PDA

View Full Version : Her: "Bear!" Him: "Cat!" Together: "BEARCAT!": OU v. Cincinatti Official Thread

soonerboy_odanorth
9/4/2008, 11:49 PM
Oh what unholiness is to visit us on Owen field now....

Like Dr. Venkman.... "Dogs and cats, together!" describing the horror of the underworld takeover of our fair planet.

Have no doubt among you, the Cincinatti (loosely translated from the ancient Armenian Latin strain as "the horror of sins (CIN) done by Natty (NATTI) from down below) Bearcats do indeed bring a strange breed to our wholesome Native Territory.

What is a "BEARCAT"? At first I thought... this merely was a difference of opinion in the student union. When asked by the student president what should be their mascot... a hearty band, indeed, shouted, "BEAR!" But then, with hissing gusto... a group of turn-o-the-century suffragettes screeched, "CATS!"..... and so back and forth... BEAR.... CATS.....BEAR.....CATS.... BEAR.... CATS..... until a clearly exhausted and tight *hic* student *hic* body *hic* president mumbled.... "mmmmm kaaayy... wul be BEARCTzzzasazzzzzzz"

But that's not right. That's just making fun.

Really, they went out in a field, invoked Satan, and invented an invicible creature. Yes, one even greater than even the Liger.

How else could they bring 9 returning starters on defense to OUr beloved land.

How else could they so distract us.... even... MAUK us with the subterfuge of an evil NCAA crackdown on non-communist athletes with injuries.....But they do.

All amidst us bringing into the game a stressed and banged up D.... and close to static O. Really... did you see how lamely our line played. If our backs got 5 yards a carry they got 6. C'mon.... we HALF to perform better. And our fancy new no-huddle.... whoopeee.... Roll right, roll left, dump to the Out. Occasionally throw aross body to the Drag.

We are in trouble now. Look it up... what they got... what we got. I have no confidence in our third team. Do you... REALLY? No depth means big trouble, brother. Especially with the slop from the second string. Don't get me started on the first string errors.... I did chalk up a couple of those.

So we have a superior D and a very sneaky O to expect in Norman this weekend.

The game will progress with a lot of punts...them putting us really deep with their All-American punter. We'll struggle out, to miss 2 out of 5 field goal opportunities, wasting precious opportunity, while we do manage to hold them to one TD on an inopportune interception for a TD late in the half.

We continue to slog through a second half, and manage late, after two Cinci field goals pull them up by 4 to pull a last minute TD. Somehow, our D holds late.

OU - 16
Cinci - 13

Your take? C'mon and break it down now. Don't just throw out some guesstimation.

boomersooner28
9/5/2008, 12:10 AM
If we only score 16 points, I will kill myself.

OU - 38

Cincy - 13

Close for a while, then we wear them down.

douxpaysan
9/5/2008, 12:11 AM
http://www.bipolar-video.com/BearcatChris1.JPGFear the Bearcat

JLEW1818
9/5/2008, 12:13 AM
I think that is a retarded pick. We will Score 30 +, if we score 16 you cant cut my left nut off, if we score 30 or more I'll cut yours off. deal, or no deal?

douxpaysan
9/5/2008, 12:24 AM
http://adagiago.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/bearcat_1.jpg

soonerboy_odanorth
9/5/2008, 12:45 AM
I think that is a retarded pick. We will Score 30 +, if we score 16 you cant cut my left nut off, if we score 30 or more I'll cut yours off. deal, or no deal?

I really have hopes you don't mean that so dis ro spectful. I mean really, you have to have your score.... where's mine? No really... give me a breakdown, fella....

batonrougesooner
9/5/2008, 12:52 AM
I agree. We will be lucky to score 16.

I hope they go easy on us.

John Kochtoston
9/5/2008, 01:01 AM
If we only score 16 points, I will kill myself.

OU - 38

Cincy - 13

Close for a while, then we wear them down.

I think this is the more realistic look on the game. Cincy has plenty of talent, and may be the best non-con game we have. But, we're just better. And we're at home. Upsets do happen, and it could happen here. But, a loss would be an upset. A big one.

Oh, and to this...

Really... did you see how lamely our line played. If our backs got 5 yards a carry they got 6. C'mon.... we HALF to perform better. And our fancy new no-huddle.... whoopeee.... Roll right, roll left, dump to the Out. Occasionally throw aross body to the Drag.

We are in trouble now. Look it up... what they got... what we got. I have no confidence in our third team. Do you... REALLY? No depth means big trouble, brother. Especially with the slop from the second string. Don't get me started on the first string errors.... I did chalk up a couple of those.

So we have a superior D and a very sneaky O to expect in Norman this weekend.

The game will progress with a lot of punts...them putting us really deep with their All-American punter. We'll struggle out, to miss 2 out of 5 field goal opportunities, wasting precious opportunity, while we do manage to hold them to one TD on an inopportune interception for a TD late in the half.

We continue to slog through a second half, and manage late, after two Cinci field goals pull them up by 4 to pull a last minute TD. Somehow, our D holds late.

OU - 16
Cinci - 13

Your take? C'mon and break it down now. Don't just throw out some guesstimation.

I can't tell if this is a serious prediction, or an LSD-inspired channelling of Jimmy the Greek. But, Sam Bradford was able to get through his chemistry homework and half of his calculus before he had to start going through his progressions. And, our running game took a huge step up in the second quarter. And that was an uninspired performance against an overmatched opponent. I'm not really worried much about the line.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/5/2008, 08:51 AM
take it easy on him fellas...SO has a tendency to post "a little under the weather."

sooneron
9/5/2008, 08:55 AM
I am so nervous about this one.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/5/2008, 09:02 AM
why are replies mentioning a title?