PDA

View Full Version : Dayum,Joe Pa

stoopified
9/5/2008, 02:30 PM
I know that Joe Pa and PSU had been having some player behavior issues in the last few years BUT I can't believe the numbers I just heard.I was watching First Take on ESPN and Sip Bayless and crew were discussing the Joe Pa and PSU situation.What caught my attention was the statement that since 2000 there have been 46 PSU players who have faced 163 criminal charges.I was thinking WTF,I douldn't have heard that right BUT it was repeated multiple times.Apparently a half dozen rogue players at OU was enough to get Switzer slammed nationally BUT Papa Joe keeps rolling on in spite of these OUTRAGEOUS numbers,46 players-163 charges.

Seamus
9/5/2008, 02:43 PM
Well, Joe Pa didn't leave college football to the Barry Switzers and Jackie Sherrills of the world ...

Joe Pa is a big blue vein.

yermom
9/5/2008, 02:47 PM
what constitutes a "criminal charge"?

JLEW1818
9/5/2008, 02:49 PM
I know that Joe Pa and PSU had been having some player behavior issues in the last few years BUT I can't believe the numbers I just heard.I was watching First Take on ESPN and Sip Bayless and crew were discussing the Joe Pa and PSU situation.What caught my attention was the statement that since 2000 there have been 46 PSU players who have faced 163 criminal charges.I was thinking WTF,I douldn't have heard that right BUT it was repeated multiple times.Apparently a half dozen rogue players at OU was enough to get Switzer slammed nationally BUT Papa Joe keeps rolling on in spite of these OUTRAGEOUS numbers,46 players-163 charges.

The dude is so old, he doesn't know what goes on off the field. haaha

stoopified
9/5/2008, 02:50 PM
what constitutes a "criminal charge"?SAcharge brought in criminal court? I dunno, ask a lawyer,all I know is what was said on the show.IMHO it is anything you could go to jail or prison for.

KantoSooner
9/5/2008, 03:38 PM
by process of elimination:

Not a civil matter. (ie, something you'd sue for money damages or a restraining order or something like that)

more directly:

a violation of the Criminal Code of the State of Pennsylvania, which might earn you jail time, or a fine, or a suspended sentence, etc.

PeoriaSooner
9/5/2008, 03:47 PM
Well, Joe Pa didn't leave college football to the Barry Switzers and Jackie Sherrills of the world ...

Joe Pa is a big blue vein.

I'm just glad we kicked his wrinkled *** out of Miami all the way back to State College when the opportunity arose.

stoopified
9/5/2008, 03:47 PM
by process of elimination:

Not a civil matter. (ie, something you'd sue for money damages or a restraining order or something like that)

more directly:

a violation of the Criminal Code of the State of Pennsylvania, which might earn you jail time, or a fine, or a suspended sentence, etc.Thanks for the clarification.My law degree is from Crackerjack U. so I am limited in my scope of legal knowledge.

yermom
9/5/2008, 03:54 PM
SAcharge brought in criminal court? I dunno, ask a lawyer,all I know is what was said on the show.IMHO it is anything you could go to jail or prison for.

see, that may be your opinion, but what is the opinion of the one doing the counting?

if speeding is a "criminal charge" then those numbers aren't that bad

i'm sure we wouldn't like the numbers for OU if that was the case

stoopified
9/5/2008, 04:08 PM
see, that may be your opinion, but what is the opinion of the one doing the counting?

if speeding is a "criminal charge" then those numbers aren't that bad

i'm sure we wouldn't like the numbers for OU if that was the caseTo my knowledge speeding is not acriminal act but a traffic offense(exept when drunk or evading an officer or other special circumstances).As I stated before I do not know what the nature of of these CRIMINAL CHARGES referred to are but they did NOT say criminal and traffic offenses .Again I am not qualified to give a legal opinion merely my own opinion.Ask a lawyer.I do know that I personally have had 2 speeding tickets in 25 years of driving and according to NCIC I have NO criminal history.

r5TPsooner
9/5/2008, 04:39 PM
He's the Bob Barry of college football.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/5/2008, 04:43 PM
Well, he is busy hanging referees in effigy and stuff. I'm thinking like my parents, he is getting cranky and mean in his old age.

Mandibleclaw
9/5/2008, 04:44 PM
I think this is more of an indictment of the degradation of the youth in America.

The Maestro
9/5/2008, 04:45 PM
I'm just glad we kicked his wrinkled *** out of Miami all the way back to State College when the opportunity arose.

Go read "Bootlegger's Boy"...you might think differently of JoePa. He had B-Switz's back.

SoonerProphet
9/5/2008, 04:54 PM
You know one of my old division heads was a ball player for Joe and a coach on his staff way back in the day. Dr. O is a die hard PSU alum, a quality man, and never had a concern higher than than well being of his students and players. He is now a headmaster at a school in Virginia and as far as my opinion goes, both he and Joe Pa are outstanding examples of what young men should strive to be.