PDA

View Full Version : I give her an A

olevetonahill
9/3/2008, 10:16 PM
Yall agree /disagree I dont give a shat
She Brot a few tear drops to My eyes. Made My pants wet( but Not from Peein )
Did she stare at a Teleprompter?
Nope , Shes a Great Candidate
So **** you LAS, ,JM , mdklatt, and you other Libs :P
I think she did a Great Jorb.

Veritas
9/3/2008, 10:17 PM
She's a bad bitch. I like her.

achiro
9/3/2008, 10:19 PM
+++

Curly Bill
9/3/2008, 10:19 PM
Yall agree /disagree I dont give a shat
She Brot a few tear drops to My eyes. Made My pants wet( but Not from Peein )
Did she stare at a Teleprompter?
Nope , Shes a Great Candidate
So **** you LAS, ,JM , mdklatt, and you other Libs :P
I think she did a Great Jorb.

Well said! :D

Curly Bill
9/3/2008, 10:20 PM
She's a bad bitch. I like her.

This was well said too. :D

olevetonahill
9/3/2008, 10:21 PM
Like the ******* announcers said
That Broad Knocked it Outta the Park :hot:

salth2o
9/3/2008, 10:21 PM
She will be a great VPILF

Veritas
9/3/2008, 10:22 PM
First pol I've heard speak in a loooooong time that didn't sound completely full of bull****, including McCain.

Who gives a damn what liberals think of her? They're voting for the Obamessiah anyway. What matters is that she can and probably will bring disillusioned conservatives like myself back into the party.

Curly Bill
9/3/2008, 10:22 PM
She will be a great VPILF

She'll definitely be the first. :D

Soonerus
9/3/2008, 10:23 PM
Definitely an A...

olevetonahill
9/3/2008, 10:24 PM
She'll definitely be the first. :D

Most Definately , Ive nevar seen any other VPILF.:hot:

Lott's Bandana
9/3/2008, 10:25 PM
Would Nastia do any better, Vet?

pb4ou
9/3/2008, 10:25 PM
Great speech!! I liked the part where she said that there are some candidates who use change to promote their careers. And then there are those, like John McCain, who use their careers to promote change.

Rogue
9/3/2008, 10:26 PM
Other than the obvious, her most redeeming qualities to me are:

- Idaho accent makes me homesick
- She's the ONLY person on the ticket that has a "good" record on pro-2nd amendment issues.
- She comes off as smart, tough, and REAL.

Lots of cons, but this isn't the thread for that.

olevetonahill
9/3/2008, 10:27 PM
Other than the obvious, her most redeeming qualities to me are:

- Idaho accent makes me homesick
- She's the ONLY person on the ticket that has a "good" record on pro-2nd amendment issues.
- She comes off as smart, tough, and REAL.

Peem the Cons ?:confused:

olevetonahill
9/3/2008, 10:28 PM
Would Nastia do any better, Vet?

No , But Id have More fun with her :hot: :pop:

Veritas
9/3/2008, 10:30 PM
That's classy and tactful man, especially given that you're a BHO guy IIRC. Spek.

soonerhubs
9/3/2008, 10:31 PM
That speech was full of substance and I found myself excited about this ticket for the first time this year.
I honestly tried to listen to speeches last week, and I couldn't stomach the lack of substance or clear answers presented by the other side.

Palin was bold, she was sharp, and I pity Biden come debate time. This candidate is no cream puff.
I've wondered, wouldn't the permission to drill more on America's coasts and whatnot raise our domestic production rates, reduce our deficit, and increase the value of our dollar here in the US? If so, that alone wins my vote.

olevetonahill
9/3/2008, 10:35 PM
That speech was full of substance and I found myself excited about this ticket for the first time this year.
I honestly tried to listen to speeches last week, and I couldn't stomach the lack of substance or clear answers presented by the other side.

Palin was bold, she was sharp, and I pity Biden come debate time. This candidate is no cream puff.
I've wondered, wouldn't the permission to drill more on America's coasts and whatnot raise our domestic production rates, reduce our deficit, and increase the value of our dollar here in the US? If so, that alone wins my vote.

Did anyone hear anything that they could disagree with ?

Veritas
9/3/2008, 10:40 PM
No, she's not, she's smart and she clearly doesn't back down from opposition.

The best tactic the Democrats can take (and the one they've been taking) is to try to discredit and minimize her, because at this stage it would seem that her selection was brilliant. It would seem the BHO camp has legitimate reason to be concerned.

The McCain/Palin ticket actually stands a chance of earning my vote and I know there are quite a lot of disillusioned conservatives and former Republicans who are in the same boat.

You'll notice I'm hedging my statements...this was just a speech, and it takes more than pretty words for me.

tommieharris91
9/3/2008, 10:40 PM

Kinda, but it won't completely free us from foreign oil. It's a band-aid at best.

For the record, I'm a Pickens Plan supporter when it comes to US energy.

Veritas
9/3/2008, 10:41 PM
That makes two of us. I've been doing a lot of reading and research on the issue and his plan is by far the best and most realistic that I've heard.

soonerhubs
9/3/2008, 10:42 PM
I didn't, but give the pundits time to put it together. I honestly expect to hear the "Seasoned" Obama use his famous phrase, "So-and-so doesn't get it." That's right. None of us "get" the idea that raising taxes will help the economy (not even the majority of Economists in the world).

Veritas
9/3/2008, 10:44 PM
I didn't, but give the pundits time to put it together. I honestly expect to hear the "Seasoned" Obama use his famous phrase, "So-and-so doesn't get it." That's right. None of us "get" the idea that raising taxes will help the economy (not even the majority of Economists in the world).

I challenge you to find an real economist who is anything but a fiscal conservative (hint: you won't).

Wishboned
9/3/2008, 10:45 PM
Ever since last Friday I've been more excited about this election than any other.

It's a whole new ball game.

soonerhubs
9/3/2008, 10:45 PM
Kinda, but it won't completely free us from foreign oil. It's a band-aid at best.

I say, DO BOTH! (Yes, I mean those all caps.)

I loved that part of Palin's speech where she said, As if we didn't know we couldn't drill our way out of the problem.

With democrats it's as if multitasking is an unheard of option. :D

olevetonahill
9/3/2008, 10:46 PM
I liked it when Her Youngest girl was Holding the Baby .
Wettin her Tongue with spit and brushing the Kids hair with it .
That's Down Home. :cool:

Soonerus
9/3/2008, 10:47 PM

Totally agree...

soonerhubs
9/3/2008, 10:48 PM
I also got a little choked up as she described McCain's bravery in the face of torture. Wow! What an inspiring speech!

Veritas
9/3/2008, 10:49 PM
Yeah, that youngest daughter was making me lol.

Lott's Bandana
9/3/2008, 10:50 PM
Everybody have a Mom that would lick a Kleenex and wipe your face with it before church?

Hated it. Still...it is rather bonding, isn't it?

GrapevineSooner
9/3/2008, 10:51 PM
You'll notice I'm hedging my statements...this was just a speech, and it takes more than pretty words for me.

We need to see how she holds up in the debates for one.

I'd be willing to bet that Biden will try to hammer her hard on the foreign policy and economic issues and will treat her with kid gloves on some of the family and social issues.

Just like Edwards tried to do with the Cheney's lesbian daughter four years ago.

And as a formerly disillusioned righty, I'd be fine with that tact if the gentleman from Delaware so chooses it.

Soonerus
9/3/2008, 10:51 PM
Biden is a dunce...

Lott's Bandana
9/3/2008, 10:52 PM
Just like Edwards tried to do with the Cheney's lesbian daughter four years ago.

He DID her too?
:eek:

olevetonahill
9/3/2008, 10:53 PM
I also got a little choked up as she described McCain's bravery in the face of torture. Wow! What an inspiring speech!

As a Nam Vet I choked up a Tad Myself.

tommieharris91
9/3/2008, 10:54 PM
Biden is a dunce...

That's putting it very nicely.

olevetonahill
9/3/2008, 10:54 PM

I loved it. Thats Home Grown.:D
I think this Gal will Kick some *** In any Debate.

Veritas
9/3/2008, 10:55 PM
I'd be willing to bet that Biden will try to hammer her hard on the foreign policy and economic issues and will treat her with kid gloves on some of the family and social issues...and as a formerly disillusioned righty, I'd be fine with that tact if the gentleman from Delaware so chooses it.
I'm fine with it too, because those are legitimate issues I'd like to hear her address.

Wishboned

She kills me in this picture...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/TheRainKing/myspace/palins.jpg

Soonerus
It was good stuff...

tommieharris91
9/3/2008, 10:56 PM
I challenge you to find an real economist who is anything but a fiscal conservative (hint: you won't).

I've met a few. I think they're crazy, but I've met some.

Vaevictis
9/3/2008, 10:57 PM

Yes. But I don't think you really want me to go into them, right? :D

olevetonahill
9/3/2008, 10:57 PM
Everybody have a Mom that would lick a Kleenex and wipe your face with it before church?

Hated it. Still...it is rather bonding, isn't it?

My Mom always Just Licked her Thumb and Rubbed My Mug with it .:D

Lott's Bandana
9/3/2008, 11:00 PM
I liked seeing my fellow VFW gentlemen standing at attention or wiping their eyes...someday I'll prolly have one of those garrison caps.

olevetonahill
9/3/2008, 11:02 PM
Yes. But I don't think you really want me to go into them, right? :D

I dont give a **** , You go .
Cause see Im a Con. Not a repub.. I believe the Young Lady did a Great Jorb.

olevetonahill
9/3/2008, 11:03 PM
I liked seeing my fellow VFW gentlemen standing at attention or wiping their eyes...someday I'll prolly have one of those garrison caps.

Im paid up Lifetime member of the DAV:cool:

Lott's Bandana
9/3/2008, 11:04 PM
Hand Salute!

olevetonahill
9/3/2008, 11:06 PM
Hand Salute!

