PDA

View Full Version : Forum Suggestion

StoopTroup
9/4/2008, 05:14 PM
I notice we now have a couple of Forums that really don't do anything or help Posters or Subscribers.

My thought is to maybe make a DIY Forum where folks who are having trouble with a Computer / Car / Motorcycle / PS3 / IPOD...etc...

Could go for help or advice. We at SoonerFans are blessed with lots of very smart folks who help each other and also are good at generating ways to maybe even head a poster in the right direction even if they don't know a good answer.

I know the SO has handled this stuff in the past but responses sometimes are limited or lost in the clutter.

What say you Phil / Dean / BRJ....is it even possible to do or try?

Also...I made this a poll for everybody else as a way to say yes or no or if you want...write in your idea.

Just a thought.

ST

Curly Bill
9/4/2008, 05:41 PM
If it could take the place of the blender count me in.

r5TPsooner
9/4/2008, 06:28 PM
If it could take the place of the blender count me in.

werd

olevetonahill
9/4/2008, 06:43 PM
I voted Yes , But Id rather see a Politics forum.:D
The thing about Keepin it In the SO is I think More folks see the Questions and Benifit also .

Curly Bill
9/4/2008, 06:45 PM
The thing about Keepin it In the SO is I think More folks see the Questions and Benifit also .

Yup, I like the politics being left on the SO. Those that bitch and whine about the political threads can just not click on them.

frankensooner
9/5/2008, 10:43 AM
I know most of us regret it when we do (click on them)

StoopTroup
9/7/2008, 12:42 PM

I can agree on that too.

Also I don't necessarily want to become a "Mother Teresa" like you going around saving the World one drop of juice at a time. ;) :D

Just thought is might serve as a place where tongue in cheek stuff might be taken out and moderated back to the SO.

The same thing could be said for the Political threads.

Then if you get all huffy...you won't standout so much and if the Mods need to shut something down they can with one warning.

I'd like to see the SO continue to be a place that has it's own life...where folks can get away from the more serious stuff.

Maybe even Dolemite would start posting again.

We saw each other at the Tailgate yesterday. He says he's retired.

As they say...you can never repeat a first...and Doleo is definitely a first.

Hope he changes his mind.

ST

dolemitesooner
9/8/2008, 11:23 AM
Do you really want me back that bad? I came back for the boobies thread but this one made me all tearry EYED.

olevetonahill
9/8/2008, 11:40 AM
Do you really want me back that bad? I came back for the boobies thread but this one made me all tearry EYED.

And here I thot it was the OVJ that did that to ya.:D