PDA

View Full Version : Blue Bag??? WTF???

bonkuba
9/3/2008, 02:15 PM
When I pulled into Sooner Village (LNC) last Saturday the guy greeting us gave us a Blue Bag. I asked "What is this thing for?"......he replied "To put your cans, bottles, etc in". My first thought (though I didnt day it) was "Take the blue bag and stuff it up you ***....the trash cans are fine dude".

My thought is if they want my used **** so bad they can dig it out of the trash. I just dont want to take the time to separate all this stuff......and get nothing for it.:D :D

My wife on the other hand is all into this ****.

I put a few of the kids dirt diapers in the blue bag.....ya know just for fun and stuff:D :D

Anyway.....rant over ;)

frankensooner
9/3/2008, 02:46 PM
Why do you hate mother earth?

;)

bonkuba
9/3/2008, 04:01 PM
I love Mother Earth but I hate the folks that push this green **** down our throats.....or well into blue bags....:mad: :D

By the way....I loved the don't mess with mother nature commercials when I was a kid. What were they advertising...was it butter or something? Well I digress....:D

M
9/3/2008, 04:07 PM
What's the big deal? It's really common in many areas of the country to see separate bins in public areas for trash and recyclable materials.

frankensooner
9/3/2008, 04:09 PM
They have separate bins around the stadium too, I think the ones for plastic/aluminum are blue. How DARE they! ;)

Taxman71
9/3/2008, 04:10 PM
I don't like the surprise guilt trip approach when you are trying to have a good time..........this means you Mr./Mrs. Cashier at Wal Mart/Walgreen's/McDonalds/Chili's and anywhere else that asks for a donation to some charity when you are trying to pay and get to your car. Yes, I know it is only a dollar, but if the corporation wants some good PR, they can make a donation from their profits, not by laying a guilt-trip on me in front of the other customers.

SoonerInKCMO
9/3/2008, 04:12 PM
Yeah, giving you a bag that you can choose to put your recyclables in is "shoving green **** down your throat". :rolleyes:

M
9/3/2008, 04:17 PM
I heard that at the next football game, those same people are going to burn a parking lot full of Hummers.

;)

bonkuba
9/3/2008, 04:31 PM
Yeah, giving you a bag that you can choose to put your recyclables in is "shoving green **** down your throat". :rolleyes:

Yep....sure is winky back at ya....hahahaha!:D

bonkuba
9/3/2008, 04:33 PM
I heard that at the next football game, those same people are going to burn a parking lot full of Hummers.

;)

If so.....I am sooooooo there :D Anything to bring the freaks out...ha!

soonerbrat
9/3/2008, 04:34 PM
don't be such a baby.

C&CDean
9/3/2008, 04:34 PM
Well if you didn't tailgate at the LNC with all the other losers you wouldn't have this problem. Why, for the love of exercise, does anybody want to tailgate 9 miles from the stadium?

bonkuba
9/3/2008, 04:36 PM
I know.....I know.....its just the end of the day and I have had some really great customers today (geeesh).

Believe me, I am all for keeping our planet clean, etc.....BUT it is my choice to do so (or not)....when some of these limp-wristed ****ers guilt ya to death to do this **** it would be great to throat punch one and hand there blue bag back to them after I wipe my *** with it.

Anyway......I need a beer or maybe some OVJ??? OleVet ya there my friend?? May need some time in the smiley face room to calm down...:D :D

soonerbrat
9/3/2008, 04:39 PM
I know.....I know.....its just the end of the day and I have had some really great customers today (geeesh).

Believe me, I am all for keeping our planet clean, etc.....BUT it is my choice to do so (or not)....when some of these limp-wristed ****ers guilt ya to death to do this **** it would be great to throat punch one and hand there blue bag back to them after I wipe my *** with it.

Anyway......I need a beer or maybe some OVJ??? OleVet ya there my friend?? May need some time in the smiley face room to calm down...:D :D

you gotta put the trash in a trash bag anyway, right? geez.

bonkuba
9/3/2008, 04:39 PM
:D
Well if you didn't tailgate at the LNC with all the other losers you wouldn't have this problem. Why, for the love of exercise, does anybody want to tailgate 9 miles from the stadium?