That aint the Mid finger salut is it ?:eek:

Lott's Bandana
9/3/2008, 11:08 PM
Nah, you'll get that Saturday at the Tailgate!

olevetonahill
9/3/2008, 11:09 PM
Nah, you'll get that Saturday at the Tailgate!

I wont be there . Ill still be home wiping My eyes and cleaning My drawers :D

Lott's Bandana
9/3/2008, 11:12 PM
That must be a hell of a mess.

AlbqSooner
9/3/2008, 11:13 PM

One commentator summed it up very well. "She hit a home run, but it was a home run in the first inning." That being said, it did what a first inning home run should do. It invigorated and instilled hope among the fans (voters).

As a guy who spent twenty years making a living with public speaking I have to say this. The speech was written for her. However, she had to deliver it. It can inspire fear and uncertainty to stand before an audience, knowing how important it is that you get it right. She did a fantastic job. The ability to speak that well, that sincerely and that confidently under those circumstances is much more art than science. She has it. I like the cut of her jib!

r5TPsooner
9/3/2008, 11:16 PM
The wife liked her, I liked her, but most importantly her daughter Bristol has huge BOOBIES.

Those babies needed there own airtime. YOWZA.

olevetonahill
9/3/2008, 11:18 PM
Plus Bro she Looked at the audience and the crowed rather than stare at a teleprompter. :hot:

Veritas
9/3/2008, 11:21 PM
The wife liked her, I liked her, but most importantly her daughter Bristol has huge BOOBIES.

Those babies needed there own airtime. YOWZA.
Yeah, that is definitely an attractive family. My wife thought the knocker-upper was pretty hot.

OU-HSV
9/3/2008, 11:23 PM
She did an excellent job tonight and I love her attitude. She attacked Obama and Biden more than I expected and with great delivery, which was cool with me. She did awesome.
And some others have said she went overboard w/the POW stories about McCain??? I think she told what could be considered a "POW story" one time tonight. So I don't get where yall are coming from with that. Props to Palin and I look forward to more from her!

CatfishSooner
9/3/2008, 11:23 PM
One commentator summed it up very well. "She hit a home run, but it was a home run in the first inning." That being said, it did what a first inning home run should do. It invigorated and instilled hope among the fans (voters).

As a guy who spent twenty years making a living with public speaking I have to say this. The speech was written for her. However, she had to deliver it. It can inspire fear and uncertainty to stand before an audience, knowing how important it is that you get it right. She did a fantastic job. The ability to speak that well, that sincerely and that confidently under those circumstances is much more art than science. She has it. I like the cut of her jib!

I agree mostly w/ what you say but:

WHO running doesn't get their speeches written for them???? :confused:

r5TPsooner
9/3/2008, 11:24 PM
Yeah, that is definitely an attractive family. My wife thought the knocker-upper was pretty hot.

I tried to look at her and her boyfriend but the perv in me kept grazing back down to those huge baz-ookas,:D

OU-HSV
9/3/2008, 11:28 PM
I agree mostly w/ what you say but:

WHO running doesn't get their speeches written for them???? :confused:

I agree CS, I don't get why "it was written for her" keeps coming up. 99.99999%-100% of them have their speeches written for them. That is a fact. So big deal.

olevetonahill
9/3/2008, 11:29 PM
Who is this Illiterate Black chick talkin ?:eek:

Vaevictis
9/3/2008, 11:38 PM
I dont give a **** , You go .
Cause see Im a Con. Not a repub.. I believe the Young Lady did a Great Jorb.

Fair enough. It's not that I think she did a bad job, though. I'm just responding to your question: Is there stuff I can disagree with? The answer to that: Yes.

She made a lot of comments that pander to people with their brain disengaged. Stuff that is emotionally appealing, but if you engage your brain and think about it, makes little or no sense. That's cool -- the best demagogues do. (Yes, Obama too.)

For example, energy independence. It's a red-herring. As long as you have capitalism, it doesn't truly exist due to the ability of businessmen to ship it to the highest bidder whether domestic or foreign. (There are benefits to drilling more of our own oil, but 'energy independence' as most people think of it isn't one of them.)

I don't like the drilldrilldrill position. However, if someone were to float a proposal to leave the choice to the states that would be impacted by it, I could very easily get behind it (with appropriate environmental safeguards -- and FWIW, I don't agree with the Republican idea of this, nor do I agree with the Democrats. Both parties are too far on either side.)

If you put your kids in the limelight as they did, I don't think you get to be indignant when the negatives side of the limelight is manifest. That doesn't make *********gery by the people engaging it any less *********gy, it just means, hey, you play the family card, don't be surprised when someone plays cards against your family.

I mean, seriously. Where was the Republican party when Chelsea Clinton was getting raked over the coals. Oh, that's right. Leading the charge.

The snipe at Obama over his 'present' votes is hypocrisy. McCain has missed something like 65% of the votes for this session. All legislators do that.

Bluntly, on these issues, the McCain campaign should attend the plank in its own eye.

The snipe about Obama's willingness to talk with your enemy without precondition is total crap. Where would we be today if Kennedy had followed that policy. "Mr. Khrushchev, we ain't gonna talk to you until you remove those missiles?" I don't think that would have worked out all that well for anyone.

Finally, McCain isn't as much a maverick as he used to be, which means he's not as much a maverick as he's made out to be. He shed a lot of his maverick-ness pandering to the base to get the nomination this time around. Okay, so that's the way the game is played. But once you've played the game, you shouldn't get to claim that you don't.

Her delivery was well above average. B+ for delivery. C+ for content, which was, for the most part, rather typical attack-the-other-dude fare.

But don't take that as a slight. The gold standard for me is Churchill's post-Dunkirk speech ("We will fight on the beaches"), and this speech was a far cry from that... as are almost all.

Sooner Eclipse
9/3/2008, 11:41 PM
The best part of this is my conservative dem wife looked up after 10 minutes of watching this and was inspired and impressed by Ms Palin. Thats big as she is not easily impressed by political hacks.

I think the dems just got kicked in the nads tonight and they dont even realize it. Biden's *** is grass and she's the lawnmower.

Okla-homey
9/3/2008, 11:45 PM
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/3995/121306jetur6.jpg

:les: SARAH SOLD IT ON EBAY!

AlbqSooner
9/3/2008, 11:54 PM
I agree CS, I don't get why "it was written for her" keeps coming up. 99.99999%-100% of them have their speeches written for them. That is a fact. So big deal.

I also agree. There is nothing wrong with having a speech written for you. The reason I brought it up is that DESPITE that fact she delivered the speech in a very confident, sincere manner. I was praising her, not belittling her. It is often more difficult to sound confident and sincere in delivering something written by someone else than when delivering your own words. As I said, I like the cut of her jib. Oh, and I like her daughter's mega boobs as well. :D

Veritas
9/3/2008, 11:59 PM
The gold standard for me is Churchill's post-Dunkirk speech ("We will fight on the beaches"), and this speech was a far cry from that... as are almost all.
Hell yes. Inspiring words from ideal leader for those years in the midst of grave physical danger to their nation. I get chills when I hear that speech.

Good post Vv.

soonersweetie
9/4/2008, 12:03 AM
I was extremely impressed by her. She definitely has an "I don't care who you think you are, or how long you have been there" approach to things. She is a real person, a real mom, with a real family and normal family problems and isn't afraid to show it.

I truly believe she is exactly what the GOP (and America) needed.

I can't wait to watch her in the debates.

olevetonahill
9/4/2008, 12:20 AM
Loved that one LOL

Preservation Parcels
9/4/2008, 12:46 AM
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/3995/121306jetur6.jpg

:les: SARAH SOLD IT ON EBAY!

If there was any doubt, that clinched it for my three sons who will be first time voters. Before tonight, they were politely interested. Now, they're charged up and ready to go do something about this election. Nicely done, Sarah!

jdsooner
9/4/2008, 12:52 AM
She effectively delivered a mean-spirited speech full of half truths.
Obviously, she can dish out the criticism, but doesn't want to be criticized herself. It will be interesting to see what facts emerge about her in the days ahead. And the claim that she's being unfairly treated by the media is
bull****!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/4/2008, 01:22 AM
Obviously, she can dish out the criticism, but doesn't want to be criticized herself. It will be interesting to see what facts emerge about her in the days ahead. And the claim that she's being unfairly treated by the media is
bull****!Say there, you don't perchance vote democrat, do you? lol

olevetonahill
9/4/2008, 01:35 AM
bull****!

Mean spirited ?
Shes been Criticised since Day one . You run along and Find some more Blog Hacks who agree with you .:rolleyes:

LosAngelesSooner
9/4/2008, 05:31 AM
She made Hillary look polite, feminine and full of positive energy. Aside from her bitchy, whiny attitude, she was full of lies and b.s.

I hate her more every time she talks.

McCain needs to kick her to the curb before she loses him the election. She sucks.

MrJimBeam
9/4/2008, 06:01 AM
bull****!

They're afraid of her. :D

LosAngelesSooner
9/4/2008, 06:06 AM
I have yet to meet ONE Dem out here in Cali that is anything but overjoyed that McCain chose her as his VP.

It freakin' sucks.

Turd_Ferguson
9/4/2008, 06:09 AM
Cali'nuff said.

Harry Beanbag
9/4/2008, 06:54 AM
She made Hillary look polite, feminine and full of positive energy. Aside from her bitchy, whiny attitude, she was full of lies and b.s.

I hate her more every time she talks.

McCain needs to kick her to the curb before she loses him the election. She sucks.

You're so transparent I don't even know how you can keep this up with a straight keyboard. I laugh at you.

Hot Rod
9/4/2008, 07:38 AM
Sarah delivered that speech well last night. Props to her. Can't wait to see her in the debates.

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
9/4/2008, 07:55 AM
I have yet to meet ONE Dem out here in Cali that is anything but overjoyed that McCain chose her as his VP.

It freakin' sucks.

