in the band or something.

And, a side note. I can understand 24's frustration at this point. The water thing angers me. At every other public place, such as Frontier City or Six Flags, if you ask for ice water, by law, they have to give you ice water, no charge. We have fans going down from heat exhaustion, but we have to charge $3.00 for semi-cold bottled water?

I always get one $5 sprite. It melts the ice, and I try to make it the rest of the game. I didn't even think you could take an empty uncapped bottle into the stadium anyway.

badger
9/7/2008, 03:46 PM
The security officer thanked me and the other girl we walked in with for having smaller purses. All you gotta do is just open it, the security guard checks it and you're through. No airport scanny thing or anything.

For the other ladies out there, 10 by 10 by 10, no larger. You don't want a big honking handbag all sweaty day anyways.

For everyone else, don't use the end gates, simply go to one of the side ones (or corner ones) and you'll find much shorter lines.

Also for everyone else, I'm sure you all know how to sneak food into the movie theatres by now. If you desperately need the binocular carrying case, you know what to do :)

For all the rest, here is SS.com's official stance on it:

Except for items pertaining to medical conditions or child care, all bags, backpacks, large cases for binoculars/cameras or other items, fanny packs and large purses (larger than 10" by 10") are prohibited and banned. Only items required for medical or family needs plus empty, clear personal-sized containers suitable for drinking water are permitted. All carried items and entrants are subject to search.
Prohibited items must be returned to the owner's car or discarded. Any unlawful items are subject to confiscation, and the person in possession is subject to arrest.

Prohibited items include:
• Alcoholic beverages
• Baby seats
• Baby strollers
• Backpacks, fanny packs, large purses (larger than 10" by 10")
• Balloons
• Banners, Signs
• Beach Balls
• Cameras (professional equipment or cameras with long telephoto lenses)
• Coolers or containers
• Explosives
• Folding chairs or stools
• Food and beverages
• Ice chest
• Laser pointers
• Pets (with the exception of service animals used by disabled guests)
• Personal heaters
• Stadium seats with armrests and/or over 16 inches wide
• Umbrellas are NOT allowed inside the stadium per Big 12 Conference
• Noisemakers of any type (i.e. air horn, plastic horn, whistles, etc.)
• Video cameras

See you all in three weeks! Boomer!

PDXsooner
9/7/2008, 04:47 PM
one day some idiot will get into a crowded stadium and blow about 50 people to pieces. there will be gray matter and human remains all over people's bodies and the stadium, and the images of shrieking children will be shown nationwide. then you'll be thankful that security is tight. it's one thing i'll never complain about.

LilSooner
9/7/2008, 04:52 PM
I hate those ROTC kids. We had one loser try to kick us out of our seat even though we had tickets. He was a prick. They also won't let you walk through the student section anymore. Those guys were just looking for people to throw out yesterday.

EstablishedSooner1967
9/7/2008, 05:08 PM
sneak it in your front... and go in early!

Sooner24
9/7/2008, 05:31 PM
The security officer thanked me and the other girl we walked in with for having smaller purses. All you gotta do is just open it, the security guard checks it and you're through. No airport scanny thing or anything.

For the other ladies out there, 10 by 10 by 10, no larger. You don't want a big honking handbag all sweaty day anyways.

For everyone else, don't use the end gates, simply go to one of the side ones (or corner ones) and you'll find much shorter lines.

Also for everyone else, I'm sure you all know how to sneak food into the movie theatres by now. If you desperately need the binocular carrying case, you know what to do :)

For all the rest, here is SS.com's official stance on it:

Originally Posted by SoonerSports.com
Except for items pertaining to medical conditions or child care, all bags, backpacks, large cases for binoculars/cameras or other items, fanny packs and large purses (larger than 10" by 10") are prohibited and banned. Only items required for medical or family needs plus empty, clear personal-sized containers suitable for drinking water are permitted. All carried items and entrants are subject to search.
Prohibited items must be returned to the owner's car or discarded. Any unlawful items are subject to confiscation, and the person in possession is subject to arrest.

• Alcoholic beverages
• Baby seats
• Baby strollers
• Balloons
• Banners, Signs
• Beach Balls
• Coolers or containers
• Explosives
• Food and beverages
• Ice chest
• Laser pointers
• Personal heaters
• Video cameras

See you all in three weeks! Boomer!

Where does it say no bottle caps?

Cam
9/7/2008, 05:40 PM
Where does it say no bottle caps?

It doesn't. I had the same thing happen to me yesterday as well. I turned the bottle upside down to show him that it was empty and he said I had to dump the cap. The logic behind it makes no sense to me, but oh well. Next time I'll just put the cap in my pocket. I didn't want to get back in line so just ditched the bottle and refilled the one that I bought inside. You know, cause it had a cap on it and everything.

mdklatt
9/7/2008, 06:06 PM
We wait in the line for about ten minutes and finally make our way to the front when the security guy says sorry you can't take that empty bottle in with the cap on it.

That doesn't make any sense. I've never had a problem bringing in an empty bottle. Why didn't you just take the bottle cap off?

Rhino
9/7/2008, 06:43 PM
And this is my first year sitting in the SS, and I don't know if it has been like this in the past, but EVERY time, no matter how much stuff I'm carrying, I have to show my ticket and ID. Which leads to a long line and a partially-spilled drink. I had my sunglasses on and the security guard told me I had to remove them so she could be 100% sure I was that young man in the ID picture. Ridiculous. :rolleyes: The Navy ROTC kids were nazis about that. There was one kid with glasses that was going up and down the stairs and across the bleachers non-stop asking people for their tickets. I deemed him Captain America. Saving the student section one ticket at a time.

