PDA

View Full Version : USC will destroy Ohio State

Soonermagik
9/6/2008, 09:15 PM
Then Ohio State will be knocked out of our way. I'm sure Georgia will end up losing at least one SEC game if not more.

I know the end of the season is a long ways off, but it's looking good so far.

Hopefully, this isn't a mirror image of the 03-04 season. :confused: :(

However, I would love nothing more than to pound SC in the orange bowl for some sweet revenge. :D

primetime43
9/6/2008, 09:17 PM
If we take care of business we'll be fine and we'll get a shot at God's team USC.

OU_Sooners75
9/6/2008, 09:20 PM
LMFAO!

USC beat th living crap out of Virginia. Then the amazing team of Virginia beat Richmond 16-0.

LMFAO USC will have problems with OSU.

Mandibleclaw
9/6/2008, 09:28 PM
I see no reason why we shouldn't jump tOsu after their performance, then I remembered they are tOsu and ugly wins count to voters. :rolleyes:

Soonermagik
9/6/2008, 09:32 PM
LMFAO!

USC beat th living crap out of Virginia. Then the amazing team of Virginia beat Richmond 16-0.

Did you see Ohio State play today??? I'm willing to bet that Ohio State not only loses, but they lose by double digits.

OKC-SLC
9/6/2008, 09:33 PM
USC will kill them. USC is very good, as much as it pains me to say it.

Scott D
9/6/2008, 09:43 PM
Provided he's at least 80%, I think it'll be fun to watch Beanie Wells v. Ray Maualuga.

IronSooner
9/6/2008, 09:48 PM
SC will beat tOSU by at least 14, if not 20. I hope it's competitive, and I'd rather see acorn aggie win it, but they won't.

salth2o
9/6/2008, 09:55 PM
I expect the opening line to be at least SUC -14

OKC-SLC
9/6/2008, 10:00 PM
I expect the opening line to be at least SUC -14

i'd take usc to cover that in a heartbeat.

these are the kinds of games USC wins big.

sendbaht
9/6/2008, 10:04 PM
"USC will kill them. USC is very good, as much as it pains me to say it."

I wish it was not so but I belive you are correct.

OU_Sooners75
9/6/2008, 10:21 PM
Did you see Ohio State play today??? I'm willing to bet that Ohio State not only loses, but they lose by double digits.

Any idiot can assume that after their performance today.

It was a pathetic performance to say the least.

But how many times has OU had a crappy performance a week before the Texas game or any other big game?

sooner59
9/6/2008, 10:21 PM
Agreed, USC will own Ohio State. Im more worried about Florida. For being in the SEC, Florida doesn't have that bad of a schedule this year.

MissouriSooner
9/7/2008, 12:02 AM
USC will beat Ohio State like a rented mule. End of story.

BoulderSooner79
9/7/2008, 01:16 AM
Then Ohio State will be knocked out of our way. I'm sure Georgia will end up losing at least one SEC game if not more.

I know the end of the season is a long ways off, but it's looking good so far.

Hopefully, this isn't a mirror image of the 03-04 season. :confused: :(

However, I would love nothing more than to pound SC in the orange bowl for some sweet revenge. :D

But I don't want tOSU knocked out of our way - I want OU to whip them in the BCS title game. Second choice is Georgia. I have 2 favorite teams every week 1) OU 2)USC's opponent. Unfortunately, I've thought 'SC would stomp tOSU before the season started. tOSU losing Wells and playing so flat today hasn't changed that opinion :(

JLEW1818
9/7/2008, 01:19 AM
My View on the Situation.

Ohio State 45, Texas Tech 21
Ohio State 51, Kent State 17
Ohio State 25, Washington State 7
Ohio State 23, Cincinnati 19
Ohio State 45, Indiana 17
Ohio State 27, Northwestern 16
Ohio State 50, San Jose State 7
Ohio State 19, Wisconsin 14
Ohio State 13, Penn State 7
Ohio State 34, Minnesota 3
Ohio State 10, Purdue 6
Ohio State 23, Illinois 16 (overtime)
Ohio State 14, Michigan 9

That is the year they won the National Title, look at the close games against bad teams. Just saying. They still win games.

silverwheels
9/7/2008, 02:48 AM
Ohio State didn't have Wells and I'm sure their minds weren't completely in the game today. Still, I like USC by 10. Not exactly a killing, but they should be the better team.

MojoRisen
9/7/2008, 03:12 AM
Ohio st look really bad today on offense... Their D played well considering they were on the field most of the game.