Yeah not too many gun tote'n, lipstick wearing pitbull, hockey moms in Cali. For me the jury was out, but after doing some research on her reforms, and what the left coast media has tried to trash her with, hell I wish she would have been brought into the spotlight much earlier. She looks to be very "real" to me. The Palin's have some of the same family issues as many other americans, so lets trash that!!!. I am all for someone who will say the pledge, hold their bible close, hold thier country closer all while wearing a sidearm and giving the impression that she is not scared and will not be taking lightly.

She brings this to mind:
http://radio.weblogs.com/0100205/images/2002/11/01/gadsden.gif

You go Sarah!!!!

Hot Rod
9/4/2008, 08:02 AM
BTW, loved the "after the columns are taken back to a Hollywood backlot" line.

Sooner Eclipse
9/4/2008, 08:30 AM

It freakin' sucks.

See, here lies your biggest problem. As much as the fruits and nuts out on the left coast wish it, "Cali" is not the rest of the country. And thank God for it.

OklahomaTuba
9/4/2008, 08:39 AM
Best Line of her speech:

The American presidency is not supposed to be a journey of personal discovery.

And then this...

Though both Senator Obama and Senator Biden have been going on lately about how they are always, quote, "fighting for you," let us face the matter squarely.

There is only one man in this election who has ever really fought for you ... in places where winning means survival and defeat means death ... and that man is John McCain.

Very nice. She is much more than I expected. I think McCain has let something out of a bottle that will never go back in.

Hot Rod
9/4/2008, 08:50 AM
http://news.bostonherald.com/news/2008/view.bg?articleid=1116858&srvc=2008campaign&position=8

Yes, Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin has a lot on her plate: a pregnant teen daughter, a son on his way to Iraq, an infant with Down syndrome and a looming national election.

But must her hair suffer? With her long, straight, often pinned-up locks, Palin looks one humid day away from fronting a Kiss cover band.

“It’s about 20 years out of date,” said Boston stylist Mario Russo of the Alaska governor’s ’do. “Which goes to show how off she might be on current events.”

When you can't find anything wrong with her speech, choose this topic to write about! haha

Veritas
9/4/2008, 08:51 AM
Well I see the posters that make me want to get all permanent on the bane button are in the house. Thank god for my thread blocking script.

Pieces Hit
9/4/2008, 08:55 AM
3 thumbs up!

Lott's Bandana
9/4/2008, 09:06 AM
See, here lies your biggest problem. As much as the fruits and nuts out on the left coast wish it, "Cali" is not the rest of the country. And thank God for it.

http://www.quickpicturehost.com/images/qph-1220537063.jpg

JohnnyMack
9/4/2008, 09:11 AM
Well I see the posters that make me want to get all permanent on the bane button are in the house. Thank god for my thread blocking script.

Bring it. :P

BigRedJed
9/4/2008, 09:24 AM
That red/blue breakdown of California is misleading. The little patches of blue represent some of the largest population centers in the U.S., and the broad swaths of red represent a lot farmland and desert.

The Maestro
9/4/2008, 09:34 AM
You're so transparent I don't even know how you can keep this up with a straight keyboard. I laugh at you.

It must be the dry heat here in AZ that helps us cause I can see right through it, too, HB.

Why the charade? Just be who you are...no biggie.

sooneron
9/4/2008, 09:38 AM
Speech accomplishing what it set out to do: A
Presentation: B+ (that's a preference thing- I don't care for the way she snarls from time to time/nasally voice, she really can't help too much)
Content: C+

Yes, I give her an A- . This has nothing to do with my politics (obviously, but she gave a shot in the arm to the peeps that were just voting for McCain as a vote against BHO) She pretty much lost me at "I'm just an average blah blah blah", I'm pretty tired of average.

BigRedJed
9/4/2008, 09:41 AM
The snarly/nasally thing was definitely a bit offputting, even though I think I find her more impressive overall after the speech. Of course, I'm not one of the people who was wetting my pants/rubbing one out over her selection.

Lott's Bandana
9/4/2008, 09:44 AM
That red/blue breakdown of California is misleading. The little patches of blue represent some of the largest population centers in the U.S., and the broad swaths of red represent a lot farmland and desert.

It's not misleading, it's geography!

The point was: California is similar to the rest of the country...urban areas, resort areas, areas with enclaves of highly-"educated" citizens and areas with large ethnic populations tend to be blue, California being no different than the East Coast and Upper Midwest. Fact is, the rednecks in California are darn right scary compared to the rednecks in flyover country...I decided that is because they aren't in church on Sunday morning like their kin from the Heartland tend to be.

There are just as many red folks in the blue areas proportionally to the rest of the country, it's just that the "blue people" who cleverly cry out for inclusion of all people, tend to huddle together in commune-like macro enclaves exhausting incredible amounts of energy keeping others out.

Illegal dodgeball, no cheering at school sports events, not letting a kid play Little League because he is too good...all these aberrations occur in the blue.

Interestingly enough, Politics and NCAA Football media coverage is remarkably similar. Focus on the blue (population) and hope you can overcome the overlooked center. Cater to the votes (ratings) and quality of life (football) be dammed.

OklahomaTuba
9/4/2008, 09:45 AM
I was hoping for at least one "Doncha Know" in there somewhere!

C&CDean
9/4/2008, 10:06 AM
I NEVER watch political speeches. Always the same old tired bull****. I've known who I was going to vote for months and months ago, so why listen to the crap?

Anyhow, last night, we were fixin' to go to bed, and momma turns on the TV in the bedroom. She was probably 1/3 of the way through her speech, and we ended up watching the rest of it. Alls I can say is the girl can flat give a speech. Since the dems only seem to care about a candidate's ability to speak in public and how pretty they are (that's all I've heard for 8 years now from you libs - substance be damned) I predict McCain wins in a landslide.

Yeah, somebody wrote most of that speech. But the girl delivered it, and she delivered it damn well. And all the weenies whining about her "attacking" mode can go **** up a rope. All she did is tell the truth, and she told it in a straight-forward, simple, and uncomplicated fashion. In many ways, she reminded me of me. No bull****, just the facts as she sees them.

I'm thinking over half the people who vote for McCain are actually voting for Palin. And if she can pull some of the female Hillary lovers over to the bright side, good on her. And if you put her and Hillary next to each other and have them deliver the exact same speech, she'd make a Reagan/GWB contest look like a dead heat. Hillary (or O'Brack for that matter) couldn't carry her C-cups in public speaking talent.

I like the yainch. A lot.

Animal Mother
9/4/2008, 10:47 AM
Same political rhetoric given by the other side. Have some more Kool-Aid???

JohnnyMack
9/4/2008, 10:47 AM
I'll go ahead and say it, I think this woman is a hack. I think last night proved what I've been saying since she was introduced last week that she's just another politician. Her speech was no better or worse than the one Joe Biden delivered last week. Her screechy, borderline Fargo voice makes me want throw up. She calls out BHO saying the office isn't one that requires on the job training. What a ****ing joke. Do you think if elected she's going to be allowed anywhere near anything important for the first 6 - 12 months? You think they'll let her look into Putin's eyes and see if she can see his soul? Last night was about not falling on her face and she managed to do that. She delivered plenty of rhetoric and pot shots and started trying to pander beyond the base, exactly as expected. Don't be fooled by her "looks" or folksy charm, she's a politician. She hires lobbyists, takes money from earmarks, is under investigation for ethics violations and has pulled a monumental flip flop on the bridge to nowhere. This woman isn't stupid, she knows how to manipulate the system, issuing a statement against the bridge to nowhere only after John McCain did. In fact when Palin was trying to get elected Governor she pushed the bridge as necessary. Don't delude yourselves into thinking this woman is something special.

MrJimBeam
9/4/2008, 10:48 AM
And if she can pull some of the female Hillary lovers over to the bright side, good on her.

She only needs to pull some. Not all, just some.

sooneron
9/4/2008, 10:49 AM
meh, nm

i got jacked

achiro
9/4/2008, 10:53 AM
I'll go ahead and say it, I think this woman is a hack. I think last night proved what I've been saying since she was introduced last week that she's just another politician. Her speech was no better or worse than the one Joe Biden delivered last week. Her screechy, borderline Fargo voice makes me want throw up. She calls out BHO saying the office isn't one that requires on the job training. What a ****ing joke. Do you think if elected she's going to be allowed anywhere near anything important for the first 6 - 12 months? You think they'll let her look into Putin's eyes and see if she can see his soul? Last night was about not falling on her face and she managed to do that. She delivered plenty of rhetoric and pot shots and started trying to pander beyond the base, exactly as expected. Don't be fooled by her "looks" or folksy charm, she's a politician. She hires lobbyists, takes money from earmarks, is under investigation for ethics violations and has pulled a monumental flip flop on the bridge to nowhere. This woman isn't stupid, she knows how to manipulate the system, issuing a statement against the bridge to nowhere only after John McCain did. In fact when Palin was trying to get elected Governor she pushed the bridge as necessary. Don't delude yourselves into thinking this woman is something special.

Wow, this is a complete surprise. I thought for sure she would have changed your mind...

JohnnyMack
9/4/2008, 10:54 AM
Wow, this is a complete surprise. I thought for sure she would have changed your mind...

I'm sure she has you just as snowed as BHO has me snowed. :D

Animal Mother
9/4/2008, 10:56 AM

About as big a surprise as the Kool-Aid drinkers that weren't about to rip her I'd say.

9/4/2008, 11:00 AM
I was hoping for at least one "Doncha Know" in there somewhere!She's from AK, not the Dakotas or MN. I'm glad she didn't let out with a "Doncha Know".

Okla-homey
9/4/2008, 11:02 AM
Don't delude yourselves into thinking this woman is something special.

But that's the great thing about America. We all have a constitutional right to delude ourselves all we want.;)

I'll take mine in the form of a spunky broad from Alaska. It's as if Ann Richards was reincarnated as a way better looking brunette and 'Pub.

achiro
9/4/2008, 11:06 AM
I'm sure she has you just as snowed as BHO has me snowed. :D

You lost any semblance of objectivity long ago. If I thought Obama was better for the country I would vote for him. I have actually looked at his record, I have actually looked at his proposals. What I see is a bunch of stuff that the liberals hve been preaching for years. Nothing new, no change. On the other hand, she has actually done stuff that matter for her community, for her state. You call her a hack but forget to mention the tax rebates she gave her citizens. You say/insinuate that she is as crooked as other politicians but forgot to mention te turnaround she steamrolled in her state.
McCain may not hold all of my values but he is for less spending, less taxes, and less government. Those are the things that will get my vote. I like my business, I like my employees. I'd rather not have to give any of them up, Obama's tax plan would force me to cut people.