Ardmore_Sooner
9/7/2008, 06:45 PM
http://funnyto.com/mambots/content/multithumb/thumbs/f.280.214.16777215.0.es.cool-pictures.garage-made-of-bottle-caps.garage-made-of-bottle-caps-02.jpg
http://funnyto.com/mambots/content/multithumb/thumbs/f.280.214.16777215.0.es.cool-pictures.garage-made-of-bottle-caps.garage-made-of-bottle-caps-03.jpg
http://funnyto.com/mambots/content/multithumb/thumbs/f.280.214.16777215.0.es.cool-pictures.garage-made-of-bottle-caps.garage-made-of-bottle-caps-06.jpg

Boren and Joe C. are building a garage and they are using all the bottle caps that don't get snuck into the stadium. Duh.

badger
9/7/2008, 06:50 PM
No matter what you do...
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/9193/ysgcg4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/9193/ysgcg4.fcaafe622d.jpg (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=385&i=ysgcg4.jpg)

TAKE YER FUN HAVIN' ELSEWHERE! :mad:

;)

bluedogok
9/7/2008, 07:13 PM
I hate those ROTC kids. We had one loser try to kick us out of our seat even though we had tickets. He was a prick. They also won't let you walk through the student section anymore. Those guys were just looking for people to throw out yesterday.
When did OU get a Corps of Cadets :pop:

Ardmore_Sooner
9/7/2008, 07:18 PM
Another problem I've heard from sources is that the yellow shirted goons weren't up to par with the university and have been threatened to not have their contract renewed after this year if they didn't pick up the slack. That could only mean things are gonna get worse before they get better.

LilSooner
9/7/2008, 08:10 PM
When did OU get a Corps of Cadets :pop:

They have always been there with the boy scouts but this year they are supa nazis.

bluedogok
9/7/2008, 08:22 PM
They have always been there with the boy scouts but this year they are supa nazis.
I guess things change, 26 years ago you never even noticed them. All of the "security" were 70 year old guys who doubled as greeters at Wal-Mart. It was rather easy to sneak in flasks and such, go to O'Connell's at the half and seat jump as long as it wasn't the big money donor seats.

Heck, we used to play pick-up football games on Owen Field after practice and nobody ever said a word. The guy closing the gates when it got dark would just tell us it was time to quit playing and he did that rather politely.

Paperclip
9/7/2008, 08:55 PM
I sure wish our football team sucked again so I wouldn't have to wait in a line and mess with the big crowd. :rolleyes:

boomermet
9/7/2008, 08:56 PM
When we got on the tram at Lloyd Noble they gave us a couple of pieces of paper and one had all the things that were prohibited. Explosives was about tenth on the list with Alcoholic beverages as the first. Funny priorities...

Sooner24
9/7/2008, 09:19 PM
I guess things change, 26 years ago you never even noticed them. All of the "security" were 70 year old guys who doubled as greeters at Wal-Mart. It was rather easy to sneak in flasks and such, go to O'Connell's at the half and seat jump as long as it wasn't the big money donor seats.

Heck, we used to play pick-up football games on Owen Field after practice and nobody ever said a word. The guy closing the gates when it got dark would just tell us it was time to quit playing and he did that rather politely.

They just wish they were talanted enough to be door greeters at Wal-Mart. Now they are all overweight wanna be cops with an IQ of about what OU is averaging in football this year. Someone has told them they have a great power and as we all know "With great power comes great responsibility." :rolleyes:

OUmillenium
9/7/2008, 09:20 PM
People have to deal with a holes in all walks of life...it was only a matter of time before they made their way to Owen Field and Lloyd Noble. By the way, the current basketball game format/activities are flat out terrible. Bring back the band and kill the dj

bluedogok
9/7/2008, 09:25 PM
DJ? Bands belong at college basketball game, not DJ's....

But then I hardly watch basketball anymore.

Jdog
9/8/2008, 12:02 AM
That kid tried to gain entry to the stadium at two different entrances. Because he had the backpack with him the security guards would not let him in. The bomb was not large, but it is pretty clear that he wanted to get into the stadium then when he couldn't he committed suicide.

I know that some may doubt that he tried to get into the stadium, I can understand. My source for that information is a family member who worked security at OU games from 1998-2002. He was not working at the time of the bombing, but was told by two friends that did work gates that they denied the kid with the backpack entry. Just what I know.

BTW, I was in student section with a friend, heard the explosion, just thought someone went crazy with the base drum in the band or something.

And, a side note. I can understand 24's frustration at this point. The water thing angers me. At every other public place, such as Frontier City or Six Flags, if you ask for ice water, by law, they have to give you ice water, no charge. We have fans going down from heat exhaustion, but we have to charge $3.00 for semi-cold bottled water?

I always get one $5 sprite. It melts the ice, and I try to make it the rest of the game. I didn't even think you could take an empty uncapped bottle into the stadium anyway.

I went in that night with a backpack and two stadium cushions (the cushions unzip and open up to become cold weather rain ponchos - they look like a thin backpack) – and had no problem getting in. Since then, they search the pack, and the cushions, and we go in. The line and search maybe takes all of 5 minutes. I do go in about 20 to 30 minutes before kick off so maybe that’s why the lines are short.

my seats are on the top row of the old upper deck we heard and felt the explosion. My son and I immediately tried to go down to see what happened but we had to stop on the ramps to watch the PD closing the gates to prevent people from leaving or returning. It was very strange. The cops knew what was going on, but they wouldn't tell anyone. One told us it was a propane tank to someones cooker.
I have no problem with security searchs at the games after that experiencing.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/8/2008, 01:17 AM
I could barely hear the Pride. They were really quiet.