USC will absolutely spank them - 35-10

Fraggle145
9/7/2008, 03:16 AM
I see no reason why we shouldn't jump tOsu after their performance, then I remembered they are tOsu and ugly wins count to voters. :rolleyes:

after the way USC jumped UGA (granted the USC fellating factor was in effect) I wouldnt be surprised to see us jump tOSU.

The Maestro
9/7/2008, 08:23 AM
Yeah, I remember in 1987 when OU barely beat a crappy Missouri team 17-13 after some key injuries the week before Nebraska. Nebraska jumped us in the polls and we had to go to their place...and we rolled.

Ohio State was clearly looking ahead and after yesterday, they will have a great week of practice cause they are humbled. Meanwhile, USC has been in L.A. being told how awesome they are for two weeks by the time they take the field...and that was obviously against a really bad Virginia team. Nothing proven, except they can crush a bad team.

This game will be close...my two cents.

1890MilesToNorman
9/7/2008, 09:10 AM
I would like to see Duh Ohio State upset SC and push us above both of them, then we take care of business and play whoever the BCS committee puts in the MNC with OU.

stoopified
9/7/2008, 09:12 AM
I agree BUT it would be funnier than hell if TOSU won.

SoonerRedHead
9/7/2008, 10:03 AM
t0su should just send their score by big10mail, and tell usc to add whatever they want, which is pretty much is how the game will play out anyway.

IronHorseSooner
9/7/2008, 10:18 AM
I agree with Maestro on this. tOSU's heads were not in that game. Now, do we deserve to jump them based on our play, YES! Will it matter in the end, NO! Why, because the winner of that game was going to be ahead of us anyway. The same goes with UF/UGA winner, if they are both undefeated. tOSU needs to win this game. There are some teams in the Big10/11 who can beat them (Wisky, Penn State, Illinois), and the Wisky game is at Camp Randall. If SUC wins, unless they get distracted, they will run the table. All of their tough games are at home (ASU, Oregon, Cal). 'Zona and UCLA are on the road, but I don't know if either one of those teams have enough to beat them.

Breadburner
9/7/2008, 11:38 AM
I'm pretty sure Tressel put together a simple game plan together to win against Ohio and not reveal to much to USC.....

Jacie
9/7/2008, 02:32 PM
I realize the bucknuts weren't going to showcase the offense vs Ohio but their premiere RB was on the sideline. He isn't going to step on the field and be The Great One after sitting out a week in a walking cast. State still has a lot of studs, especially on defense. Only problem is man-for-man, SUC looks bigger and faster than everyone else. I hope they give the condoms hell but I don't expect em to win.

olevetonahill
9/7/2008, 02:42 PM
I agree BUT it would be funnier than hell if TOSU won.

Im gonna LMFAO WHEN that happens:D

salth2o
9/7/2008, 04:50 PM
This line just opened at SUC -7.5 and is at -9 now at most places. Degenerates get on SUC early if you are so inclined b/c this line will move up fast.

Soonermagik
9/7/2008, 07:21 PM
This line just opened at SUC -7.5 and is at -9 now at most places. Degenerates get on SUC early if you are so inclined b/c this line will move up fast.

I wish I could have caught it at 7.5!!:mad: I still like it at 9 too. :D

salth2o
9/7/2008, 07:27 PM

Anything under two touchdowns, I will be playing large on Sat.

Going to try to get it in the morning when the lines are posted.

BudSooner
9/7/2008, 08:41 PM
I was going to say 7, but yeah 9 ain't bad.

pergdaddy
9/8/2008, 03:01 PM
If we play like we did against OU (ohio, not you guys, obviously), we will lose by 3 scores at least.

True, Tressel doesn't like to use up the playbook early in the season so that other teams can't scout it, so I'm sure it was a basic game plan. True, Beanie didn't play and he's needed badly on the field. But they still had big time drops by the receivers and I don't care if it's Ohio, you need to take care of business.

If OSU slows the game down and can grind it out with Beanie and allow the defense time to rest, it should be close. If we start turning it over, it could be a very long night.

I know most of you hate the Buckeyes or strongly dislike them, but from one Buckeye fan to you guys, I have no ill will for OU. Never have, you guys have never given me anything to hate even when you were on top (which you still are). I just hope we don't look bad Saturday. The 2 NC losses still sting.

Only teams I hate: Notre Dame, Michigan, WVU.

