PDA

View Full Version : Hammer Stunt

The VIIIth
9/5/2008, 04:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54EV42w4_t0&feature=related

Scott Hill vs Tony Dorsett, for those who have never seen it...

Breadburner
9/5/2008, 06:45 PM
That never gets old....The funny thing is they never stopped the game, the trainers came out and drug him off the field......

KingDavid
9/6/2008, 12:26 AM
true thing of beauty. if you've seen the other view from futher away, you can see that he actually leaves his feet about 6 yards from the ball. perfectly timed. in an interview later on, TD said that he was so disoriented that he told his coach that they were "dropping bodies from the sky" to tackle him!

KingBarry
9/6/2008, 04:43 AM
I recognize that vid!!

If I remember right, I believe it is from the classic VHS Barry Switzer, 15 years of Championship Football, that was I believe published by Channel 5 koco tv.

Hmmm, good times. Little did we know that there would only be 16 years of Switzer ball, and that there would be no more championship years.

AlbqSooner
9/6/2008, 06:22 AM
On that day the vaunted Dorsett had 17 yards on 12 carries. Despite what Howard Cosell, SI, and numerous others said, he WAS stopped in college football.

tennsooner
9/6/2008, 06:41 AM
Read a newspaper article in the Nashville paper about 15 years ago or so that had an interview with Dorsett and they asked him about the punishment that running backs have to take playing Pro ball. He said that altho it was rough the hardest he ever got hit was in college when they played Oklahoma. I can't remember his exact words but it was something to the effect That they later told him it was number 7 that hit him but best he could remember it looked like an S on that guy's chest. It was hilarious

Flagstaffsooner
9/6/2008, 06:48 AM
Read a newspaper article in the Nashville paper about 15 years ago or so that had an interview with Dorsett and they asked him about the punishment that running backs have to take playing Pro ball. He said that altho it was rough the hardest he ever got hit was in college when they played Oklahoma. I can't remember his exact words but it was something to the effect That they later told him it was number 7 that hit him but best he could remember it looked like an S on that guy's chest. It was hilariousThats funny stuff.
BTW, what ever happend to Scott Hill? As I remember he was involved in some way with the Charles Thompson scandal.

Remembering Tom Stidham
9/6/2008, 08:18 AM
Years ago I was sitting in Vehon's Restaurant on Greenville Avenue, enjoying some raw oysters. The only other person in there was Dorsett. I was waiting for Gary Gibbs to share some recruiting information. I asked Tony if he had ever met Scott Hill. 'People are always asking me that.' But he had not and probably still hasn't.

BoulderSooner79
9/6/2008, 08:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54EV42w4_t0&feature=related

Scott Hill vs Tony Dorsett, for those who have never seen it...

I was at that game, but couldn't really see the play. I was in the student section which was behind the OU players and the play was too close to the sidelines. But the crowd reaction told the story. The thing that stood out that day was the total domination of OU in a much hyped game. That Selmon led D just stuffed 'em. OU finished #1 in the polls that season and I think Pitt finished #1 the next year when OU was rebuilding.

Remembering Tom Stidham
9/6/2008, 09:24 AM
The year Scott graduated from L.D. Bell, I was very active in recruiting. I was with Barry just after he had signed a tight end from Richardson. He looked at me and said 'Today we are goig to sign the finest high school quarterback in Texas.' I responded 'Scott Hill'? "No, Kerry Jackson from Galveston Ball." Barry, I understand he is awfully dumb. As Gene Hochevar told me later, we'll call the plays for him. If we could just have undone that signature.