*runs away*

Taxman71
9/8/2008, 10:19 AM
**Knock on Wood** I haven't had anything taken at an OU game since a bottle of Jack in the cold game against A&M in 1997....then again, they ain't padding me down in my private areas. Note, buy plastic travelers instead of glass, they don't stay as cold against your skin.

If you are annoyed by the OU security, forget about seeing the Statute of Liberty in NYC. They make you take off your shoes, belt, all jewelry, wait and hour, etc. in order to see the symbol of freedom.

Boomer.....
9/8/2008, 10:25 AM
I didn't get patted down or even looked at funny at the southwest gate. No real problems with lines either.

We did, however, have to get the car sniffed by the bomb dogs before parking in the west parking garage. That took a couple of extra minutes.

SoonerWally
9/8/2008, 10:31 AM
Two words: Pocket Shots.

Jeronimo
9/8/2008, 10:34 AM
its really simple. like someone said earlier in this thread. show up with your ticket and wallet. you'll walk right in. i do it EVERY home game. conform to the rules and you'll be surprised how much smoother and nicer everything seems.

if you want to drink something during the game...........pay the price or drink enough before you walk in, or use the fountains in the stadium.

if you want pics or video of the game........ become a professional photographer and get a press pass for the sidelines.

if you want to get in the stadium without hassles or long waits..............dont bring anything you know is against the rules, i.e. water bottles, cameras, flasks, etc, etc. show up with your ticket and wallet, and you will almost literally walk right in. I promise.

there are rules, you break them, and you get mad. doesnt seem fair to the rules does it? the rules are in place because of terrorists. it sucks i know. but these are times when sometimes you have to conform to enjoy.

badger
9/8/2008, 11:20 AM
I could barely hear the Pride. They were really quiet.

*runs away*

Next time you sit in the flag pole corner, say hi to me :mad:

;)

Piware
9/8/2008, 12:01 PM

You may be right as I wasn't there but my late son-in-law, who was a Desert Storm combat veteran was, and it got his attention. He had heard some explosions in the not too distant past and knew what he was talking about. The 911 tapes were also on the internet right after it happened and those folks sounded pretty nervous too. Thanks for your feedback but I think we should all take it seriously. Oklahoma is not immune to crazy bombers with an agenda and it has happened right up the road.

badger
9/8/2008, 12:13 PM
In regards to the KSU game explosion, I was in the student section area and it just sounded like a random Ruf-Nek gun to me. I didn't even blink when it happened, because after five seasons watching football, I was used to the Ruf-Neks doing random boom stick things during weird times.

oudivesherpa
9/8/2008, 12:46 PM

Boren is a Capitalists and Baptist, No Booze and he wants the soft drink/water revenue. We need to bring back the Free Market--Comptetive prices for soft drinks and Booze.

badger
9/8/2008, 12:52 PM
Boren is a Capitalists and Baptist, No Booze and he wants the soft drink/water revenue. We need to bring back the Free Market--Comptetive prices for soft drinks and Booze.

I think Boren would love to bring all the booze, the lax security and free tuition back to OU, but he just can't do that, especially right now in this day and age of terrorist threats leveling between yellow and orange, deaths on campus due to binge drinking and rising costs. I think Boren personally is a very trusting individual that thinks the best of OU students, alumni and visitors to campus and would personally be very open to letting OU's community make good decisions and eliminate restrictive rules.

But... times have changed.

bonkuba
9/8/2008, 01:06 PM
I was in the North Endzone (row 44)......the explosion gave me pause to look around......was much different than the other "game day sounds". Anyway, I had my radio on and there was immediately a lot of talk about a bomb going off outside the stadium. Needless to say with my wife and kids with me I was concerned for their well being. I believe the staff handled everything OK IMO (stadium staff).

I believe I read in one of the posts above something about being sad for the moron that blew himself up. Me? Not so much......I am glad the little ****er is dead....no longer taking up my air. In other words, one less idiot to deal with. They hosed down the area......which is about what his sorry *** deserved (but I digress).

Overall, I obey the rules and we get in pretty quick (even with a 2 and 4 year old). As long as they keep me and my family safe I am OK with it.

olevetonahill
9/8/2008, 01:17 PM
You may be right as I wasn't there but my late son-in-law, who was a Desert Storm combat veteran was, and it got his attention. He had heard some explosions in the not too distant past and knew what he was talking about. The 911 tapes were also on the internet right after it happened and those folks sounded pretty nervous too. Thanks for your feedback but I think we should all take it seriously. Oklahoma is not immune to crazy bombers with an agenda and it has happened right up the road.

I agree Bro . Thats a sound that you will never Forget.

olevetonahill
9/8/2008, 01:30 PM
I was in the North Endzone (row 44)......the explosion gave me pause to look around......was much different than the other "game day sounds". Anyway, I had my radio on and there was immediately a lot of talk about a bomb going off outside the stadium. Needless to say with my wife and kids with me I was concerned for their well being. I believe the staff handled everything OK IMO (stadium staff).

I believe I read in one of the posts above something about being sad for the moron that blew himself up. Me? Not so much......I am glad the little ****er is dead....no longer taking up my air. In other words, one less idiot to deal with. They hosed down the area......which is about what his sorry *** deserved (but I digress).

Overall, I obey the rules and we get in pretty quick (even with a 2 and 4 year old). As long as they keep me and my family safe I am OK with it.

If I had had Family there Id have had em Under cover Fast .