Mainly for the kiddos......they can roam free (well almost) and I can just kick back for a few. I did come by for a minute (literally)....dropped a few in the kitty and left. We plan to come for a bit longer this Sat.......depending on how the day is going

By the way, everything at the tailgate looked really great. Great location,....well everything.:D

bonkuba
9/3/2008, 04:48 PM
you gotta put the trash in a trash bag anyway, right? geez.

Yes, trash.....which means everything to me (cans, plastic, glass, diapers.....anything else for that matter). Hmmmm.......or does it mean everything......well I dunno ;)

C&CDean
9/3/2008, 04:54 PM
:D

Mainly for the kiddos......they can roam free (well almost) and I can just kick back for a few. I did come by for a minute (literally)....dropped a few in the kitty and left. We plan to come for a bit longer this Sat.......depending on how the day is going

By the way, everything at the tailgate looked really great. Great location,....well everything.:D

Cool. And as you noticed, we put all our trash - bones, plates, cans, bottles, ****ty diapers, used tampons, you name it, all in one big black bag. As God intended.

mdklatt
9/3/2008, 04:56 PM
Believe me, I am all for keeping our planet clean, etc.....BUT it is my choice to do so (or not)

So let me get this straight. This is something you think is a good idea, but because somebody made it easier for you to do by giving you a recycling bag, you're response "to hell with that"? If I told you not to step in a pile of dog ****, would you do it anyway out of spite?

bonkuba
9/3/2008, 05:03 PM
So let me get this straight. This is something you think is a good idea, but because somebody made it easier for you to do by giving you a recycling bag, you're response "to hell with that"? If I told you not to step in a pile of dog ****, would you do it anyway out of spite?

Yep.......and you missed the whole point my friend.....they are not trying to make it easier for you. These "greeners" as I like to call them (I am being nice OK?) are trying to guilt you into doing this ****. Believe me I see this all the time and it makes me want to puke into their little bags. Let everyone decide on their own.

Anyway, yes.....spite is very cool and is well deserved in this case :D

mdklatt
9/3/2008, 05:11 PM
Yep.......and you missed the whole point my friend.....they are not trying to make it easier for you. These "greeners" as I like to call them (I am being nice OK?) are trying to guilt you into doing this ****. Believe me I see this all the time and it makes me want to puke into their little bags. Let everyone decide on their own.

There are port-a-potties at the tailgate. Can you believe that? The nerve, trying to guilt us into not taking a **** wherever we want. Well screw that. I'm gonna take a dump right on the hot wings on Saturday.

SicEmBaylor
9/3/2008, 05:14 PM
What's the big deal? It's really common in many areas of the country to see separate bins in public areas for trash and recyclable materials.

Whenever I see that, I make a concerted effort to purposely throw the wrong stuff into the wrong bin. It amuses me because I imagine these little emo dudes picking through the trash and cussing me under their breath.

NormanPride
9/3/2008, 05:16 PM
I will NOT be having any hot wings.

mdklatt
9/3/2008, 05:20 PM
It amuses me because I imagine these little emo dudes

*cough*

bonkuba
9/3/2008, 05:27 PM
There are port-a-potties at the tailgate. Can you believe that? The nerve, trying to guilt us into not taking a **** wherever we want. Well screw that. I'm gonna take a dump right on the hot wings on Saturday.

Heh ;) :D

nmsoonergirl
9/3/2008, 05:56 PM
Whenever I see that, I make a concerted effort to purposely throw the wrong stuff into the wrong bin. It amuses me because I imagine these little emo dudes picking through the trash and cussing me under their breath.

Cause going out of your way to make someone else's job harder is really cool.:(

yermom
9/3/2008, 06:48 PM
it's ok, that just means that somewhere somebody paid by SicEm's tax dollars is having to work extra hours

olevetonahill
9/3/2008, 06:59 PM

If its at the Tailgate I bet Dean whips yer ***.
Just sayin

GottaHavePride
9/3/2008, 07:47 PM
I'll tell you one thing I like about NYC.

Mandatory recycling.

As in, if they find **** that should have been recycled in your trash, they will fine the hell out of you for it.

I like that.

And yes, I thought WALL-E kicked ***.

SicEmBaylor
9/3/2008, 07:51 PM
I'll tell you one thing I like about NYC.

Mandatory recycling.

As in, if they find **** that should have been recycled in your trash, they will fine the hell out of you for it.

I like that.