Veritas
9/4/2008, 11:14 AM
Don't delude yourselves into thinking this woman is something special.
She may or may not be, but she may very well bring McCain votes from hordes of conservative holdouts who loathe Obama and everything his ideology represents but aren't too fired up about another moderate Republican candidate.

You're a BHO supporter. She could have waved her hand and healed all of the lepers that Obama didn't already heal last week and you'd still find fault. Thing is, the McCain camp doesn't give a **** about winning over BHO supporters. They care about mobilizing the conservative voter base, and speaking as a member of that conservative voter base who spend most of his time associating with other members, the early indications are that he's made a wise choice.

You may perceive that to be the effect of delusion, but even those under the influence of delusion get to vote.

TexasLidig8r
9/4/2008, 11:25 AM
Johnny Mack.. if Jesus Christ Himself.. descended from heaven and said, "I'm now McCain's running mate," you would still vote for Obama.

Similarly, if Jesus Christ came down from heaven and said, "I'm taking the plagiarist's place and will be Obama's running mate," Tuba and the many conservatives on this board would still vote for McCain.

For people like you and many others, your own party has become more important than the nation as a whole.

soonerscuba
9/4/2008, 11:25 AM
I thought it was a decent speech that was designed to rile the base. But she needs to answer one question.

Thomas Paine
Ghandi
MLK, Jr.
Martin Luther
Mother Theresa
Pat Robertson
Cesar Chavez
Barack Obama

What do all these people have in common?

Veritas
9/4/2008, 11:37 AM
I thought it was a decent speech that was designed to rile the base. But she needs to answer one question.

Thomas Paine
Ghandi
MLK, Jr.
Martin Luther
Mother Theresa
Pat Robertson
Cesar Chavez
Barack Obama

They're all people with whom partisans try to create associations to bolster their candidate's legitimacy?

That and they all have an "a" in their first names.

achiro
9/4/2008, 11:39 AM

Thomas Paine
Ghandi
MLK, Jr.
Martin Luther
Mother Theresa
Pat Robertson
Cesar Chavez
Barack Obama

Is that a Sesame Street, "one of these things is not like the others" list?

King Crimson
9/4/2008, 11:39 AM

Thomas Paine
Ghandi
MLK, Jr.
Martin Luther
Mother Theresa
Pat Robertson
Cesar Chavez
Barack Obama

none of them have "common sense"?

Pieces Hit
9/4/2008, 11:42 AM
None of them are Hockey Moms.

Lott's Bandana
9/4/2008, 11:49 AM

Thomas Paine
Ghandi
MLK, Jr.
Martin Luther
Mother Theresa
Pat Robertson
Cesar Chavez
Barack Obama

They are all part of your Fantasy Toastmasters draft?
:confused:

tommieharris91
9/4/2008, 12:03 PM

Thomas Paine
Ghandi
MLK, Jr.
Martin Luther
Mother Theresa
Pat Robertson
Cesar Chavez

All live their lives with poor people...?

r5TPsooner
9/4/2008, 12:07 PM

You're not the only one.

JohnnyMack
9/4/2008, 12:45 PM
She may or may not be, but she may very well bring McCain votes from hordes of conservative holdouts who loathe Obama and everything his ideology represents but aren't too fired up about another moderate Republican candidate.

You're a BHO supporter. She could have waved her hand and healed all of the lepers that Obama didn't already heal last week and you'd still find fault. Thing is, the McCain camp doesn't give a **** about winning over BHO supporters. They care about mobilizing the conservative voter base, and speaking as a member of that conservative voter base who spend most of his time associating with other members, the early indications are that he's made a wise choice.

You may perceive that to be the effect of delusion, but even those under the influence of delusion get to vote.

Do we still have an electoral college in place?

JohnnyMack
9/4/2008, 12:50 PM
Johnny Mack.. if Jesus Christ Himself.. descended from heaven and said, "I'm now McCain's running mate," you would still vote for Obama.

Similarly, if Jesus Christ came down from heaven and said, "I'm taking the plagiarist's place and will be Obama's running mate," Tuba and the many conservatives on this board would still vote for McCain.

For people like you and many others, your own party has become more important than the nation as a whole.

Easy there ambulance chaser, I'm a registered independent who wouldn't be too upset over a McCain presidency. This right wing moonbat VP selection of his scares the hell out of me however. I wish McCain had had the stones to pick Lieberman. Or Ridge. At least he would have stuck to his convictions instead of pandering the way he did.

KC//CRIMSON
9/4/2008, 01:00 PM
SARAH SOLD IT ON EBAY!

Hey, at least that's one person on the ticket that knows how to use a computer.

Condescending Sooner
9/4/2008, 01:07 PM
Easy there ambulance chaser, I'm a registered independent who wouldn't be too upset over a McCain presidency. This right wing moonbat VP selection of his scares the hell out of me however. I wish McCain had had the stones to pick Lieberman. Or Ridge. At least he would have stuck to his convictions instead of pandering the way he did.

If McCain would have picked Lieberman, would you have voted for him? No lying.

BigRedJed
9/4/2008, 01:07 PM
Hey, at least that's one person on the ticket that knows how to use a computer.
Heh.

9/4/2008, 01:15 PM

For people like you and many others, your own party has become more important than the nation as a whole.You earned a bunch of "Sooner credits" in my mind. Even as both a whorn and an esquire, congratulations for the brazen truth!

JohnnyMack
9/4/2008, 01:16 PM
If McCain would have picked Lieberman, would you have voted for him? No lying.

Would I have voted for them? No. Would I have had less of a problem with the direction in which I felt like they were taking the country? Yes. Sarah Palin and I are pretty opposite in terms of our views.

sooneron
9/4/2008, 01:16 PM

That little statement cuts both ways, all it depends upon is which side of the aisle your boy/girl sits on.

I have seen both sides try to electrify their constituency against the other- Be it urban v. rural etc.

Both parties suck monkey nuts these days (actually, for a while now). Both of the candidates pander to whomever will shove a sack of cash under their doorstep or will get them some votes. They've already been bought at this point.

Condescending Sooner
9/4/2008, 01:23 PM
Would I have voted for them? No. Would I have had less of a problem with the direction in which I felt like they were taking the country? Yes. Sarah Palin and I are pretty opposite in terms of our views.

Then your opinion of who he picks means nothing. Your view wouldn't have changed no matter who he picked. Oh, and you are about as much an independent as LA Sooner is a republican.

JohnnyMack
9/4/2008, 01:28 PM
Then your opinion of who he picks means nothing. Your view wouldn't have changed no matter who he picked. Oh, and you are about as much an independent as LA Sooner is a republican.

I disagree. I still get to live in the country after the election, so if McCain wins, I would prefer him to have someone along side him who mirrors his policies, not someone who's a total opposite. Earlier in the season I had it in my head as:

1. BHO
2. McCain
3. HRC

If HRC had won and McCain had selected someone more moderate I would have absolutely voted for him.

It's not like I hate McCain, just his choice in running mates.

olevetonahill
9/4/2008, 01:46 PM
Ok I misled Yall
She PUT the plane On ebay 3 times , it never got the Minimum bid
so she had it sold thru a Broker.

John Kochtoston
9/4/2008, 01:48 PM

Thomas Paine
Ghandi
MLK, Jr.
Martin Luther
Mother Theresa
Pat Robertson
Cesar Chavez
Barack Obama

They are all people whom have never been in my kitchen.

Veritas
9/4/2008, 01:50 PM
Oh, and you are about as much an independent as LA Sooner is a republican.
Hold up now. Independent doesn't have any type of ideology assigned it (unless Mack is registered with one of the myriad small-fry parties with "Independent" in the name). Independent as Mack is using it means (I think) that he has no party affiliation.

JohnnyMack
9/4/2008, 01:52 PM
Hold up now. Independent doesn't have any type of ideology assigned it (unless Mack is registered with one of the myriad small-fry parties with "Independent" in the name). Independent as Mack is using it means (I think) that he has no party affiliation.

Nope, just a plain old (I).

TexasLidig8r
9/4/2008, 02:08 PM
Both parties suck monkey nuts these days (actually, for a while now). Both of the candidates pander to whomever will shove a sack of cash under their doorstep or will get them some votes. They've already been bought at this point.

It is rare indeed when you and I agree on anything... "sun rises in the east." "No it does not you stinkin' whorn".... "yes it does you hillbilly..." etc.. but

On this..

Well played sir... well played indeed.

Veritas
9/4/2008, 02:19 PM
Nope, just a plain old (I).
Yeah, so you can be leftist commie like Mack or a right-wing ******* like me and be an independent. It's the unparty. :D

C&CDean
9/4/2008, 02:22 PM
Sarah Palin and I are pretty opposite in terms of our views.

So, what do you disagree on? She likes guns, heterosexual relations, live babies, and being fiscally accountable. You?

JohnnyMack
9/4/2008, 02:48 PM
So, what do you disagree on? She likes guns, heterosexual relations, live babies, and being fiscally accountable. You?

That's a very nice, overly simplified redneck way of looking at it I suppose.

C&CDean
9/4/2008, 02:57 PM
That's a very nice, overly simplified redneck way of looking at it I suppose.

What other issues are important to you? Who Oprah endorses?

Yes, it is simple. Why do you complicate it? You're voting for your boy cause he's something new. Nothing else. He doesn't have a clue about a damned thing, but he mirrors your views? What. Ever.

soonerscuba
9/4/2008, 02:59 PM

Yes, it is simple. Why do you complicate it? You're voting for your boy cause he's something new. Nothing else. He doesn't have a clue about a damned thing, but he mirrors your views? What. Ever.
I'm voting for him because he's a smoker.