Sooner24
9/8/2008, 02:07 PM
its really simple. like someone said earlier in this thread. show up with your ticket and wallet. you'll walk right in. i do it EVERY home game. conform to the rules and you'll be surprised how much smoother and nicer everything seems.

if you want to drink something during the game...........pay the price or drink enough before you walk in, or use the fountains in the stadium.

if you want pics or video of the game........ become a professional photographer and get a press pass for the sidelines.

if you want to get in the stadium without hassles or long waits..............dont bring anything you know is against the rules, i.e. water bottles, cameras, flasks, etc, etc. show up with your ticket and wallet, and you will almost literally walk right in. I promise.

there are rules, you break them, and you get mad. doesnt seem fair to the rules does it? the rules are in place because of terrorists. it sucks i know. but these are times when sometimes you have to conform to enjoy.

I did conform to the rules. Either you have not read the entire thread or you just don't comprehend what you read.

Kels
9/8/2008, 02:53 PM
I was in the East side upper deck when the bomb went off. Having spent some time that summer in a place where bombs go off everyday, I knew exactly what it was the minute I heard it. The sound was unmistakable.

There is a lot more to that story than what the public was told. I'm glad Hinrich's cell phone went off while he was sitting there and prematurely detonated the bomb. He was waiting to get into position by the Armory at one of the chokepoints for fans leaving the game.

The fact that Boren thought it would be OK for Hinrich to have a donor brick set with his name on it over by the Union is inexcusable IMO.

yermom
9/8/2008, 08:56 PM
i thought it was the ROTC cannon when i heard it. i was in the North end zone

i didn't think that much of it until i saw a bunch of people looking over the West edge of the stadium

that was a fun couple of days afterward...

colinreturn
9/8/2008, 09:54 PM
follow the rules. Its a crazy world. they can search me as long as they want. it makes me feel safer.

nativesooner
9/8/2008, 10:37 PM
Does OU freak out if you bring an SLR camera? We couldn't get into the Fiesta Bowl with one. It was "professional" according to the photography experts checking tickets.

I think it depends on the yellowshirts. This past weekend I tried to take my camera in that's similar to this...
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a327/nativesooner/camera1.jpg

The lens is part of the camera and not detachable but I was told that since it had a zoom larger than a credit card I couldn't bring it in. :mad: Once I got inside I saw two different guys with cameras like this...
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a327/nativesooner/camera2.jpg :eek:

I asked both guys how they got their cameras in with that big of a zoom and both said the same thing..."I picked the right gate to go in." So I guess next time if I get turned down I'll try a different gate. I think they would prefer you bring in something like this...
http://www.ecofriend.org/images/kodak_camera.jpg

:D

Lott's Bandana
9/8/2008, 10:55 PM
I think it depends on the yellowshirts. This past weekend I tried to take my camera in that's similar to this...
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a327/nativesooner/camera1.jpg

The lens is part of the camera and not detachable but I was told that since it had a zoom larger than a credit card I couldn't bring it in. :mad: Once I got inside I saw two different guys with cameras like this...
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a327/nativesooner/camera2.jpg :eek:

I asked both guys how they got their cameras in with that big of a zoom and both said the same thing..."I picked the right gate to go in." So I guess next time if I get turned down I'll try a different gate. I think they would prefer you bring in something like this...
http://www.ecofriend.org/images/kodak_camera.jpg

:D

The official AD policy is nothing over 200mm. Most of the DSLR's come with 85mm lenses, my Sony A700 has a 75-250mm so I leave it at home. If you walk up with the stock lens and tell them the rule, they usually nod and let you in. Just tell them what the rule is, seems to work.

Hella Sideburns
9/9/2008, 01:54 AM
shell out 5 bucks for a water and shut the **** up

MAJ W
9/9/2008, 04:02 AM
The treatment at the gates almost always sends me over the edge. “Luckily” I am in Baghdad right now, and don’t have to worry about Boren’s concession Nazis keeping me from bringing in any unauthorized food or beverages. For those naοve enough to believe it has anything to do with security, you are wrong. It is STRICTLY to do with increasing revenue (as are most of Boren’s decisions). Hopefully, I will be back in time to smuggle in leftover Halloween candy for Nebraska and texas Tech. :D

Sooner24
9/28/2008, 09:16 AM
Okay I figured I had it down this time and would have no problems. I arrived at the gate with an empty 1 liter Diet Mt Dew bottle with the cap off. This is the same type of bottle I have taken in for four years to fill up. The, what looked to be about 18 or 19 year old girl says sir you can't take that in the stadium. I said it’s empty and turned it upside down to show there was nothing in it. She says it has to be clear to which I held it up and ask if she could see through it. The guy behind me started laughing and said he could see though it to which she told me sorry it has to be clear. I told her I was taking it in anyway and just walked on past her and had my ticket scanned. Every week it's a new adventure in stupidity at The Fock. :(

tulsaoilerfan
9/28/2008, 09:39 AM
Do some of you people take your own drinks when you go out to eat at restaurants?

Petro-Sooner
9/28/2008, 09:55 AM
I DO! I DO! Save an easy buck fifty everytime. :D

Sooner24
9/28/2008, 10:24 AM
Do some of you people take your own drinks when you go out to eat at restaurants?

No, but I order water. So what's your point?

yermom
9/28/2008, 10:30 AM

do restaurants charge $5 for a Coke with no refills?