And yes, I thought WALL-E kicked ***.

Wow, the government sifting through my trash to make sure I put everything into the proper bin. Talk about the nanny-state. You can count me out of that ****.

Damned yankees.

GottaHavePride
9/3/2008, 09:37 PM
It doesn't take much sifting to find a bunch of Zima bottles clanking together. ;)

BudSooner
9/3/2008, 09:39 PM
Wow, the government sifting through my trash to make sure I put everything into the proper bin. Talk about the nanny-state. You can count me out of that ****.

Damned yankees.

That's ok, the gubmint will make Austin the nations first mega landfill.

It would improve the smell there anyway.:D

mdklatt
9/3/2008, 10:33 PM

What gives you the right to **** things up for everyone else?

mdklatt
9/3/2008, 10:34 PM
it's ok, that just means that somewhere somebody paid by SicEm's tax dollars is having to work extra hours

Oh please, SicEm's never earned a dollar in his life. He doesn't pay anything but sales tax, and that's not even with his own money.

proud gonzo
9/3/2008, 10:38 PM
know what happens instead sometimes? they throw the whole ****ing lot out. Thanks, man. Way to give a crap about humanity. I'd like to throw YOU in the wrong f*cking bin.

Soonerus
9/3/2008, 10:42 PM

Dean, are you talking about all 200 losers, i.e RV's (probably 2000 people) who inhabit LNC...have you ever tried it ?? You should before making such comments...

proud gonzo
9/3/2008, 10:55 PM
Dean, are you talking about all 200 losers, i.e RV's (probably 2000 people) who inhabit LNC...have you ever tried it ?? You should before making such comments...dude, he's not going to ****ing try the LNC tailgates. Most of us aren't going to because OUR tailgate is better. Know why it's better? It doesn't have YOU there telling us we should all tailgate at Lloyd ****ing Noble.

Soonerus
9/3/2008, 10:58 PM
dude, he's not going to ****ing try the LNC tailgates. Most of us aren't going to because OUR tailgate is better. Know why it's better? It doesn't have YOU there telling us we should all tailgate at Lloyd ****ing Noble.

Nobody thinks everybody should tailgate all together, I am just saying there are a lot of good spots and the LNC is a really good one. I have no doubt Casablanca is a great spot...don't be so weird...

soonerbrat
9/4/2008, 11:12 AM
do you sort your laundry before you wash it?

Scott D
9/4/2008, 01:32 PM
his mommy probably forced him to sort his laundry as a child which means he doesn't sort his laundry for anybody.

Sooner_Bob
9/4/2008, 01:33 PM
I love Mother Earth but I hate the folks that push this green **** down our throats.....or well into blue bags....:mad: :D

By the way....I loved the don't mess with mother nature commercials when I was a kid. What were they advertising...was it butter or something? Well I digress....:D

Seriously? You're griping about someone wanting you to help out by recycling stuff?

bonkuba
9/4/2008, 01:36 PM
his mommy probably forced him to sort his laundry as a child which means he doesn't sort his laundry for anybody.

Darn tootin' there buddy.....:D :D

sooneron
9/4/2008, 01:36 PM
Seriously? You're griping about someone wanting you to help out by recycling stuff?

I think he is.

Sooner_Bob
9/4/2008, 01:39 PM
I think he is.

The nerve . . . :texan:

C&CDean
9/4/2008, 01:51 PM
Sorry people, but I'm kinda with bonkuba on this one. The only thing I recycle is aluminum cans, and only because I get some jingle jangle for them. If there wasn't any money in it, I wouldn't do it.

Of course we do burn all of our paper trash, so we're not spreading it around - well except for the ashes and the hole I burn in the ozone every time I light the burn pile.

For Russell:

The LNC is the spot where all the average, typical, non-adventurous, lazy, people who call the university and ask "where can I tailgate" go. Nothing wrong with it per se, it's just not for us. We prefer somewhere a little more unique, different, and less average.

We also prefer not to walk a marathon to get to the game, or worse yet, ride a ****ing bus with a bunch of blue haired old ladies and lazy fatasses. We are less than a block from Campus Corner, 3 blocks from the stadium, about a hunnert yards from a store if we need more ice/beer/etc., and we're not surrounded by a bunch of Southern Baptists in motorhomes hiding their hooch from the other Southern Baptists drinking in the same parking lot.