JohnnyMack
9/4/2008, 03:09 PM

Yep. That's it. You're right.

C&CDean
9/4/2008, 03:29 PM
I'm voting for him because he's a smoker.

Well that is something. So, I retract my statement that he ain't got anything going for him.

LosAngelesSooner
9/4/2008, 03:31 PM

You may perceive that to be the effect of delusion, but even those under the influence of delusion get to vote.The delusion that you all are suffering from is that "The Base" was ever NOT going to vote for McCain. They didn't need her to motivate "The Base."

All she's done is alienate the middle and the moderates who were on the fence. Great job, Ms. Congeniality. :rolleyes:

C&CDean
9/4/2008, 03:33 PM
The delusion that you all are suffering from is that "The Base" was ever NOT going to vote for McCain. They didn't need her to motivate "The Base."

All she's done is alienate the middle and the moderates who were on the fence. Great job, Ms. Congeniality. :rolleyes:

Dude, you were voting for Oprahbama anyhow.

And if all she did was alienate all the freakshows out your way then I say that's a good thing. A very good thing.

TexasLidig8r
9/4/2008, 03:37 PM

So you have your fingers on the pulse of John Q. Public living in middle America fly over country?

You ARE a diverse mofo. :D

LosAngelesSooner
9/4/2008, 03:38 PM
Dude, you were voting for Oprahbama anyhow.

And if all she did was alienate all the freakshows out your way then I say that's a good thing. A very good thing.
Nope. I have always been FIRMLY in McCain's camp. Try again. Review some of my old posts. I was anti-Romney because "He's a religious nutjob." I was anti-Hickabee because "He's a religious nutjob." And I'm anti-Palin because...wait for it...she's a "Religious nut-job" AND she's the most unqualified person EVER for the VP position or the P position. She might even be unqualitied for the Doggiestyle position, though her 19 Hippie/SciFi named babies kinda contradict that assertion.

Ever since 1999 I have been singing McCain's praises and you'll NEVER find even ONE negative post from me regarding McCain on this board. In fact the only time he's disappointed me was in his selection of a VP nom who is so shrill and bitter that she makes teh Pantsuit seem like a demure housewife.

Veritas
9/4/2008, 03:40 PM
The delusion that you all are suffering from is that "The Base" was ever NOT going to vote for McCain. They didn't need her to motivate "The Base."

Obama is so far to the left that if Palin pushes you to vote for him, you were already over on that side of the fence, you just didn't know it yet (the royal you, not you specifically, LAS).

achiro
9/4/2008, 03:43 PM

The reality is that IF she continues doing well in public, she will get folks out that probably wouldn't have voted(I've heard people in this group on multiple occasions today) to vote. Not that it changed their minds, just energized them enough to do something. She will pull SOME women from the HRC crowd, I don't think it will be a lot but it may not need to be in some states. Then there are the middle of the road folks that will really like her and she will sway their vote. How many of those will depend on how well she can convey the message, how many mistakes she makes, and how much she can shoot down the BO policies.

Veritas
9/4/2008, 03:45 PM
The reality is that IF she continues doing well in public, she will get folks out that probably wouldn't have voted(I've heard people in this group on multiple occasions today) to vote. Note that it changed their minds, just energized them enough to do something.
Bingo. I've talked to several people (more than 10) this morning who were going to vote Barr or not vote (same thing really) who are now intending to vote for the McCain/Palin.

C&CDean
9/4/2008, 03:47 PM
Nope. I have always been FIRMLY in McCain's camp. Try again. Review some of my old posts. I was anti-Romney because "He's a religious nutjob." I was anti-Hickabee because "He's a religious nutjob." And I'm anti-Palin because...wait for it...she's a "Religious nut-job" AND she's the most unqualified person EVER for the VP position or the P position. She might even be unqualitied for the Doggiestyle position, though her 19 Hippie/SciFi named babies kinda contradict that assertion.

Ever since 1999 I have been singing McCain's praises and you'll NEVER find even ONE negative post from me regarding McCain on this board. In fact the only time he's disappointed me was in his selection of a VP nom who is so shrill and bitter that she makes teh Pantsuit seem like a demure housewife.

I've seen your pro-McCain stuff. And now you're telling me you're gonna go vote for O'Bro just because he picked up a VP that talks in a way that you don't like? I'd have to call that shallow. Also, your "demure housewife" Hillary looks that way now because Palin would pick her up by her cankles and slam her ugly face off the wall in any kind of chica y chica contest - and you know it. That's what scares you so bad about her. Do you have issues with strong women?

LosAngelesSooner
9/4/2008, 03:48 PM
Obama is so far to the left that if Palin pushes you to vote for him, you were already over on that side of the fence, you just didn't know it yet (the royal you, not you specifically, LAS).That's another one of the Kool Ade deceptions, bud.

The fact is the "Fence sitters" ARE facing a tough decision between the two. And Palin is enough to cost McCain a TON of their support and the polls in most of the battleground states are proving me right.

LosAngelesSooner
9/4/2008, 03:51 PM
I've seen your pro-McCain stuff. And now you're telling me you're gonna go vote for O'Bro just because he picked up a VP that talks in a way that you don't like? I'd have to call that shallow.
No. If you'll look back you'll see that I'm STILL in McCain's camp. I'm just this freakin angry because the yainch just cost him the White House.

Also, your "demure housewife" Hillary looks that way now because Palin would pick her up by her cankles and slam her ugly face off the wall in any kind of chica y chica contest - and you know it. That's what scares you so bad about her. Do you have issues with strong women?Jesus. If you knew my girlfriend you wouldn't be saying that.

And I'd put money on my gf not only out shooting Boobs McGee, but also being able to kick her ***. (a 3rd degree black belt in Kenpo Karate will do that.)

LosAngelesSooner
9/4/2008, 03:53 PM
The reality is that IF she continues doing well in public, she will get folks out that probably wouldn't have voted(I've heard people in this group on multiple occasions today) to vote. Not that it changed their minds, just energized them enough to do something. She will pull SOME women from the HRC crowd, I don't think it will be a lot but it may not need to be in some states. Then there are the middle of the road folks that will really like her and she will sway their vote. How many of those will depend on how well she can convey the message, how many mistakes she makes, and how much she can shoot down the BO policies.
The "middle of the road" folks won't vote for her as soon as they hear that she is on record as TRULY BELIEVING that the Earth is only 5,000 years old and that Satan put dinosaur bones in the Earth to tempt us into doubting God. :rolleyes:

C&CDean
9/4/2008, 03:54 PM
No. If you'll look back you'll see that I'm STILL in McCain's camp. I'm just this freakin angry because the yainch just cost him the White House.

Jesus. If you knew my girlfriend you wouldn't be saying that.

And I'd put money on my gf not only out shooting Boobs McGee, but also being able to kick her ***. (a 3rd degree black belt in Kenpo Karate will do that.)

1. You're wrong about costing JM the White House. Very wrong. And she will be the next POTUS too.

2. Your girlfriend is what, a buck? maybe a buck 10? She might know kung fu, but Palin knows bang fu. Bang fu wins every time.

Veritas
9/4/2008, 03:55 PM
The "middle of the road" folks won't vote for her as soon as they hear that she is on record as TRULY BELIEVING that the Earth is only 5,000 years old and that Satan put dinosaur bones in the Earth to tempt us into doubting God. :rolleyes:
Wait. What? I've been doing homework on her and haven't seen that documented anywhere. If that is true, then your first sentence is quite accurate.

JohnnyMack
9/4/2008, 03:55 PM

Moonbats support moonbats. They don't really care.

C&CDean
9/4/2008, 03:57 PM

That's all you got huh?

Personally, I don't know a single christian who believes anything your cali boy said. You non-believers are weird.

LosAngelesSooner
9/4/2008, 03:58 PM
1. You're wrong about costing JM the White House. Very wrong. And she will be the next POTUS too.
Bullbutter. I'd campaign against her until I bled out the EYES to keep her out of the Presidency. Same for ANY Creationist Whacko nutjob. Especially one with JUUUUUST enough brains to REALLY **** this country up, but not enough to fix a damn thing...like Palin.

2. Your girlfriend is what, a buck? maybe a buck 10? She might know kung fu, but Palin knows bang fu. Bang fu wins every time.My gf is 125 and 5'8 and is solid muscle from working out at the gym 6 days a week. And she's from South Philly, originally, so she knows how to handle a handgun with the best of 'em. And I've been taking her to the range about once a month to teach her how to fire a rifle.

Again...my money is on her, 10 out of 10 times against the Naughty/Nasty Mouthed Librarian.

Oh...and my gf WON Miss Teen New Jersey. ;) (no second place runner ups here)

Veritas
I do not think that word means what you think it means.

http://simondorfman.com/Games/Spellfire/wp-content/drop-your-sword.jpg

JohnnyMack
That's all you got huh?

Personally, I don't know a single christian who believes anything your cali boy said. You non-believers are weird.

That's just one of many things I think this woman is out of touch on. But I won't bore you with them since you could never be wrong. About anything.

LosAngelesSooner
9/4/2008, 03:59 PM
Wait. What? I've been doing homework on her and haven't seen that documented anywhere. If that is true, then your first sentence is quite accurate.She is on record, ala Huckabee, as being a "Strict Creationist" in her beliefs.

sooneron
9/4/2008, 04:00 PM
That's just one of many things I think this woman is out of touch on. But I won't bore you with them since you could never be wrong. About anything.

YOu forget his Joey Halzle prediction from two years back.:D

LosAngelesSooner
9/4/2008, 04:00 PM
That's all you got huh?

Personally, I don't know a single christian who believes anything your cali boy said. You non-believers are weird.Get out of the house more.

C&CDean
9/4/2008, 04:01 PM

When you tuck your kids in at night who do they pray to?

C&CDean
9/4/2008, 04:01 PM
Get out of the house more.

Get out of the closet more.