SWFloridaSooner
9/28/2008, 10:39 AM
I guess I have always figured that the exorbitant cost of food and beverage at a football game is just part of the game experience, much like being overcharged for like items at say, the movie theater, a water park, an amusement park. It's just part of it. As far security, sadly, that too has become a part of our lives. Do I like standing in line? No, I'm probably the one you hear complaining the loudest, but it is what it is. Watching the Sooners play in Norman is worth it to me. I only get to make one game a year and look forward to that all year long. See, I save all year for that $400 plane ticket, several hundred dollars for a hotel room and several more for food, incidentals and a trip to the book store, so buying a bottle of water for $5 seems a small price to pay. I'll stand in line, I'll pay $5.00 for a bottle of water. Just let me watch the game!

bri
9/28/2008, 01:07 PM

Do they play football at the restaurants you go to? :D

Sooner24
9/28/2008, 01:19 PM
I guess I have always figured that the exorbitant cost of food and beverage at a football game is just part of the game experience, much like being overcharged for like items at say, the movie theater, a water park, an amusement park. It's just part of it. As far security, sadly, that too has become a part of our lives. Do I like standing in line? No, I'm probably the one you hear complaining the loudest, but it is what it is. Watching the Sooners play in Norman is worth it to me. I only get to make one game a year and look forward to that all year long. See, I save all year for that $400 plane ticket, several hundred dollars for a hotel room and several more for food, incidentals and a trip to the book store, so buying a bottle of water for $5 seems a small price to pay. I'll stand in line, I'll pay $5.00 for a bottle of water. Just let me watch the game!

Between tickets, gas, hotel rooms and other things I have paid for this year going to OU football games I am probably out around $3,000, and we are only up to game four, so if I want to take a clear empty bottle which is allowed per their rules, I don't feel like I should be hassled every time I try to go in the stadium. If they want to change the rule about the bottle fine I won't do it. But as long as they say it is permissible then I shouldn't have to argue with some minimum wage, overweight idiot about it every time I go to the game.

GottaHavePride
9/28/2008, 01:48 PM
Well, next time when they say "clear" don't take "green".

Sooner24
9/28/2008, 02:26 PM
Merriam-Webster says clear is : easily seen through : but I guess if you just graduated sixth grade with Jethro Bodine like most of the security at OU appears to have you might not understand what clear means.

SWFloridaSooner
9/28/2008, 02:32 PM
If it really upsets you this bad to go through security - don't go! You would probably enjoy the game more from your television set at home. You can drink what you want, when you want out of any color bottle you want. Don't take it out on the poor "minimum wage, over weight idiot" who is just trying to do their job to the best of their ability. Seriously dude, you need some valium. It is not a personal attack on you.

OUstud
9/28/2008, 02:34 PM
The YSG is a joke. They aren't friendly, they're half retarded, and in the event of a major terrorist act what would they do? Answer: nothing. That 70 year old grandmother of 2 that scans my ticket, or the 400 pound guy with 3 teeth missing, none of them would be able to do a damned thing. It's all about the illusion of security, and while The Fock is the cathedral of college football, it ain't the Pentagon. And don't get me started on the LNC with 6,000 fans in attendance... :mad:

olevetonahill
9/28/2008, 02:40 PM
Merriam-Webster says clear is : easily seen through : but I guess if you just graduated sixth grade with Jethro Bodine like most of the security at OU appears to have you might not understand what clear means.

Do you Bitch , cry and Moan all the Time ?
Or just when yer awake ?

Sooner24
9/28/2008, 02:59 PM
Do you Bitch , cry and Moan all the Time ?
Or just when yer awake ?

If you tried to sneak some OVJ in the game they would probably taser you. :eek:

Sooner24
9/28/2008, 03:00 PM
If it really upsets you this bad to go through security - don't go! You would probably enjoy the game more from your television set at home. You can drink what you want, when you want out of any color bottle you want. Don't take it out on the poor "minimum wage, over weight idiot" who is just trying to do their job to the best of their ability. Seriously dude, you need some valium. It is not a personal attack on you.

What upsets me are the retards making stuff up as they go. I don't need valium as much as OU needs to get people that are trained and know what they are doing.

sooner59
9/28/2008, 03:02 PM
It kinda depends on where you are going in. When the gates open 2 hours early for students, they don't pat anyone down anymore, however they do sort of check purses if they are big. They just scan the ticket and watch people run inside. All I take is my AM/FM radio for play-by-play and my wallet with ticket. Some 16 year old kid was the yellow shirt in my line. I'm not gonna argue with $3 water. Its a football game, they want money, I am indifferent. Its pretty easy to sneak in stuff when they don't pat you down. I saw someone last year at a cool night game and people snuck in an entire 12 pack of glass beer bottles, and got obnoxiously drunk and broke them behind me. I say go with pocket shots. They sell them at liquor stores in Norman. They should be easy to sneak in.

The only thing that irritates me is one lady checking student IDs on the ramps. Everyone else sees a ticket and an ID and smiles and lets the person through. Not this lady. My picture on my ID was taken 5 years ago, so ive changed a little, but not much. She makes you take off your hat, smile (like in the picture), asks you your middle name, and one time made me show my drivers license because she didn't believe it was me. All of this because I went down to get a bottle of water. This week my girlfriend had to show her Health Sciences ID because the ID number on her ticket did not match the number on her regular ID. This is stupid. People sell their tickets all of the time and the names don't even match and nobody ever has a problem getting in. This lady seems to enjoy annoying people at games. I try to avoid her whenever possible.

Ok, so the point is I don't like that lady and I avoid her now. Students have way less problems with security than others with tickets. I feel for everyone with security problems, its frustrating because sometimes its ok, and sometimes they go overboard. But its not THAT bad. I try to take only the minimum so to have few problems. Its all worth it to be in that stadium to watch the #1 team in the nation.

olevetonahill
9/28/2008, 03:06 PM
What upsets me are the retards making stuff up as they go. I don't need valium as much as OU needs to get people that are trained and know what they are doing.

