PDA

View Full Version : Homey, You Win.

SicEmBaylor
9/5/2008, 03:37 PM
I'm voting for McCain. I really can't stand the guy's politics, and I think he'll be horrible for the conservative movement. Having said that, Palin is clearly the future of conservatism and a fine example of a state Republican who has not been contaminated with the "corruption of principle" that has plagued the GOP on the national level since 1998.

My refusal to vote for McCain has been based on the idea that a GOP loss would give the Republican Party a time-out or "breather" to reassess why it has lost the confidence of its base and the American people. I have assumed that it would give grassroots level/limited-government conservatives a chance to take charge of the movement and the party in such a way that it would diminish the party bosses and neocons that have taken control on the national level.

Having said all of that, Palin is precisely the kind of conservative that should be rewarded. I fear that her electoral failure could be as detrimental to conservatism as I once thought McCain's success would be. This puts me into an awkward situation, and it's definitely an iffy-prospect in my mind. Nonetheless, at the moment, I think the greater good for conservatism can now be served by having Gov. Palin in the #2 seat.

I'm going to cheerfully vote for Palin and hold my nose when I vote for her less than stellar running mate.

C&CDean
9/5/2008, 03:39 PM
The trickle before the flood...

tommieharris91
9/5/2008, 03:52 PM
Now move somewhere like Ohio or Pennsylvania so that your vote will count.

SicEmBaylor
9/5/2008, 03:54 PM
I have a policy of not moving north of the Mason-Dixon line.

Besides, if you believe the Obama campaign, Texas could be in play. ;)

JohnnyMack
9/5/2008, 03:57 PM

:les:THEY'RE ENERGIZING THE BASE!!!!!!!!! DON'T YOU GET IT?!?!?!?!?!

Veritas
9/5/2008, 03:58 PM
:les:THEY'RE ENERGIZING THE BASE!!!!!!!!! DON'T YOU GET IT?!?!?!?!?!

All your base are belong to Palin.

Hamhock
9/5/2008, 04:15 PM
ron paul 2012

tommieharris91
9/5/2008, 04:25 PM
I have a policy of not moving north of the Mason-Dixon line.

Besides, if you believe the Obama campaign, Texas could be in play. ;)
Only if votes from Austin are counted 3 times. :eek:

tommieharris91
9/5/2008, 04:26 PM
ron paul 2012

I dunno, Palin and Jindal might just have something to say about that...

Mandibleclaw
9/5/2008, 04:41 PM
I guess we will never get to know the real Palin, she is being sequestered and withheld from reporters. To date all she has done is read a speech that was written 2 months ago and slightly changed because she was a woman. If the conservative base is pinning their future on this woman, I guess I underestimated the desperation of your movement.

Okla-homey
9/5/2008, 05:03 PM
I'm voting for McCain. I really can't stand the guy's politics, and I think he'll be horrible for the conservative movement. Having said that, Palin is clearly the future of conservatism and a fine example of a state Republican who has not been contaminated with the "corruption of principle" that has plagued the GOP on the national level since 1998.

My refusal to vote for McCain has been based on the idea that a GOP loss would give the Republican Party a time-out or "breather" to reassess why it has lost the confidence of its base and the American people. I have assumed that it would give grassroots level/limited-government conservatives a chance to take charge of the movement and the party in such a way that it would diminish the party bosses and neocons that have taken control on the national level.

Having said all of that, Palin is precisely the kind of conservative that should be rewarded. I fear that her electoral failure could be as detrimental to conservatism as I once thought McCain's success would be. This puts me into an awkward situation, and it's definitely an iffy-prospect in my mind. Nonetheless, at the moment, I think the greater good for conservatism can now be served by having Gov. Palin in the #2 seat.

I'm going to cheerfully vote for Palin and hold my nose when I vote for her less than stellar running mate.

Congratulations. Welcome back to the Party of Lincoln! Now, if we can just Get Mike Rich to throw in for his Favorite Daughter and Great American, Governor Sarah Heath Palin of the Great State of Alaska we'll be all set.

And I'm telling ya, that woman will be elected POTUS in 2012, 16 at the latest.

