PDA

View Full Version : Pokes, Tek and KU are bullies.

badger
9/5/2008, 03:53 PM
This (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=frightful/080905) is one of those funny Page 2 features... which for once, does not pick on OU! Woot :rolleyes:

Let's zero in on a team that loves to load up on the fluffiest cupcakes of all. The Jayhawks are the only BCS school to have played a I-AA or provisional I-A team in each of the past 10 seasons. Maybe that strategy has something to do with Kansas' lack of nonconference success in the past decade: 0-4, with two losses to Northwestern. Ouch. Kansas does travel to South Florida this season, but the 2008 menu also includes home games against Florida International, Louisiana Tech and Sam Houston State. Bon appetit.

The Red Raiders can defend some of their nonconference scheduling as important to maintaining rivalries with former Southwest Conference foes, such as TCU and SMU, and regional opponents, such as New Mexico and UTEP. Playing six I-AA opponents is more difficult to defend, although six other Big 12 teams had as many or more from 1998 to 2007. Tech plays two I-AA teams this season, although its opener against Eastern Washington was added because Tulsa backed out of its contract to play in Lubbock just seven months before the teams' scheduled game.

From 1998 to 2007, only Baylor lost more games to non-BCS teams than the Cowboys among Big 12 teams. Those defeats came at the hands of Houston, Louisiana Tech, Southern Mississippi (twice), Troy and Tulsa. At least Oklahoma State was willing to play Houston and Troy on the road, which is relatively rare among BCS teams. Also, the Cowboys did travel to Georgia last season, and they've already defeated as many BCS nonconference teams on the road in 2008 -- Washington State last week -- as they did in the previous 10 seasons combined.

Click the linky to read the dirt on programs like LSU :D

Taxman71
9/5/2008, 04:20 PM
As for LSU, the writer omitted (a) another bully (Arkie) beat them in Baton Rouge last year and (b) both BCS trophies came in their backyard in New Orleans.

Thank you Joe C. for keeping us off this list.

badger
9/5/2008, 04:59 PM
As for LSU, the writer omitted (a) another bully (Arkie) beat them in Baton Rouge last year and (b) both BCS trophies came in their backyard in New Orleans.

Thank you Joe C. for keeping us off this list.

It really is good that we have "name" opponents each season. It probably helps in season tix sales - TAKE NOTE MIKE HOLDER! Sam Houston State does NOT put butts in seats, not even expanded butts in expanded stadium seats!

:D

NYC Poke
9/5/2008, 05:20 PM
Why are we bullies? We let the little guys win enough . . . :(

stoops the eternal pimp
9/5/2008, 05:32 PM
Does this guy look like a bully?

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/5650/manginoisfatpe5.gif (http://imageshack.us)

TheUnnamedSooner
9/5/2008, 06:12 PM
man, how does mangino change his watch and logos on his shirt so fast? no wonder he's a bully

cheezyq
9/5/2008, 11:40 PM
Yet again proving another of my previous points, note how 5, YES FIVE, of the top 10 are in the SEC. The SEC schedules wusses every season so they can all go into their conference schedules at 3-1 or 4-0, and complain about how TOUGH their conferece is in comparison to everyone else. ESPN has fully bought in to SEC being the dominant conference, so it's funny that this article was officially pushed to "Page 2".