PDA

View Full Version : I killed my iPod

soonerbrat
9/4/2008, 11:19 AM
last week. i've been borrowing one but it only has 2000 songs on it and I feel kinda lost.

Boomer.....
9/4/2008, 11:23 AM
Cause 2000 songs just isn't enough for one sitting.

bri
9/4/2008, 11:24 AM
Huh. "iPod" isn't the handheld device I would have thought you'd wear out first. ;)

Jerk
9/4/2008, 11:24 AM
That's a lot of f'ng music.

8timechamps
9/4/2008, 11:25 AM
Cause 2000 songs just isn't enough for one sitting.

If I don't have at least 1,000,000 songs, I don't bother putting on the head phones.

soonerbrat
9/4/2008, 11:26 AM
Huh. "iPod" isn't the handheld device I would have thought you'd wear out first. ;)

i didn't say it was first, i just didn't mention the other thing

bri
9/4/2008, 11:27 AM
i didn't say it was first, i just didn't mention the other thing

Epic heh.

soonerbrat
9/4/2008, 11:31 AM
OK, i have a complaint though..i tried to put some of my stuff on this borrowed iPod and it says you can only put music from one computer on it now..WTF? I was able to copy music from a bunch of different computers onto my old iPod. that just sucks

bri
9/4/2008, 11:32 AM
The computer hippies are keeping us down! :mad:

Veritas
9/4/2008, 11:42 AM
OK, i have a complaint though..i tried to put some of my stuff on this borrowed iPod and it says you can only put music from one computer on it now..WTF? I was able to copy music from a bunch of different computers onto my old iPod. that just sucks
Set the options in iTunes to "Manual Sync" on the screen that pops up when you plug in the iPod. Then drag and drop music from wherever to the left side of the screen under "iPod"

soonerbrat
9/4/2008, 12:25 PM
Set the options in iTunes to "Manual Sync" on the screen that pops up when you plug in the iPod. Then drag and drop music from wherever to the left side of the screen under "iPod"

wouldn't do it. i had it on manual and when i tried to drag music, it gave me the NO symbol (circle with diagonal line)

said "this iPod can only be synced with one computer"

it gave me the option to erase it and sync it to mine or copy all that stuff to my computer and sync it. I've had many iPods and never seen that before.

Sooner_Bob
9/4/2008, 01:11 PM
Can you sync using another program? Something like Media Monkey, WinAmp or Windows Media Player?

sooneron
9/4/2008, 01:20 PM
wouldn't do it. i had it on manual and when i tried to drag music, it gave me the NO symbol (circle with diagonal line)

said "this iPod can only be synced with one computer"

it gave me the option to erase it and sync it to mine or copy all that stuff to my computer and sync it. I've had many iPods and never seen that before.

that's prolly due to the way that the owner of said ipod has it set up.

soonerbrat
9/4/2008, 01:24 PM
that's prolly due to the way that the owner of said ipod has it set up.

he's not very computer savvy.

sooneron
9/4/2008, 01:25 PM
Why would you borrow anything form dOlEo anywho?

soonerbrat
9/4/2008, 01:31 PM
Why would you borrow anything form dOlEo anywho?

haha...i don't think doleo would loan me his iPod.

that's a very special favor kind of loaner thing.

8timechamps
9/4/2008, 01:32 PM
he's not very computer savvy.

Seriously? (and on a serious note) I have the same problem. We have three ipods in my household, and cannot move songs from other computers onto the iPods unless it's the computer we initially set the iPod up on.

I use iTunes (which is probably not the "cool" store), is that the problem?

sooneron
9/4/2008, 01:33 PM
haha...i don't think doleo would loan me his iPod.

that's a very special favor kind of loaner thing.

Well, maybe you loaned him your other handheld UL listed device as trade, you know, for him and yermom...

:pop:

soonerbrat
9/4/2008, 01:41 PM
Seriously? (and on a serious note) I have the same problem. We have three ipods in my household, and cannot move songs from other computers onto the iPods unless it's the computer we initially set the iPod up on.

i've never encountered that problem with itunes..seriously. that is the first time i'd seen that. maybe it's because it is a newer version? i dunno...

Sooner_Bob
9/4/2008, 01:43 PM

As long as you PC is authorized via your iTunes account you can share the files purchased on a network and then move then from one iPod to another.

Unless you've only got one PC and then I'm not sure what you could do.

8timechamps
9/4/2008, 01:45 PM
As long as you PC is authorized via your iTunes account you can share the files purchased on a network and then move then from one iPod to another.

Nobody asked you BOB!

soonerbrat
9/4/2008, 01:47 PM

apparently not anymore.

I took my iPod to different computers and copied other people's music pretty often..but this one won't let me.

bri
9/4/2008, 02:01 PM
Your old iPod was a slut. :P

badger
9/4/2008, 02:08 PM
Read here (http://www.tulsaworld.com/lifestyle/article.aspx?articleID=20080902_43_D1_Didyou492595 ) if you haven't already tried to repair it.

Sooner_Bob
9/4/2008, 02:11 PM
apparently not anymore.

I took my iPod to different computers and copied other people's music pretty often..but this one won't let me.

Even with the DRM removed?

Sooner_Bob
9/4/2008, 02:12 PM
Nobody asked you BOB!

Mom! 8times is being mean.

8timechamps
9/4/2008, 02:13 PM
Even with the DRM removed?

What kind of stupid question is that? Of course the DRM is removed!

what's a DRM ?

soonerbrat
9/4/2008, 04:47 PM
i dropped it in water for a long time..it's totally dead :(
i didn't turn it on...I did put it in a bag of white rice, sometimes that works whenyou get your cell phone wet, but it doesn't work at all

bri
9/4/2008, 04:51 PM
Some things aren't meant to get wet, pun'kin.

Sooner_Bob
9/4/2008, 05:20 PM
What kind of stupid question is that? Of course the DRM is removed!

what's a DRM ?

digital rights management

soonerbrat
9/4/2008, 08:00 PM
Some things aren't meant to get wet, pun'kin.

yeah, cell phones and iPods don't like to swim

Hot Rod
9/4/2008, 09:26 PM
yeah, cell phones and iPods don't like to swim

Don't like to or can't? If the latter, it may need a floaty.

GottaHavePride
9/4/2008, 09:58 PM
i dropped it in water for a long time..it's totally dead :(
i didn't turn it on...I did put it in a bag of white rice, sometimes that works whenyou get your cell phone wet, but it doesn't work at all

Take it to teh Apple store. Tell them it just stopped working. They'll probably give you a new one.

(It worked for PG's ex-boyfriend when he dropped his in a terlet.)

Hot Rod
9/4/2008, 10:14 PM

That must have been some song!

colleyvillesooner
9/4/2008, 10:27 PM
Take it to teh Apple store. Tell them it just stopped working. They'll probably give you a new one.

huh. they usually can check for water damage.

soonerbrat
9/5/2008, 08:18 AM

i'll try it. it's 2 years old though

Animal Mother
9/5/2008, 12:35 PM
It died because according to Bloomberg so did Steve Jobs. Jobs is a control freak but come on!!! Let a financial news channel bump you off !?!?!?!?!!?

http://gawker.com/5042795/steve-jobss-obituary-as-run-by-bloomberg

OKLA21FAN
9/5/2008, 12:40 PM
apparently not anymore.

https://www.cs.tcd.ie/Mark.Dennehy/doing-it-wrong.jpg