PDA

View Full Version : Check out lefty CNN's headline photo of Palin

TheHumanAlphabet
9/4/2008, 08:43 AM
choosing a photo angle to depict a nazi salute (http://www.cnn.com/)

SoonerInKCMO
9/4/2008, 08:48 AM
Ever hear the phrase 'confirmation bias'?

r5TPsooner
9/4/2008, 08:59 AM
Wolf Blitzer is the worse of the bunch on CNN beating Anderson Cooper by a nose. Why claim to be fair when your slant is obviously liberal? Just tell us you're liberal and move on.

colleyvillesooner
9/4/2008, 09:04 AM
Wolf Blitzer is the worse of the bunch on CNN beating Anderson Cooper by a nose. Why claim to be fair when your slant is obviously liberal? Just tell us you're liberal and move on.

Kind of like "Fair and Balanced" Fox News?

r5TPsooner
9/4/2008, 09:05 AM
Kind of like "Fair and Balanced" Fox News?

I totally agree but I think the discussion was about CNN was it not?

TheHumanAlphabet
9/4/2008, 09:05 AM
Ever hear the phrase 'confirmation bias'?

No - what's that?

TheHumanAlphabet
9/4/2008, 09:06 AM
Now, they've change the photo...

SoonerInKCMO
9/4/2008, 09:15 AM
No - what's that?

Heh. I was wondering how you got 'Hitler Salute' out of the picture I saw. :D Confirmation bias means that if you're looking for a particular result, you're likely to find it in whatever experiment or statistics or, in this case, picture on a website you're looking at.

BigRedJed
9/4/2008, 09:17 AM
I wonder why they changed the photo? Wish I had seen it.

mdklatt
9/4/2008, 09:20 AM

You mean like when Fox News farks photos of Democrats?

:pop:

colleyvillesooner
9/4/2008, 09:25 AM
I totally agree but I think the discussion was about CNN was it not?

Yeah it was, but it can changed based on the content of each post. That's how a message board works, is it not? ;)

sooneron
9/4/2008, 09:32 AM
Yeah it was, but it can changed based on the content of each post. That's how a message board works, is it not? ;)

No, we need to keep this on point at all times, that is the SO way!:cool:

Scott D
9/4/2008, 09:33 AM
choosing a photo angle to depict a nazi salute (http://www.cnn.com/)

a bit of a stretch imo since the photo has her palm up and she clearly looks like she's blowing a kiss.

BigRedJed
9/4/2008, 09:34 AM
:les: THEY CHANGED IT AGAIN!!!

mdklatt
9/4/2008, 09:35 AM
:les: THEY CHANGED IT AGAIN!!!

LIBERAL MSM CONSPIRACY!!!!

bri
9/4/2008, 09:36 AM
a bit of a stretch imo since the photo has her palm up and she clearly looks like she's blowing a kiss.

Well, that's even WORSE! Doesn't she know that's how babies are made?

At least, I think it is. I don't know for sure, 'cause my school didn't teach sex ed. I got a free abstinence pamphlet, tho! :D

BigRedJed
9/4/2008, 09:37 AM
Oh, lawd. Does that mean she's gonna have another baby again? Someone needs to clue her in on the kiss blowing thing.

mdklatt
9/4/2008, 09:39 AM
Doesn't she know that's how babies are made?

She's got five kids, so maybe she's not too clear on the concept. :D

Hmmmm...five kids, all with weird names...SARAH PALIN IS A SECRET MORMON!!

mdklatt
9/4/2008, 09:40 AM
Oh, lawd. Does that mean she's gonna have another baby again?

This time I hope she abstains from flying from Dallas to Anchorage once her water breaks.

BigRedJed
9/4/2008, 09:43 AM
She's got five kids, so maybe she's not too clear on the concept. :D

Hmmmm...five kids, all with weird names...SARIN PALIN IS A SECRET MORMON!!
Sarin?

:les: IS THAT A FREUDIAN SLIP??!!

mdklatt
9/4/2008, 09:47 AM
Sarin?

:les: IS THAT A FREUDIAN SLIP??!!

Heh! Guess so.

Scott D
9/4/2008, 09:57 AM
I fully expect CNN to post a different picture in an hour to further confuse THA.

sooneron
9/4/2008, 09:57 AM
Yeah, the weird names were very "compound-like".