KantoSooner
9/8/2008, 04:47 PM
If OSU slows the game down and can grind it out.

but that's the point: you will not be able to do this. I am not sure if anyone in the country, right now at least, could play USC and, essentially, force them to play 1950's football. They don't want to and nobody, as of yet, has been able to make them.

So, how will your guys compare to a team of raving crack heads hyped on rage-ahol and blood lust, running a hurry-up offense? At their house?

I dislike USC but this quite simply will not be a close game. SC by 3-4 scores.

Pieces Hit
9/10/2008, 09:26 AM
Well the ball bounces funny sometimes too.

MiccoMacey
9/10/2008, 09:54 AM
I know most of you hate the Buckeyes or strongly dislike them, but from one Buckeye fan to you guys, I have no ill will for OU. Never have, you guys have never given me anything to hate even when you were on top (which you still are). I just hope we don't look bad Saturday. The 2 NC losses still sting.

Only teams I hate: Notre Dame, Michigan, WVU.

I like tOSU. I don't believe they deserved to be in the championship game last year but I believe they will be there this year:

tOSU - 31
USC - 28

Good luck to you Buckeyes.

Pieces Hit
9/10/2008, 09:58 AM
...and sometimes the refs are retarded.

Anything can happen.

sooneron
9/10/2008, 10:02 AM
condoms - 38
acorns - 20

PDXsooner
9/10/2008, 10:57 AM
LMFAO!

that type of comparison makes no sense and never has. if you try to apply that logic to final scores, than everyone sucks.

JLEW1818
9/10/2008, 11:05 AM
Actually the lines opened up at 10 - 10 1/2 USC to win. They are still at that.

http://www.vegas.com/gaming/sportsline_ncaaf.html

JLEW1818
9/10/2008, 11:06 AM
I've also yet to see a spread that is under 10. I dunno where ya'll are seeing this at?

http://www.madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php

wow the over under is at 44, what ya'll think about that??

The Maestro
9/10/2008, 11:17 AM
Pryor becomes Ohio State's VY in this game. Remember how well USC did against him? A star will be born...

JLEW1818
9/10/2008, 11:26 AM
My money will be on tOSU covering.

UberSooner
9/10/2008, 11:48 AM
SUC big and going away. Much as I hate to say it, teh SUC looks like a monster. Having said that, I hope we both win out so we can exorcise some demons.

JLEW1818
9/10/2008, 12:15 PM
over under 44

PDXsooner
9/10/2008, 06:58 PM
usc is one of the top 3 teams in the country for a 7th consecutive season. i don't like usc, and i don't like the fact that they're all the pac 10 has to hang their hat on, but you have to give them their due.

their non-conference games are brutal and usc brings it every year.

Soonermagik
9/13/2008, 10:25 PM
Just what I thought would happen.

If we match up with them in the Orange Bowl I hope it turns out differently than 04.

Johnny Utah
9/13/2008, 10:32 PM
usc is one of the top 3 teams in the country for a 7th consecutive season. i don't like usc, and i don't like the fact that they're all the pac 10 has to hang their hat on, but you have to give them their due.

their non-conference games are brutal and usc brings it every year.

Any thoughts as to why? Does usc just do a better job of recruiting than the other 9 teams in their league? Are they that much better coached? Do they just look the other way regarding academics, character, etc?

StoopTroup
9/13/2008, 10:35 PM
Suc gets lots of playas due to Compton and the possibility of a Rap Career after football is over. ;)

http://www.kamrany.us/nmk/snoop.jpg

Johnny Utah
9/13/2008, 10:38 PM
Suc gets lots of playas due to Compton and the possibility of a Rap Career after football is over. ;)

http://www.kamrany.us/nmk/snoop.jpg

and lemme guess ... the pac 10 officials will look the other way

Soonermagik
9/13/2008, 11:15 PM
Any thoughts as to why? Does usc just do a better job of recruiting than the other 9 teams in their league? Are they that much better coached? Do they just look the other way regarding academics, character, etc?

Seriously, they get the best players in California. California has the nations largest population, so they have more players to choose from. Plus, they have an awesome location and a personable head coach. IMHO, if Pete stays there for another 10 years he may become the most dominate college coach of all time. :(

Trust me, they are beatable, but whoever plays them has to bring their A game.

cheezyq
9/13/2008, 11:30 PM
Wait, after the pub they're getting from ESPN tonight, I thought they WON the MNC already? I thought the season was over. Did I miss something?