View Full Version : Announcement: Golf Tournament October 20th

Lott's Bandana
9/4/2008, 10:52 AM
2008 Inaugural Invitational Charity Golf Tournament

- Assistance League of Norman

at The Trails Golf Club
Norman

The Event

Support Operation School Bell by participating in Assistance League’s inaugural Invitational Charity Golf Tournament. Join the fun on
Monday, October 20, in Norman, at The Trails Golf Club.

The Course

The Trails Golf Club is a 6308 yard, 18-hole, par 70 championship golf course. The course is well recognized and has been the site of PGA section events, state championships, and 2007 men’s and ladies’ state amateur tournaments.

The Schedule

Start Time: The tournament will start at 12:00 noon with registration beginning at 10:30. Shotgun start (4 person scramble) There will be an awards ceremony after the finish of the round.
Lunch will be provided from 11:00 to 12:00.

The Cost

Individual Entry $125 per person (includes green fees, cart, range balls, lunch, tee gift, two drink tickets & awards ceremony
Individual Hole Sponsorship $100 tee signage $300 beverage cart or tent banner $500 lunch/award reception sponsor
Prizes Closest to the pin Longest drive (male & female) Three low gross teams Door prizes following play

Proceeds from the tournament will benefit the Norman Chapter of the Assistance League, an organization that directly benefits the community by providing support, toys and clothing, fellowship and the arts, as highlighted below:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assistance League

Philanthropies

Assistance League of Norman strives to improve the lives of our community members through six philan-thropic programs.

Operation School Bell—provides new shoes, clothing, a coat, grooming items, and a new book to over 1100 children in need in the Norman and Little Axe Public Schools.

Seniors R&R — Members visit Full Circle Day Care each month to host bingo. Attention and com-panionship is provided, sharing laughter and memories.

Assault Survivor Kits—Members work with the local rape crisis center to provide kits containing clothing and basic care items to victims of sexual assault.

Bears for Children—working with nine local agen-cies including the Norman Police Dept., the chapter provides more than 100 Teddy Bears yearly to comfort children involved in traumatic events.

Care Kits—Supply over 200 care kits yearly to help support women, teens, and children in the community who are struggling to start new lives.

May Fair Arts Festival—giving back to the com-munity by providing a three-day festival featuring live entertainment, crafts, and quality fine art.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my personal invitation for you to consider entering as a single be placed on a team or putting a foursome together and marking this date on your calendar to come have some fun and play a course that is beautiful, challenging and in excellent condition.

The entry form can be found:

http://www:norman.assistanceleague.org

Print out and send in the entry and I'd love to see you there on a beautiful Autumn Monday! (after the Kansas home game)

Please let me know if you have any questions...

LB

Cam
9/4/2008, 08:06 PM
Interesting. I'll have to see if I can get off work for that.

zeegolf
9/4/2008, 11:36 PM
More about golf take a look
http://www.golfersmd.com/?getit=398291013

Lott's Bandana
9/22/2008, 09:26 PM
Interesting. I'll have to see if I can get off work for that.

Awesome...see ya there!

Bump.

Cam
10/20/2008, 06:58 PM
Well, we tied for last. But, we had a good time. Wife won a dozen balls which I quickly confiscated, and I won a facial, which she quickly confiscated. Disappointed we didn't play better, but it was a still a good day.

Lott's Bandana
10/20/2008, 08:04 PM
Hey Cam, I saw ya...that was my Mom was handing out the prizes. Great day for some golfs, glad you played! I'll tell Anita you had a great time.

Cam
10/20/2008, 08:30 PM
Shoulda said somethin man.