Veritas
9/4/2008, 04:02 PM
Yeah, well my girlfriend was Miss Brazil, can bench press 460, and has a 1911 Colt surgically attached to her forearm. She doesn't have to work out because in between walking on the catwalk she runs around in a leather suit and fights crime, which keeps her in pretty good shape.

JohnnyMack
I do not think that word means what you think it means.
http://simondorfman.com/Games/Spellfire/wp-content/drop-your-sword.jpg

Wrong character. Zippy.

LosAngelesSooner
Get out of the closet more.:rolleyes:

JohnnyMack
When you tuck your kids in at night who do they pray to?

You, of course.

C&CDean
9/4/2008, 04:03 PM
Yeah, well my girlfriend was Miss Brazil, can bench press 460, and has a 1911 Colt surgically attached to her forearm. She doesn't have to work out because in between walking on the catwalk she runs around in a leather suit and fights crime, which keeps her in pretty good shape.

You gotta understand our boy lives in Fantasyland where there are bionic amazon womens and atomic bombs available at the local gun show.

LosAngelesSooner
Yeah, well my girlfriend was Miss Brazil, can bench press 460, and has a 1911 Colt surgically attached to her forearm. She doesn't have to work out because in between walking on the catwalk she runs around in a leather suit and fights crime, which keeps her in pretty good shape.http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/717/paris20hilton2020thats20hot20s.jpg

C&CDean
You, of course.

Smart kids.

soonerhubs
9/4/2008, 04:04 PM
She is on record, ala Huckabee, as being a "Strict Creationist" in her beliefs.

As long as she doesn't "Create" new taxes. I don't care if she believes that David Hasselhoff is deity.

C&CDean
9/4/2008, 04:05 PM
As long as she doesn't "Create" new taxes. I don't care if she believes that David Hasselhoff is deity.

But dude, you're a Mormon. You guys think that people can be deity...:P

LosAngelesSooner
9/4/2008, 04:06 PM
You gotta understand our boy lives in Fantasyland where there are bionic amazon womens and atomic bombs available at the local gun show.For the sake of maturity I'll give you a "straight" answer.

Google exactly what Creationists believe. If you "get out of your house" and "talk with Christians" and they don't believe that stuff, then THEY AIN'T CREATIONISTS.

IF they do, then they are. And Palin is ON RECORD saying that she "is a Creationist." So, since I'm not voting for the "Christians you are always talking to" but I'm voting for McCain/Nutjorb, then HER stance is what matters, not Ned, your Mailman.

Veritas
9/4/2008, 04:06 PM
Wrong character. Zippy.

****, you're right. I was thinking it was from the scene where Wesley and the Sicilian are drinking iocane powder and the Sicilian keeps saying "incotheivable."

LosAngelesSooner
9/4/2008, 04:07 PM
As long as she doesn't "Create" new taxes. I don't care if she believes that David Hasselhoff is deity.72 years old with 300 undinsclosed pages of medical history.

You'd BETTER care what she believes in.

soonerhubs
9/4/2008, 04:07 PM
But dude, you're a Mormon. You guys think that people can be deity...:P

Well... uh... I concede.

soonerhubs
9/4/2008, 04:08 PM
72 years old with 300 undinsclosed pages of medical history.

You'd BETTER care what she believes in.

Why do you hate David Hasselhoff?

C&CDean
9/4/2008, 04:09 PM
For the sake of maturity I'll give you a "straight" answer.

Google exactly what Creationists believe. If you "get out of your house" and "talk with Christians" and they don't believe that stuff, then THEY AIN'T CREATIONISTS.

IF they do, then they are. And Palin is ON RECORD saying that she "is a Creationist." So, since I'm not voting for the "Christians you are always talking to" but I'm voting for McCain/Nutjorb, then HER stance is what matters, not Ned, your Mailman.

Please. I'm on record as saying I'm a creationist. I'd bet every single christian in the world would say the same thing. It's one hell of a stretch you're making.

JohnnyMack
9/4/2008, 04:09 PM
Please. I'm on record as saying I'm a creationist. I'd bet every single christian in the world would say the same thing. It's one hell of a stretch you're making.

Today's ironic post of the day is brought to you by :dean:

C&CDean
9/4/2008, 04:13 PM
I think we've already had the "ironic" discussion today John.

LosAngelesSooner
Yeah. "Definitions" of what words mean sure are pesky. And when you use them to prove a point, that sure is "making a stretch."

But...but...SHE SOLD IT ON EBAY!!!! :rolleyes:

achiro

You got THIS from her believing in creationism?

Veritas
Today's ironic post of the day is brought to you by :dean:
Nyeah, I don't agree much with Mack lately but I sorta kinda maybe do on this one. I'm a Christian (albeit a cynical non-church attending one). I don't buy strict creationism for a second (assuming strict creationism is the young earth version).

LosAngelesSooner
9/4/2008, 04:14 PM
By the way, I'm a Christian and I sure as HELL wouldn't say I'm a "Creationist." That's just Loony Toons.

LosAngelesSooner
9/4/2008, 04:14 PM
You got THIS from her believing in creationism?Yes, since that's part of the definition of what Creationists believe. How I made such a "leap," I never can tell.

olevetonahill
9/4/2008, 04:18 PM
Yeah. "Definitions" of what words mean sure are pesky. And when you use them to prove a point, that sure is "making a stretch."

But...but...SHE SOLD IT ON EBAY!!!! :rolleyes:

No she Didnt you Moonbat .
She said she Put it On ebay .
It didnt get the Minimum bid so they hired a broker to sell It
Sheesh .Get yer Facts str8 :D

C&CDean
9/4/2008, 04:20 PM
You gotta understand us simple Okies don't spend a lot of time googleing **** we already know about. So, if Palin really does believe history/etc. exactly the way you described that she's ON THE RECORD believing, then indeed, she is JohnnyMack crazy. However, I'd still take her over some dude who's not really sure if he's a muslim, a christian, and has been attending a hate-based church for over 20 years.

achiro
9/4/2008, 04:21 PM
Yes, since that's part of the definition of what Creationists believe. How I made such a "leap," I never can tell.

If you had asked me more than two minutes ago if I believed in creationism, I would have said yes as well. Some of us think that it is about God creating us. I was raised in a Christian home, had a grandfather that was a pastor and I've never heard of any "sub sects" of creationism. I bet I'm not the only one that thinks that, in fact, I might be willing to bet that the majority of people think what I thought. So I still say you are making that "leap" unless she says what you added.

Veritas
9/4/2008, 04:23 PM
Yes, since that's part of the definition of what Creationists believe. How I made such a "leap," I never can tell.

LAS, I think you're off base in assuming Palin's beliefs on this one. All she has said is that she believes we have a creator (at least that's as much as I can find). If Huckabee says something about her, that's on him, not her.

As for her personal views on evolution, Palin has said, "I believe we have a creator." But she has not made clear whether her belief also allowed her to accept the theory of evolution as fact.

"I'm not going to pretend I know how all this came to be," she has been quoted as saying.

Here's the freshest article on the subject that I could find:
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gV5jvU52RD3WBflzbmSu5l6zwOqAD92V3VQG0

C&CDean
9/4/2008, 04:26 PM
Somehow I'm seeing LAS frantically googling "creationism" and "Palin" right now.

olevetonahill
9/4/2008, 04:30 PM
Best I can Understand If yer a Christian you Believe In the Bible . So the Bible says God Made man and all the other stuff . Now Ive read that Collection of Books several times and I dont see a Time Line there . But I do believe we was created
So what does that make me ?
The Only Dates in the Book where added By Man
Much as Chapter and Verse..

Lott's Bandana
9/4/2008, 04:42 PM
All those kids, I would say she is a pretty fine Creator herself.

Mebbe that's what she meant by strict Creationist?

BigRedJed
9/4/2008, 04:45 PM
Maybe she is strict as in dirty librarian strict?

BigRedJed
9/4/2008, 04:46 PM
Someone probably already posted that. I came into this thread late and skipped over the boring parts.

Lott's Bandana
9/4/2008, 04:49 PM
This isn't boring?

jus sayin

BigRedJed
9/4/2008, 05:13 PM
Dirty librarians are NOT boring.

olevetonahill
9/4/2008, 05:18 PM
http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Richie-Fahey/Pin-Up-Girl-Quiet-Please-Librarian-Giclee-Print-C12043338.jpeg

Lott's Bandana
9/4/2008, 05:19 PM
I'd give her an O.

BigRedJed
9/4/2008, 05:20 PM
They use the Dewey Decimal System these days. Duh.

Harry Beanbag
9/4/2008, 05:34 PM
LAS, I think you're off base...

You should have just stopped here.

LosAngelesSooner
9/4/2008, 05:50 PM
If you had asked me more than two minutes ago if I believed in creationism, I would have said yes as well. Some of us think that it is about God creating us. I was raised in a Christian home, had a grandfather that was a pastor and I've never heard of any "sub sects" of creationism. I bet I'm not the only one that thinks that, in fact, I might be willing to bet that the majority of people think what I thought. So I still say you are making that "leap" unless she says what you added.
Well, to be FAIR, what I "added" was for comedic effect (as many of us on here do). And I, personally, am a Creationist in that "I believe that God created everything, but I believe he used science and evolution to accomplish that creation. And I believe that the Bible's Story of creation is a story told to sheep herders to teach them about God and creation.

That's just my personal take on things.

LosAngelesSooner
9/4/2008, 05:50 PM
You should have just stopped here.:les:Booo...

shaun4411
9/4/2008, 05:54 PM
Well, to be FAIR, what I "added" was for comedic effect (as many of us on here do). And I, personally, am a Creationist in that "I believe that God created everything, but I believe he used science and evolution to accomplish that creation. And I believe that the Bible's Story of creation is a story told to sheep herders to teach them about God and creation.

That's just my personal take on things.

sounds like something a libertarian might say. (being a middle ground between repub and dem)

LosAngelesSooner
9/4/2008, 06:49 PM
sounds like something a libertarian might say. (being a middle ground between repub and dem)By strict definition of my political beliefs, I probably fall more into that category than anything else.

