PDA

View Full Version : HS game of the week on FSN-Austin Westlake vs Austin Lake Travis

footballfanatic
9/4/2008, 09:21 AM
Tonight at 7:00 P.M., you can watch central Texas powers Austin Westlake and Lake Travis battle in what promises to be a great game. Westlake, a college football factory, (Drew Brees alma mater), is a regular power. They feature A&M bound Ryan Swope at running back. Lake Travis, last year's 4A state champs, features Garrett Gilbert, a 5-Star recruit, listed as the sixth best QB in the US by Rivals. He is Texas bound. Check it out--it is always a great game.

47straight
9/4/2008, 11:41 AM
Daddy's money v. Daddy's money. Yawn. I heard the two teams bet that the winner gets to pave over another 50 acres of hill country to build another strip mall.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/4/2008, 12:45 PM
Yeah...I think I am washing my hair tonight, so I might not catch this game.

By the way, I don't understand the the turn on by watching high school football on tv...beats me.

footballfanatic
9/4/2008, 12:55 PM
Daddy's money v. Daddy's money. Yawn. I heard the two teams bet that the winner gets to pave over another 50 acres of hill country to build another strip mall.

Another green-talkin', SUV drivin' hypocrite.

badger
9/4/2008, 01:06 PM
Soooo... are there any games of the week in college fooseball?

47straight
9/4/2008, 01:50 PM
Another green-talkin', SUV drivin' hypocrite.

You realize you just described the vast majority of whorn fans who live in those two school districts? Except you left out that those SUV's are leased.

My ride this morning to work was a Capital Metro bus. You ought not fight these battles so unarmed, son.

JLEW1818
9/4/2008, 01:56 PM
Rich Snobs

badger
9/4/2008, 01:57 PM
I laugh when I visit the hippie food (derp, I mean "organic supermarket") place and there's hybrid SUV's and stuff out front.

...but I must say, lol @ texas high school football. UT's claim against OU is that we win with Texas state talent, but if OU wasn't offering scholarships to all the talent coming out of all those programs that parents invest (yes, daddy's money) in, they would be crying up a storm when UT, A&M and Tech et al would only be offering a fraction of the athletes scholarships (which would likely exclude their boys, of course).

bluedogok
9/4/2008, 05:43 PM
ALL of the DI-A and DI-AA in-state colleges couldn't sign all the players that Texas produces every years. Sure someone is going to choose to play at Prairie View or Sul Ross instead of a bigger school somewhere outside of Texas. The big in-state schools can't sign more than 25 a year, they gotta go somewhere and some just choose wiser than others.

JLEW1818
9/4/2008, 05:51 PM
Well, the Lake Travis QB is the future enemy .

cherrylimeade
9/4/2008, 06:00 PM
Cap Metro? Now that is sad........

footballfanatic
9/5/2008, 09:30 AM
You realize you just described the vast majority of whorn fans who live in those two school districts? Except you left out that those SUV's are leased.

My ride this morning to work was a Capital Metro bus. You ought not fight these battles so unarmed, son.

Careful on your step down off your pedestal. It's a long way to the ground.

footballfanatic
9/5/2008, 09:32 AM
I attended the game with an OU diehard. He was really impressed with Gilbert. College is different, and not all HS kids excell there, but he might just have a chance.

bluedogok
9/5/2008, 09:30 PM
He looked real good last season, I drove by there about 6:45 on the way home from work, more traffic than I expected at that time. It is usually cleared out for the most part by then.