StoopTroup
9/5/2008, 05:07 PM
I really thought he was gonna go with Obama Homey. :rolleyes:

Wow...lol :pop:

Flagstaffsooner
9/5/2008, 05:10 PM
The trickle before the flood...How the hell did Sicem get the clap?;)

JohnnyMack
9/5/2008, 05:40 PM
I thought he'd write in Pat Buchanan.

SicEmBaylor
9/5/2008, 05:42 PM
I thought he'd write in Pat Buchanan.

Don't tempt me.

Scott D
9/5/2008, 05:49 PM
way to stand up for your ideals..*****.

Jimminy Crimson
9/5/2008, 05:49 PM
Welcome back, SicEm!

You gonna slap one of these puppies on the Miata?

http://www.mccainstore.com/images/M600-1014.jpg

JohnnyMack
9/5/2008, 05:55 PM
Don't tempt me.

cause that's what this place needs, more bigots in powerful places.

SicEmBaylor
9/5/2008, 06:21 PM
cause that's what this place needs, more patriots in powerful places.

Fixed.

King Crimson
9/5/2008, 06:26 PM
i disagree about Palin. i don't think she's all that.

i actually expected more. i could be wrong, but i wasn't all that impressed with the speech.

i think it's all hype.

Okla-homey
9/5/2008, 06:31 PM
i disagree about Palin. i don't think she's all that.

i actually expected more. i could be wrong, but i wasn't all that impressed with the speech.

i think it's all hype.

That's precisely what the left said about Ronaldus Maximus. You know, a washed up "B" actor who thinks he can be president? Guy who played the straight man to a chimp in the Bonzo movies? guffaw.
:D

She's got "it" my friend.

King Crimson
9/5/2008, 06:36 PM
That's precisely what the left said about Ronaldus Maximus. You know, a washed up "B" actor who thinks he can be president? Guy who played the straight man to a chimp in the Bonzo movies? guffaw.
:D

She's got "it" my friend.

i'm not a big believer in "it" these days. and, frankly, when it's outside your immediate partisan preview....neither are you.

we'll see.

Scott D
9/5/2008, 06:39 PM
i'm not a big believer in "it" these days. and, frankly, when it's outside your immediate small minded perview....neither are you.

we'll see.

fixed

King Crimson
9/5/2008, 06:43 PM
the praise for Palin sure seems a lot like the criticism of Obama merely reversed and run through the spin "double standard", to me.

homegirl was on TV for 30 minutes and she's already winning the '12 election and akin to "Ronaldus Maximus". who's the media creation? oh wait, it's substance where Obama is "empty words"....forgive me for being cynical.

Okla-homey
9/5/2008, 06:48 PM
i'm not a big believer in "it" these days. and, frankly, when it's outside your immediate partisan preview....neither are you.

we'll see.

Oh, that's where you're wrong. "It" is everything when it comes to beginning and leading a movement to change a nation. Notable "it" havers: Napolean, Lincoln, Lenin, Stalin, Hitler, Churchill, FDR, Mao, Ho Chi Minh, Gorbachev, Walesa, Reagan, Thatcher. It is a gift that can be used for good or ill. Unfortunately, all too often for ill. Somehow, I don't think SHP is planning any putsch's or international conquests. I think she'll settle for nailing down the lid on Obamism, and continuing RR's unfinished business.

King Crimson
9/5/2008, 06:53 PM
Oh, that's where you're wrong. "It" is everything when it comes to beginning and leading a movement to change a nation. Notable "it" havers: Napolean, Lincoln, Lenin, Stalin, Hitler, Churchill, FDR, Mao, Ho Chi Minh, Gorbachev, Walesa, Reagan, Thatcher. It is a gift that can be used for good or ill. Unfortunately, all too often for ill. Somehow, I don't think SHP is planning any putsch's or international conquests. I think she'll settle for nailing down the lid on Obamism, and continuing RR's unfinished business.

i'm not seeing that much "it" from 30 minutes of a prepared speech....and i frankly didn't see the "it". i saw a lot of easy phrases and snarky, predictable remarks. not "it".

but, i also don't share your veneration for Reagan. i don't think the 80's were some watershed of "great americanism". you can cite the end of the Cold War but i still don't think the 80's were the apotheosis of great america...in fact, somewhat the opposite.