You sound to me like ya need a valium.
If you spend as Much as you say you have on going to the games . Is a few more bucks for water gonna Break you ?

MamaMia
9/28/2008, 03:40 PM
The security people do go overboard sometimes.

Just yesterday I witnessed a security officer at the Club Suites disallow one of those plastic Sooner Kids Club mini back packs with the thin black draw strings on it. Its made out of the same material a rain poncho is made out of, so I didn't get it. The little boy had his binoculars, a #1 foam hand thing and a mini football in it. He was visibly upset so the father said he would try to get him another one somehow.

Sooner24
9/28/2008, 03:41 PM
You sound to me like ya need a valium.
If you spend as Much as you say you have on going to the games . Is a few more bucks for water gonna Break you ?

No it's not going to break me but that's not the point. It's the principal of the thing. They say you can in the rules and then some idiot says you can't at the gate. Let's say you are driving in a 70 mph zone and a cop pulls you over and says he is going to write you a ticket for going 70 mph in a 70 mph zone. It makes about the same amount of sense.

Ardmore_Sooner
9/28/2008, 04:33 PM
I had an incident yesterday too. My girlfriend and I walk up to the gate and she has a bag, THE SAME BAG SHE GOT IN LAST GAME, and they tell her that it was too big. I said sir, they let us in with it last time and he rudely replied, "I don't care!" Which promptly led me to tell him, well some choice words that I normally don't use and say I'll just get in a different line, move over ONE LINE and cut in front of a guy in line who could tell I was hacked off who said, "It's cool man, just go in." So literally no one even checked the bag, and we just got in. I guess consistancy is all we are asking for. Don't say one week something is ok and the next say its not. Why have rules if they aren't going to enforce them frequently. And why act so rudely about it.

I know for a fact that the Yellow Shirted Nazis got a bad grade by OU last year and had their contract threatened if they weren't doing a better job than last year, so I don't if by BETTER they mean stricter or being ruder to the fans. It's just ridiculous trying to get into a FOOTBALL game anymore. And basketball games are MUCH WORSE.

It's no wonder they can't get anyone to the basketball games, you need your ticket to go take a crap! It's just ridiculous the way things are run.

olevetonahill
9/28/2008, 04:42 PM
http://www.tcpglobal.com/images/IWAcrystal.jpg
http://www.mugusa.com/prodimage/product/11b81a827fe74ef871faaab7f612da06.jpg
Yup I can see why the confusion :rolleyes:

Sooner24
9/28/2008, 04:45 PM

You pretty much stay confused.

olevetonahill
9/28/2008, 04:50 PM
You pretty much stay confused.

Pretty Much , By your rants about a dayum empty Bottle .
Dude if it irks you so Bad stay the **** home . :rolleyes:

Ardmore_Sooner
9/28/2008, 04:58 PM

It doesn't take much for you.

Sooner24
9/28/2008, 04:59 PM
Pretty Much , By your rants about a dayum empty Bottle .
Dude if it irks you so Bad stay the **** home . :rolleyes:

If you would sober up you might understand what I'm talking about. :rolleyes:

SWFloridaSooner
9/28/2008, 05:09 PM
"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ anonymous

olevetonahill
9/28/2008, 05:11 PM
If you would sober up you might understand what I'm talking about. :rolleyes:

Dude , I know what yer talkin about . you are pissing an Moanin about Not being able to take an empty Bottle into the Game so you can save 3 bucks .:rolleyes:
Then complaining about some young Kids trying to Enforce the Rules as best they can . :rolleyes:

Sooner24
9/28/2008, 05:15 PM
"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ anonymous

Okay I won't argue with you because I don't want to get beat up.

OUthunder
Dude , I know what yer talkin about . you are pissing an Moanin about Not being able to take an empty Bottle into the Game so you can save 3 bucks .:rolleyes:
Then complaining about some young Kids trying to Enforce the Rules as best they can . :rolleyes:

It does seem a wee bit silly to worry about about having to give a bottle of water up if you can AFFORD TO GO TO THE BALL GAME.

Just drink it before you go in or wait and support the program by purchasing some inside.

Just my .02.

Ardmore_Sooner

$3 x 4 people x 6 games. I know you may not understand but that adds up to $72. When you sit with multiple people, and you are paying for their water/food too you take what you can get.

OUthunder
9/28/2008, 05:18 PM
$3 x 4 people x 6 games. I know you may not understand but that adds up to $72. When you sit with multiple people, and you are paying for their water/food too you take what you can get.

Stay at home and watch the game on TV. I have a family of five and I know the cost of attending the games as well.

Throw in a baby sitter for 8 hours and wallah... a ****ing $3 bottle of water seems pretty petty to me.

Sooner24
9/28/2008, 05:21 PM

Not even close.

It's not about the bottle it's about a bunch of idiots that they are paying to make up rules as they go. It's like the kid getting his backpack taken away. It's like the guy who is told he can't take his camera in. It's not about the bottle it's about the sheer stupidity of the people running security. The funny thing is you try to follow the rules and they say no but you go over to the student section after the game and look at all the empties that have been smuggled in. I guess I just need to sneak stuff in and not worry about it.

Ardmore_Sooner
9/28/2008, 05:22 PM
Stay at home and watch the game on TV. I have a family of five and I know the cost of attending the games as well.