Veritas
9/4/2008, 07:01 PM
Well, to be FAIR, what I "added" was for comedic effect (as many of us on here do). And I, personally, am a Creationist in that "I believe that God created everything, but I believe he used science and evolution to accomplish that creation.
Yeah, I'm with you there LAS. The evidence for the big bang and an ancient earth is overwhelming.

And I believe that the Bible's Story of creation is a story told to sheep herders to teach them about God and creation.

Lol. That'll **** some people off.

TopDawg
9/5/2008, 12:50 AM

And let's not forget...

Wait. So politicians and talking heads are full of ****?

O

M

G

;)

Ardmore_Sooner
9/5/2008, 01:12 AM
Anyone who practices Christianity, Judaism, or Islam is a "Creationist". Doesn't necessarily mean you believe the Earth is 6,000 years old though. If you are an "Old World Creationist", as I am, then you believe that they accounts in Genesis are based on scientific happenings that were led in part by God. A Muslim is going to believe the creation story as it is accounted for in the Quran.

Did Palin say that she was a "Young World Creationist", believing the planet is 6,000 years old or what?

TopDawg
9/5/2008, 01:26 AM
This is getting slightly off subject, but that's what message boards are for. But building off Ardmore's last post, do you think it's necessary to be a creationist (old or new world) in order to be Christian?

In other words, can you be a Christian without believing that God created the earth? To me, it doesn't seem like a core Christian value. It seems to me that you can be a follower of Jesus Christ...a Christian...regardless of your thoughts on how the earth was created. We don't see Jesus saying much about it in the Bible. It would certainly seem to me to be an odd stance...but I don't know that it's an automatic "disqualifier."

Tulsa_Fireman
9/5/2008, 01:54 AM
God also said that "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me", then turned around and sent his Son, who only through his blood, can we be redeemed of our sins and know the kingdom of heaven, which in turn establishes the Holy Trinity, which puts God the Father on equal footing as a diety with his Son and the Holy Spirit.

The Jews don't buy it for some reason.

But with that tack in mind, doesn't creationism as the basic tenet that God created the heavens and the earth, birds, bees, ninjas, cold beer, and football, establish itself as the very faith in the God that created us in His image, gave his only begotten Son so that we could have everlasting life, and made it possible to even have this discussion, even if 6 days worth of work is a testament to God's power, not a dateline to verify fossil record?

Animal Mother
9/5/2008, 01:26 PM
By the way, I'm a Christian and I sure as HELL wouldn't say I'm a "Creationist." That's just Deanie Toons.

FIXED

Saying that people that don't believe in the little man in the gold chair in the sky are weird is bullsh!t enough, but all christians are creationists?? You need some fresh air. And I didn't capitalize those two words because they don't deserve it. If I don't believe in it, I ain't gonna capitalize it, dean.

Conservatives. Confused by their own beliefs since 1431 (year Joan of Arc was burned at the stake).

Hamhock
9/5/2008, 01:30 PM
This is getting slightly off subject, but that's what message boards are for. But building off Ardmore's last post, do you think it's necessary to be a creationist (old or new world) in order to be Christian?

In other words, can you be a Christian without believing that God created the earth? To me, it doesn't seem like a core Christian value. It seems to me that you can be a follower of Jesus Christ...a Christian...regardless of your thoughts on how the earth was created. We don't see Jesus saying much about it in the Bible. It would certainly seem to me to be an odd stance...but I don't know that it's an automatic "disqualifier."

why believe the stuff the Bible says about Christ if you don't believe the stuff the Bible says about creation?

TexasLidig8r
9/5/2008, 01:32 PM
God also said that "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me", then turned around and sent his Son, who only through his blood, can we be redeemed of our sins and know the kingdom of heaven, which in turn establishes the Holy Trinity, which puts God the Father on equal footing as a diety with his Son and the Holy Spirit.

The Jews don't buy it for some reason.

That's why they're all going to hell in a handbasket.. down the hatch.. say hello to Old Nick down there! ;)

Hamhock
9/5/2008, 01:34 PM

not sure if you mean that God contradicted his own commandment by sending Jesus, but if that's what you mean, I don't agree. The Trinitarian God existed long before Christ was sent to earth and is exactly what is referred to in the first commandment.

TopDawg
9/5/2008, 01:43 PM
why believe the stuff the Bible says about Christ if you don't believe the stuff the Bible says about creation?

Lots of people do. The Bible says that God took a rib from Adam to make Eve. But I don't think you have to believe that's what actually happened in order to be a Christian. I don't think Adam's rib is an core "make-it-or-break-it" value that's at the heart of Christianity. So, then, the question is whether or not you have to believe that God created the earth in order to be a Christian. Again, the Bible doesn't show us that Jesus said much about it, so is it a make-it-or-break-it value.

JohnnyMack
9/5/2008, 01:47 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/172/431306643_528c65a6b3.jpg

Animal Mother
9/5/2008, 01:56 PM
If you're catholic the bible says "that".

If you're a baptist the bible says the catholics "that" is heresy.

If you're hebrew the old testament is your bible and the new one is fiction.

If you're christian then you should believe that hebrews will all go to hell.

That's why I don't believe in god.Listening to Dubya for eight years has been like listening to a Sunday school teacher. They both run on a fuel called fear. McCain and his henchwoman both spew that crap. unfortunately so does Obama. He just wants my money. He doesn't want to put my butt in a religious re-education camp.

C&CDean
9/5/2008, 01:56 PM
FIXED

Saying that people that don't believe in the little man in the gold chair in the sky are weird is bullsh!t enough, but all christians are creationists?? You need some fresh air. And I didn't capitalize those two words because they don't deserve it. If I don't believe in it, I ain't gonna capitalize it, dean.

Conservatives. Confused by their own beliefs since 1431 (year Joan of Arc was burned at the stake).

Obsessed much?

People who don't believe in God are not weird. They're just naive.

And yes, all christians, muslims, and I'd venture hindus and pretty much any other religion that has "gods" would be what I'd consider "creationist." No, not by some whack job liberal's definition of the word, or by some cult movement who thinks everything came to be a few thousand years ago, but by sensible folks' for sure. And you poo pooing God doesn't bother me a bit. Unlike some christians, I don't believe it is my responsibility to try and save ignorant people. We all choose our way, and we all must pay based on the way we choose. Rock on with your shallow self.

TopDawg
9/5/2008, 02:02 PM
No, not by some whack job liberal's definition of the word, or by some cult movement who thinks everything came to be a few thousand years ago, but by sensible folks' for sure.

Them whack job liberals have been tryin to force this creationism definition down our throats for pert-near a hunert years now! My pappy didn't buy it then and I sure ain't buyin it now! :mad:

stoops the eternal pimp
9/5/2008, 02:04 PM
what was this thread about? who got an A?

Veritas
9/5/2008, 02:06 PM
He doesn't want to put my butt in a religious re-education camp.
Are you familiar with what "non-sequitor" means?

JohnnyMack
Obsessed much?

And yes, all christians, muslims, and I'd venture hindus and pretty much any other religion that has "gods" would be what I'd consider "creationist." No, not by some whack job liberal's definition of the word, or by some cult movement who thinks everything came to be a few thousand years ago, but by sensible folks' for sure. And you poo pooing God doesn't bother me a bit. Unlike some christians, I don't believe it is my responsibility to try and save ignorant people. We all choose our way, and we all must pay based on the way we choose. Rock on with your shallow self.

A Christian calling an Atheist shallow and naive.

This place rules.

Animal Mother
Obsessed much?

I don't say it to bother you. I say it because it takes a lot of faith to be an atheist. You're a redneck whack job so what does it martyr to either of us. You have an intrinsic need to be right and to dominate. Sounds pretty gay to me. Id' like to quote a famous conservative saying from this board now. "If it doesn't bother you why do you feel the need to respond?" I'd certainly never try and stop you from worshipping Dean. I obviously kick your cage about it but it's just words. Since you guys like to interpret the Constitution allow me to have a stab at it. Freedom of religion is freedom from religion to me.

C&CDean
9/5/2008, 02:15 PM
I don't say it to bother you. I say it because it takes a lot of faith to be an atheist. You're a redneck whack job so what does it martyr to either of us. You have an intrinsic need to be right and to dominate. Sounds pretty gay to me. Id' like to quote a famous conservative saying from this board now. "If it doesn't bother you why do you feel the need to respond?" I'd certainly never try and stop you from worshipping Dean. I obviously kick your cage about it but it's just words. Since you guys like to interpret the Constitution allow me to have a stab at it. Freedom of religion is freedom from religion to me.

Meh. You don't "kick my cage." I find you humorous.

And like I said, I got no problem with you being a non-believer. It's your life, it's your soul, it's your eternity.

And yes, I am an alpha male. Can't help it. Born that way.

My opinions are based in a 51 year lifetime of living/doing/believing pretty much everything there is out there. I've been just as negative about God and religion as you are. In fact I'm still very much against organized religion. Churches, and the hypocrits who attend them are what ****s it all up for me. However, I've been around enough life and death to understand there's something much larger than me out there. I call it God. If that makes me a religious redneck then so be it. I've been called a lot worse by a lot better folks than you.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/5/2008, 02:20 PM
as a pastor(associate anyway) I m against organized religion as well. the only people that Jesus had problems with were religious ..hypocrits are inside and outside the church but I see your point

JohnnyMack
9/5/2008, 02:20 PM

And like I said, I got no problem with you being a non-believer. It's your life, it's your soul, it's your eternity.

My opinions are based in a 51 year lifetime of living/doing/believing pretty much everything there is out there. I've been just as negative about God and religion as you are. In fact I'm still very much against organized religion. Churches, and the hypocrits who attend them are what ****s it all up for me. However, I've been around enough life and death to understand there's something much larger than me out there. I call it God. If that makes me a religious redneck then so be it. I've been called a lot worse by a lot better folks than you.

Meh. You're just hedging your bets 'cause you know what a bastard you used to be. :D

TexasLidig8r
9/5/2008, 02:23 PM
Can we get back on point please? Jeez laweez...