Okla-homey
9/5/2008, 06:58 PM
i'm not seeing that much "it" from 30 minutes of a prepared speech....and i frankly didn't see the "it". i saw a lot of easy phrases and snarky, predictable remarks. not "it".

but, i also don't share your veneration for Reagan. i don't think the 80's were some watershed of "great americanism". you can cite the end of the Cold War but i still don't think the 80's were the apotheosis of great america...in fact, somewhat the opposite.

Opinions vary. The 80's were the decade of my twenties. I remember the hole we were in as a nation after the feckless JEC and the nightmare that was the second RMN administration. I also remember America emerging into the sunlight under RR's inspired leadership. His record remains the post-modern gold standard.

King Crimson
9/5/2008, 06:59 PM
note to Veritas: the "purview"/"preview" is an edit/"ftfy" from my original post from another poster. i didn't use either word.

edit: i'm wrong here. Veritas is right. i meant purview and mistyped preview.

my bad.

King Crimson
9/5/2008, 08:51 PM
Scott D, i was wrong. i typed preview when i meant purview. i was wrong to push it off on ya.

SicEmBaylor
9/5/2008, 08:53 PM
I like "it."

JohnnyMack
9/5/2008, 09:38 PM

I think the ardent fervor you continue to display towards this person makes you quite possibly the biggest hypocrite on this board. I know a lot of it is your schtick, but can you please at least tone down your masturbatory fantasies you're openly having for this woman? Your continued inability to give BHO one tiny sliver of credit for where he is when contrasted against the ridiculous manner in which you've gone Chuck Bao in your pants over this politician is getting silly. I mean she's given one speech, prepared by a Bush speechwriter in which she told multiple lies (or at the very least, half-truths) and has been more tightly reined in by the RNCs handlers than any candidate possibly ever. She has given zero interviews and has none scheduled. How long will the masses be fooled by this pick? How long until she has to stand on her own two feet and answer tough questions in situations that aren't hand crafted to make her look good?

GottaHavePride
9/5/2008, 09:40 PM
I was born about eight months before Reagan was elected. All I remember of the Reagan/Bush I era is "Hey! Look at the national debt skyrocket! Dude, my A's won the series! Take THAT, Royals fans!"

Rogue
9/5/2008, 09:53 PM
My jury is out on Palin. She may be great. She may be a pretty face that can deliver a few sarcastic comments to a friendly crowd and sexx it up a little with lines like "THAT'S THE KIND OF MAN I WANT for cic" and "WE'RE GONNA LAY MORE PIPEline..." The secks psychology is clearly winning over the SicEm's and Homeys of the world.

I figured SicEm would be a big Mr. Palin fan with their shared secessionist ideals and all. ;)

Rogue
9/5/2008, 09:58 PM
And, yeah, the '80s were weird. Nothing really trickled down, the debt shot up, and lots of people still found themselves better off but dissatisfied with the economy and elected Bill C afterward. IMO, RR began this stark division between libs and cons which is, to me, one of our biggest problems today. Most folks have moderate or somehow inconsistent lib/con ideals (me I'm a gun totin' pro-military liberal) that don't fit into either party's platform real tightly. So, we run to the ends of the spectrum and focus on the emotional issues. And pretend that when we vote, everyone from School Board Commissioner to Senator to POTUS will be better because they share our view about gay marriage, theology, or tax cuts for my tax bracket. I doubt many of them agree with me even when they say they do so I try to look for someone who will work on the issues they CAN and DO effect like the economy, healthcare, environment, national security, and how they will care of the poorest of my neighbors. But that's just me.

King Crimson
9/5/2008, 10:06 PM
And, yeah, the '80s were weird. Nothing really trickled down, the debt shot up, and lots of people still found themselves better off but dissatisfied with the economy and elected Bill C afterward. IMO, RR began this stark division between libs and cons which is, to me, one of our biggest problems today. Most folks have moderate or somehow inconsistent lib/con ideals (me I'm a gun totin' pro-military liberal) that don't fit into either party's platform real tightly. So, we run to the ends of the spectrum and focus on the emotional issues. And pretend that when we vote, everyone from School Board Commissioner to Senator to POTUS will be better because they share our view about gay marriage, theology, or tax cuts for my tax bracket. I doubt many of them agree with me even when they say they do so I try to look for someone who will work on the issues they CAN and DO effect like the economy, healthcare, environment, national security, and how they will care of the poorest of my neighbors. But that's just me.

i think this is a pretty good post.