If it's your bag, rock on with it. It's just not our cup of tea.

Scott D
9/4/2008, 01:54 PM
um Dean, the bag was for aluminum cans and plastic bottles. And his description doesn't sound like the people handing out the bags were "Take this ****ing bag or I'm going to cut you" to him about it.

Taxman71
9/4/2008, 02:32 PM
I would stop by the tailgate but I think I have been banned from Casablanca's premises since the early 90's when I lived on Jenkins..........if those bushes could talk.

C&CDean
9/4/2008, 02:45 PM
um Dean, the bag was for aluminum cans and plastic bottles. And his description doesn't sound like the people handing out the bags were "Take this ****ing bag or I'm going to cut you" to him about it.

um Scott, the machine gets pissed when I dump plastic bottles in with my aluminum cans.

If I were old, lazy, average, and non-adventurous, I'd probably tailgate there. And when they went to hand me the bag, I'd simply go "no thank you."

Soonerus
9/4/2008, 02:58 PM
Sorry people, but I'm kinda with bonkuba on this one. The only thing I recycle is aluminum cans, and only because I get some jingle jangle for them. If there wasn't any money in it, I wouldn't do it.

Of course we do burn all of our paper trash, so we're not spreading it around - well except for the ashes and the hole I burn in the ozone every time I light the burn pile.

For Russell:

The LNC is the spot where all the average, typical, non-adventurous, lazy, people who call the university and ask "where can I tailgate" go. Nothing wrong with it per se, it's just not for us. We prefer somewhere a little more unique, different, and less average.

We also prefer not to walk a marathon to get to the game, or worse yet, ride a ****ing bus with a bunch of blue haired old ladies and lazy fatasses. We are less than a block from Campus Corner, 3 blocks from the stadium, about a hunnert yards from a store if we need more ice/beer/etc., and we're not surrounded by a bunch of Southern Baptists in motorhomes hiding their hooch from the other Southern Baptists drinking in the same parking lot.

If it's your bag, rock on with it. It's just not our cup of tea.

Dean, you have told me this stuff about 8 times now and also explained how you felt Casablanca was a small piece of nirvana. I just find it odd you would continue to trash talk on LNC without ever trying it.

Scott D
9/4/2008, 03:02 PM
um Scott, the machine gets pissed when I dump plastic bottles in with my aluminum cans.

If I were old, lazy, average, and non-adventurous, I'd probably tailgate there. And when they went to hand me the bag, I'd simply go "no thank you."

not my fault you clearly have inferior machines down there.

C&CDean
9/4/2008, 03:10 PM
Dean, you have told me this stuff about 8 times now and also explained how you felt Casablanca was a small piece of nirvana. I just find it odd you would continue to trash talk on LNC without ever trying it.

Except you ain't listening Rus.

I have been to the LNC to tailgate. I was over there when Alabama came to town and checked out all the goofy Bammers with their Bear Bryant is God paraphernalia. Before we started doing SF.com tailgates I went over there several times. Of course that was pre-Stoops.

Like I said, if it's your cup of tea, then drink it. I know several people who pull their motorhomes in over there, and there's not a one of them I'd really like to sit and party with for a couple hours before a game. I called the university back when we left our initial spot by the Huston-Huffman, and they said "Rugby pitch (which is gone now), or LNC." I'd just rather tailgate somewhere where we don't have to deal with other folks right on top of us. We have our lot to ourselves. We like it.

olevetonahill
9/4/2008, 03:30 PM
do you sort your laundry before you wash it?

Are you supposed to ?
I just chunk it in the warsher till its about 2/3rds full then dump soap in and Turn it on .

bonkuba
9/4/2008, 03:45 PM
Are you supposed to ?
I just chunk it in the warsher till its about 2/3rds full then dump soap in and Turn it on .

heh :D :D :D

I had to wear a few pair of pink undies in college for doing that.......or....uh.....wait ;)

Scott D
9/4/2008, 03:48 PM
you secretly liked it ;)

Taxman71
9/4/2008, 05:06 PM
I think Casablanca wins solely based on proximity to the Greek House and Suger's.

olevetonahill
9/4/2008, 05:20 PM
heh :D :D :D

I had to wear a few pair of pink undies in college for doing that.......or....uh.....wait ;)

But if warsh em In cold water, Its ok . I think :confused: