PDA

View Full Version : HR ****** *******s

royalfan5
9/5/2008, 04:31 PM
So I applied for a job on-line on Wednesday afternoon.(The Day the Job posted) They have sent me a formal application to fill out, and already conducted a short phone interview about my background and interest in the company. The indicated that they are planning on conducting formal interviews next week. They also indicated that my salary requirements were probably on the low side for the position. Since I understand the HR process about as well as I do women, I am wondering if I am right in guessing that this is a good sign for me, or if the process is being fast tracked for another reason.

Hamhock
9/5/2008, 04:33 PM
it means you didn't put enough for salary requirements.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/5/2008, 04:34 PM
They either think your dumb, a steal or don't know much... ;)

royalfan5
9/5/2008, 04:38 PM
They either think your dumb, a steal or don't know much... ;)
Well it isn't like I can work them for a raise from my current employer.

SCOUT
9/5/2008, 04:45 PM
If it were my company, I would say that it is a good sign. We don't play a lot of games with people when it comes to salary negotiation and are pretty up front. If you can add the same value as someone with higher expectations, that would certainly give you a leg up.

Starting interviews next week doesn't necessarily mean that they will be making a decision next week. It is entirely possible that they intend to have the job posted for something like 30 days but want to interview throughout that time so they don't have to do 50 interviews at the end.

Good Luck!

royalfan5
9/5/2008, 04:47 PM
I should also note that my current employer already sent a recommendation to the head guy there because they know each other.

Penguin
9/5/2008, 04:49 PM
It means you accidentally attached gay pr0n to your resume when you e-mailed it.

They may be very interested in you, but it may not be the position you are thinking of.

Whet
9/5/2008, 05:03 PM
It sounds very promising.

Just be sure to wear clean underwear to the interview AND this time, wear them underneath your slacks!

Heck, you may not even enjoy your respite from employment...

Veritas
9/5/2008, 05:08 PM
Were you required to provide your salary requirements? If not, I'd advise you to just put "negotiable."

StoopTroup
9/5/2008, 05:10 PM
In the interview let them know the reason your on the low side is that they are on probation the first month of your employment and you will be getting back to them about your salary and bonus after the first 30 days is up.

Tell em it's just how you like to do things.

royalfan5
9/5/2008, 05:11 PM
Were you required to provide your salary requirements? If not, I'd advise you to just put "negotiable."

I was required to list a number. I basically told them I meant negotiable when I talked to them today.

Veritas
9/5/2008, 05:15 PM
I was required to list a number. I basically told them I meant negotiable when I talked to them today.
Ok. I don't know if you did this, but input your FULL compensation, including the value of your benefits. A compensation package is far more than simply your salary.

TheUnnamedSooner
9/5/2008, 05:18 PM

uh, is that what I said? Yeah, you're right, that is low!

royalfan5
9/5/2008, 05:21 PM
Ok. I don't know if you did this, but input your FULL compensation, including the value of your benefits. A compensation package is far more than simply your salary.
I touched on that in the conversation. I kind of had a crappy job for this comparison though, as I essentially gambled and took short money from a company and bet it would work in my favor in the end, all while ignoring the signs that indicated I was a dip**** for doing so.(of which there were many)

Mixer!
9/5/2008, 05:27 PM
Feet shoulder width apart
Rest your weight on the balls of your feet
Keep your back shoulder up
Point the toes of your front foot towards the pitcher when you swing
Swing level!
Follow through on your swing; your chin should start at your front shoulder, and finish at your back shoulder
Remember, it's the sequential unlocking of your body parts at the point of maximum contact.

Good luck. :pop:

olevetonahill
9/5/2008, 08:16 PM
Just tell em the reason your salary stated is Low Because you dont do much work and Like to post on SoonerFans;)

tommieharris91
9/5/2008, 08:24 PM
Just tell em the reason your salary stated is Low Because you dont do much work and Like to post on SoonerFans;)

Damn. No wonder why I can't get a job!