Mandibleclaw
9/5/2008, 10:21 PM
I'll agree that some of the Obama worshipping is kind of sickening. Calling him names like the messiah and "the one" is amusing. But the way the right has just lost their minds over a unknown candidate SHP is every bit as sickening, you have become what you hated. Ironic isn't it. ;)

Harry Beanbag
9/6/2008, 01:08 AM
I'll agree that some of the Obama worshipping is kind of sickening. Calling him names like the messiah and "the one" is amusing. But the way the right has just lost their minds over a unknown candidate SHP is every bit as sickening, you have become what you hated. Ironic isn't it. ;)

No more ironic than the lefties flying off the handle about Ms. Palin. ;)

Politics is stupid, no?

Ike
9/6/2008, 01:23 AM

If she gets to Warshington, just give it time. 4 or 8 years will fully contaminate her with the "corruption of principle" of which you speak.

Just wait a while. You may think you are cynical now....You ain't seen nothing yet.

SicEmBaylor
9/6/2008, 01:50 AM
If she gets to Warshington, just give it time. 4 or 8 years will fully contaminate her with the "corruption of principle" of which you speak.

Just wait a while. You may think you are cynical now....You ain't seen nothing yet.

Oh, I totally agree. If she survives even 4 years with her political virtue intact then I'm ready to disband the Republic and declare her the first American sovereign. This will be a real test of what kind of person she is.

Okla-homey
9/6/2008, 06:24 AM
I think the ardent fervor you continue to display towards this person makes you quite possibly the biggest hypocrite on this board. I know a lot of it is your schtick, but can you please at least tone down your masturbatory fantasies you're openly having for this woman? Your continued inability to give BHO one tiny sliver of credit for where he is when contrasted against the ridiculous manner in which you've gone Chuck Bao in your pants over this politician is getting silly. I mean she's given one speech, prepared by a Bush speechwriter in which she told multiple lies (or at the very least, half-truths) and has been more tightly reined in by the RNCs handlers than any candidate possibly ever. She has given zero interviews and has none scheduled. How long will the masses be fooled by this pick? How long until she has to stand on her own two feet and answer tough questions in situations that aren't hand crafted to make her look good?

Jayzus! The biggest hypocrit on this board? Now that's high praise right there. Look, if my long held refusal to annoint BHO as the Second Coming and my view he is a dangerous Pollyanna who seeks to transform America into the Big Rock Candy Mountain and the fact I am excited that his opposition has apparently found kryptonite in the form of a bright conservative woman to deflate him makes me a hypocrit, then so be it. I lived through the Carter Administration. I don't want to see our nation go through that again. Sarah Palin is the wildly popularly elected governor of the state with the second highest GDP in the Union. She's no lightweight and will hold her own.

And one more thing. This new American love affair for the JSM/SHP ticket only has to last for about 60 days. After that, the nation will have been saved from Obamism. Besides, she's going to debate Biden. I suspect that will be the most heavily watched debate of the campaign. As far as interviews go, I'm sure she'll do some. During those interviews, she'll be asked snarky questions crafted to make her seem foolish. But you know what? Those questions will have the opposite effect on the folks than the interviewer intends because a lot of us are sick to death of the mainstream media's lack of objectivity and thinly veiled attempts to help BHO despite his shady past and the fact he is "all hat and no cattle."

After this is over on 11/4, perhaps BHO can go back to the Senate and actually do something besides run for the presidency. Or not. I say back to the Senate, because I don't think he could be elected governor of Illinois, and the Chicago machine sure won't allow their boy Daley II to be unseated by the likes of Mr. Hope N. Change. You know, that whole "prophet unrespected in his own land" dealio. Maybe BHO can run for president of France or German chancellor since they seem to be so enamored of him.

