PDA

View Full Version : By far the fastest guy on the field today

DrZaius
9/6/2008, 07:28 PM
was Broyles. That kid was nothing but a blur out there today. I am looking forward to having his child later this season. :) :)

Rogue
9/6/2008, 07:31 PM
Great big time debut for that kid today.

Curly Bill
9/6/2008, 07:33 PM
I was impressed.

CK Sooner
9/6/2008, 07:36 PM
Looked great.

Hopefully we can utilize him in the same way next Saturday.

the_ouskull
9/6/2008, 07:41 PM
He can steal my gas any day.

the_ouskull

mdklatt
9/6/2008, 07:43 PM
The Cincy kick returner looked pretty fast to me. :O

CK Sooner
9/6/2008, 07:49 PM
The Cincy kick returner looked pretty fast to me. :O

That he did.

Of course part of that was probably that our kick coverage was horrible.

primetime43
9/6/2008, 07:57 PM
He looks fun!!

SoonerPr8r
9/6/2008, 07:59 PM
I will buy him some gas!

CK Sooner
9/6/2008, 08:01 PM
The gas jokes were funny for a while guys, but come on.

swardboy
9/6/2008, 08:05 PM
Yep, broyles was all he was advertised to be. Nice seeing newer OK kids like him and Madu making major contributions.

mdklatt
9/6/2008, 08:12 PM
Yep, broyles was all he was advertised to be. Nice seeing newer OK kids like him and Madu making major contributions.

Madu is a horse.

mdklatt
9/6/2008, 08:13 PM
What was the deal with the end of the game?? Why did the clock stop at 0:02 instead of running out on that 3rd down running play? Did Cincy call a timeout? It was a weird timeout if they did--I don't think they left field. :confused:

CK Sooner
9/6/2008, 08:14 PM
What was the deal with the end of the game?? Why did the clock stop at 0:02 instead of running out on that 3rd down running play? Did Cincy call a timeout? It was a weird timeout if they did--I don't think they left field. :confused:

1st down.

mdklatt
9/6/2008, 08:20 PM
1st down.

D'oh--didn't even think of that.

Soonerfan85
9/6/2008, 08:33 PM

At least you got to see the end of the game. Here in SEC land abc switched to the Ole Miss/Wake game early in the 4th quarter. :mad:

Was it Broyles the common tators were comparing to Mark Clayton? I know Broyles looked good today, but comparisons to Mark Clayton??????? A little early for those kind of accolades.

bluedogok
9/6/2008, 08:36 PM
Yes, it was the Broyles - Clayton comparison.

Curly Bill
9/6/2008, 08:37 PM
Was it Broyles the common tators were comparing to Mark Clayton? I know Broyles looked good today, but comparisons to Mark Clayton??????? A little early for those kind of accolades.

Yes, but they said they weren't saying that he was as good as Clayton, just that he was the same type player. They were quite respectful of Clayton.

GottaHavePride
9/6/2008, 08:50 PM
He looks fun!!

I hope you're a chick. ;)

Matt Clapp had a good game, too.

r5TPsooner
9/6/2008, 08:55 PM
He may have been the fastest but the best player on the field today was Mardy Gilyard from Cincinnati.

He scared me to death more than once and he's faster in person than he looks on TV.

OU_Sooners75
9/6/2008, 09:03 PM
He can steal my gas any day.

the_ouskull

I thought he was given the card. :P

r5TPsooner
9/6/2008, 09:06 PM
I thought he was given the card. :P

Nope, he was "given" the codes to the gas pumps.

DrZaius
9/6/2008, 09:46 PM
At least you got to see the end of the game. Here in SEC land abc switched to the Ole Miss/Wake game early in the 4th quarter. :mad:

I was watching on GamePlan and they did not switch to anything. I watched the teams leave the field.

bluedogok
9/6/2008, 09:47 PM
I was watching on GamePlan and they did not switch to anything. I watched the teams leave the field.
Where do you live?