So..you think with the clothes off, Palin is still hot.. or does she still have the "just gave birth so my skin is still wrinkly and things are still stretched out of place" look to her?

C&CDean
9/5/2008, 02:26 PM
A Christian calling an Atheist shallow and naive.

This place rules.

So you gotta be a non-believer to be a deep thinker and an intelligent person huh?

Yes, I think it's naive and shallow to think man is the end all of the universe.

Yes, you think I'm shallow and naive because I sit a tree stand, watch the sunrise, deer, turkey, and other animals coming alive and I thank God for the opportunity to have those blessings.

Different strokes.

C&CDean
9/5/2008, 02:27 PM
Meh. You're just hedging your bets 'cause you know what a bastard you used to be. :D

Used to be?

JohnnyMack
9/5/2008, 02:28 PM
So you gotta be a non-believer to be a deep thinker and an intelligent person huh?

Yes, I think it's naive and shallow to think man is the end all of the universe.

Yes, you think I'm shallow and naive because I sit a tree stand, watch the sunrise, deer, turkey, and other animals coming alive and I thank God for the opportunity to have those blessings in my sights.

Different strokes.

Fixed.

TopDawg
9/5/2008, 02:28 PM
I bet Jesus would think we're all pretty shallow and naive to spend so much time on a message board.

He probably would appreciate that it was an OU message board, though.

r5TPsooner
9/5/2008, 02:30 PM
Can we get back on point please? Jeez laweez...

So..you think with the clothes off, Palin is still hot.. or does she still have the "just gave birth so my skin is still wrinkly and things are still stretched out of place" look to her?

I'd rather do the daughter because her boobies are huge.:D

Animal Mother
9/5/2008, 02:30 PM

I've been called a lot worse by a lot better folks than you.[/quote]

It's so very sad that christianity has taught you to be such a raging hypocrite. And I said redneck whack job not religious. Are you making assumptions that I haven't been around life and death? Waht have you been around? Animals you raised to slaughter? Seriously. I'm asking.Religious types always try to put those "bigger than me" words where they were never said. I certainly never said them. I believe there are many things bigger than myself. Your ego for starters.The laws of physics for another. I can say I don't beleive in them but if I jump off the 20 story building in Fort Worth that our company owns those laws will prove me wrong. At least you admit you love for people to acquiesce. At least I admit I agree.

r5TPsooner
9/5/2008, 02:33 PM
I've been called a lot worse by a lot better folks than you.

It's so very sad that christianity has taught you to be such a raging hypocrite. And I said redneck whack job not religious. Are you making assumptions that I haven't been around life and death? Waht have you been around? Animals you raised to slaughter? Seriously. I'm asking.Religious types always try to put those "bigger than me" words where they were never said. I certainly never said them. I believe there are many things bigger than myself. Your ego for starters.The laws of physics for another. I can say I don't beleive in them but if I jump off the 20 story building in Fort Worth that our company owns those laws will prove me wrong. At least you admit you love for people to acquiesce. At least I admit I agree.[/QUOTE]

:pop:

Tulsa_Fireman
9/5/2008, 02:38 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/gawker/2008/08/Miss_Wasilla_1984-1.jpg

You can almost see her BOOBIES.

BBBBBOOOOOONNNNNNGGGG

C&CDean
9/5/2008, 02:44 PM
I've been called a lot worse by a lot better folks than you.

It's so very sad that christianity has taught you to be such a raging hypocrite. And I said redneck whack job not religious. Are you making assumptions that I haven't been around life and death? Waht have you been around? Animals you raised to slaughter? Seriously. I'm asking.Religious types always try to put those "bigger than me" words where they were never said. I certainly never said them. I believe there are many things bigger than myself. Your ego for starters.The laws of physics for another. I can say I don't beleive in them but if I jump off the 20 story building in Fort Worth that our company owns those laws will prove me wrong. At least you admit you love for people to acquiesce. At least I admit I agree.[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to find a point in all this. Dean's got a big ego? True. Deservedly so, if I say so myself. Laws of physics? Um, OK, but I'm not sure what kind of analogy you're attempting to make here. Life and death? I was a nurses aid way back in the day when I first got out of the military. I worked geriatrics (nursing homes). I've seen a lot of folks check out of this world. I've had very close friends die. Family members. Etc. I've dealt with more than my share of trauma (car wrecks, motorcycle wrecks, parachute mishaps, etc.) mainly due to my lifestyle. I've seen more than a few folks take their final breath. Animals? Let's just say I've seen hundreds of them check out.

What has any of that taught me? Only that death is inevitable, and the folks who have God in their life always went so much more peacefully than those who didn't. The people I know now who don't believe in God are always wondering why their **** is all ****ed up. I know some non-believing folks who are in their 60's now, they've got no kids, tons of money, health, and they're the most miserable people I know. And like you, they look down the end of their nose at people who believe. Like you, they think we're ignorant rednecks uncapable of thinking our way around all the perplexity out there.

Again, I'm not sure of your point here, but if not believing works for you then rock on with it. It's your life.

Animal Mother
9/5/2008, 03:03 PM
[/size][/font][/size][/font][/color]

It's so very sad that christianity has taught you to be such a raging hypocrite. And I said redneck whack job not religious. Are you making assumptions that I haven't been around life and death? Waht have you been around? Animals you raised to slaughter? Seriously. I'm asking.Religious types always try to put those "bigger than me" words where they were never said. I certainly never said them. I believe there are many things bigger than myself. Your ego for starters.The laws of physics for another. I can say I don't beleive in them but if I jump off the 20 story building in Fort Worth that our company owns those laws will prove me wrong. At least you admit you love for people to acquiesce. At least I admit I agree.

I'm trying to find a point in all this. Dean's got a big ego? True. Deservedly so, if I say so myself. Laws of physics? Um, OK, but I'm not sure what kind of analogy you're attempting to make here. Life and death? I was a nurses aid way back in the day when I first got out of the military. I worked geriatrics (nursing homes). I've seen a lot of folks check out of this world. I've had very close friends die. Family members. Etc. I've dealt with more than my share of trauma (car wrecks, motorcycle wrecks, parachute mishaps, etc.) mainly due to my lifestyle. I've seen more than a few folks take their final breath. Animals? Let's just say I've seen hundreds of them check out.

What has any of that taught me? Only that death is inevitable, and the folks who have God in their life always went so much more peacefully than those who didn't. The people I know now who don't believe in God are always wondering why their **** is all ****ed up. I know some non-believing folks who are in their 60's now, they've got no kids, tons of money, health, and they're the most miserable people I know. And like you, they look down the end of their nose at people who believe. Like you, they think we're ignorant rednecks uncapable of thinking our way around all the perplexity out there.

Again, I'm not sure of your point here, but if not believing works for you then rock on with it. It's your life.[/quote]

I was born on July 21 1957 Dean. So that makes me , let me take my shoes off, 51 !!!! I've seen many friends and family die myself. I look down my nose? Pot meet kettle brother!! I know lots of libs that are believers and I don't think they're ignorant and I don't think you are either or I wouldn't spar with you dude. I stand my ground too, so I enjoy the fact that you do the same. I respect you. Mack tells me you're kinda cute too.

The laws of physics are proved when my head splatters like a ripe melon on Houston Street. I can't prove to you that god doesn't exist and you can't prove to me that god does exist and that is the opposite of that to me. You believe what you say to me to be true and vice versa.So there is no point. It's just an internet message board kinda world. It's people that find god in a foxhole that I can't feature.

Veritas
9/5/2008, 03:04 PM
How about the atheists and Christians learn to properly use the quote button. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Vaevictis
9/5/2008, 03:06 PM
How about the atheists and Christians learn to properly use the quote button. Sheesh. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Why, is there something wrong with what they're doing?

C&CDean
9/5/2008, 03:10 PM
Go **** up a rope husker.

Hamhock
9/5/2008, 03:11 PM
How about the atheists and Christians learn to properly use the quote button. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Why, is there something wrong with what they're doing?[/QUOTE]

did you reply to the How to Pronounce Your Handle Thread?

Vaevictis
9/5/2008, 03:17 PM
did you reply to the How to Pronounce Your Handle Thread?

No. Use a dictionary.

The Maestro
9/5/2008, 03:18 PM
You can tell it isn't OU-texas week...

Animal Mother
9/5/2008, 03:29 PM
Go **** up a rope husker.

rilly!!!
grammir kops!!! crymany!!!

Tulsa_Fireman
9/5/2008, 04:17 PM
You're not a very nice person.

C'mere.

Gimme a hug.

http://jworld.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/picture1-hug-end.jpg

LosAngelesSooner
9/5/2008, 04:23 PM
Obsessed much?

Just for the record, no "whack job Liberal" gave the term "Creatioinist" that definition. CREATIONISTS did. That's what the issue was with the school board of Kansas. And that is why so many people were upset that they were trying to make it legal to teach it in the classroom. Just because you may not adhere to those principles of belief, doesn't mean THEY are wrong, it just means you're ascribing to a belief that you actually DON'T BELIEVE IN.

Kinda like so many "Pro-Lifers" aren't really "Pro-Life." They are anti-abortion. Pro-Life means you believe in the sanctity of ALL LIFE, and therefore are anti-abortion, anti-death penalty and anti-euthanasia. Words have definitions for a reason and if you don't believe me then why are so many people okay with "gay civil unions," but morally outraged by "gay marriage?"

Words. Definitions.

(and, in fairness, me being a writer means I pay particular attention to words and what those words mean)

And Palin has described herself as a "Strict Creationist." She BELIEVES that the Earth is only 5 thousand years old. That's what she meant when she said it. That's what Huckabee means when he says it. This really isn't up for debate. :O

Hamhock
9/5/2008, 04:38 PM
. the Earth is only 6 thousand years old. That's what she meant when she said it. .

fixed

Veritas
9/5/2008, 04:46 PM
And Palin has described herself as a "Strict Creationist."
LAS, you need to provide a citation for this. There isn't anything out there (that I've found) where Palin uses that phrase. As you said, words are key.