Mandibleclaw
9/6/2008, 08:32 AM
So far she has delivered a snarky speech with her folksy draw, the left is not intimated or fearful.........most are just leaning back in amazement. Some have reckoned this to be the dying breath of a great beast, the conservative movement.

Okla-homey
9/6/2008, 08:34 AM
So far she has delivered a snarky speech with her folksy draw, the left is not intimated or fearful.........most are just leaning back in amazement. Some have reckoned this to be the dying breath of a great beast, the conservative movement.

Eggsellent! That is precisely the reaction from the useful idiots the Dark Lords sought. bwahhahahahaha.;)

Turd_Ferguson
9/6/2008, 08:40 AM
So far she has delivered a snarky speech with her folksy draw, the left is not intimated or fearful.........most are just leaning back in amazement. Some have reckoned this to be the dying breath of a great beast, the conservative movement.Thanks for confirming my thoughts about you lefty's.:rolleyes:

Mandibleclaw
9/6/2008, 08:55 AM
I guess republican strategists Mike Murphy and Peggy Noonan are lefties too eh? When the cameras off and they have their little private chat, we see all this Palin mania is a facade.

CrG8w4bb3kg

JohnnyMack
9/6/2008, 09:12 AM
Jayzus! The biggest hypocrit on this board? Now that's high praise right there. Look, if my long held refusal to annoint BHO as the Second Coming and my view he is a dangerous Pollyanna who seeks to transform America into the Big Rock Candy Mountain and the fact I am excited that his opposition has apparently found kryptonite in the form of a bright conservative woman to deflate him makes me a hypocrit, then so be it. I lived through the Carter Administration. I don't want to see our nation go through that again. Sarah Palin is the wildly popularly elected governor of the state with the second highest GDP in the Union. She's no lightweight and will hold her own.

And one more thing. This new American love affair for the JSM/SHP ticket only has to last for about 60 days. After that, the nation will have been saved from Obamism. Besides, she's going to debate Biden. I suspect that will be the most heavily watched debate of the campaign. As far as interviews go, I'm sure she'll do some. During those interviews, she'll be asked snarky questions crafted to make her seem foolish. But you know what? Those questions will have the opposite effect on the folks than the interviewer intends because a lot of us are sick to death of the mainstream media's lack of objectivity and thinly veiled attempts to help BHO despite his shady past and the fact he is "all hat and no cattle."

After this is over on 11/4, perhaps BHO can go back to the Senate and actually do something besides run for the presidency. Or not. I say back to the Senate, because I don't think he could be elected governor of Illinois, and the Chicago machine sure won't allow their boy Daley II to be unseated by the likes of Mr. Hope N. Change. You know, that whole "prophet unrespected in his own land" dealio. Maybe BHO can run for president of France or German chancellor since they seem to be so enamored of him.

I'm not asking you praise BHO. I will point out that it's people like you and Tuba who throw around concepts like second coming and messiah, not Obama supporters. All I'm asking is that you either admit that what you're doing is no different that what people on the other side are doing OR that Obama has a quality about him that people (right or wrong) gravitate towards. Otherwise your credibility around here is about to go supernova.

Harry Beanbag
9/6/2008, 09:16 AM
I'm not asking you praise BHO. I will point out that it's people like you and Tuba who throw around concepts like second coming and messiah, not Obama supporters. All I'm asking is that you either admit that what you're doing is no different that what people on the other side are doing OR that Obama has a quality about him that people (right or wrong) gravitate towards. Otherwise your credibility around here is about to go supernova.

Are you willing to do the same?

Veritas
9/6/2008, 09:18 AM
...Obama has a quality about him that people (right or wrong) gravitate towards...
I don't see how anyone could deny this statement. Obama is charismatic as hell. The majority of the time he comes across as articulate, genuine and intelligent. If I were to go with my purely emotional response, I'd be an Obama guy. I really wish that he was a conservative.

JohnnyMack
9/6/2008, 09:41 AM
Are you willing to do the same?

Absolutely. I get her appeal. The republicans were desperate for a fresh face and she offers that.

Veritas
9/6/2008, 09:46 AM
Absolutely. I get her appeal. The republicans were desperate for a fresh face and she offers that.
Lol. Nice try Mack.

Scott D
9/6/2008, 09:46 AM
I would have gone with self-righteous small minded hypocrit myself. But JohnnyMack just doesn't know how to draw out insults.

Veritas
9/6/2008, 09:47 AM
I would have gone with "hypocrite" myself. ;)

Scott D
9/6/2008, 09:48 AM
that's because you bugeaters have a small vocabulary :)

King Crimson
9/6/2008, 10:00 AM
he knows "purview".:texan:

and by the way V, it's not "grammar" in that instance, it's diction.

heh. if you want to geek out.

JohnnyMack
9/6/2008, 10:01 AM
I would have gone with self-righteous small minded hypocrit myself. But JohnnyMack just doesn't know how to draw out insults.

Oh she's all that too, a perfect reflection of those who support her.

Scott D
9/6/2008, 10:02 AM

who said I was ever referring to Palin?

Harry Beanbag
9/6/2008, 10:27 AM

Did you hear that sound? It was your credibility around here going supernova. :)

JohnnyMack
9/6/2008, 10:47 AM
Not really. I also get why Osama Bin Laden is appealing to certain people.

Veritas
9/6/2008, 10:49 AM
Did you hear that sound? It was your credibility around here going supernova. :)
So you're saying Mack's credibility is a bright spot of light in an otherwise dark area of space? ;) :texan:

Turd_Ferguson
9/6/2008, 11:00 AM
Not really. I also get why Osama Bin Laden is appealing to certain people.I would think anyone could understand that nutjobs would appeal to him. Is he appealing to you?

JohnnyMack
9/6/2008, 11:03 AM
So you're saying Mack's credibility is a bright spot of light in an otherwise dark area of space? ;) :texan:

True dat.

JohnnyMack
9/6/2008, 11:07 AM
I would think anyone could understand that nutjobs would appeal to him. Is he appealing to you?

Oh yes. I find him fascinating and have in fact been to several meetings discussing the destruction of the west. Skandar Akbar!!!!!!!

Turd_Ferguson
9/6/2008, 11:10 AM
Oh yes. I find him fascinating and have in fact been to several meetings discussing the destruction of the west. Skandar Akbar!!!!!!!figgers.....you leftwing nutjob!!:D

Harry Beanbag
9/6/2008, 11:34 AM

Like a pinhead?

soonerscuba
9/6/2008, 12:21 PM
Uh, Reagan was a known entity in 1976, governed the most populous state in the union and had experience running a national campaign at the top of the ticket. Comparing Palin to Reagan is absurd.

mdklatt
9/6/2008, 07:32 PM
Palin is clearly the future of conservatism

Government (http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2008/09/palins-pork.html) pork (http://www.adn.com/sarahpalin/story/511471.html), windfall taxes on "Big Oil" (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008103325_alaskatax07.html), and scientific (http://dwb.adn.com/news/politics/elections/story/8347904p-8243554c.html) ignorance (http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/sarah_palin_vp/2008/08/29/126139.html)--the future of conservatism? With the exception of not bending over for Big Oil, that sounds a lot like the current state of conservatism to me.

You had it right the first time. The Republican Party needs an enema, with Turd Blossom leading the way south. It's looking more and more that this will be the first time ever I will vote straight ticket dem, and **** the pubz for making it come to that. The pubz never considered that as they kept pulling that pendulum farther and farther to the right that it would inevitably swing just as far back to the left.

Curly Bill
9/6/2008, 07:38 PM

...and I thought there was some possibility that when some on here tabbed you as soonersn20xx they were wrong.

Turd_Ferguson
9/6/2008, 07:40 PM
...and I thought there was some possibility that when some on here tabbed you as soonersn20xx they were wrong.I thought soonersn20xx was a ****er:confused: Oh, wait...nevermind.

BigRedJed
9/6/2008, 08:11 PM
...and I thought there was some possibility that when some on here tabbed you as soonersn20xx they were wrong.
No, they weren't. Mandibleclaw and soonersn20xx are the same poster. He started out, as far as I can remember, as soonersn2007. His other trolls are wrinklyolddude, BoboHead, DrunkVegan, 100thMonkey and maybe others that don't come to mind immediately. Thought I'd save you guys the trouble of having to figure it out.