IronSooner
9/6/2008, 09:51 PM

Same here. Gameplan stuck with it. They also stuck with the same 4 commercials throughout the game.

bluedogok
9/6/2008, 09:54 PM
If you were watching the entire game on Gameplan and your local affiliate had a different game, then yours shouldn't have switched. If you had the game on a local broadcast I would imagine that it would have been blacked out on Gameplan. That is what they have traditionally done.

texas bandman
9/6/2008, 09:57 PM
WF/Ole Miss game here on the South Plains of Texas. Exciting finish, but I'd rather watch OU in mop-up duty than WF/Ole Miss in the NC game. :D

Curly Bill
9/6/2008, 10:09 PM
Cable One in north Texas (Howe) showed the entire game.

StoopTroup
9/6/2008, 10:25 PM
Broyles...

Bob's comments on him was..."He did about what I expected from him...we've been watching him quite awhile".

My comments....Total Stud. We need to use him in more aspects of the game IMO.

Glad he's on our side.

Thought #28 Travis Lewis did a great job on D too.

Curly Bill
9/6/2008, 10:27 PM
Broyles...

Bob's comments on him was..."He did about what I expected from him...we've been watching him quite awhile".

My comments....Total Stud. We need to use him in more aspects of the game IMO.

Glad he's on our side.

Thought #28 Travis Lewis did a great job on D too.

Agreed, and I thought Beal played well too.

the_ouskull
9/6/2008, 10:53 PM
Too bad he plays for a basketball school that sucks at basketball.

Heh. Boomer.

So there's no confusion, I'm talking about the kid from Cincy that was so fast... not Broyles. OU does not suck at basketball, nor will they at any time in the immediate future. Especially now that Longar Longar has graduated. Thank you.

the_ouskull

Mandibleclaw
9/6/2008, 11:40 PM
I finally got to see some highlights, that Broyles kid is something special alright.........Claytonesque.

r5TPsooner
9/6/2008, 11:41 PM
Cheney is invisible.

MissouriSooner
9/6/2008, 11:55 PM
Same here. Gameplan stuck with it. They also stuck with the same 4 commercials throughout the game.

I hope Julius Erving is getting paid per-commercial for that Dr. Pepper spot, 'cause I was watching E-360 today where I could see all games in small screens on the bottom of the big screen, and that commercial must have run at least 500 times today. During every break in every game, it ran.

adoniijahsooner
9/7/2008, 01:27 AM
I would like to see Broyles on kickoffs and punt returns.

soonerspudman
9/7/2008, 02:11 AM
I hope Julius Erving is getting paid per-commercial for that Dr. Pepper spot, 'cause I was watching E-360 today where I could see all games in small screens on the bottom of the big screen, and that commercial must have run at least 500 times today. During every break in every game, it ran.

Can you believe he made that shot every single time?

tennsooner
9/7/2008, 05:19 AM
Can you believe he made that shot every single time?

I was in awe of that too.:D :D

DrZaius
9/7/2008, 05:47 AM
Where do you live?

Atlanta.....

oupride
9/7/2008, 07:59 AM
Is Broyles a starter?

Aries
9/7/2008, 08:34 AM

The clock would have started once the ball was set if it was just because of a first down. Cincinnatti called a timeout.

stoopified
9/7/2008, 08:38 AM
The Cincy kick returner looked pretty fast to me. :Oditto

DrZaius
9/7/2008, 10:22 AM
More props for Ryan.....Pretty good article.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/bigeast/0-1-48/Broyles-has-record-smashing-debut-for-Sooners.html

meoveryouxinfinity
9/7/2008, 11:14 AM
The gas jokes were funny for a while guys, but come on.

he definitely wasn't "gassed out" today.

heh :D ;)

bluedogok
9/7/2008, 11:26 AM
Atlanta.....
So you had the Old Miss-Wake Forest game on your affiliate, not the OU game. Since our affiliate was showing the OU game, our Gameplan channel would have been blacked out, so we wouldn't have been able to switch to the Gameplan channel after the change to the other game. That is why Gameplan for watching OU games where they are regularly shown is a waste of money, if you were to buy it for that reason.

the_ouskull
9/7/2008, 11:32 AM
he definitely wasn't "gassed out" today.

heh :D ;)

Nice work, sir.

the_ouskull