Throw in a baby sitter for 8 hours and wallah... a ****ing $3 bottle of water seems pretty petty to me.

And you have what a full time job? You go to any away games? Are you still in college? Yeah it is a big deal when you make $6.55 on campus and you are in college ONE TIME to go to these games. Like I said it's more than the water. It's all the crap. You probably never go to basketball games so I'll assume that you know not of the jackassery that goes on there either.

Sooner24
9/28/2008, 05:24 PM

You people don't get it. It's not about the bottle it's the principal of the thing. It states in the rules of what's allowed and what's not allowed yet the morons at the gate don't seem to understand.

olevetonahill
9/28/2008, 05:28 PM
Between tickets, gas, hotel rooms and other things I have paid for this year going to OU football games I am probably out around $3,000, and we are only up to game four, so if I want to take a clear empty bottle which is allowed per their rules, I don't feel like I should be hassled every time I try to go in the stadium. If they want to change the rule about the bottle fine I won't do it. But as long as they say it is permissible then I shouldn't have to argue with some minimum wage, overweight idiot about it every time I go to the game.

Ok lets take yer Math bro .
Say 12 bucks a game is what you say water will cost Ok ?
Now 24 says hes spent 3000 On games so far
Now By My Old fashioned Math hes spent 750 bucks a game
wtf is another 12 Bucks :confused:
And with that Im thru .
I think 24 Is like My ex wife . Just wants to bitch :D

swardboy
9/28/2008, 05:35 PM
Oh, oh, oh...let me try: "It's about following the rules as they have been written. Don't change them on the fly. Checkers should know how to check."

I've got yer back 24. Maybe if you'd shave that long beard and quit wearing the turban to the games you'd fare better....oh, and get the girl to leave the burka at home too...

Ardmore_Sooner
9/28/2008, 05:38 PM
And with that Im thru .

Think of all the booze you could buy with $72.

Sooner24
9/28/2008, 05:38 PM
And with that Im thru .

I can see why she would want to be your ex-wife.

Sooner04
9/28/2008, 05:40 PM
And with that Im thru .
24 has made every home game since 1972. If he wants to take a damn bottle into the stadium, let him take a damn bottle into the stadium.

For someone who bitches about new people on the board, and the respect feature, and this, and that, and some other stuff I can't remember, and other stuff too, and that other thing I've forgotten, and getting drunk, I'd say your post rings rather hollow.

olevetonahill
9/28/2008, 05:40 PM
I can see why she would want to be your ex-wife.

Yup I didnt like her Bitching about stuff either .:P

olevetonahill
9/28/2008, 05:42 PM
24 has made every home game since 1972. If he wants to take a damn bottle into the stadium, let him take a damn bottle into the stadium.

For someone who bitches about new people on the board, and the respect feature, and this, and that, and some other stuff I can't remember, and other stuff too, and that other thing I've forgotten, and getting drunk, I'd say your post rings rather hollow.

I dont care what he does Dude . And Im proud Of him for Making all the Games
And as far as your Opinion Of me I couldnt care less .:rolleyes:

olevetonahill
9/28/2008, 05:44 PM

Take yer Neg and shove it Dude .
You can always put me on Iggy :rolleyes:

OUthunder
9/28/2008, 06:56 PM
And you have what a full time job? You go to any away games? Are you still in college? Yeah it is a big deal when you make $6.55 on campus and you are in college ONE TIME to go to these games. Like I said it's more than the water. It's all the crap. You probably never go to basketball games so I'll assume that you know not of the jackassery that goes on there either.

HA, if you call taking care of three kids a full time job then yes.

If you mean do I work for $6.55/ hour, then I would have to crunch the numbers. I write my own checks now, I work when I can except once a month when I have to fly to GA to answer to those who do make it possible to pay myself though.

My point being, we all make sacrifices.

BTW, went to college for six whole years... never worried about bottled water though. However, I did worry about beer and wimmens.:D

Ardmore_Sooner
9/28/2008, 07:06 PM
HA, if you call taking care of three kids a full time job then yes.

If you mean do I work for $6.55/ hour, then I would have to crunch the numbers. I write my own checks now, I work when I can except once a month when I have to fly to GA to answer to those who do make it possible to pay myself though.

My point being, we all make sacrifices.

BTW, went to college for six whole years... never worried about bottled water though. However, I did worry about beer and wimmens.:D

And I understand, but like I said, it's more than the water. It's all the crap they try to pull going into the games. Having to take your hat off so they make sure im not sneaking stuff in is ridiculous. When we go to away games, it is so relaxed it's funny.

OUthunder
9/28/2008, 07:09 PM
And I understand, but like I said, it's more than the water. It's all the crap they try to pull going into the games. Having to take your hat off so they make sure im not sneaking stuff in is ridiculous. When we go to away games, it is so relaxed it's funny.

I wear a visor, like Stoops. You should too. If they ask you to take the visor off, then I'd just strip down all the way?

Making you take a hat off is pretty ghey tho.

Ardmore_Sooner
9/28/2008, 07:12 PM

No, but the most abundant resource on the planet is usually free at restaurants.

Jeronimo
9/28/2008, 07:14 PM
wow, never been asked to take my hat off. I wore one yesterday and didnt get asked about that one. i walked in without taking anything out of my pockets too.

TXBOOMER
9/28/2008, 07:15 PM
I've went to every game this year and generally go in about one hour before kickoff without waiting at all. Quit taking all that bull shat in with you.

Ardmore_Sooner
9/28/2008, 07:16 PM
I wear a visor, like Stoops. You should too. If they ask you to take the visor off, then I'd just strip down all the way?