Carry on.

Turd_Ferguson
9/6/2008, 08:13 PM
No, they weren't. Mandibleclaw and soonersn20xx are the same poster. He started out, as far as I can remember, as soonersn2007. His other trolls are wrinklyolddude, BoboHead, DrunkVegan, 100thMonkey and maybe others that don't come to mind immediately. Thought I'd save you guys the trouble of having to figure it out.

Carry on.Youdaman!!!:hot:

Curly Bill
9/6/2008, 08:13 PM

Carry on.

I was willing to concede the possibility early on that it wasn't the one and the same...but after this thread I knew, and now you've confirmed for sure.

Thanks for that. :)

Mandibleclaw
9/6/2008, 08:14 PM

....ummmm ok.

Curly Bill
9/6/2008, 08:15 PM
....ummmm ok.

Might want to check Jed's post above.

47straight
9/6/2008, 08:17 PM
Uh, Reagan was a known entity in 1976, governed the most populous state in the union and had experience running a national campaign at the top of the ticket. Comparing Palin to Reagan is absurd.

Running a campaign is not relevant experience. I know it's one of the three legs of the stool your candidate sits on, but I'm tired of hearing about it.

mdklatt
9/6/2008, 08:18 PM
Did you ever wonder if we're all just trolls of some advanced being?

Turd_Ferguson
9/6/2008, 08:20 PM
Did you ever wonder if soonersn20xx was my troll?Sho nuff did:D

47straight
9/6/2008, 08:21 PM
Government (http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2008/09/palins-pork.html) pork (http://www.adn.com/sarahpalin/story/511471.html), windfall taxes on "Big Oil" (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008103325_alaskatax07.html), and scientific (http://dwb.adn.com/news/politics/elections/story/8347904p-8243554c.html) ignorance (http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/sarah_palin_vp/2008/08/29/126139.html)--the future of conservatism? With the exception of not bending over for Big Oil, that sounds a lot like the current state of conservatism to me.

You had it right the first time. The Republican Party needs an enema, with Turd Blossom leading the way south. It's looking more and more that this will be the first time ever I will vote straight ticket dem, and **** the pubz for making it come to that. The pubz never considered that as they kept pulling that pendulum farther and farther to the right that it would inevitably swing just as far back to the left.

So you're just some regular objective independent who's just so disappointed with republicans not being real conservatives that you're just gonna vote straight democrat to teach the republicans a lesson?

mdklatt
9/6/2008, 08:23 PM
So you're just some regular objective independent who's just so disappointed with republicans not being real conservatives that you're just gonna vote straight democrat to teach the republicans a lesson?

Close enough.

Scott D
9/6/2008, 09:14 PM

an intelligent person would seriously consider voting "non incumbent" across the board.

47straight
9/6/2008, 10:48 PM
Close enough.

Well, you sound more like a paid DailyKos canvasser.

47straight
9/6/2008, 10:49 PM
an intelligent person would seriously consider voting "non incumbent" across the board.

A fine idea never practiced enough.

Scott D
9/6/2008, 10:53 PM
A fine idea never practiced enough.

I tend to practice it every two years, obviously I know more about how to enact change than any political candidate.

soonerscuba
9/7/2008, 05:11 PM
Running a campaign is not relevant experience. I know it's one of the three legs of the stool your candidate sits on, but I'm tired of hearing about it.
I'm not equating running a campaign as experience, just pointed out that Reagan had established himself as a know entity before his campaign in 1980.

If it happens that McCain loses this one, and Sarah jumps to the top of the ticket and carries and ungodly amount of states in 2012, then I would understand the Reagan comparison.

mdklatt
9/7/2008, 05:36 PM
Well, you sound more like a paid DailyKos canvasser.

Because I think the current incarnation of the Republican Party sucks donkey balls? I'm not exactly far out in left field with that assessment. It's only the right wingers that think the GOP is on the right track.

Rogue
9/26/2008, 08:28 PM
OK, this is kinda creepy:

iwkb9_zB2Pg