Naming your kid after a NASCAR track, talk about pandering. :D

Veritas
9/4/2008, 09:59 AM
I think my bro from anomo already pointed this out, but the original post is a HUGE reach.

I said this in another thread, but regardless of your polileanings, if you go looking for media bias to bitch about you'll find it somewhere.

bri
I fully expect CNN to post a different picture in an hour to further confuse THA.

Those lefties are downright evil with their machinations.

LesNessman
So she has five kids.

I'm sure if she would have had five abortions, she would be the perfiect liberal dem candidate for anything!

Scott D
9/4/2008, 10:01 AM
So she has five kids.

I'm sure if she would have had five abortions, she would be the perfiect liberal dem candidate for anything!

we appreciate the contribution from the bald newsgeek, don't you need to be belittled by Johnny Fever now?

TheHumanAlphabet
9/4/2008, 10:06 AM

I wish I knew how to copy and then host a photo - I know - I'm as archaic as my father thinking the page printer picture of a pinup was cool...

The photo in question was a picture of her from an angle with her right arm out stretched with her fingers extended and her palms down, a la a nazi salute. Obviously she is waving, as I saw her doing last night. The grab looked like a salute...

Scott D
9/4/2008, 10:07 AM
It's ok THA, they will be changing the picture in an hour to further fluster you.

colleyvillesooner
9/4/2008, 10:09 AM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/POLITICS/09/03/palin.alaska.reax/t1wide.palin.react2.ap.jpg

Seriously. Seriously? You got Nazi from that?

That's just sad.

bri
9/4/2008, 10:10 AM
I'm sure they just took the "Nazi salute" pic down so they could Photoshop in some swastikas and maybe an adorable little Hitler moustashe on Palin. I mean, if you're the only one who saw "Nazi" in that picture, they obviously need to do some tweaking.

sooneron
9/4/2008, 10:10 AM
Adolf was famous for blowing kisses to the luftwaffe.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/4/2008, 10:11 AM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/POLITICS/09/03/palin.alaska.reax/t1wide.palin.react2.ap.jpg

Seriously. Seriously? You got Nazi from that?

That's just sad.

No and no... see my post above. If that was what I saw, then I would never have posted anything.

Scott D
9/4/2008, 10:11 AM
Adolf was also famous for taking riding crops up the *** whenever Goering was in town.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/4/2008, 10:12 AM
Adolf was famous for blowing kisses to the luftwaffe.

Well at least Mel Brooks made it so.

sooneron
9/4/2008, 10:13 AM
She looks like Ava, maybe.

maybe

r5TPsooner
9/4/2008, 10:15 AM

Change, heh.

Damned threadjacker.:D

colleyvillesooner
9/4/2008, 10:17 AM
No and no... see my post above. If that was what I saw, then I would never have posted anything.

Gotcha.

8timechamps
9/4/2008, 10:23 AM
If she was as hot as a younger woman, and I were married to her, she'd have more than 5 kids.

King Crimson
9/4/2008, 10:44 AM
in THA's defense i saw the original pic earlier this AM and i could see how, visually, it was similar.

8timechamps
9/4/2008, 11:01 AM
in THA's defense i saw the original pic earlier this AM and i could see how, visually, it was similar.

KC, got any good food ideas for me?

I found a philly cheese steak place in Lakewood. No good italian though...

King Crimson
9/4/2008, 11:31 AM
KC, got any good food ideas for me?

I found a philly cheese steak place in Lakewood. No good italian though...

you might try Carbone's Italian Sausage deli at 1221 W 38th. kinda close to downtown and east of 25. Carbone's is great.

when i was working at DU i ate at Jerusalem on Evans a lot.

further south i like Damascus on Colorado south of Evans...the lamb dishes and Syrian sausage are the bomb. homemade pita is really good, too. there used to be an italian deli called Vito's in that general area but maybe further west...i used to go there with gf and load up on prosciutto and olive oil and get a killer deli hoagie too. but, this was 10 years ago....i don't know if it's still there. it was a mom and pop but made Westword best of Denver a couple times.

around here, i've been living off the smothered chil verde burrito at Efrains at 55th (way east of town) and Arapahoe. it's unreal. off the charts good.

8timechamps
9/4/2008, 12:40 PM
I'm on it, I'll keep you posted.

Jimminy Crimson
9/4/2008, 04:30 PM
Now O'Blahma is a nazi! ;)

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/POLITICS/09/04/obama.black.republicans/t1home.obama.gi.jpg