PDA

View Full Version : My buddy OlVet is a really good d00d...

Okla-homey
9/4/2008, 03:30 PM
He won't toot his horn, but I'll toot it for him.

His weenie dog, who some cretin had abandoned near OlVet's shack out in the wilds of Wister, is hurting.

It seems she had been injured, possibly run-over, and the dooshmissile who then owned her decided it was easier to "take her for a ride in the country" than have her treated.

When OlVet discovered her wandering around wondering why her little life had been turned upside down, he of course took her in and made her into a lap-weenie.

OlVet decided the little thing needed a look see by a vet. He took her in Tuesday and surgery is indicated, which OlVet, who, like many disabled vets lives on a fixed income, decided he was down for it and told the vet to schedule the surgery.

That's the kinda man he is. I'm proud to know him.

olevetonahill
9/4/2008, 03:38 PM
He won't toot his horn, but I'll toot it for him.

His weenie dog, who some cretin had abandoned near OlVet's shack out in the wilds of Wister, is hurting.

It seems she had been injured, possibly run-over, and the dooshmissile who then owned her decided it was easier to "take her for a ride in the country" than have her treated.

When OlVet discovered her wandering around wondering why her little life had been turned upside down, he of course took her in and made her into a lap-weenie.

OlVet decided the little thing needed a look see by a vet. He took her in Tuesday and surgery is indicated, which OlVet, who, like many disabled vets lives on a fixed income, decided he was down for it and told the vet to schedule the surgery.

That's the kinda man he is. I'm proud to know him.

And Im gonna Vote M an P :D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/4/2008, 03:52 PM
Nastia will be contacting you tonight, OV, to accept your offer as funnin' mate. Hang near the phone.

sooneron
9/4/2008, 03:57 PM
Well done, vet!

olevetonahill
9/4/2008, 04:23 PM
Yall remember the other Nite when I was trying to Find a Home remedy for her ear Infection ?
Well she aint got an Ear Infection seems that when she was runed over Or whatever Happened to her It Messed up her Right Ear . She has a Very small Pin hole fer an Ear canal . So Doc said about a 70 % chance shes gonna Need the surgery On that ear .
I got some antibiotics to massage in it , But He dont think it work , But he said its worth a try before Cuttin Her .
Every Critter I have Is a stray

NormanPride
9/4/2008, 04:28 PM
You're a good man, ov. But we all knew that. :)

OUHOMER
9/4/2008, 05:08 PM
Ssshhh, Dont let Dean know about this.

SoonerJack
9/4/2008, 06:28 PM
OV, you're like my sister. Any animal that wanders up to her house gets fed and taken care of. That even includes the raccoons!

I've got a couple of weiner dogs myself, so I especially appreciate your kindness to the breed.

olevetonahill
9/4/2008, 06:35 PM
OV, you're like my sister. Any animal that wanders up to her house gets fed and taken care of. That even includes the raccoons!

I've got a couple of weiner dogs myself, so I especially appreciate your kindness to the breed.

Ive Had to Put some down, Dont Like it . Its usually because By the time I get to em they are In such bad shape Its a Kindness to Put em Down.
Actually I didnt Take her In she Just came in :D
Short storey Long here
I had More dootrs Open in the spring, about 8:30 that nite I closed em cause of the Bugs:mad:
I sat in here on My puter Playin Poker and stuff till about 4:30 AM decided I was Hungry so I go to the Kitchen and there she sat . Like Hey I like It here But ya gonna feed Me ?
She had been In my shack for 8 hrs at least.:D
Best I can figure she Came In the door Saw My bed Jumped up and Crawled under the Covers :D
So I cooked her a piece Of chicken and Got her food the Next day.

Curly Bill
9/4/2008, 06:38 PM
SPEK to those that takes care of stranded critters. :)

Echoes
9/4/2008, 09:26 PM
Spek to you Vet for sure. Stand up thing to do. No matter how are views or anything like that differ, it's pretty easy to recognize a good dude when you see him.

Mandibleclaw
9/4/2008, 09:30 PM
I am the same way, my 3 pets were also abandoned by some a-holes.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/4/2008, 09:37 PM
prayers that the antibiotics works...

raised in the country, i know what its like to take care of drop offs....from the blind dalmation to the poodle with cancer to the pregnant cat, I never purchased an animal as there was always a "friendly" person to drop off their animal in my front yard

SoonerBorn68
9/4/2008, 09:45 PM
Olvet, Soonerjack just called you a girl!

olevetonahill
9/4/2008, 09:46 PM
prayers that the antibiotics works...

raised in the country, i know what its like to take care of drop offs....from the blind dalmation to the poodle with cancer to the pregnant cat, I never purchased an animal as there was always a "friendly" person to drop off their animal in my front yard

Ive said It before Id Love to catch the Puppy Dumpers :mad:
Id ground em up and use em fer Feed till I could Find a Home fer the Critters.

olevetonahill
9/4/2008, 09:47 PM

I thot he said Id Like His sister :eek:
I was waitin On Pics :hot:

VeeJay
9/4/2008, 09:49 PM
Good on ya Vet. I kinda figured you had a heart of gold to begin with.

Most old codjures I know who served in 'Nam and came back here and succeeded are pretty much cut from the same cloth.

Kudos to you, Old Timer!

I use "codjure" and "Old Timer" as terms of endearment and out of respect, of course. But OV knows that. :)

SoonerJack
9/5/2008, 08:08 AM

Nooooo SB68

I said he was "like" my sister. She has a very big heart and is kind to animals and folks that need helping.
;)

Taxman71
9/5/2008, 10:30 AM
he of course took her in and made her into a lap-weenie.

This had so much potential........