Making you take a hat off is pretty ghey tho.

One who is balding tends to not wear a visor. :D

But like I said, I sit in the lower bowl at the basketball games, and once went to the lower bowl restrooms only to be stopped and ask where my ticket was. I told them it was where my seat was, another Nazi had already asked me on the way down to the lower bowl so how else would I have gotten in. They said I needed a ticket which led me to just walk by them.

It's the principle of it all. And some people would go to football games if you had to be completely stripped down. What chaps me is I have heard STUDENTS say they don't want to go to basketball games because it's like dealing with an airport. And I know the first response to that is they aren't real fans, but not everyone grew up OU fans. The university is shooting themselves in the foot by not relaxing the way things are run at sporting events, especially basketball. When the lower bowl is half empty, let the people in the top move down. This kind of crap is what hacks me off.

Jeronimo
9/28/2008, 07:18 PM
i dont get it either. i always walk in bout the time announcer says "its football tiiiiiiime in Oklahoma". i just find the shortest line, walk right in. no bubbles, no troubles. every single home game. i dont get why you some of you cant just conform to the rules. it makes gameday much more smooth.

Ardmore_Sooner
9/28/2008, 07:18 PM
I've went to every game this year and generally go in about one hour before kickoff without waiting at all. Quit taking all that bull shat in with you.

Ok so is it ok to take the stuff in that you are allowed to take or not? What is the point of even having a list of things allowed to bring in?

Sooner_Havok
9/28/2008, 07:19 PM
I am confused. I walk up to the stadium about 40 minutes before kick-off (I like to see the Pride's pre-game marching) and walk right past the security folks. I also stuff my pockets with bottled water, they can't pat you sown anymore. At least I don't think they can. They never pat anyone I can see down either.

Ardmore_Sooner
9/28/2008, 07:20 PM
i dont get it either. i always walk in bout the time announcer says "its football tiiiiiiime in Oklahoma". i just find the shortest line, walk right in. no bubbles, no troubles. every single home game. i dont get why you some of you cant just conform to the rules. it makes gameday much more smooth.

WHAT RULES? THESE RULES?

• Alcoholic beverages
• Baby seats
• Baby strollers
• Balloons
• Banners, Signs
• Beach Balls
• Coolers or containers
• Explosives
• Food and beverages
• Ice chest
• Laser pointers
• Personal heaters
• Video cameras

http://www.soonersports.com/facilities/memorial-stadium.html

Jeronimo
9/28/2008, 07:20 PM
ardmore.... its kind of hard to let up when there is guys tryin to get in the stadium to blow it up. i cant remember what game it was, but that guy blew himself away in the south oval during the 2nd quarter of a game.

i'm not sure about basketball cause i always sit in the upper seats. but the bball thing does sound a little ridiculous.

Ardmore_Sooner
9/28/2008, 07:22 PM
ardmore.... its kind of hard to let up when there is guys tryin to get in the stadium to blow it up. i cant remember what game it was, but that guy blew himself away in the south oval during the 2nd quarter of a game.

i'm not sure about basketball cause i always sit in the upper seats. but the bball thing does sound a little ridiculous.

That is such a lame excuse. Check the bags, that's fine. But don't make stuff up off the fly.

Jeronimo
9/28/2008, 07:22 PM
yeah those rules. heh. i noticed clear drinking containers are cool. someone needs to print these off and take them with them. especially those with drinking bottles.

Ardmore_Sooner
9/28/2008, 07:23 PM
I'm just curious on how all my fellow students can sneak bottle after bottle of alcohol into the game, which could be filled with some unknown scary substance, but one bringing a backpack full of BOOKS can't get in.

Sooner_Havok
9/28/2008, 07:24 PM
Having student tickets is funny. When entering the stadium you must present you Student ID and ticket. To ascend the ramp from the concourse to the seating area, you must present your OU student ID and ticket. To leave the ramp leading from the concourse to the seating area, you must present your OU student ID and ticket.

To get your friends into the student section that have regular seats, you tell them to go up the ramp before the student section, walk up the bleachers,and over to where you are. :D

Jeronimo
9/28/2008, 07:26 PM
idk. i dont make the rules. i just try to avoid hustle and bustle as much as i can. it keeps me from turning green and muscled up.

sooner59
9/28/2008, 07:34 PM
Well give give ardmore and a few other people on here credit....there is a difference between a purse with girl stuff in it (and they check purses anyway) and a bomb or other type of weapon. Its fairly easy if you aren't a moron to differentiate harmless things from harmful things. Sure it will make lines move slower, but its a give and take relationship with security.

Sooner24
9/28/2008, 08:01 PM
Well give give ardmore and a few other people on here credit....there is a difference between a purse with girl stuff in it (and they check purses anyway) and a bomb or other type of weapon. Its fairly easy if you aren't a moron to differentiate harmless things from harmful things. Sure it will make lines move slower, but its a give and take relationship with security.

At Washington they had a line if you had bags, and several men were toting backpacks, and a line if you were just going in without anything. Funny how fast you get in there as opposed to OU. Going to Baylor this coming weekend and I promise it won't be any hassle at all.

Taxman71
9/29/2008, 08:58 AM
If I worked security, I would not admit anyone with school books on general principle. Books at a football just ain't right.

olevetonahill
9/29/2008, 09:02 AM
http://static.flickr.com/38/84237916_936efca575_o.jpg
and this thread :rolleyes:

Sooner24
9/29/2008, 01:09 PM
And with that Im thru .

Seems like you really aren't. :rolleyes:

boomermagic
9/29/2008, 01:11 PM

I'll take your season tickets ?